+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Do we have any Vegans in the house?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,539 times in 1,237 posts

Default Re: Do we have any Vegans in the house?

Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    Quote Posted by The Truth Is In There (here)
    Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    Now, fructose. [...] The best thing to do is to try it on your own body.
    yes, by all means! i encourage every potential fruitarian who thinks eating lots of fruits (or juicing them...the more the better! all those wonderful vitamins, nevermind the sugar...) is healthy to test it for themselves. keep a close eye on your triglyceride levels while you're at it.
    The definition of a fruit is simply a "ripened ovary." That being said, are you also aware that tomatoes, cucumber, olives, avocados, and squash are also, by definition, fruits? If you want to go further, beans and nuts are technically fruit as well. And guess what? They are not loaded with fructose!

So drop your unnecessary, uninformed, sarcasm...
    [informed sarcasm on] by your definition even human fetuses are fruits. yummy... [informed sarcasm off]
    Really? You think you're being clever with that one?

Ripened ovaries in plants are fruit. Ripened ovaries in animals are fetuses.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Akasha (22nd July 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am not vegan, but I have experimented with different eating styles in an attempt to find which diet was the most beneficial to my long term health. Vegan was one of those style I studied. To obtain long term health and wellness, the bacteria in your GI tract must be at optimal levels. For me, the method of eating that is most beneficial is vegetarian 90% of the time and eating meat a couple times a week. Vegans and vegetarians don't consume enough B-12 and supplementing isn't sufficient form many with methylation pathway mutations. I have several mutations, 1298 and 699, that would be an issue with a vegan lifestyle. We need the extra protein from meat IMO, but not much. Certainly not what most Americans eat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Polyamine For This Post:

Elainie (21st July 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,794 times in 708 posts

6. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,461 times in 587 posts

Quote Posted by Polyamine (here)
    I am not vegan, but I have experimented with different eating styles in an attempt to find which diet was the most beneficial to my long term health. Vegan was one of those style I studied. To obtain long term health and wellness, the bacteria in your GI tract must be at optimal levels. For me, the method of eating that is most beneficial is vegetarian 90% of the time and eating meat a couple times a week. Vegans and vegetarians don't consume enough B-12 and supplementing isn't sufficient form many with methylation pathway mutations. I have several mutations, 1298 and 699, that would be an issue with a vegan lifestyle. We need the extra protein from meat IMO, but not much. Certainly not what most Americans eat.

I am homo for 1298, my twin daughters also have 677 mutation (is that what you meant), but we thrive on all plant. It is very dependent on one's native gut population as I believe I mentioned earlier in the thread. That said the B12 issue IMO is an issue and certainly calls into question what is the optimal diet for man. Many of the Blue Zones eat small amounts of animal foods (fish, raw goat dairy, one population eats eggs too). I don't do well with eggs, they are very inflammatory for my body and the only animal food I ever did *well* with was occasional fish which I don't eat because of the contamination aspect.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Other sources for B12 anyone?

http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-view/vitamin-b12.htm

Meat eaters can also have low B12 levels (parasites etc).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Akasha (22nd July 2014)

8. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ERK (here)
    I am homo for 1298, my twin daughters also have 677 mutation (is that what you meant), but we thrive on all plant. It is very dependent on one's native gut population as I believe I mentioned earlier in the thread. That said the B12 issue IMO is an issue and certainly calls into question what is the optimal diet for man. Many of the Blue Zones eat small amounts of animal foods (fish, raw goat dairy, one population eats eggs too). I don't do well with eggs, they are very inflammatory for my body and the only animal food I ever did *well* with was occasional fish which I don't eat because of the contamination aspect.

¤=[Post Update]=¤
    The 699 is the Cystathione Beta Synthase mutation and too much protein can lead to increased ammonia levels with high nitrogen intake. I'd rather have the 699 than the 677 that your daughters have.

I have parasite and that is what has caused me do dramatically reduce protein intake. You can supplement around your daughter's mutation, unless I get rid of my parasites, I'll be screwed from here on out.

9. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,461 times in 587 posts

Quote Posted by Polyamine (here)
    Quote Posted by ERK (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤
    The 699 is the Cystathione Beta Synthase mutation and too much protein can lead to increased ammonia levels with high nitrogen intake. I'd rather have the 699 than the 677 that your daughters have.

I have parasite and that is what has caused me do dramatically reduce protein intake. You can supplement around your daughter's mutation, unless I get rid of my parasites, I'll be screwed from here on out.
    I'd have to go look but I am pretty certain I have 699 .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3