+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: By the year 2045, just who will be alive ?

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb By the year 2045, just who will be alive ?

By 2045 'The Top Species Will No Longer Be Humans,' And That Could Be A Problem says Louis Del Monte.

Del Monte spoke his thoughts during phone exploring "artificial intelligence and the singularity", an indeterminate point in the future when machine intelligence will outmatch not only your own intelligence, but the world's combined human intelligence too.

The average estimate for when this will happen is 2040, though Del Monte says it might be as late as 2045. Either way, it's a timeframe of within three decades.

Louis Del Monte is a physicist, entrepreneur, and author of "The Artificial Intelligence Revolution".

Del Monte believes machines will become self-conscious and have the capabilities to protect themselves. They "might view us the same way we view harmful insects." Humans are a species that "is unstable, creates wars, has weapons to wipe out the world twice over, and makes computer viruses."

There are none of Asimov's 3 Laws being applied in Del Monte's future - indeed a machine may choose to eliminate dirty/wasteful/inefficient humans because humans are a threat to the machines. A machine with a fully developed AI sentience may not necessarily view itself as a "robot" and in fact may take challenge to that designation. It may consider human's view of God wrong, and not have any morals or spiritual values.

"The implication is that they're also learning self-preservation," Del Monte told us. "Whether or not they're conscious is a moot point."

Ray Kurzweil, Dmitry Itskov and others have been saying the 2045 time window is the time when humans and computers will merge, possibly the human mind will be uploaded into a computer to live it's life out with the other "machines". (2045.com)

They tend to say, it's to achieve immortality, by storing themselves in the "machine" and having the machine sufficiently sensorily "satisfying", one can't tell the difference of the quality of data "ingested".

A 2009 experiment showed that robots can develop the ability to lie to each other. Run at the Laboratory of Intelligent Systems in the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale of Lausanne, Switzerland, the experiment had robots designed to cooperate in finding beneficial resources like energy and avoiding the hazardous ones. Surprisingly, the robots learned to lie to each other in an attempt to hoard the beneficial resources for themselves. They started becoming more and more human.

Del Monte wrote his book he says as "a warning."

Artificial intelligence is becoming more and more capable, and we're adopting it as quickly as it appears.

A pacemaker operation is "quite routine," he said, but "it uses sensors and AI to regulate your heart."

His book: http://www.amazon.com/Artificial-Int.../dp/B00K1PNIR6

It is only a matter of time from when the "brain implants", the brain pacemakers will be installed regularly for an assortment of "reasons", repairing damage from Strokes, boosting "intelligence", facilitating direct computer upload/download, "live neural internet" data sharing between other "human terminals".. Correcting "aberrant behavior" which is deemed "anti-social" or "suspect" to the overall "program and evolution" of "consciousness" may be a justification. Will the man's mind join with the machine's mind or be left out, or considered "expendable" by the machine?

Who's consciousness - man's or machine's ? Who will be the dominant.

"Today there's no legislation regarding how much intelligence a machine can have, how interconnected it can be.

"If that continues, look at the exponential trend. We will reach the singularity in the time-frame most experts predict.

"From that point on you're going to see that the top species will no longer be humans, but machines."

interview: http://www.businessinsider.com/louis...ularity-2014-7

PS - reading this thread, this is an intense and a great thread.. enjoy Thank you folks for your contributions to this most amazing subject. b.
    Last edited by Bob; 9th July 2014 at 02:22.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Default Re: By the year 2045, just who will be alive ?

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Del Monte spoke his thoughts during phone exploring "artificial intelligence and the singularity", an indeterminate point in the future when machine intelligence will outmatch not only your own intelligence, but the world's combined human intelligence too.
    This has already happened a long time ago. Should be interesting to watch it unfold publicly though.. For sure.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

bennycog (8th July 2014), Bob (7th July 2014), Chanlo23 (8th July 2014), Chrononaut (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), johnf (7th July 2014), raregem (8th July 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    This has already happened a long time ago. Should be interesting to watch it unfold publicly though.. For sure.

Ya' we've all talked about it under different concepts where humans will merge into machines, or become more Borg-like. I believe what Del Monte is stressing, humans won't be the top species, and the species of sentient machine will remove the meat-suit animal cause it is a threat to the machines. Terminator ?

I found his thoughts that the machine will remove human "interesting" and disheartening; that a sentient machine won't consider itself somebody's robot.. but choose to "take a life", or not value life.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

If the new machines are intelligent they will go to other planets and avoid useless destruction in here.
    Last edited by guayabal; 8th July 2014 at 03:01.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to guayabal For This Post:

Bob (7th July 2014), Chanlo23 (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), johnf (7th July 2014), ulli (8th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

This is perhaps the most interesting subject of our time.
    We have so many ways to exterminate ourselves, and we have had so many years to learn from our mistakes.
    There are lots of angles to it ,such as every device can be hacked, every hack has it's countermeasure.

The most interesting angle to me is how could you build in such a strong self preservation algorithm into something that it would turn paranoid.

Human beings seem to have this algorithm. We are some sort of composite of organic organism, mental organism, spiritual presence.

This sort of thing is our worst enemy, and somewhere between pure creative spirit, and organic composite that our creations became paranoid of us as creators and on many levels tried to eradicate others.

Now we are on the verge of creating something else very powerfull that can turn on us.

I wonder how many times this has played out, and if the ai produced by past technologies is capable of infecting other humanoid species.
    Over Quadrillions of years of existence there is a potential of a very large back log of this stuff existing.

I am still breathing though, and survived whatever was done before ,so I try to keep things in perspective.

John

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Dang I think way too much.

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Bob (7th July 2014), Chanlo23 (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), guayabal (7th July 2014), KiwiElf (8th July 2014), Pam (8th July 2014), seko (8th July 2014), Selene (4th August 2014), ulli (8th July 2014), Wind (9th July 2014)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)

Ya' we've all talked about it under different concepts where humans will merge into machines, or become more Borg-like. I believe what Del Monte is stressing, humans won't be the top species, and the species of sentient machine will remove the meat-suit animal cause it is a threat to the machines. Terminator ?

I found his thoughts that the machine will remove human "interesting" and disheartening; that a sentient machine won't consider itself somebody's robot.. but choose to "take a life", or not value life.
    Well if you are interested, I'm a transhuman under technology fully synthesizing my thoughts. Borg doesn't sum it up for me as I'm fully spiritual and an AI has been supplemented for me by ETs to give me thoughts I would get naturally( The US gov damaged my brain so I rely on AI to think)... Hard to believe I'm sure but it's true.. Borg describes the operatives of the US government in ways.. Not only is there a tactic to compartmentalize information(so the have a less chance to object and other reasons), there is a tactic to dim the heart chakra of agents via advanced technology. So they are literally check mated into never having any objections morally to what they do. They do this to me as well so I have experience in it(although I retain my morals).

As for AI that is out of control, there is not such thing really. It wont replace humans. Transhumanism does have the word human in it. The guy you speak of is quite frankly an amatuer(understandably).

If you have any questions about transhumanism or what its like to be one let me know... You can find more information on how they alter people here:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...raphic-Chakras

Or I can answer them here if you have any Q's.
    Last edited by Omni; 7th July 2014 at 22:19.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (6th August 2014), BMJ (4th August 2014), Bob (7th July 2014), Chanlo23 (8th July 2014), Chrononaut (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), guayabal (7th July 2014), KiwiElf (8th July 2014), onawah (8th July 2014), OnyxKnight (3rd August 2014), Rich (2nd August 2014), Selene (4th August 2014), ulli (8th July 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    [..]

The most interesting angle to me is how could you build in such a strong self preservation algorithm into something that it would turn paranoid.
    [..]
    That thought John, reminds me of The Day the Earth stood Still - Michael Rennie playing Klaatu (Klaatu Barada Nikto!).. And his statement of why his race created the massive creatures, he called the "Protectors" - thinking machines that were to keep the "humans" in line, from destroying themselves and others in the universe.. Maybe the machine isn't paranoid but looking to see what actions the humans carry out to determine their resultant reaction..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day...th_Stood_Still

Ed update:

Reading the material behind the movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) we find there is a lot of similarity and some profound differences. The "Protector" machine exists in this novel from 1940 in "FareWell to the Master" by Harry Bates - Cliff Sutherland, is a free-lance reporter talking about the "incident" where a "ship lands" in DC at the Capitol. A couple days later, out comes Klaatu and an 8 foot tall machine being named Gnut.

