Thread: Healthy vs. Unhealthy Skin Care & Body Products

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 111,367 times in 12,886 posts

Default Healthy vs. Unhealthy Skin Care & Body Products

Healthy vs. Unhealthy Skin Care & Body Products,
    Health Tips for Clear Skin, Healthy Skin, Acne

Links provided below are for information and not for the best price.

Product link from video: “EveryDay Coconut

Two products I use:

"Castor Oil Soap" from the Heritage Products. Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, and Potash. No animal fats.

and

”Oralive Toothpaste" from AscendedHealth.com. It lasts about 8-10 months. It keeps my teeth white and there’s no plaque build up.

Ingredients: 
Volcanic Earth Minerals, Vitamin C, Camu Camu, Amla, Calcium, Xylitol, Nettle, Folic Acid, CoQ 10, Marine Phytoplankton, Astaxanthin, Blue Green Algae, Pau D’Arco, Aloe Vera, Noni, Peppermint, Melissa, Arnica, Licorice, Mint, Turmeric, Holy Basil, Ginger. Essential Oils of Neroli, Jasmine, Spikenard, Rose.
    Oralive Dental Regenerative Elixir

Description: All natural oral balancing paste made of live edible clays, calcium, superfoods, oxygen, essential oils, deep ocean trace minerals, ancient probiotic bacteria. Helps reset oral bioterrain with friendly microbes. Does not contain flouride or soap. Vegan.

Designed to help support your body to
    • inhibit bacteria that cause cavities, plaque and gingivitis
    • alleviate gum pain & gum bleeding
    • whiten teeth
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 22nd June 2014 at 13:52.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bluegrass (21st June 2014), Cara (21st June 2014), Fairy Friend (20th June 2014), genevieve (21st June 2014), Jean-Marie (21st June 2014), kanishk (21st May 2015), kirolak (21st June 2014), Mercedes (21st June 2014), peterpam (21st June 2014), sandy (21st June 2014), Sidney (20th June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    El Salvador Avalon Member Bluegrass's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Healthy vs. Unhealthy Skin Care & Body Products

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Healthy vs. Unhealthy Skin Care & Body Products,
    Health Tips for Clear Skin, Healthy Skin, Acne

Two products I use:

"Castor Oil Soap" from the Heritage Products. Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, and Potash. No animal fats.

Thanks for sharing. It's so important to read the labels. More often than not, it turns out that the best products are the most natural, and the least processed.

Some time ago, I found this little jewel: "How to Unlock the 7 Secret Benefts of Coconut Oil". This is a wonderful natural product, that has been overlooked by the big processed-oil industry.

I've checked this information, and I found it to be mostly true.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluegrass For This Post:

RunningDeer (21st June 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,832 times in 1,595 posts

Thanks, Running Deer. I have used Heritage Products for years. They are one of the few companies that I really trust to use wholesome, quality ingredients. Also, there is nothing like cocoanut oil to soften the skin.

added later;

I went to the web site you posted for Heritage. I had no idea how many products they make. I originally started using their products because they make products used in many of the Edgar Cayce remedies. Thanks again, Running dear..your contributions to Avalon are very much appreciated.
    Last edited by peterpam; 21st June 2014 at 13:46.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterpam For This Post:

Bluegrass (21st June 2014), RunningDeer (21st June 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Caution! You Won't Believe How Sunscreen Gets Into Your Blood... and More!

Two minutes in, it’s pointed out that it's not only sunscreen, it's lotions, shampoos, natural make up lines, and foods listed with titanium dioxide are not your friends.

I’ve included article below that implies it not as bad as some report. For myself, I continue to find healthy alternatives.

"Titanium Dioxide: Toxic or Safe?" By Lori Stryker, B.Sc., B.H.Ec., B.Ed.

This is a paragraph nearer to the bottom:

“…One form of mineral or mineral extract, including titanium dioxide, that we should be concerned about is ultrafine or nano particles. As technology has advanced, so has its ability to take normal sized particles of minerals and reduce them to sizes never before imagined. While many are praising this new technology, others are warning of its inherent dangers to our bodies….”

Titanium dioxide is the subject of new controversy, yet it is a substance as old as the earth itself.

“…Concern has arisen from studies that have pointed to titanium dioxide as a carcinogen and photocatalyst, thus creating fear in consumers. But are these claims true? What does the research on these allegations bear out? Would we as consumers benefit from avoiding this mineral to preserve our long-term health?…”

[article here]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bluegrass (21st June 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,152 times in 1,654 posts

When I see "well-preserved" old women, I can't help but ask them. They're friendly enough to answer my questions. I think people just don't believe it's that simple. The most common things I've heard from these women were:

- Olive oil
    - Almond oil
    - Alcohol (not sure which one, probably they used cologne on their faces)
    - Apricot cores (extracted oil therefrom would also do)
    - Mashed almonds as scrub
    - Something to do with dates
    - Lemon rind rubs (watch out for pesticides in this age)

That's pretty much it. And as far as sun is concerned, most of these ladies were southern and they inevitably got lots of solar exposure, especially in the old days when people hadn't yet invented sun screen. They have no skin cancer, they simply look lovely and age beautifully.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

raregem (22nd June 2014), RunningDeer (22nd June 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    When I see "well-preserved" old women, I can't help but ask them. They're friendly enough to answer my questions. I think people just don't believe it's that simple. The most common things I've heard from these women were:

- Olive oil
    - Almond oil
    - Alcohol (not sure which one, probably they used cologne on their faces)
    - Apricot cores (extracted oil therefrom would also do)
    - Mashed almonds as scrub
    - Something to do with dates

That's pretty much it. And as far as sun is concerned, most of these ladies were southern and they inevitably got lots of solar exposure, especially in the old days when people hadn't yet invented sun screen. They have no skin cancer, they simply look lovely and age beautifully.
    Quote - Alcohol (not sure which one, probably they used cologne on their faces)
    May be the advice given from the "well-preserved" old women on alcohol was the beverage type. IMO, alcohol not only ages face but it drain one's life force.

I recycle the lemon quarters from my drinking water, that or I apply a small amount of “Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar” over my face. Then splash on filtered water to dilute and blot off excess. To lock in the water, I apply a light moisturizer called, “Complex 15”.

Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion: “contains phospholipids which restore and maintain natural moisture balance in dry, sensitive skin. It’s hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, fragrance-free.” [See here for 77 reviews on Complex 15.]

From time to time, I use the toothpaste product I listed above as a mud mask. I'll add it here:

The ”Oralive Toothpaste" from AscendedHealth.com. It lasts about 8-10 months. It keeps my teeth white and there’s no plaque build up.

Ingredients: 
Volcanic Earth Minerals, Vitamin C, Camu Camu, Amla, Calcium, Xylitol, Nettle, Folic Acid, CoQ 10, Marine Phytoplankton, Astaxanthin, Blue Green Algae, Pau D’Arco, Aloe Vera, Noni, Peppermint, Melissa, Arnica, Licorice, Mint, Turmeric, Holy Basil, Ginger. Essential Oils of Neroli, Jasmine, Spikenard, Rose.
    Oralive Dental Regenerative Elixir

Description: All natural oral balancing paste made of live edible clays, calcium, superfoods, oxygen, essential oils, deep ocean trace minerals, ancient probiotic bacteria. Helps reset oral bioterrain with friendly microbes. Does not contain flouride or soap. Vegan.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 22nd June 2014 at 14:19.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

raregem (22nd June 2014), Violet (22nd June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread