+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how to raise your consciousness

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member vth0601's Avatar
    Thanks

Default how to raise your consciousness

hi, im new to the community and I like how supportive everyone is in the forums. I have been researching spirituality and the "solution" for a number years and I realized I was making the mistake of learning and not knowing. Reading and not putting any of it into action. I found that as soon as I made the decision to take action a lot of what i learned went out the window. I also realize that everyone has a different path but there are usually some commonalities. Ask me how to become a weightlifter and I'll tell you to eat better, practice good form, and be persistent but not over-aggressive. I have searched for a while all over the internet but I do not see many personal stories on what a person actually did to go from being an average person to something greater. Most of what I see are guidelines from spiritual people that are re-worded and watered down to individual blog sites.

I suppose what im looking for are any individuals who don't mind sharing there experiences from the very beginning of their journey on how they did it.

Right now I meditate, only drink water, and im focusing on being more positive. I've also cut out t.v. and movies because my mind told me I was watching to much violence.

Any reply is appreciated.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to vth0601 For This Post:

Billy (2nd July 2014), ceetee9 (3rd July 2014), cursichella1 (1st July 2014), Ecnal61 (30th June 2014), Fellow Aspirant (1st July 2014), gardener2 (30th June 2014), Hazel (1st July 2014), Joanne Shepard (2nd July 2014), Lifebringer (30th June 2014), Matt P (30th June 2014), Rich (30th June 2014), Shezbeth (30th June 2014), Skyhaven (23rd July 2014), unearth9 (30th June 2014), Wind (2nd July 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

Default Re: how to raise your consciousness

Well if you haven't seen this doc, its a good place to "start". I've been searching for years also and to me, understanding our true connection to the planet is a large piece of the puzzle.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jgwF0tpioTU

"Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Chip (1st July 2014), cursichella1 (1st July 2014), Ecnal61 (30th June 2014), Hazel (1st July 2014), Joanne Shepard (2nd July 2014), Matt P (30th June 2014), Pam (1st July 2014), Wind (2nd July 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

thx tyy1907, i have just enough time to watch it now.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

thanks for posting this film Tyy1907,i thought it was great,really uplifting,im off out to my back garden...barefoot of course.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ecnal61 For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (2nd July 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by vth0601 (here)
    hi, im new to the community and I like how supportive everyone is in the forums. I have been researching spirituality and the "solution" for a number years and I realized I was making the mistake of learning and not knowing. Reading and not putting any of it into action. I found that as soon as I made the decision to take action a lot of what i learned went out the window. I also realize that everyone has a different path but there are usually some commonalities. Ask me how to become a weightlifter and I'll tell you to eat better, practice good form, and be persistent but not over-aggressive. I have searched for a while all over the internet but I do not see many personal stories on what a person actually did to go from being an average person to something greater. Most of what I see are guidelines from spiritual people that are re-worded and watered down to individual blog sites.

I suppose what im looking for are any individuals who don't mind sharing there experiences from the very beginning of their journey on how they did it.

Right now I meditate, only drink water, and im focusing on being more positive. I've also cut out t.v. and movies because my mind told me I was watching to much violence.

Any reply is appreciated.
    Welcome to Avalon.

It seems to me like you already are doing what most people do in the beginning of their waking up to spirit and their own consciousness. As you I began with meditation but I also considered ideas such as forgiveness that A course in miracles teach. I did some reading of some spiritual inclined books, did some reiki and other healing methods. After a couple of years doing meditation I got through inspiration the idea of the beginning of the method I use today to increase my vibration. I call this method processing and it is simple in its design really. It requires however a bit of focus (that you can gain through meditation and such ideas) but not that much of it.
    I imagine you wish to know of my method? Yes? No? Ah well I will just share it...read it if yah like.
    Basically when I wish to process some energies which can express themselves as thoughts, feelings or just impressions of different kinds, I allow the energy of what I'm experiencing rest in my mind and surrender it to a greater consciousness, God or whatever symbol you wish to use for a higher level of consciousness. At the beginning I did this process in 3 steps;
    1. Acknowledge that the energy/experience/feeling/thought is here.
    2. Allow yourself to realize you wish to surrender this and let go of it.
    3. Allow higher consciousness to take care of whatever it is you wish gone. Surrender.

This is one way of doing it. Nowdays I also use a different way of increasing my vibrations and I will share that as well.

1. Invite in a higher consciousness into your space of being and into your awareness.
    2. Allow the energy to be real for you and look through this new higher filter on all of your life. You can also imagine yourself being a you that is of a higher vibration and then "draw down" the energy of that experience into your reality. Also if there is anything that comes up (resistance, fear w/e) allow it space and let it be while continuing to allow the new higher energy to be with you.
    3. Be this new higher vibration unconditionally. Look at your life through these new eyes and appreciate the process that have taken place.

Of the two methods I would say the first one is more basic. The second one requires a higher degree of ability to focus and integrity. It was the first one I began with so I will suggest if you try this out; start with the first method. From personal experience spanning a couple of years I can say with 100% certainty that this do indeed work if done properly. Please feel free to ask questions should you have any.

Much love and joy to yah.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jounai For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (1st July 2014), Peace&Love (24th September 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

A couple things that really helped me...one, to realize there is no single and right way to cross the river. There are many acceptable ways to cross. You can cross it in a yacht or a canoe, fly over it or swim it doggie paddle. That's the beauty of it. At least, this is the perspective that helped me be at peace with my choices. Two, I choose the reality I want. I designed (wrote down) my perfect day and, sonofagun, it materialized. I don't crave vacations or days off because I feel like every day (well, aside from a few bumps here and there) is a perfect day and my choice. The universe really does give you what you choose. I don't at all feel enlightened. In fact, the more I learn and experience the more I realize how little I know and have experienced (especially when I come here!), but what I am is happy and motivated to keep learning and experiencing. I have many, many flaws (some here have seen a few!) but I accept them as I am just a fool crossing a river in my own unique way and hope to keep getting better. I don't try to be perfect and I do my best to laugh at my foolishness. I hope this means I'm raising my consciousness! If not, I guess I'm just SOL!

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Cara (1st July 2014), ceetee9 (3rd July 2014), Hazel (1st July 2014), PathWalker (2nd July 2014), vth0601 (1st July 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Firstly, I will say welcome!! But then with a year and half under yer belt, I would rather say not new, but just rather quiet. ccc. (chuckle chuckle chuckle)
    Also from your question, I would surmise that you haven't found my thread. cc.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...e-Soul-and-OBE
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Hazel (1st July 2014), vth0601 (1st July 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

jounai

thx for the methods, the first one felt good when I read it so I think I'll start doing it at the end of my meditations. Also I have wanted to try reiki and/or some form of energy healing but I live in a smaller town and its not offered anywhere. but its all right.

mpennery
    your're right. For a while I was so results oriented that I was causing way more stress and fear than peace and happiness. It took a while realize that my I am ok "now." Also I find it uplifting to hear about you creating your day. I havent tried that since back when I saw the secret. Do you just wake up and then right down your ideal day?

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Do you just wake up and then right down your ideal day?
    No, not a daily thing. I thought about all the things I enjoyed doing and decided to fill each day with as many of those things as much as possible. It was all about choice but I'm going to finish my answer by PM...

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

there are many people here that can and will help , if you have questions , this is THE place for learning ... Avalon has a broad spectrum of special people with particular skill sets that honestly want what's best for the human race ... they helped bring me out of darkness into the light ... you and I are lucky to be part of something bigger than ourselves ... everyday I live I feel reborn ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

ceetee9 (3rd July 2014), Tyy1907 (1st July 2014), vth0601 (1st July 2014)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

I just reread the OP and I have to add that nobody has a monopoly on the truth. Yes there are many truthseekers on this forum but no one member "has it together" any more than another. We're ALL fractiles of Source, experiencing and learning in accordance with our own "individual" journey up to now. K I feel better now. Lol
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

ceetee9 (3rd July 2014), Joanne Shepard (2nd July 2014), Pam (1st July 2014), Shezbeth (1st July 2014), vth0601 (2nd July 2014)

20. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Quite the doozy of a topic! <cracks knuckles>

For me it began with reading; lots and lots of reading. Books, articles, newsletters, etc. of all kinds of topics; martial arts, philosophy, spirituality, 'sacred' religious texts, economics, health and nutrition, rare substance intake, and of course the kitchen sink (humor ^_~).

The most salient ideas (and I'm paraphrasing here):

"If it works, use it; if not, throw it away" - Bruce Lee
    "The world you perceive is a steaming pile of bulls hit; yes you, the one reading this" - Carlos Castaneda
    "If dreams weren't real, you wouldn't remember them" - Unknown
    "Always question things with respect (the last is optional)" - Einstein
    "It is all in your head, but that includes the entire universe" - Psylocybin
    "Just because its all in your head doesn't mean it isn't real" - Dumbledore
    "Only you can decide your experience, no matter what anyone tells you" - LSD
    "Life is more fun if you're actually intending to have fun" - MDMA
    "As Above, So Below" - Alchemy
    "The truth is simple, its the lies that are complicated" - Lucifer
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" - Assassins Creed

That should do for a most cursory summary. ^_^
    Last edited by Shezbeth; 1st July 2014 at 09:03.

21. Link to Post #13
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

learn to feel subtle energy. everything will follow because you'll become immediately aware of what is good/beneficial for you and what isn't - thoughts, food, habits, and so on. at the next stage you'll learn to influence things and change that which is harmful into something that is useful. you'll be guided once you're on the way. all things will fall into place when the time is right and you're ready.
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

Pam (1st July 2014), vth0601 (1st July 2014)

23. Link to Post #14
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

hello tyy 1907 I cant tell you how grateful I am that you posted this film, I wonder if you could tell me where I can get this grounding pad ? and how to use it. thank you again. gardener x

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    learn to feel subtle energy. everything will follow because you'll become immediately aware of what is good/beneficial for you and what isn't
    this is big for me right now. after reading all day and then relaxing I came to the same conclusion. I plan on learning what energy feels like and clearing emotional baggage from the past. These are the only two things Im gonna focus on for a while. I must admit that it is hard though, after reading sirdipswitch's post on obes i was tempted to give it a try...but I believe that I need a foundation so Im gonna stick with this. Also the video on earthing was amazing. After doing it twice for about 10 min each I've noticed that I kinda don't want cigarettes anymore. nice. thx to all who are posting, im rebuilding my life from scratch but where it seemed like a huge task 72 hours ago now it seems kinda exciting. stay tuned for updates

25. Link to Post #16
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

First of all, ask that you succeed in raising your consciousness. Know that if you ask in good faith. you are guaranteed success. Then ask for help. You have done that on the physical plane here in PA with very good results. Now ask your spiritual resources for help. By that, I mean ask your higher self. Ask your angels for help. It is very difficult to hear that still, small voice inside your head. Two things to help there: meditate and ask that the voice be louder. Every step along the way, if there is a problem ask for help and guidance - then listen for the answer.

"Ask and you shall receive."

26. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

As you're finding, vth0601, you came to the right place, for an absolute plethora of excellent advice, by all who reside here. chuckle chuckle.

On giving my thread, I was offering that "foundation" into OBE that you mentioned. In reading the 2 books of William Buhlman, that I advocate, you will find all that you need for such. Including his absolutely simple methodology for attaining Astral Projection, and an "audiance" with your High Self. However, you will also find as I and all others have found, that while being so very simple, is far from easy. And on my thread, both my experience, (some of it anyway) and that of "many" others on this forum. Upon the reading of, "Adventures Beyond The Body", and "The Secret Of The Soul", plus my thread, you will have far beyond that "Foundation" into OBE, that you seek.

ENJOY!!! YOUR Journey!!! ccc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

27. The Following User Says Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (3rd July 2014)

28. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    learn to feel subtle energy. everything will follow because you'll become immediately aware of what is good/beneficial for you and what isn't
    this is big for me right now. after reading all day and then relaxing I came to the same conclusion. I plan on learning what energy feels like and clearing emotional baggage from the past. These are the only two things Im gonna focus on for a while. I must admit that it is hard though, after reading sirdipswitch's post on obes i was tempted to give it a try...but I believe that I need a foundation so Im gonna stick with this. Also the video on earthing was amazing. After doing it twice for about 10 min each I've noticed that I kinda don't want cigarettes anymore. nice. thx to all who are posting, im rebuilding my life from scratch but where it seemed like a huge task 72 hours ago now it seems kinda exciting. stay tuned for updates
    This is a wise approach, the part with building a foundation. I would not recommend doing the more advanced things like OBE before you feel you are a stable state of mind which can handle these experiences without getting pushed out of balance. Let your emotions and thoughts guide you to what you are all about. I would like to know if you tried the process I described earlier, and if you had any success or experience of something happening. If you don't mind of course.

Many blessing to yah all all that happens to read this. Here you have tasty energy cookie, enjoy!

29. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote I would like to know if you tried the process I described earlier, and if you had any success or experience of something happening.
    the answer is kinda i mixed your technique with another that I found where you "inject" love into past experiences. I'm not living in the past as much so thats good.

Quote By that, I mean ask your higher self. Ask your angels for help.
    I am very interested in help from my higher self, guardian angels, moses, etc. but I never get a response. I decided to wait before I proceeded down this path because I assumed that my vibration needed to be higher. Any thoughts on this anyone?

30. Link to Post #20
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Yes, vth0601. I could not hear the response until I had some good experience in meditation. Fortunately for me, I knew how to dowse (with a pendulum) for the same answers that I could not yet hear. Meditation is an easy way to learn how to raise one's vibration level. There are hundreds of good web sites on learning meditation. You can also ask here for advice. There must be some thousands of members here that meditate. Similarly true (perhaps with smaller numbers) for dowsing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast