+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Americans So Apathetic... And what can be done about it ?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Default Re: Why Are Americans So Apathetic... And what can be done about it ?

Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    I'm surprised no one has commented on the physical reasons for the apathy. The Germans put fluoride in drinking water in concentration camps to keep the prisoners apathetic. It worked then and it works now.
    Did you miss post #18?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

cursichella1 (12th June 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,266 times in 763 posts

We're ultimately responsible for the actions of our leaders, and can no longer claim innocence in allowing these illegal aggressions to continue. This is like the Nazi excuse of "just following orders", with the exception that we are capable of changing our leaders.

If Americans realized their responsibility for these illegal and immoral acts, and believed they would be facing perhaps a Nuremburg-like trial (along with St. Peter at the "pearly gates", karma or whatever...), you can bet that they'd be less apathetic.
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

giovonni (12th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

As America became more "Evangelicalized", the "Fatalism Quotient" increased exponentially among the masses. The higher the "Fatalism Quotient" got, complacency among the masses rose too on several important levels, hence, why we are at the point where we are now. The NWO is already in place and has been for many years now. The shift has already taken place too. If you want to know which direction that shift has shifted to, be up at dawn to watch the sun rise.
    Last edited by Roisin; 12th June 2014 at 01:53.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

cursichella1 (12th June 2014), giovonni (12th June 2014), Hervé (23rd June 2014), Shezbeth (15th June 2014), Sidney (12th June 2014), ulli (13th June 2014), william r sanford72 (13th June 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

For a report on the Global apathy following the Snowden leaks, see this post:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post843265

p.s. I couldn't decide which was the best thread for this...
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

giovonni (12th June 2014), Sidney (12th June 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Quote Posted by seeker1972 (here)
    "The BFP Roundtable takes on the public apathy surrounding the illegal wars of aggression, the extrajudicial drone assassinations, the illegal warrantless wiretapping, and other outrages of our era. Why is the public so passive in the face of such abuses?"

Kinda gives the impression that no other nation has an apathetic populace. That any other country who's leaders have been abusive, have had their people put a stop to it right away.

Or maybe the implication is that only Americans are expected to not be apathetic? Every one else can be, but not us?

BINGO !

'It has been said ... 'When you blame others ... You give up your power to Change.'
    Every single society and culture that has played at being the top dog, in their given 'time' has had such inertia and apathy.

All.

Not one exception so far, that I am aware of.

How does that go again? Oh yes...: "It is difficult to get a warm and comfortable person to understand what cold and freezing means."

Essentially, if it is not personal, it is not understood. If it is not personal, it is not noticed.

When a system embarks on a very controlled and perfected methodology of making sure the public does not ever understand what is going on with their energies, then such a purposely built, enabled and enforced veil is going to be difficult to bring down. Especially since the opposite of it's 'sleep', is knowing,and the minimum that can come from the knowing..is pain, pain of the most horrid kind. So it will be especially difficult to entertain such thinking, in societal awareness terms.

So you want to awaken an entire culture and society.

And yet... we can't even get the average human man or woman to understand when their partner wants to leave and wants nothing to do with them anymore. They can't get past THAT, and you want something infinitely more complex, infinitely more difficult, and infinitely more layered -to deal with... to happen?

Think about this for a while and consider the complexity of the hurdles, and how if even one of them get knocked down, the people, in a hypnotic state, go over to the hurdle, stand it back up again....and KILL anyone who tries to upset that hurdle. Never mind the state/religion/corporate games in that direction.

The monkey in man is a very potent thing, especially when it lies in them - unrealized as being the core thing that runs their internal show and cognition.
    Last edited by Carmody; 12th June 2014 at 02:48.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

cursichella1 (12th June 2014), giovonni (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), seko (12th June 2014), Shezbeth (15th June 2014), StandingWave (12th June 2014), ulli (13th June 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 times in 817 posts

Not the American people, but I wish the American government and THE Military-Industrial Complex was a bit more apathetic.

What has their enthusiastic meddling, "removing dictators" and "bringing peace" to the middle east done

The UN Security Council has condemned attacks in Iraq by Islamist militants who have overrun two major cities, Mosul and Tikrit.

The UN also said the humanitarian situation around Mosul, where up to 500,000 people have fled, was "dire and is worsening by the moment".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27806094

Please any Americans don't take this as an insult,
    I am British ( if that means anything anymore) and we are just as responsible if not historically more so.
    Last edited by Dorjezigzag; 12th June 2014 at 02:48.
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

cursichella1 (12th June 2014), giovonni (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), Strat (13th June 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    at 1:08:00 Sibel speaks about Snowden being one of the best psyops of our time....

I personally couldn't agree more... Snowden and Wiki-leaks both got so much air time on the news I KNEW by that ALONE they were fake... you would never see something like that on the MSM unless it was intended to be.
    There have been many whistleblowers before Snowden with the same information, all of whom received little to no media coverage. The so-called Snowden revelations are nothing new.

In my view, Snowden is an unwitting shill; I don't necessarily think he is a conscious agent of psyops, but rather a pawn in a greater psyops above his pay grade. The information was deliberately leaked and disseminated en masse with the intent to shift the collective consciousness into a state of acclimation. As we transition into the NWO, people need to accept their state of servitude. One doesn't throw a cold glass into the oven. It need be tempered first if you don't want it to crack into a million pieces.

The Snowden revelations are a campaign of acclimation.
    Last edited by T Smith; 12th June 2014 at 03:23.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

4evrneo (25th June 2014), cursichella1 (12th June 2014), Curt (13th June 2014), giovonni (12th June 2014), Pam (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), william r sanford72 (13th June 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 times in 1,676 posts

Quote Posted by cursichella1 (here)
    We're ultimately responsible for the actions of our leaders, and can no longer claim innocence in allowing these illegal aggressions to continue. This is like the Nazi excuse of "just following orders", with the exception that we are capable of changing our leaders.

If Americans realized their responsibility for these illegal and immoral acts, and believed they would be facing perhaps a Nuremburg-like trial (along with St. Peter at the "pearly gates", karma or whatever...), you can bet that they'd be less apathetic.
    Yes...and no.

If a bank robber enters a bank, are the bystanders responsible for stopping the crime? Yes... and no. In a very real sense, yes. As a bystander I could physically accost the robber (and risk my life) to attempt to thwart the crime. This is same relationship Americans have to their leaders.

If one is tempted to argue Americans "elected" their representatives and are therefore responsible for them, that is totally a bogus (and naive) premise. Elections are rigged, plain and simple. Grant it, black-box voting manipulation is a trump card that need not always be played, but when TPTB have that card in their deck, what difference does it make? If mind-control, brainwashing, and manipulation of the collective consciousness all fail, you always have the black-box voting trump card to play.

The very sad reality is, Americans are largely helpless to change this dynamic. To compound the problem, Americans are mostly unaware of their predicament, which greatly reduces any meaningful and effective resistance.
    Last edited by T Smith; 12th June 2014 at 03:49.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

cursichella1 (12th June 2014), giovonni (12th June 2014), Joe Akulis (12th June 2014), Pam (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), Shezbeth (15th June 2014)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    Quote Posted by cursichella1 (here)

Yes...and no.

If a bank robber enters a bank, are the bystanders responsible for stopping the crime? Yes... and no. In a very real sense, yes. As a bystander I could physically accost the robber (and risk my life) to attempt to thwart the crime. This is same relationship Americans have to their leaders.

If one is tempted to argue Americans "elected" their representatives and are therefore responsible for them, that is totally a bogus (and naive) premise. Elections are rigged, plain and simple. Grant it, black-box voting manipulation is a trump card that need not always be played, but when TPTB have that card in their deck, what difference does it make? If mind-control, brainwashing, and manipulation of the collective consciousness all fail, you always have the black-box voting trump card to play.

The very sad reality is, Americans are largely helpless to change this dynamic. To compound the problem, Americans are mostly unaware of their predicament, which greatly reduces any meaningful and effective resistance.
    I see what you're saying, however, the bank robbers don't represent the bank customers (or the human race for that matter). When the U.S. Gov't does something, they're doing it as our representatives, in our name.

Agreed, elections are crooked and rigged, but we're (meaning collectively in the past...) still responsible for being a asleep at the wheel when this became the norm.

I don't want to accept the blame for what these criminals do, either. But I am guilty of taking, at least for the first 20 of my legal voting years, for granted that our gov't was good and looking out for us and that they had good reasons for doing some of the questionable things they were doing. That went along with being oblivious and "looking out for no. 1" ha ha. But then we didn't know then what we know now. We were victims for being outsmarted, brainwashed, etc.

But now that we know, we don't have that excuse and shouldn't rest until we've enlightened as many others as possible, exhausting all options. Doing nothing when we KNOW makes us complicit.

A few avenues for change remain. I do believe it is up to those of us to do everything that we possibly can to bring the facts to those that are unaware.
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

giovonni (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), T Smith (12th June 2014), william r sanford72 (13th June 2014)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

apathy... why would i care? i gotta pain in my chest. i gotta run to (put your favorite store here) for some hotdogs. i need a pack of cigarettes. wheres my beer? what the hell is apathy? nobody cares about me.......hey the (put your favorite team here) are playing and I got money on this..... i gotta pain in my chest. i gotta run to (put your favorite store here) for some hotdogs. i need a pack of cigarettes. wheres my beer? Where is the apathy? it is right in society (every society). Right in your face (in every face). Right in everybody's face. it isn't only in America, it is everywhere. we just have more words to describe it.....

Please do not despair, it doesn't run rampant ~ so many are aware. and they are working behind the scenes to change this unfortunate cruci-fiction. who the hell cares about apathy? WE DO! who the hell cares about hotdogs? NOBODY! who the hell cares about a favorite team? NOBODY! WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT US AND YOU? EVERYBODY........... thank you Gio..... you bring great awareness to this concern........

bring it on........i say, if you have the means to discuss this issue, then you have the means to pay it forward and do the right thing..... i believe i will be placing this in another thread........as well.
    all the best,
    crosby

cynicism is good - ridicule - - bad. stick with this thread. there is a definitive power with numbers.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

giovonni (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), william r sanford72 (13th June 2014)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    If a bank robber enters a bank, are the bystanders responsible for stopping the crime? Yes... and no. In a very real sense, yes. As a bystander I could physically accost the robber (and risk my life) to attempt to thwart the crime.
    You could do that, like this guy did.

"Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

crosby (12th June 2014), giovonni (12th June 2014), Pam (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), T Smith (12th June 2014), TargeT (12th June 2014), Ulyse30 (14th June 2014)

23. Link to Post #32
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question Re: Why Are Americans So Apathetic... And what can be done about it ?

hmm ...

From July 2010

American Apathy will Destroy Our Society ?

on and on it goes ... waiting for the bubble to burst ...

24. Link to Post #33
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

On the other hand, i like to believe those of us sharing on this global forum...
    Are contributing in mitigating this apathetic conditioning ...

From October 2010

Dave Meslin "Redefining Apathy"

25. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

V
    Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    I'm surprised no one has commented on the physical reasons for the apathy. The Germans put fluoride in drinking water in concentration camps to keep the prisoners apathetic. It worked then and it works now.
    Did you miss post #18?
    Sure did. At least, that sentence. And I believe it was intentional. All of it - food, water, air, soil. Kill the planet to kill the people.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

giovonni (12th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), Sidney (12th June 2014), william r sanford72 (13th June 2014)

27. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,604 times in 20,701 posts

I posted the following on the Simon Discussion thread here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post843442
    but it seems we are discussing pretty much the same topic on several threads today, and it belongs here as much as anywhere:

Quote The discussion on the thread here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...314#post843314
    ...is really bringing home to me the truth in something that Simon pointed out, about the untenable condition that has been created on the planet by the numbers of psychopaths and otherwise dysfunctional souls who have been dumped here by the regressives, into the mainstream of relatively harmless and unsuspecting population who are unable to comprehend the mindset of the psychopaths and thus so easily become their unwitting prey.
    Although I am not nearly so naive as I once was, and though my eyes were opened as early as the Vietnam era to the kind of monstrous $_)$%&^%+#W+_)@+_ that has been perpetrated by those in power, it was still difficult for me at first to believe that the numerous shootings in the US such as the Sandy Hook event, etc. were staged by our own government, and especially that apparently conscienceless US citizens have been employed as actors to dramatize them.
    I'm not sure I know how to keep silent about it anymore, but at the same time, I don't know how to tell people what I think without risking them turning their backs on me, considering me a pathetic nut case.
    Nothing new for Avalonians, of course, but this does seem to be reaching a crisis point.
    If it's this bad now, I can only imagine what 2016 will be like, which Simon has said will be the tipping point.
    I certainly hope it's not going to take that long...
    Certainly apathy is a factor not just in the US but globally. But the problem is not just apathy, imho, it's the inability of normal people to comprehend the real agendas of sociopaths and psychopaths.
    And then, once comprehension takes place, shock sets in.
    And finally, numbness, resulting from seeing no way out.
    Apathy implies a willful decision to be uninvolved, but if individual and collective will itself has been tampered with, which is certainly the case, then I don't think apathy is really the right word.
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Becky (12th June 2014), giovonni (13th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), william r sanford72 (13th June 2014)

29. Link to Post #36
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    This is how I see the average American, and I would not call them apathetic.
    They are swimming, near drowning, without life vests, in a shark infested sea,
    barely keeping their noses above water,
    and darting between these hapless swimmers are luxury yachts, (representing the corporations),
    and on board of which are the corporative board members.
    And they spend their entire time scheming as groups,
    how to further make the life of the drowning swimmers miserable...
    also occasionally fishing someone out of the waters,
    to give them a job as a cleaner on board their yacht.

Somehow they remind me of the Roman emperors and their aristocracy of Ancient Rome,
    amusing themselves at the Coliseum.

P.S. I forgot to mention one more thing, that the yachts also try to ram each other. And that some captains get thrown overboard. So it's not all roses.
    Oh, and the ocean is orange....

But....all you have to do is stop struggling, stop flailing your arms around, and stand up. The water is two feet deep!

Which brings another interesting question: What do we get out of the flailing around and suffering? We're doing it because we get something out of doing it. What exactly is that? I want to suggest that's why the apathy exists. Because changing in some fundamental way will mean giving something up that's more important that the implied loss we will have if we change. The loss, I want to emphasize, is implied, and not necessarily real. Believing in the loss is just another way of flailing in this shallow water, or fanta orange pop as the case may be.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

MargueriteBee (14th June 2014)

31. Link to Post #37
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    OK, I am going out on a limb here. BUT Two days in a row there have been threads that are pointing offensive fingers at ALL AMERICANS. Not all of us are riding on the same boat. The people that need to hear the information here, never will, because sleeping people don't visit alternative sites like this. Keep in mind, there are sleeping (stupid) people EVERYWHERE. Not just the US. I was born, raised, and am still forced to live here, because of domestic laws. To leave the country I would have to give up my parental rights. That said, I am still an American. And I feel I am speaking for others here that are Americans.
    I truly am disgusted by the lack of class, and feelings by the members of Avalon this week. Seriously folks, there is such a thing called TACT. Find it, and use it. This video, should have been pasted on the other ANTI-AMERICAN thread.
    In my opinion, Avalon just lowered itself to a level that I am not proud of, because as part of the Avalon family, if you disrespect one of us, you disrespect all of us.
    Aw princess.

It's not so much Anti-American I think as it is anti-change. People are comfortable with the status-quo! They don't want to rock the boat because they'll miss dancing with the stars and that cold beer! And they're convinced that change will mean horrible things will happen! Which is why you won't give your guns up down there! If I hand over my gun from my cold dead hand, the entire system will collapse into a socialist nightmare.

Reality check from your friends to the north: You're already living in a socialist nightmare. The guns are only making it worse.

Family members have the strength to tell each other when the **** is getting to crazy, and they need to change. It's honesty and integrity even if it means 99% of the people you tell the truth to will hate your guts for it.

Sid, there's this disconnect with personal responsibility that's a big part of this problem. I call it the choice to engage in the system that promotes the use of victimhood as capital. People trade and keep their misery going because they can use it as capital to trade. It's what happens when you take the simplest aspects of capitalism and mix them with heavy doses of politically correct/socialist values that in themselves aren't bad, but when you combine them this way give people the notion that there has to be payment for suffering, and there always has to be someone else to blame.

If I remember correctly, all things being equal, one of the things Washington did was get into a boat that was rowed across the Delaware. Meaning, people took charge and rowed the boat physically across the river. What we would do now is wait for someone else to drag the boat from the other side, and then cry and whine that no one has put a rope on the boat itself, and then expect to be compensated because we are too weak minded to pick up an oar and do it ourselves.

I'm sorry, Sid. I read your post and just heard *wa wa wa*. As my friends keep telling me, choose your battles to mean something. This is just...wasted bandwidth in my opinion.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Shezbeth (15th June 2014)

33. Link to Post #38
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I posted the following on the Simon Discussion thread here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post843442
    but it seems we are discussing pretty much the same topic on several threads today, and it belongs here as much as anywhere:

Quote The discussion on the thread here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...314#post843314
    ...is really bringing home to me the truth in something that Simon pointed out, about the untenable condition that has been created on the planet by the numbers of psychopaths and otherwise dysfunctional souls who have been dumped here by the regressives, into the mainstream of relatively harmless and unsuspecting population who are unable to comprehend the mindset of the psychopaths and thus so easily become their unwitting prey.
    Although I am not nearly so naive as I once was, and though my eyes were opened as early as the Vietnam era to the kind of monstrous $_)$%&^%+#W+_)@+_ that has been perpetrated by those in power, it was still difficult for me at first to believe that the numerous shootings in the US such as the Sandy Hook event, etc. were staged by our own government, and especially that apparently conscienceless US citizens have been employed as actors to dramatize them.
    I'm not sure I know how to keep silent about it anymore, but at the same time, I don't know how to tell people what I think without risking them turning their backs on me, considering me a pathetic nut case.
    Nothing new for Avalonians, of course, but this does seem to be reaching a crisis point.
    If it's this bad now, I can only imagine what 2016 will be like, which Simon has said will be the tipping point.
    I certainly hope it's not going to take that long...
    Certainly apathy is a factor not just in the US but globally. But the problem is not just apathy, imho, it's the inability of normal people to comprehend the real agendas of sociopaths and psychopaths.
    And then, once comprehension takes place, shock sets in.
    And finally, numbness, resulting from seeing no way out.
    Apathy implies a willful decision to be uninvolved, but if individual and collective will itself has been tampered with, which is certainly the case, then I don't think apathy is really the right word.
    You needed Simon to tell you this?

Let me put it this way.

An uncle of mine who smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day and 2 bowls of dope (for "pain management" apparently) for 20+ years recently quit smoking. Six weeks later, he went for a physical and is now 3-4 weeks from being dead from cancer. He had an inability to comprehend the real agenda, that being he knew by smoking he put himself at a higher risk for cancer. He comprehended what the doctors, and then shock set in. Finally, he turned numb and realized there was no way out. He's waiting to die.

He was willfully involved in his disease by virtue of taking part in behaviours that put him in a higher risk category. The same is done by society using fossil fuels. We know we have cancer, and we're all throwing our arms up and asking ourselves, how can this be? Who can we blame, for surely we have done nothing wrong (as we light another cigarette).

It's time to stop looking for people to blame, and start waking up to the fact that the bill we are being presented to is our own fault. We wanted it this way. Why would we expect it to be any different, except that gets us out of having to take any responsibility?

As long as we continue to use our own victimhood to trade, we will never escape the cycle we have chosen to be in. And that's not anyone's agenda but our own.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Shezbeth (15th June 2014)

35. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

I will take the high road and ignore your PRINCESS DIG. This is a world problem. The Americans have many faults that are not shared with other countries. IMO, Apathy is not one of them. Going around name calling gets you nowhere.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Carmody (13th June 2014), giovonni (13th June 2014), onawah (13th June 2014), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), ulli (13th June 2014)

37. Link to Post #40
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Milneman my Friend ...

While sharing your perspectives on this issue are your prerogative on this thread ...

Your comments and condescending nature are beneath the true spirit of an Avalon member ...

Everyone on the board is entitled to have a bad day as such ... Here's hoping yours improves.

Gio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast