+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do we have any Vegans in the house?

1. Link to Post #21
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Do we have any Vegans in the house?

I can tell you some wonderfull comfort food. boil some pasta, when it is almost done then add some broccoli, then when that has cooked add some peas to the still warm mix.then drain and put in a bowl add a cup of bisto gravy....stick in fridge then when you want to serve it, microwave and add salt and pepper and soy sauce ( soy sauce is a natural glutamate, i.e flavour enhancer
    .also a lot of the "linda mccartney range" are vegan e.g sausages, pies, sausage rolls.good for a quick fix.as are stuff like spring rolls and some samosas and bahjis

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aheb For This Post:

Omni (16th July 2014), ThresholdRising (7th July 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm 99% vegetarian myself. Just recently got a slow cooker I have to put in use. I mainly eat stir fry veg with noodles, quite a few veg pizzas and drink 5 a day smoothies and wheatgrass juice(excellent vegan protein source).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThresholdRising For This Post:

Omni (16th July 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Germany Avalon Member The Truth Is In There's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 726 posts

just a tip once you've become a vegan - if at some point you notice your health deteriorating it probably means you're not ready to eat only plant food yet.

i tried vegetarianism and veganism myself and it didn't work at the time. i even thought veganism is madness because it's so unhealthy. it depends, though.

what you need to know is that our bodies don't need certain vitamins or other physical compounds but their vibration. my current assumption is that once coherence is established in all the bodies (physical, etc.) and the chakras are working properly, it will not only be possible but is recommended to eat only plant food (or no food at all, in a later stage). the physical body will then receive all the energy it needs via the chakras. in most people they're pretty clogged, though, and their bodies are too chaotic so the physical body has to be supplied with all the energy it needs from physical food, which includes the vitamins etc. in their physical form - that is, from animal sources in certain cases.

so if at some point you notice that you're not ready yet, it's better to give the body what i craves before it begins to break down. b12 is stored in the liver and can last several years but if it's not replenished that will lead to problems. incidentally, some vegans in forums mentioned that at some point they developed an intense craving for raw liver!
    Among the blind the one-eyed is a madman.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

Mac (14th July 2014), Marc Barrie (14th July 2014), Omni (16th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

When i was vegetarian i craved liver and onion dishes after a few months,so you may be onto something T t i in t. I never succumbed and what negated it was a bit of fish now and again, which i feel uneasy about when i do have it.Eating out can be a pain as very few round here have a decent veg menu so i hardly go to restaurants anymore,which is something we used to do at least once a week.That said there is something soul satisfying about shopping for good organic veg and cooking it.My sister and daughter are both vegans and have more energy and vigour than most of their peers.What i found is, a veggie diet definitely de-stresses/ chills you out,plus you feel cleaner for the want of a better word.Good luck to the OP happy eating.8)
    Last edited by Mac; 14th July 2014 at 01:25.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac For This Post:

Omni (16th July 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 times in 787 posts

I personally don't chance it as far as B12 is concerned and I recommend people get nutrient testing done (I like Spectracell's intracellular nutrient test) and not leave anything up to chance as far as obtaining optimal nutrient levels (I swear by vegetable juicing). Some vegans take on an orange skin color when B12 gets low (been there before years ago). Having never craved meat etc; I just take methyl B12. I grew up veg too but my mom had me taking a multi. You have to be really careful when choosing multi's IMO as many are contaminated with heavy metals and some studies show multi's may not be a healthy item to consume.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Omni (16th July 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Marc Barrie's Avatar
    Thanks

here's a good resource with nutrition tips and great recipes -->

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegetar...-for-athletes/

good article on vegetarian protein from there: http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegetarian-protein-primer/

green smoothies are a great way to get a lot of your daily requirements -->

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Smoothie.../dp/B003K15IEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqHRxr4a2-o
    ‎Beware of misattributed quotes on the Internet ~ Abraham Lincoln
    "Пыщ - Пыщ ололо - Я водитель НЛО" ~ I. Reshetnikov

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marc Barrie For This Post:

Omni (16th July 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

during my vegan experiment phase i took a number of supplements incl. b12 shots. i'll not do any of this again because it messes with the body. it's like putting chemicals in the ground to make things grow faster and bigger, only they taste like crap. the body will tell you in his own way when something is missing in the diet through cravings. these must not be ignored or fought. they show that a person is not yet at the point where veganism (or breatharianism, as the next step) is the right diet. ignoring them will definitely lead to reduced health, not improved health as it should be.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Truth Is In There For This Post:

Omni (16th July 2014), Pris (16th July 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Honestly, as a vegan, I don't feel it is necessary to bother myself with recipes. Nothing makes me more content than to harvest a potato, boil it, and eat it as it is. Or plucking a tomato fresh off the plant and eating it whole, without spices. I feel that spices and complex concoctions of food stuffs take away the integrity of the plants that we eat. Fruits and vegetables are bursting with flavor as they are, and I like to be mindful the way I eat all of my food. Also, when I do cook my food to prepare a special dish, I hardly ever follow recipes. Following recipes is boring, and I prefer to experiment and follow my own inner guidance. I'm not much of a follower...
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Pris (16th July 2014)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,207 times in 2,396 posts

I do everything like a vegan, except I eat eggs.

Since I don't eat 'properly' per se (lol), there are a few things I eat almost daily to keep my health up. Like you, I make sure I have the nutritional yeast and sprinkle it on my dinner. I also have ground flax seed and tear up raw seaweed. And, I use molasses, extra-virgin olive oil and coconut oil.

Most recently, I 'discovered' Agar-Agar, a gelatin made from seaweed. Apparently, it's a great replacement for animal gelatin and has all (if not more) of the benefits. It's amazing all the fun and yummy stuff you can make with it.

And, you might want to soak your seeds and nuts before you eat them. Ever tried sprouting your own seeds? If not, try sprouting whole lentils -- they're easy and they never fail!
    Last edited by Pris; 16th July 2014 at 04:30.
    "I think, Sebastian, therefore I am."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Omni (16th July 2014)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    during my vegan experiment phase i took a number of supplements incl. b12 shots. i'll not do any of this again because it messes with the body. it's like putting chemicals in the ground to make things grow faster and bigger, only they taste like crap. the body will tell you in his own way when something is missing in the diet through cravings. these must not be ignored or fought. they show that a person is not yet at the point where veganism (or breatharianism, as the next step) is the right diet. ignoring them will definitely lead to reduced health, not improved health as it should be.
    I think 'fruitarianism' is in there somewhere.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

kirolak (21st July 2014), Omni (16th July 2014)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    yeah, that's for people who don't mind getting fatty liver disease and candida overgrowth, or those ignorant of the effects of excessive fructose consumption.

22. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

yeah, that's for people who don't mind getting fatty liver disease and candida overgrowth, or those ignorant of the effects of excessive fructose consumption.
    Now, fructose. That's an interesting subject. I don't 'believe' it when they say that naturally occurring fructose is metabolized the same way as the manufactured stuff.

And, it's good not to eat fruit with anything else (like bread). It's when it mixes with other food, then you can get into problems.

The best thing to do is to try it on your own body. Everybody is different, of course. What works for one person may not work for another. It's not so 'cut-and-dried'.

But, this is supposed to be about vegan recipes. I'm new here and I don't want to get into trouble.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Akasha (22nd July 2014), kirolak (21st July 2014)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Hi Martin, I went vegan 5 months ago...was vegetarian for a long while on and off...I recently found Dr. Robert Morse and his information and guidance regarding detoxing the lymph system and moving towards a fruitarian lifestyle has been life altering...there is a great FB page and a website and many youtube vids...
    I did some iridology to monitor changes in my body and was amazed and the changes just 3 months vegan produced in my body...really cleans you up!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/141078089311877/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...PchbXSe2o-aZdA

Morse also incorporates herbs to assist the genetic weaknesses and glandulars to support glands which are not functioning...all comes down to moving waste out of the cells!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirayah For This Post:

Akasha (22nd July 2014), kirolak (21st July 2014), Pris (17th July 2014), yuhui (18th July 2014)

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

I do everything like a vegan, except I eat eggs.
    I've decided to stop eating eggs.

I just wanted to let everyone know that today I'm going back to being a vegan.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Agape (18th July 2014), Akasha (22nd July 2014), kirolak (21st July 2014), sirayah (18th July 2014), yuhui (18th July 2014)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Now, fructose. [...] The best thing to do is to try it on your own body.
    yes, by all means! i encourage every potential fruitarian who thinks eating lots of fruits (or juicing them...the more the better! all those wonderful vitamins, nevermind the sugar...) is healthy to test it for themselves. keep a close eye on your triglyceride levels while you're at it.

29. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

yes, by all means! i encourage every potential fruitarian who thinks eating lots of fruits (or juicing them...the more the better! all those wonderful vitamins, nevermind the sugar...) is healthy to test it for themselves. keep a close eye on your triglyceride levels while you're at it.
    Do I hear a hint of sarcasm?

Fruitarianism... some people swear by it. And, it's not all just fruit.

Regardless, I know if I eat anything, I should eat more fruit.
    Last edited by Pris; 18th July 2014 at 17:37.

30. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

The definition of a fruit is simply a "ripened ovary." That being said, are you also aware that tomatoes, cucumber, olives, avocados, and squash are also, by definition, fruits? If you want to go further, beans and nuts are technically fruit as well. And guess what? They are not loaded with fructose!

So drop your unnecessary, uninformed, sarcasm...
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Akasha (22nd July 2014), Pris (18th July 2014)

32. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    The definition of a fruit is simply a "ripened ovary." That being said, are you also aware that tomatoes, cucumber, olives, avocados, and squash are also, by definition, fruits? If you want to go further, beans and nuts are technically fruit as well. And guess what? They are not loaded with fructose!

[informed sarcasm on] by your definition even human fetuses are fruits. yummy... [informed sarcasm off]

33. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)

[informed sarcasm on] by your definition even human fetuses are fruits. yummy... [informed sarcasm off]

This is not just SamwiseTheBrave's definition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovary_%28plants%29

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Akasha (22nd July 2014)

35. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 times in 787 posts

There are those who thrive on high fruit diets (Micheal Arnstein for example) and those that don't. IMO a lot depends on genetics and metabolism as well as one's level of physical activity. I tend to just eat raw fruit up until dinner and then eat something savory then- it works for me and I have very low triglyceride levels as well as insulin levels. I am active daily though (I run 4-5 miles, bike, lift weights and do yoga).

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

kirolak (21st July 2014), Pris (20th July 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast