+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Atlantis: where and when was it?

1. Link to Post #61
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Atlantis: where and when was it?

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I do tend to believe dolphins help humanity is some way, tho i can't pretend to know how..

P.s don't get me started on unicorns (kidding)
    This woman clearly has ovarian cancer, the dolphin is trying to warn her!

If these horny fish are trying to help us in someway, maybe it's to teach us to stop repressing ourselves sexually?

It's funny, dolphins have the same taste in women I do (the women that get "special attention" here on the island are usually pretty attractive by land mammal standards also)..

I think my spirit animal must be a dog, I relate everything back to dogs...

Horses = big dogs that are mostly scared

Dolphins = water dogs, like frenchies... the clowns of the ocean.....

I guess since everything we experience changes us in someway, I'm willing to concede that dolphins have some effect on us; though what it is I'm not so sure.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Mike (24th March 2016)

3. Link to Post #62
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

... dolphins got weaponized too... to blow up "enemy" ships... turned into sea jihadists.

... it seems they even had a "Paper Clip" operation of sorts with "chosen ones":

Quote READING: 633-2
    Entity was in the Atlantean land, when there was the breaking up of the isles and it had been given out that those who would or were to be saved must journey forth to the various centers to which the leaders had been given the passports. The entity was among those who came first to what is now the Pyrenees, and later to the activities - after they had been set up years before - in the Egyptian land.
    ... or it may have been a forerunner event being now "dramatized" under some sort of "Alternative III" escape or bugging out to DUMBs?
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Mike (24th March 2016), seko (24th March 2016), TargeT (24th March 2016)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,163 times in 4,071 posts

This thread has a lot to chew on, might be better in History. There is some speculation but most of it is based around actual findings. It's not just off the Americas either, worldwide coverage.

In the stories, Moon eyed people are small, so those are probably not the giants.
    Last edited by shaberon; 18th May 2016 at 05:35.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th October 2016)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Earthkeeper

John Van Auken - The ET/Alien Question

Published 18th October 2016

John is a Author, Teacher & Executive Director @ The Edgar Cayce Foundation, He talks to James about Atlantis, Edgar Cayce, Edgar Cayce's Readings on ET's, Life Purpose, Duality, Fallen Angels & More!

Last edited by Star Tsar; 18th October 2016 at 22:23.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th October 2016)

9. Link to Post #65
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,732 times in 1,319 posts

Does the Truth of Plato’s Atlantis Rest on a Shifting Sea Floor

Plato wrote over two thousand years ago about a prehistoric Atlantean civilization that existed more than nine thousand years before his time, or over eleven thousand years ago. Plato describes a civilization with a Bronze Age level of technology, centered on what was a large “Atlantic island” located somewhere outside the Mediterranean Sea in the Atlantic Ocean.

Plato wrote two works or “dialogues” called the Timaeus and Critias around 360 BCE and they are the only known works that describe the civilization of Atlantis in detail. They describe the travels to Egypt in about 570 BCE of the Athenian statesman Solon (638–558 BCE). While Solon was in Egypt, some senior Egyptian temple priests told him about the empire of Atlantis and its war against the nations of the eastern Mediterranean, including prehistoric Athens. The Mediterranean war occurred 9,000 years before Solon's time. After the war ended, the Atlantic Island sank and there were destructions of prehistoric Athens. Plato based his Atlantis dialogues on Solon's translation of the Egyptian story.

Athanasius Kircher's map of Atlantis, placing it in the middle of the
    Atlantic Ocean. From Mundus Subterraneus 1669, published in
    Amsterdam. The map is oriented with south at the top.

Historical Fact, or a Noble Lie?

In both the Timaeus and Critias, Plato repeatedly describes the Atlantis story as fact, not fiction. However, virtually from the time Plato wrote the dialogues in the 4 th century BCE, many philosophers and scholars have argued that Plato created the Atlantis story as a fiction or “noble lie”. They claim that Plato created a fictitious Atlantis and prehistoric Athens as a metaphor and moral message for a discussion about ideal societies. However, if you take the time to read a translation of the Timaeus and Critias, you will find the degree of detail that Plato uses, particularly to describe the geography of the Atlantic Island and prehistoric Athens, is much more than necessary for a metaphor.

Given the thousands of books and location theories already written about Atlantis, it surprises me that virtually all the authors pick parts of Plato's geographical descriptions or greatly alter them so that their theories satisfy only a few of the descriptions. Most commonly, the authors argue that Plato was either wrong in his time or distance calculations, that there was not an Atlantic Island that sank, or that Atlantis' location was not in the Atlantic Ocean. I have spent six years researching all of Plato's descriptions in the Timaeus and Critias as being true and precise.

All of Plato's precise descriptions are explained in Plato’s Caribbean Atlantis —including the location and nature of an Atlantic Island in the Atlantic Ocean as well as the Atlantean Empire and prehistoric Athens of over 11,000 years ago.

The Hidden Location of the Legendary Island

The "Atlantic island" in the Caribbean.

By analyzing Plato’s geographical descriptions of the “Atlantic island” , I have concluded that it was located in the eastern Caribbean region. The Atlantic Island was once a large landmass of over one million square kilometers that occupied the eastern half of the Caribbean Tectonic Plate. It was once above sea level but then most of it “sank” and now forms a large part of the Caribbean Sea floor.

Plato’s Atlantean civilization developed more than 11,600 years ago, after what is called the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM), which occurred about 20,000 years ago. The LGM was the time during the current Ice Age when glacial ice sheets over Antarctica and much of North America and Eurasia were at their greatest extent and kilometers thick.

The extent of the Last Glacial Maximum in Eurasia.

A warm period we now call the Holocene Epoch began after the LGM and marks the melting of massive quantities of glacial ice and a very large rise in the worldwide sea-level. The sea-level rose about sixty meters (196 feet) between 20,000 to 14,000 years ago, and then rose another sixty meters between 14,000 to 8,000 years ago, before it stabilized to about its present level 8,000-6,000 years ago.

If a Caribbean Atlantic Island was once above sea-level over 11,600 years ago, and afterwards was covered by the known sea-level rise from glacial ice melting, it would only be fifty to sixty meters (164 to 196 feet) below the present sea-level. Instead, most of the Caribbean Sea bottom is now thousands of meters below sea-level. The only way the Atlantic Island could “sink” by thousands of meters over a few thousand years is through a series of major subsidences of a large part of the eastern Caribbean Tectonic Plate on which the Caribbean Sea rests. There is no currently accepted geological mechanism for a rapid subsidence of this magnitude.

A map of the Caribbean Plate.

A new geological hypothesis might describe a mechanism for the rapid and deep submergence of the Atlantic Island. I have independently developed this hypothesis but, to date, it has not been fully reviewed and accepted by academic geologists. The hypothesis is a radical departure from conventional thinking about the vertical motion of the Earth’s tectonic plates.

Prehistoric Geology and Shifting Plates

The hypothesis’ basic concept is that during the current Ice Age, the weight of massive volumes of glacial ice that accumulated over the tectonic plates of Antarctica, North America and Eurasia pushed those plates down and caused uplift in remote tectonic plates not covered by ice. One of those remote tectonic plates that were uplifted was the Caribbean Plate and that uplift created an emergent Atlantic Island.

Geological evidence exists of large vertical movements of parts of the Caribbean Plate over many millions of years that correspond to changes in glacial ice thickness; in particular, relatively recent downward movements that could account for the submergence of the Atlantic Island in the past 11,000 years.

The Great Unknown

The ultimate issue to consider is whether the details of Plato’s Atlantis story are based on fact. If Plato did write the truth, then Atlantean civilization developed several thousand years before any known ancient civilization in Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China or the Americas. All the evidence available shows that Plato believed the Atlantis story and that more of the story once existed but is now lost.

Source: http://www.ancient-origins.net/opini...a-floor-021228

peace...
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

Atlas (22nd February 2017), Bill Ryan (22nd February 2017), Billy (22nd February 2017), BMJ (1st April 2017), DebJoy (22nd February 2017), dynamo (22nd February 2017), enigma3 (1st April 2017), Ewan (22nd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th March 2017), Ivanhoe (22nd February 2017), Joe (2nd April 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd February 2017), Richard S. (22nd February 2017), sheme (3rd April 2017), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2017)

11. Link to Post #66
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,816 times in 4,349 posts

Thanks, as always on this topic, very interesting -- but in my view very wrong. Academia, what little of it is given to the Atlantean myth, does spend rather too much time attempting to forensically analyse the remaining physical evidence of something that does not physically exist anymore, so it invariably ends up chasing ghosts, like Santorini, or Peru, or Greenland, or Great Britain, or Antarctica, and now the caribbean. I wish instead they would embrace actual accounts of what it was, where it was, and what really happened with Atlantis, by way of more metaphysical research methods, which have reached us through the likes of Edgar Cayce, or the Law of One. Or ask the numerous people that are alive today that were alive then, that do possess here and there slivers of actual memory of their Atlantean experience.

Keeping this very brief, so as not to hijack this thread - What I understand, and from what I believe to be true, and in some deep down esoteric way 'remember', is this:

Atlantis did not develop 11,600 years ago and then collapse, it reached its zenith many thousands, indeed tens of thousands of years before that. It went through several cycles of spiritual and technological enlightenment, far exceeding what we can even imagine today. It rose and fell several times, the most devastating actually occurring some 70,000 years ago. Its destruction spawned a new but lesser Atlantis after it. I believe the last cataclysm of ~10,500 BCE was not technically the Atlantis, not the true super-civilization that it once was, but a degenerate splinter Atlantis that was rebuilt on the ashes of the great old one.

No one knows the actual dates, and precise series of events, but the collapse that ended the island continent of Atlantis was largely due to a master group of psychic practitioners, a high order of adepts whose responsibility it was to harness and channel energy for all the technology. In seeking ever more powerful forms of energy, they were told (by higher forces) not to do what they eventually did. They were warned many times about environmental destruction, but ignored the warnings, thinking themselves so powerful, so untouchable, that nothing could harm them, that nothing mattered (sound familiar?). In combination with possibly some sort of sonic energy source they burrowed deep into the earth with their devices, augmented with pure thought energy (this same energy, what survived of the technique, built many of the world's ancient sites - some Atlanteans survived - vast megalithic stones can be manipulated with sonic interference waves), - they went deep, deep into the Earth's core trying to tap that core for greater and greater sources of power.

It destabilized the seam between the Eurasian and Caribbean plates, on which Atlantis stood. It created a great rift, and the earth convulsed, literally, it may even have flipped over on its axis, and in a massive, tumultuous and inconceivably violent geological event, the entire continent of Atlantis folded in on its own footprint, and went into the deeps. And not just into the ocean, but into the crust. It slipped into the very void the Atlanteans had opened to the core, and went down probably as far as the mantle beneath the crust. Thus, Atlantis, at least the main landmass that it once was, was no more. There is virtually nothing left of it apart from maybe fragments here and there of what was once its coastline. But 99% of the continent, and it really was a continent on the scale that Plato described, is gone forever. The Earth swallowed it, and it cannot be found scouring the ocean floor with sonar. It went under the ocean floor and into the crust. Sound far fetched? Maybe, but this is what I believe.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (1st April 2017), Chris Gilbert (18th March 2017), DebJoy (22nd February 2017), Delight (8th December 2019), dynamo (22nd February 2017), Ewan (22nd February 2017)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,738 times in 32,946 posts

A couple of inputs to a topic that's always fascinated me, too.

1) Many reading this might remember the large carved stone that was discovered in Ecuador a few years ago, and which has been presented and discussed by Klaus Dona many times.

What we can see here, pretty clearly, is a large island in the western Caribbean, that's most certainly no longer there. The other continents, including those on the other side of the stone 'globe', are all as we'd recognize them.

~~~

2) Regarding the disappearance of cities, or even large islands, under the waves: sinking just 500 ft (or maybe even 200 ft) would make them simply vanish.

It's pretty dark down there, even on the continental shelf, and with regular scuba diving equipment the depths attainable aren't much more than about 120 ft.

We're kind of educated into thinking that that's pretty deep. I mean, we can't swim down there and look. But 500 ft is the length of some people's back gardens. You can walk 500 ft down the road in 2 minutes, 3 at the most. It's a really tiny distance compared to the size of the whole planet.

It's absolutely nothing for the earth to shift that little. It's just that in our blink-of-an-eye human lifetimes, it's a rare event. Over hundreds of thousands of years, it happens all the time.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (22nd February 2017), Baby Steps (22nd February 2017), BMJ (1st April 2017), DebJoy (22nd February 2017), enigma3 (1st April 2017), Ewan (22nd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd February 2017), gord (22nd February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (22nd February 2017), Skywizard (22nd February 2017), uzn (22nd February 2017)

15. Link to Post #68
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Just to state for the record (for those who think I must be nuts for my theory of Atlantis, Bill included ), is simply that A) Atlantis was not destroyed due to a natural disaster, but they did it to themselves, and B) the island continent was far larger than alleged by the Caribbean, and most other current, hypotheses, and was more centrally located in the Atlantic ocean (pretty much around the Azores as Joe said).

cheers
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd February 2017), BMJ (1st April 2017), DebJoy (22nd February 2017), Ewan (22nd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (22nd February 2017)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 times in 2,400 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    Just to state for the record (for those who think I must be nuts for my theory of Atlantis, Bill included ), is simply that A) Atlantis was not destroyed due to a natural disaster, but they did it to themselves, and B) the island continent was far larger than alleged by the Caribbean, and most other current, hypotheses, and was more centrally located in the Atlantic ocean (pretty much around the Azores as Joe said).

cheers
    I've even read that Atlantis is not to be found in this dimension any more, (I think it might have been Djwal Khul through Alice Bailey that suggested this but don't quote me..).

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

BMJ (1st April 2017), DebJoy (22nd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017)

19. Link to Post #70
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'll go with Star Mariners explanation of Atlantis which is in line with my thoughts. Atlantis went through various stages of development and ended up a very high tech civilisation which had developed crystals as a power source. They had also had developed genetic manipulation producing results like the minators and centaurs. They got too big for there boots. The end came as Star Mariner says when they started to drill down to the Earth’s core in the Pacific, this is substantiated by The Farsight Institute's remote viewing of Atlantis. (http://farsight.org/FarsightPress/At...rue_Story.html). The drilling nearly destroyed the planet.

I have a relative who has past life memories of the end days of Atlantis, the end came slowly with many earthquakes allowing some of the population to escape before the landmass disappeared below the Atlantic Ocean. Those that escaped ended up in the Americas and some ended up in Egypt.

Could the Bible's account of Noah and the Ark be the story of one group of survivors?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tobor Knot For This Post:

BMJ (1st April 2017), Ewan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd February 2017)

21. Link to Post #71
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,732 times in 1,319 posts

Quote Posted by Joe (here)
    I would like to know your opinion regarding the Azures Islands location Atlantis, compared/contrasted to the eastern Caribbean location. What led you to prefer the Caribbean location and rejection of the Azures?

First of all, I'm not rejecting Azores Islands. My opinion regarding the Azores Islands as a possible location of Atlantis is very intriguing. Remember Atlantis is only a theory, which I firmly believe in, and the only reference to it is Plato's writings and Edgar Cayce's readings. In this thread I am looking at Cayce's reading on Atlantis which he believes will be found in the Caribbean. I ran across this article which may be a possible explanation of it being found in the Caribbean.

This is only my opinion...peace
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

Atlas (18th March 2017), BMJ (1st April 2017), Ewan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Joe (22nd February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd February 2017)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,171 times in 1,747 posts

Atlantis was an Empire, not an Island. It had many outposts and of course one or many big Islands. It´s like saying the Roman Empire was on Sicily, yes it was but it was also at various other places.
    Last edited by uzn; 22nd February 2017 at 23:01.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Atlas (18th March 2017), BMJ (1st April 2017), Ewan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (23rd February 2017)

25. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tobor Knot (here)
    I'll go with Star Mariners explanation of Atlantis which is in line with my thoughts. Atlantis went through various stages of development and ended up a very high tech civilisation which had developed crystals as a power source. They had also had developed genetic manipulation producing results like the minators and centaurs. They got too big for there boots. The end came as Star Mariner says when they started to drill down to the Earth’s core in the Pacific, this is substantiated by The Farsight Institute's remote viewing of Atlantis. (http://farsight.org/FarsightPress/At...rue_Story.html). The drilling nearly destroyed the planet.
    That's awesome thank you! it does back up what I feel happened.

I've been interested in Atlantis all my life. And I can remember exactly where it started. When I was young, maybe around 7 or 8, I was at my grandmother's house one afternoon, and a film came on the television called 'Warlords of Atlantis.' Not a great film, but something about it just hooked me then and there and I didn't know what it was - beyond the title. Atlantis. And this is strange, I remember thinking the name was odd, and shouldn't it be 'Atlanta'?

That bore no relation or association to the American city, but I thought the name should be something more like Atlanta not Atlantis. It sparked something inside, and ever since I've read almost everything I came into contact with regarding the subject, and have reflected on the stories for many years. This has given rise to the plausible idea in my mind that I - many of us - lived lives in Atlantis and have memories deep in our souls that trace back to those times.

And in pondering the numerous theories for its collapse I took them all on board, from asteroid collisions to world wars to biblical flooding, and I accepted all the possibilities without anything particularly registering.

And then, I think it might have been in Dolores Canon's material where I first encountered the theory of the Atlanteans trying to tap the earth's core. It was like a bingo moment, because for some reason, unlike the other theories, I could picture it in my mind as clear as day - almost as if for a second I was able to tap the Akashic record and see it happening for myself. But far more than visuals, there was a strong sense of validation that this theory was right, at long last, and with it (wow) emotion!. A lot of powerful emotion was connected to this. It is the same sort of emotion I (and I think we all) experience when faced with the follies of present day mankind in his treatment and exploitation of his environment, its fragile balance of forces and processes, both subtle and so patently manifest -- and that is dismay and great sadness at his appalling ignorance (and arrogance).

But I don't know. It's just a theory for what happened, an idea, but it is one that resonates very strongly with me personally.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Atlas (18th March 2017), BMJ (1st April 2017), Ewan (23rd February 2017), Foxie Loxie (23rd February 2017)

27. Link to Post #74
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Quote Posted by uzn (here)
    Atlantis was an Empire, not an Island. It had many outposts and of course one or many big Islands. It´s like saying the Roman Empire was on Sicily, yes it was but it was also at various other places.
    My thought too! I think Atlantis was established worldwide. Pyramids in South America, Africa, China, this is no coincidence, there must be something to it...

Found! Machined stone(s) from actual "Atlantis"
    Last edited by Atlas; 18th March 2017 at 00:25.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

BMJ (1st April 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th March 2017), guayabal (2nd April 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (31st March 2017)

29. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I could not believe this, but I found another reference to back up the theory that the Atlanteans bored into the earth's crust - with the power of their collective minds (psychic energy in effect), but amplified with huge crystals. The violence of that event caused the earthquakes and volcanic action that ended up destroying the continent. Further corroboration of this idea/theory/soul memory is here sustained – by Edgar Cayce.

I'd read bits of Cayce before, but mostly his predications of the future. Never this. I hadn't looked much at his mentions of Atlantis. I often found it a bit tricky to access and unravel his 'readings', and his at times abstract wording and turns of phrase. But in the extensive archives the following obscure extracts, independent of any other I had seen, lend some awesome validation:

"in Atlantean land at the time of the withdrawing from the Law of One – establishment of the Sons of Belial – was a priestess in temple built in opposition to the Sons of the Law of One – during the time when there was the creating of the high influence of the radial activity from rays of the sun that were turned on crystals in the pits that made connections with internal influences in the earth."(263-4; March 6, 1935)

and
    "in Atlantean land during those periods when there were the destruction and separations of the land during the period of the first destruction – among those who aided in the preparation of the explosives or those things that set in motion the fires of the inner portions of the earth that were turned into destructive forces." (621-1; July 21, 1934)

"The use of these devices by the Sons of Belial brought, then, the first of the upheavals; or the turning of the rays of the sun – as used by the Sons of the Law of One – into the crystal for the activities of same – produced what we would call a volcanic upheaval, and the separating of the land into several islands – five in number." (877-26; May 23, 1938)

Although Cayce doesn't specifically mention 'psychic power' per se, but rays of the sun, it doesn't severely impact the theory I don't think. It's down to his clairvoyant 'interpretation' anyway. No one can know the precise truth of what exactly happened, but it does feel as though this is in considerable support of the notion of self-annihilation due to the misuse of power, and the greed for, and pursuit of, greater power, as well a perversion of natural law, and wanton disregard for the environment and earth as a sovereign entity.

This is what I believe happened. I also believe many 'players' both good and bad from these ancient times are incarnate today, and playing out the same human dramas (and karmic effects). But anyway it appears, as I have long suspected, that the destruction of Atlantis was not a single, isolated event that took place about 12,000 years ago. But a series of destructions, of cataclysms and recoveries, of falls and rises, over many millennia. As a result, this doesn't at all rule out the possibility that natural disaster, climate change, or war, was responsible for other, subsequent destruction events. However I'm of the opinion, gathered from a good number of sources now, that the one I was originally talking about was the big one, the so-called 'first destruction', which may have taken place up to 70,000 years ago. If so, there may be actual physical geologic evidence for that. The Toba event , which almost wiped out the human race, is dated to approximately this time. I don't find it hard to imagine that this first Atlantean destruction, on the massive level I envision it, probably triggered upheavals across the entire planet.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (1st April 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017), meat suit (31st March 2017), Skywizard (31st March 2017)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

I wrote this in another thread on recent archeological studies on the Canadian west coast:

"In the book 'A Dweller on Two Planets', a channelled story written in the 1880's, the soul named Phylon states that his second last incarnation on Earth, in Atlantis, was in the range of 12-10,000 BCE. In this book he claims that Atlantis had farms of bison and other animals in north america, with communities in the Salt Lake area, where there was a large fresh water lake. Although much of north and north-eastern parts of the continent were under glacier, there were still large portions of pristine territory."

According to Phylon's account, the Atlantis he lived in had a history of three or four thousand years back, which would be around 15-20,000 bce. The Farsight institute places the earth core disaster at @60,000bce, which corresponds to archeological evidence of a major catastrophe.

So, the question is where does Lemuria fit in to all this, and Hyperborea?

Megalithic structures point to civilizations dating back over possibly millions of years:

http://earthbeforeflood.com/who_and_...c_complex.html

There is physical evidence of the very old civilizations, of which Atlantis was apparently not the first. I know this complicates this matter, but this is a fascinating topic.
    Last edited by Justplain; 2nd April 2017 at 01:31.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd April 2017), meat suit (2nd April 2017), section9 (13th May 2017)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

This one is in Spain, as opposed to Last month's Discovery in Africa.

Video in Link

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-b...tis-discovery/

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

avid (17th November 2018), Bill Ryan (17th November 2018), Chip (17th November 2018), cursichella1 (25th November 2018), Deux Corbeaux (17th November 2018), DNA (17th November 2018), Franny (17th November 2018), greybeard (17th November 2018), Hervé (17th November 2018), justntime2learn (17th November 2018), Lefty Dave (17th November 2018), Magnus (25th November 2018), starlight (17th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (18th November 2018)

35. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Numerous megalithic structures and artifacts point to a very ancient, advanced, global civilization. Evidence supports that this civilization was lost in a great cataclysm. This civilization is part of our intriguing human heritage. Here is a brief summary.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

avid (17th November 2018), cursichella1 (25th November 2018), DNA (17th November 2018), Franny (17th November 2018), greybeard (17th November 2018), justntime2learn (17th November 2018), LifeAngel (18th November 2018), Ricker (21st November 2018), scotslad (18th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (18th November 2018)

37. Link to Post #79
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 456 posts

Quote Posted by CurEus (here)
    This one is in Spain, as opposed to Last month's Discovery in Africa.

Video in Link

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-b...tis-discovery/
    End quote from the article:
    “Pick a spot on the map, and someone has said that Atlantis was there," Charles Orser, curator of history at the New York State Museum in Albany told National Geographic.”. 😉

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

cursichella1 (25th November 2018), Franny (17th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (18th November 2018)

39. Link to Post #80
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

There was massive changes to Earth at several points in time,-islands vanished under the sea.
    The bottom line is that I suspect its true that there was an advanced (lost) civilization of humans and their influence can be seen all over the world--there may well have been an island called Atlantis--with a name like that you would suspect some where in the Atlantic--who knows!!!!.
    Interesting though.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th November 2018), Kryztian (17th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (18th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast