+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What To Do About Severe Eczema???

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What To Do About Severe Eczema???

My 87 year old mother has a bad case of eczema on the back of her neck and shoulders. I noticed yesterday that it is getting worse. The medicines the nursing home is using are apparently not helping and my mother keeps scratching at it making it worse. Is there something natural, that I can apply to her skin to prompt it to heal? coconut oil, oil of oregano....anything like that?

Thank-you in advance!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

Agape (25th June 2014), mahalall (29th July 2014), skamandar (12th July 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Default Re: What To Do About Severe Eczema???

Hello Lone Bean:
    This may help. Watch the documentary. It will give you the knowledge you need.

When you go to the link just click on watch episode. Enjoy

Link: http://watchfullepisode.com/super-ju...mentary-nogrp/

chancy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Lone Bean (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Try some pure palm oil. (Its great if you can get it free trade and sustainable) In my experience, palm oil wipes out most skin eruptions (also lifts and tightens and removes fine lines) Sorry that I sound like an ad for some MSM face cream commercial.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Lone Bean (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Type into google search - cure eczema. then go back to about page 5 of all the websites that come up to start reading and look for all the Natural Cures.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Lifebringer (24th June 2014), Lone Bean (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

I find almond oil helps my Eczema!
    Best wishes to your mother btw
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Lone Bean (25th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Baking soda in case it has a yeast in it. Cleanse it with a antibacterial soap, removing as many of the scabs that hold bacteria in them when irritated. Rinse well to remove decay/scabs. Cleanse her nails in case of fungus, and clip them if you must. Try Aveno-oatmeal soap to curb the itchy feeling that causes her to scratch and try some A&D OINTMENT w/codeine to completely numb the area, and take her mind off it. Cry the exzema up with corn starch and keep the head and torso area clean w/frequent changing and non-fragrant detergent/skin sensitive kind, so no irritation from lying down. Also a rash that can surround itself in multiplying bacteria or infection, can turn to something serious, in a hospice area. have her tested for MRSR staff infection. If she doesn't have that, then thank the Creator and God for small miracles. They can kill you if the patient is immune system compromised/antibiotic resistant. I've worked in the 'after care facilities, and am trained in microbiology, serology, and all these possibilities among hospice germs that are spread daily, are nothing to play w/at old age. Removing all soaps and decay or seepage on sheets, is also.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th October 2014), Craig (25th June 2014), kirolak (25th June 2014), Lone Bean (25th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), selinam (24th June 2014), Violet (11th July 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Yeah, and the ones that have the most good commentary from actual people, then you could try that, but also try the health food circuit for rashes or either, my favorite, "Back To Eden" herbal remedies and cures by Jethro Kloss. Rockerfeller had him thrown out of the country because most of the herbs are right in our own back yards. But his family and all the people witnessed it, and it was during Cayce days, so perhaps when he needed a reading on a disease of the body, Cayce may have helped. The guy was way ahead of his time.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

angelfire (24th June 2014), Lone Bean (25th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member markenty13's Avatar
    Thanks

Pure Aloe Vera Gel will definatley help - Quite cheap as well on amazon -http://www.amazon.com/Aubrey-Organic...+aloe+vera+gel

Aloe Vera has been credited with a long list of incredible healing benefits. It wouldn’t therefore be a surprise that the healing properties of pure aloe vera gel also have a positive effect on combating the symptoms of eczema, but not just a soothing, relieving and protecting ointment but also as an internal cleanser, building up the immune system so it can work more optimally preventing the outbreak of eczema.

Treating eczema with aloe vera juice and aloe vera gel is simple but its effectiveness depends greatly upon your committment and the quality of the product. Purchasing a product from a seller who can guarantee a high-quality product is extremely important for your healing success. For that reason the manufacturing process plays an important part as many of the nutrients could get lost during harvesting. So always purchase your aloe vera juice and gel from a reputable grower.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to markenty13 For This Post:

Lone Bean (25th June 2014), mahalall (29th July 2014), seko (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

18. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member angelfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 241 posts

I would also try cutting wheat out of her diet as this is often the root cause of eczema. I wish her a speedy recovery.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Lone Bean (25th June 2014), Nina (29th July 2014), seko (25th June 2014), Star Tsar (25th June 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (24th June 2014), Violet (11th July 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,060 times in 909 posts

colloidal silver applied liberally to affected areas twice a day does it for me... in fact I just killed my latest outbreak within 3 applications

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

fourty-two (24th June 2014), Karezza (2nd August 2014), Lone Bean (25th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (24th June 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014), Wind (24th June 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

Baking soda was the answer for me, too - a teaspoonful in about a quart of warm water, splash it on liberally & rub a natural oil into it while it is still damp. Also, drinking a half teaspoon of Baking Soda in warm water stops the itch within minutes.

I also take a daily capsule of Nicotinamide (NOT the niacin form of Vitamin B3) the combination has ensured I have had no attacks for the last 3 years. It's also said to help with symptoms of ageing, & brain health.

I have never been able to eat wheat, & agree with other's posts advising her to cut it out. Brown rice is a great staple in its place.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Agape (25th June 2014), Karezza (2nd August 2014), Lone Bean (25th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), Violet (11th July 2014), WhiteFeather (25th June 2014), Wind (25th June 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Thumbs up Oils Definitely Worked For Me

Here are some Oils i have personally used and have in combination worked well for me.

Lavender Oil
    Ti Tree Oil or Aka as Tee Tree Oil
    Tamanu Oil

All are great oils used as an antiseptic. It personally had ridded me of my Groin Rash after Pharma creams failed to work for me.

Essential oils for eczema:
    I have read a lot of stories about how the combination of melaleuca, lavender, geranium and frankincense (or some combination of these four oils) have helped individuals with eczema. I've also heard that cedarwood works great for eczema.

Wade's story: Here From this Website http://www.miracleoils.ca/2013/04/es...or-eczema.html

Wade shares two powerful photos here of his toddler with eczema covering her back, and then the clear skin on her daughter's back six days later after using:
    3 drops of Lavender and 2-3 drops of Melaleuca in tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil.
    What a powerful (and yet gentle) combination of oils.
    lavender is calming to the skin
    melaleuca has antibiotic properties
    The eczema never returned, and before using the essential oils, his daughter had the eczema on and off for months.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7453640&type=1
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Lone Bean (25th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), skamandar (12th July 2014), Violet (11th July 2014), Wind (25th June 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Alkaline diet.

27. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Hi Lone Bean . . . . . with your grandmother being 87 and in a nursing home, one question I would ask first is how open is the staff at the nursing home willing to apply the natural products or help her with the eczema?

Eczema is first all an outward response to an inside problem, usually a lack of essential fatty acids and minerals essential to proper skin health.

Is she cognizant enough to take the natural products on her own or can you be there every day to help her if the staff won’t work with you?

My heart goes out to you . . . just this past winter I had to admit my mother (86) to a nursing home so I know how difficult and heartbreaking this situation is. She has Alzheimer’s and she has declined rapidly over the past two years. Luckily the nursing home is only a short distance from me and because this is such a small community the staff knows my Mom personally and she is loved and they also are willing to work with me on certain protocols of her care.

28. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Eczema has been linked to low bile salt from the gall bladder. Age is a factor in this as is poor digestive function. I would use a digestive enzyme with ox bile extracts/salts, Schiff SuperEnzymall is one brand... NOW carries one as well... 2 with each meal. If it helps but doesn't clear it completely I would use 2 capsules of straight bile salts with meals.

Cheryl
    www.NaturalHealingNow.biz

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natural Healing For This Post:

Lone Bean (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (26th June 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

I give a truly sincere thank-you to everyone's very helpful responses to this thread. My mother has had eczema on and off for the last 20 years or so. It had cleared up and was gone for about 4 years until very recently. Where the eczema is on her skin looks like brown alligator skin....and lots of it. She's in a nursing home and I can't be there everyday to apply any ointments, I will speak with the nursing staff to see if they would be willing to apply them for me when I'm not there. There's not much I can do about her food, she's on a soft diet and they have to feed her. I can try to speak with them about that too but I don't hold out much hope they will be willing to change it, but it's worth a try.

I love all the ideas you guys have given me! I will definitely be trying them, plus I need to start Reiki-ing her again to see if that helps. I've been a level 2 Reiki healer for about 15 or so years, and to this day I still don't know if there's really something to it or not. The two times I did a full-on long distance Reiki session with all the symbols and everything both people died the next day!!! I guess it's worth a try though. I have colloidal silver that I make myself and most of the other things you all mentioned so I will get hot and prepare them for her. I sure hope this stuff works, I feel so sorry for her. She's even tries to scratch when she's asleep so I know it's bothering her very badly. My poor mom! She has had so many health problems over the years and all of them very serious or very annoying. Thanks again!!!!!

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

Agape (25th June 2014), blufire (25th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), Star Tsar (25th June 2014), Violet (11th July 2014), WhiteFeather (26th June 2014), Wind (25th June 2014)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,369 times in 4,614 posts

The problem with any eczema is that the causes and form are specific to each person so there's hardly any generalised treatment for eczemas .
    What works with one person may cause severe allergy to another , even the 'harmless coconut oil' not to speak of oregano .

It's hard to advise so to say even though I'd agree with much of what was said above , and adjusting mums diet ( if possible at all ) is probably the clue to the rest .

As 'last rescue' and if it's itching a lot , you can get this Fenistil gel from pharmacy , it's very cooling and soothing , works even for severe burns , sunburns, allergic reactions, skin rashes : http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/Feni...en-Maleat.html

I'd recommend Calendula ointment otherwise , for prolonged treatment , it's helpful especially for the dry skin of the elderly .

Something like this : https://www.boironusa.com/products/calendula-ointment/

Or like this : http://7cream.ca/7-cream/

The one with manuka honey would be better . Not oil, oils can be irritating if skin is cracked and broken , also no cosmetic type products ( even if they are 'natural ) .

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Nina (29th July 2014), seko (25th June 2014), WhiteFeather (26th June 2014), Wind (25th June 2014)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

I rebooted my immune system with Vitamin C. (The last bout I had, I had swollen lymph glands and realised that my immune system was finally in attack mode. At first it was terrifying to find this huge swelling, but then I realised that it was a sign that my immune system was in overdrive and doing what it is supposed to do. I did not have to take Vitamin C at all that time, and my immune system got rid of the symptoms overnight .. just as it should! And I have never had another attack!)

The Vitamin C flush always eradicated the symptoms very quickly (within 24 hours a major rash would disappear completely). I had to do the Vitamin flush a few times before my immune system woke up (the last attack I had) and the symptoms disappeared. I did at least four Vitamin C flushes in response to unbearable breakouts (I was a hard case!) but it was worth it.

Here's one website that describes the prodedure: http://www.endfatigue.com/tools-supp...n-c-flush.html

A Epsom Salt bath for 15 minutes also helps. (Rinse thoroughly afterwards). There are also herbs and essential oils that you can use in a bath, but they ease the symptoms and do not fix the fundamental fault.

So, personally, I found that creams made very little difference. They are usually so diluted that unless you apply them continuously for hours, they don't really have an effect, other than minimal.

Personally, I prefer using the Vitamin C flush because it reboots your immune system (eventually).

I am hypersensitive to nickel, but have never been able to isolate any other cause for the outbreaks.(Now I just remove the offensive jewellery and the rash disappears very quickly.) Basically I concluded that my immune system was not functioning properly and that the Vitamin C flushes restored it to normal working order.

The one huge drawback of Vitamin C flush is the explosive diarrhoea, so you need to be able to get to a toilet quickly, and you need to carefully monitor and manage the intake of Vitamin C (plus find the right form of Vitamin C).

It does no harm as long as you follow the protocol properly (otherwise you end up with scurvy) and it might be worth trying if it is practically possible for you.
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Karezza (2nd August 2014), Lone Bean (26th June 2014), seko (25th June 2014), Ulyse30 (27th June 2014), WhiteFeather (26th June 2014), Wind (25th June 2014)

36. Link to Post #20
    UK Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

A good quality organic virgin coconut oil works for me and a family member who now has no skin issues since using it.
    As Agape mentioned though it's not for everyone but works great for me both on the skin and consumed daily too.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerge For This Post:

Lone Bean (26th June 2014), WhiteFeather (26th June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast