Thanks

Default The Spirits Of The Prophets Are Subject To The Prophets

The Spirits Of The Prophets Are Subject To The Prophets
    (Encouraging Young Prophets)

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: The Spirits Of The Prophets Are Subject To The Prophets

Sorta grabs you and thoughts race through the head, of things happening in the now. You grip the keyboard ready to speak it, the moment it's finished.

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

SPIRIT of the prophets , it's the same spirit in different bodies with the same message ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

4. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Holy hell (ha!) this is a most apt video/post. One who has 'sight' has little/no benefit in appealing to the blind; the other has no purpose or bearing on the one.

I can relate to what you describe and have a wealth of experience that confirms what you posit. Well done again TruthSeekah!

5. Link to Post #5
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

What he doesn't give you is the rest of the context...so after his line of scripture, he doesn't tell you that:

The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church. Was it from you that the word of God first went forth? Or has it come to you only? If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment. But if anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized. Therefore, my brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak in tongues. But all things must be done properly and in an orderly manner.

-1 Corinthians

So...? Are they right about prophets but not about women? Does prophesy in this case refer to those who speak in tongues? Or does it refer to something larger?

Christian asking all you non-Christians for an explainamation on that one. Best of luck.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Jake (9th July 2014), PurpleLama (9th July 2014), Shezbeth (12th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

I turned my back on Christianity with a broken heart. Out of all of the people singing and chanting and waving their hands,,,, not a single damn one of them had the capacity to help me through my own experiences. Dreaming dreams and seeing visions almost got me beat up AT CHURCH... I've never felt a comforting warmth from a church.. I've read the Bible 3 times, cover to cover... Frankly,, I just don't need a religion to show me anything... I can tell you what 'walking in the spirit' means to me,,, But even using terms that come from the bible always gets Christians back into 'crusade mode'... So I try and not use Biblical terms when describing actual and pragmatic spiritual events.

Quote Once,,, i met a man on the road,,, wether he was in the body, or not,,, i don't know!!!!
    I can tell you all about that too,, but again,,, it doesn't come from a 2000 year old story book..

I believe the crux of TS message is more of an attempt to encourage young people to embrace their experiences. Especially when nobody in the Church are willing to try and relate to the young persons experience. Just dogma and excuses. I never really asked for my experiences,, they just kept happening... I was told by pastors and preachers and all sorts of experts that I was tampering with Gods business,, and that i should ask Jesus for forgiveness...

I'm sorry but there is no room in that mindset for Jake. With Christianity,, it is there way, or the highway!! Too bad.. I still have a special place in my heart for Jesus... But I avoid churches... Christians and i have different definitions of the word,, insanity... Too bad,,, There really isn't anything in my experiences that would take too much away from deep Christian beliefs... It's just the inviting me not to come, and turning their backs on me,,,, that broke my heart... I'm better for it...

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Milneman (12th July 2014), Omni (10th July 2014), Sebastion (9th July 2014), Shezbeth (12th July 2014)

9. Link to Post #7
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

I too avoid churches. I'm a hermit. I can't fit in with the left-leaning liberal sects because they're not close enough to what I consider to be authentic Christ-centred Christianity, and the other churches are so tightly wrapped up in dogma that they won't permit sodomites.

They don't know what they're missing.

I do sympathize with the OP though. There is a disconnect that I think if we go far back enough in our own cultures respectively we'll find not there; celtic Christian practice was a very earth-centred inclusive means of practicing the faith. In fact, if you go far enough back in the history of the early church, they weren't burning queers, they were marrying them in their own respective services! The liturgies in fact sill exist. OT..but...you get the idea.

Something I learned from my Ojibwa and Metis teachers that I'll pass on here. If and when you do get a vision, don't share it until you're absolutely certain about what it means for you, and for your community. If you do too early, you risk harming others, and you also risk the vision being dishonoured. I'm one of them there quiet psychics. Ohoh I spoke out! Damn!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Jake (12th July 2014), Shezbeth (12th July 2014)

11. Link to Post #8
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

weren't christians supposed to following Jesus? what were his two commandments?
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

12. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I know exactly where you are coming from and you are absolutely right.

+ Reply to Thread