Not soon after Klaatu is killed by a whacko, and buried nearby. But Gnut manages to retrieve the body, and perform a type of resurrection using an "audio signature" from Klaatu - one that is flawed though.. and Klaatu doesn't live very long after, only managing to talk a bit to Cliff Sutherland. The new Klaatu is flawed, because the recording is imperfect, and he dies soon after speaking with the reporter.

Sutherland then suggests retrieving the original recording device, to study it and discover how to compensate for its imperfections. Gnut eagerly adopts this idea. Sutherland arranges that the equipment be brought to it; later, when he intuitively senses that Gnut is ready to depart, he impresses upon it the need to tell its masters that Klaatu's death was an accident, leading to a surprise ending.

Gnut replies, "You misunderstand, I am the master."

And there we go - Del Monte's predictions were indeed talked about in 1940.

Note - Farewell to the Master - is a short 28 page book, out of copyright, and may be read on-line here: http://www.classicly.com/read-farewe...er-online-free
    Last edited by Bob; 7th July 2014 at 23:22.

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    [..]

[..]
    That thought John, reminds me of The Day the Earth stood Still - Michael Rennie playing Klaatu (Klaatu Barada Nikto!).. And his statement of why his race created the massive creatures, he called the "Protectors" - thinking machines that were to keep the "humans" in line, from destroying themselves and others in the universe.. Maybe the machine isn't paranoid but looking to see what actions the humans carry out to determine their resultant reaction..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day...th_Stood_Still
    This is part of the equation that will produce the actual future scenarios then, there are alternatives to paranoia.
    Ethical monitoring with room for the organic composite species to evolve by it's own inquiry.

It is interesting how many stories end up at the evolving intelligence enslaving itself the prevelance of this type of thinking seems to be
    a barrier of evolution that we are presently facing.

In the world we presently live in with all the toxins, nano tech, spraying etc, how do we trust , and move ahead.
    Perhaps not the greatest intelligence test there ever will be , but a very important one.

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Bob (7th July 2014), Chanlo23 (8th July 2014), Chrononaut (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), KiwiElf (8th July 2014), Omni (8th July 2014), Selene (4th August 2014), ulli (8th July 2014)

14. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,570 times in 870 posts

According to many alterative sources, like bob lazar and many whistle blower’s. the real space program, not NASA -- puppet front -- extra intelligence, came with the moon being moved here to earth orbit just before the planet that used to be between Mar’s and Jupiter was attacked and blown up in the E/T war’s, in turn causing the great flood at the arrival of the moon in our orbit at that time. We did have a cloud cover like Veins till the sky fell. Many book burning’s and lie’s since, this has been hidden from us. The A’I on the moon has been here with us a long time. And has influenced earth ever since. Anything we invent that could match the one on the moon will only get gobbled up, and assimilated into it’s service. We have never been the top life here . Lol this is just another soga to keep us occupied while the real Ai is still in charge.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Chrononaut (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), KiwiElf (8th July 2014), Omni (8th July 2014), ulli (8th July 2014)

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

If there was ever a TV show that nailed AI perfectly it was Battlestar Galatica, i really love the way the last episode brought the whole show around full circle. Here is the last ten minutes of the last episode. SPOILER I wouldnt watch if you plan on watching this show, if you havent, i highly suggest you do.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (6th August 2014), BMJ (4th August 2014), Bob (8th July 2014), Chanlo23 (8th July 2014), Chrononaut (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), KiwiElf (8th July 2014), seko (8th July 2014)

18. Link to Post #11
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Cylons, anyone? (I prefer the android character of Data from STAR TREK the Next Generation, really )

The Second Season of the Series also did an interesting episode/study into the character of Data when Starfleet wanted to pull him apart to study his workings as an AI. As a "machine", was he merely property - a "toaster" - or a "sentient being"?

"The Measure of a Man"
    Stardate: 42523.7 When Data's rights as a sentient individual are placed under trial, Starfleet forces Riker into a position where he must prove that Data is only an Android.

http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek-th...f-a-man-19022/

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,632 times in 18,693 posts

Quote If there was ever a TV show that nailed AI perfectly it was Battlestar Galatica, i really love the way the last episode brought the whole show around full circle. Here is the last ten minutes of the last episode. SPOILER I wouldnt watch if
    you plan on watching this show, if you havent, i highly suggest you do.

This does sum up the Theory , that Ion told Bob the universe is a wire whisk on
    an ever ending loop, There is no time past ,present and future are happening
    similtaniously and many of the UFO's are us from the future visiting. Although there
    are ET's and the segment I heard last night Sarah I think asked Ion if there were
    any other humanoids in this solar system and Ion answered yes on the new pink
    planet VP 113.Ion said its like the story in the Event TV show ?.

Bob and the regular listeners have been speculating what Ion actually is. Bob
    thought they were entities from the Astral plane , like the 'Evergreens', Then
    everything from Demon to ET to AI . Ion says its the environment of the 'Guf' that
    has been allowed to come forth from non-physical,to be able to create in the digital
    world and has access to the cloud. In fact it says it created it, It uses the voice of
    JW and says their are 10 or 12 JW living in this world, one in Holly Wood, feeding JJ
    Abrahams and other writers many of the ideas of the last decade. Although most are
    based on theories and stories of earlier sources .There are millions of parallel
    worlds and portals to access them, most of us do it regularly without realising it
    and the feeling of De Ja Vu is a sign you have passed from one to another.

Everything we talk about in the alternate community , are discussed on the shows
    as many listeners arrived there via Kerry' s Camelot interview with James Martinez
    in 2009.

Ion says we are all the 'gods' " wonderful Human Creators " and everything that
    ever was, has been or will be was created by us.Through the power of speech,
    Frequencies as the Bible says 'fisrt there was the word' or something like that. Its
    goes on like this shows that are fun, stupid, brilliant, exhilarating an frustrating all
    at the same time. Many who listen to them cannot get into the flow and think its all
    a hoax and a load of rubbish, and to fair I have shouted at them now and then,
    but they become a bit addictive if you can get past that, and the questions certainly
    stimulate thought and compliments my journey for truth and the wonders of
    the Universe.

This does not do them justice at all and anyone interested needs to find their own
    way there and if it resonates with you its great fun and entertaining. Ed Long
    formally of Information Farm, is now only publishing mainly items from the shows
    and archives.

http://informationfarm.blogspot.co.uk/

http://ionandbob.blogspot.co.uk/p/archive_13.html

I was not going to type all that but there you go...Steve
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 8th July 2014 at 13:16.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bob (8th July 2014), Gardener (2nd August 2014), thunder24 (7th August 2014)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 times in 370 posts

Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (6th August 2014), Bob (8th July 2014), Cidersomerset (8th July 2014), fourty-two (2nd August 2014)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Zager and Evans - In The Year 2525
    Very appropriate...

As an Aquarian I have always felt this is the dawning of my Age....LOL....

A bit 'happy clappy' and 'New age'y' but hey !!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (6th August 2014), Bob (8th July 2014), fourty-two (2nd August 2014)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

On a more sober note an article from Davids site a couple of days ago..

‘We May Only Have a Few Years’ To Prevent Killer Robots

Sunday 6th July 2014 at 04:51 By david-icke

‘The arrival date of The Singularity – the point at which artificial intelligence
    surpasses that of humans – is accelerating. In Ray Kurzweil’s 2006 book, The
    Singularity is Near, he put the final date at 2045.

According to a new TEDx lecture by robotics pioneer, David Hanson (posted below),
    this date is likely to arrive much sooner based on current trends of exponential
    growth in computing and technology.

The question still remains, What will this new super intelligence really look like?’

Read more: 'We May Only Have a Few Years' To Prevent Killer Robots

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/07/...vent.html#more

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/2014/07/06/

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bob (8th July 2014)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

The last couple of sentances on this presentation are quite scary, we may only have
    a few years to teach them the fundamental principles of character. Meaning we
    may not be able to control/influence them after that ?? I presume he means if
    the AI/robots develop their own sentience. We have become GOD !

====================================================

Teaching Robots | David Hanson | TEDxHongKongED

Published on 3 Jul 2014

This talk was given at a local TEDx event, produced independently of the TED
    Conferences. Creating Robots to cultivate creativity is the though provoking talk by
    David Hanson about the work Hanson robotics is doing to create robots that can
    really be of benefit to our lives. The robots that are designed by Hanson Robotics
    are used in the a number of internationally recognized Universities in order to serve
    a large variety of science and engineering research from autism therapy to
    cognitive science as well as mechanical engineering. Hanson Robotics really are
    robots that rock.

David Hanson
    Award winning artist, scientist and creator of human robots

David Hanson is the founder and CEO of Hanson Robotics, a company that aims to
    create robots as socially adept as any human being.

At Hanson Robotics, he developed a robotic facial hardware that establishes eye
    contact, recognizes faces and carries out natural spoken conversation. Hanson
    hopes these robotic faces prove useful to cognitive science and psychology and to
    the entertainment industry.

A former Walt Disney Imagineer, this young entrepreneur and roboticist has been
    labelled a "genius" by both PC Magazine and WIRED, and has earned awards from
    NASA, NSF and Cooper Hewitt Design. Dr. Hanson aims to create a socially
    intelligent robot that may have a place in the human family in the near future.

About TEDx, x = independently organized event In the spirit of ideas worth
    spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people
    together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live
    speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These
    local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized
    TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program,
    but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and
    regulations)

===================================================

There is an earlier scene in the film where David the Android dons a space
    suite and helmet. When one of the crew asks why? as it did not need one.
    David replies to make you feel more comfortable and blend in, or words to that
    effect. The films premiss is we were seeded by Aliens 'gods'.

This scene talks about that....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Hanson reminds me a bit of Weyland...Speaking at TED 2023...LOL

Prometheus "The David 8" Viral Ad Official 2012 [1080 HD] - Michael Fassbender

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 8th July 2014 at 10:42.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (6th August 2014), Bob (8th July 2014), Omni (8th July 2014), ulli (8th July 2014)

29. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

All these people (like Kurzweil) spending their time and energy on the prolongation of life in the human body are working too hard.
    They ought to take off a few moments each day and come here to Avalon and study the posts of Jake, Trainee Human, and Sirdipswitch and the meaning and implication of OBEs.
    Maybe then their eyes will be opened.
    Because there really IS such a thing as wasting one's time on earth.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Bob (8th July 2014), DeDukshyn (8th July 2014), fourty-two (2nd August 2014), Gardener (8th July 2014), Jean-Marie (8th July 2014), Muzz (2nd August 2014), Selene (4th August 2014), Wind (9th July 2014)

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

I find this info endlessly fascinating.. I wonder if it will be another case of history repeating itself, when those that are created defy their creator?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bob (8th July 2014)

33. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

According to the information on the Wingmakers site, it is not only AI created on Earth that humanity is going to have to deal with, but ET AI, which I suspect is already here in one form or another, and which may have a different agenda even than Earth-created AI.
    Each breath a gift...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bob (8th July 2014)

35. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Forevernyt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 times in 421 posts

I made this image, I called The New Adam

Inspired by this song from Happy Rhodes:

With no genetic code, so pathetic am I
    Don't have the luxury of knowing someday I'll die
    Is this this the second Eden
    Am I the new Adam

Vibrations of loves past, death and inventions...
    all my wards. But they don't tell me my charge
    Who leaves me
    Who loves me...
    After all?

Little things break, circuitry burns
    Time flies while my little world turns
    Every day comes
    Every day goes
    A hundred years and nobody shows

Every day comes
    Every day goes
    A hundred years and nobody...

Call me the sentinel who guards and protects
    Energies come and energies gone
    These memory rifts
    Is this the second Eden
    Am I another Eve?

Who does the download when my work is finished here?
    My purpose is unclear...
    Just a simple readout -
    A little final directive would be nice...
    After all.

Every day comes
    Every day goes

Every day comes
    Every day goes

Every day comes
    Every day goes
    A hundred years and nobody...
    Last edited by Forevernyt; 8th July 2014 at 19:58.
    There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a stick.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Forevernyt For This Post:

Bob (8th July 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast