Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spider occult symbolism...?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Default Spider occult symbolism...?

Hey folks,

I'm working on a lofty video project right now and could use some help! Basically, I'm curious about everybody's thoughts, feelings, and knowledge about spiders.

Name:  widow.jpg
Views: 4150
Size:  6.6 KB

Two of the most present phobias present within society (embedded deeply into our fragile psyches) are Arachnophobia (fear of spiders) and Ophidiophobia (fear of snakes).

It is obvious to me why the fear of snakes is embedded deeply in the human psyche, as the serpent is a part of nearly all our cultural historical accounts, as well as our genetics. We have a Reptile brain (R-complex) that is part of our triune brain. In addition, the Draco Reptilians' presence has left a deep impact on our subconscious (most likely intentional!).

But what about spiders...?

I read Jim Marrs's book "Our occulted History: Do the Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?" last year, and I remember that he mentioned spiders having a connection with Saturn. I gave away the book, so I can no longer look up the reference! Arrrghhh...

I find this interesting, because Saturn itself has deep roots in the occult, and it is used as a broadcast station to control Earth (controlled by certain Anunnaki). Also, spiders are a significant aspect of the Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, and J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, both of which deal with heavily occulted information.

In both book series, the spiders are part of ancient history and dark realms. Both Tolkien and Rowling had dealings with the occult, and they knew what they were talking about.

Name:  shelob.jpg
Views: 4556
Size:  8.3 KB

So if snakes have a negative effect on the human psyche and are an intricate part of the history of humanity, then might it make sense that spiders do as well...?

Also, the motto of Bohemian Grove is: "Weaving Spiders Come Not Here"

Could spiders be the creation of the Anunnaki? All thoughts are greatly appreciated!!
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Azt (19th July 2014), Becky (19th July 2014), Christine (19th July 2014), Ellisa (19th July 2014), Gardener (19th July 2014), halffull (19th July 2014), Hazel (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Krist (19th July 2014), Kryztian (19th July 2014), Lefty Dave (19th July 2014), Limor Wolf (19th July 2014), Matt P (19th July 2014), raregem (19th July 2014), seko (19th July 2014), Shane (19th July 2014), spizella (19th July 2014), william r sanford72 (19th July 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Default Re: Spider occult symbolism...?

Where I'm from, they say if you kill a spider it will rain the next day

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2014), Ellisa (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Spiders are OK. They eat flies and mosquitos and only bite when annoyed. They just have far too many legs and creep up on you! If they tasted nice and more people ate them they would be in the same category as a lobster. Some persson once remarked that it was a brave man who first ate a lobster!

Snakes and spiders are of course the main species that have poisonous venom and so. in a society without antidotes it was in the interest of the population to raise children to be frightened of them, and. to kill them on sight. Now, here in Australia, where everyone 'knows' we are crawling with dangerous animals, we have virtually eliminated deaths from the bites of these animals. Snakes are also protected in my state and if we discover a snake we have to call a snake handler to remove it if we do not want to do it ourselves.

I have never seen a snake in the wild, but we have massive spiders here in Victoria, and I moved one out of the dining room last week using the glass and jar method. It was a big one, about 4 inches across! I can be brave about it as they are harmless to humans.

I think our fear of spiders comes less from innate revulsion and more from many years of safety training. We need more knowledge about them both, because the more we know about something, the less reason we have to fear it.
    Last edited by Ellisa; 19th July 2014 at 01:57.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2014), Gardener (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Matt P (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014), seko (19th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

After digging in the Avalon archives, I found that Jeffrey is way ahead of me, again!

I find the thread Their Mind and the Emotional Matrix that we create with it. to be of great interest, specifically Jeffrey's comments:
    ~Henry David Thoreau

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2014), DarMar (19th July 2014), Gardener (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), seko (19th July 2014), william r sanford72 (19th July 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Also, let us not forget the union of both spiders and reptiles with one of Spiderman's key villains: Lizard:

Quote Curtis "Curt" Connors was born in Coral Gables, Florida. He was a gifted surgeon who enlisted in the U.S. Army and was sent off to war. He performed emergency battlefield surgery on wounded GIs, but his right arm was injured in a blast and had to be amputated. After his return to civilian life as a research technologist, Connors became obsessed with uncovering the secrets of reptilian limb regeneration. Working from his home in the Florida Everglades with the help of war buddy Ted Sallis, he finally developed an experimental serum taken from reptilian DNA. He successfully regrew the missing limb of a rabbit and then chose to test it on himself. Connors ingested the formula and his missing arm did indeed grow back. The formula had a side effect; Connors was subsequently transformed into a reptilian humanoid monster. Spider-Man discovered this situation during a trip to Florida to investigate newspaper reports of the Lizard after the Bugle challenged him. Spider-Man was then able to use Connors' notes to create an antidote to restore him to his human form and mentality. Another attempt to develop this serum for safe use again resulted in Connors transforming into the Lizard, but on this occasion he was saved thanks to his former colleague Professor Charles Xavier and his first team of X-Men, Beast and Angel tracking the Lizard down in the swamps so that Iceman could send him into hibernation long enough to develop a cure.
    Name:  lizard1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  73.6 KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	2906246-lizard.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	26403

Stan Lee knew a thing or two about our occulted history...
    ~Henry David Thoreau

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Krist (19th July 2014), seko (19th July 2014), william r sanford72 (19th July 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

In a practical sense our DNA probably contains imprinted memories from when we lived in caves, it would be important to avoid the dark dusty corners wherein there could be 'other occupants' so at a simple level arachnophobia is not irrational. However Jeffreys thread is a very worthwhile read.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2014), Ellisa (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just as the reptilians are now in a dominating - though secretive - position over us prisoners here on this planet, so in the past have there been others in this role. This is in times gone by, but their memory lingers on.

One of these was the Spider Invasion. Imagine huge Tarantula type spiders the size of a double-decker bus who could shoot their venom at you from a distance. This would not kill you, but it would paralyze you in agony until they came and sucked the very life spirit out of you.

Happened long ago. Then came the Snake people who were the fore-runners of the dragon people.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leon88 For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

What about bats? I would put them in the same category as the abhorred spiders and snakes--- and they carry dreadful disease virus too, and have many ancient legends too!.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Tesseract (here)
    Where I'm from, they say if you kill a spider it will rain the next day
    In the village where I grew up, there was an old wives' tale that the spider carries a message for the first person who spots it, namely...:
    • If you spot the spider in the morning: it will be a busy day;
    • If you spot the spider at noon: you will be lucky; and
    • If you spot the spider in the evening: love is coming your way.

I have found there to be at least some veracity to the above, within a wide enough margin for interpretation - e.g. the word "love" does not necessarily mean "romance", and what constitutes "luck" is also up for discussion.

What I have also found is that the spider does not need to be in your physical vicinity for the message to be valid. It's just the event of involuntarily seeing a spider - which could be on TV, or on the web somewhere - which circumscribes the message. There is no message when you voluntarily go looking at spiders.

Aragorn, who is severely arachnophobic since birth. ;-)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hi, samwisethebrave,
    good luck with your video project,i would be interested to see your results, the symbolism connection is very interesting and coincidently i had a very intense dream last night about a spider..im not sure if that has any symbolic meaning! maybe anyone reading this might tell me if they know and earlier this year i also got the jim marrs book" our occulted history" its brilliant, i cant believe you gave it away..very generous!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ecnal61 For This Post:

Becky (19th July 2014), Christine (19th July 2014), Gardener (19th July 2014), halffull (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,439 times in 1,555 posts

Spider symbology is in all cultures and is either good or bad depending on interpretation. There is the Spider Grandmother of the Hopi and She is the one who weaves the web of reality.. or Maya. Again we come to looking deeper into the "occulted" territory to comprehend for our Self the meaning.

If we understand the Feminine aspect as the keeper, vessel, and weaver of life, She often takes the form of the Spider.. or the Weaver, as the mythology in all cultures demonstrates. This is not considered evil, I would however postulate that the Dark Hand that rules in the under layers understands the mechanism of how reality is manifest and has co-opted this function.

So we have fear of spiders, electrical bots (the scuttlers many were seeing in February 2013), the creation of morphogenetic creatures, mythology is abundant.

In the current time frame I would say that the piercing of the illusory, in our world falsely manipulated, veil of the matrix.. the penetration into the underlying sea of creative force (source) is where we are headed as Human Consciousness, we are asked to take responsibility for our co-creation.

The spider is a remarkable figure of feminine energy and creativity in the spirit animal kingdom. Spiders are characterized by the skilled weaving of intricate webs and patience in awaiting their prey. By affinity with the spider spirit animal, you may have qualities of high receptivity and creativity. Having the spider as a power animal or totem helps you tune into life’s ebbs and flows and ingeniously weave every step of your destiny.

Our phobia comes, I believe, from not knowing our Self in relationship to All. As Frodo is able to do so must we.

Thanks Samwise.. great project!

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Quote Aragorn--->In the village where I grew up, there was an old wives' tale that the spider carries a message for the first person who spots it, namely...:
    The spider 'old wives tale' that I grew up with was 'If you want to live and thrive, let the spider run alive'
    of course I respected that saying of our elders and still do. but based on what Christine says in post #11 the saying takes on another more beautiful meaning and depth in relations to the 'Self'. Thank you for that Christine.

I am looking forward to the manifestation of your creative project Samwise
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2014), Ellisa (20th July 2014), Frank V (19th July 2014), Gekko (19th July 2014), Hazel (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014), william r sanford72 (19th July 2014)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

I think spiders and snakes and very interesting species and we shouldn't be afraid of them, they don't need to harm any human.

If you observe them, see how they behave and what they do, you'll will understand them. The feeling of fear will not be fed if you don't judge them by their looks.
    Breathe in the air

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

Christine (19th July 2014), Ellisa (20th July 2014), Hazel (19th July 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th July 2014), Robin (19th July 2014), william r sanford72 (19th July 2014)

25. Link to Post #14
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Somewhere in the mists of my past l heard say that a fear of spiders represents fear of self...

Wiccan / Pagan symbology of the spinning of spells and spinning of webs as meditation, has allusions to the creative artifice of the woman (as Mother Nature) spinning the web of life. It's such a beautiful and honouring tribute to Gia, to women and to the spiders industry.

Combining these attributions, we have the empowering message of our sovereign power to spin our own webs of self knowledge and to create our own way in life.
    Last edited by Hazel; 19th July 2014 at 18:05.

26. Link to Post #15
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Read up on Arachne.

27. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 320 posts

I am afraid of spiders when I find them crawling on me - other than that, I will tolerate them. Just today at work I found a huge spider in the stockroom (about the size of a U.S. quarter) and for some reason, I decided to let him/her live - knowing that it was probably more afraid of me than I was of it. Also SamwiseTheBrave, I may have a copy of that Jim Marrs book filed away somewhere on my hard drive and if you'd wish, I could email it to you.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

Ellisa (20th July 2014), Frank V (20th July 2014), Gardener (20th July 2014), Robin (20th July 2014), seko (20th July 2014)

29. Link to Post #17
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Livioazio-- liked your port because it made me smile! Your spider was not huge! The spider I dealt with in my dining-room was a Huntsman (or Huntslady more probably because of its size). That is why I feel we are encouraged to be scared of them. Of course some here in Oz are dangerous-- and A Huntsman looks ghastly, especially if it jumps!! I notice that many more myths than I thought view spiders as fortunate omens. I think we should appreciate them for their flying insect kill rate and try to overlook their challenging appearance. They. along with snakes and bats, fit into occult designs very well, and need no tweaking, which could account for the frequency they are mentioned or used. They look really Bad, and no one could imagine a butterfly or a sweet little lamb as a harbinger of doom!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Frank V (20th July 2014), Hazel (20th July 2014), Robin (20th July 2014), seko (20th July 2014)

31. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    Livioazio-- liked your port because it made me smile! Your spider was not huge! The spider I dealt with in my dining-room was a Huntsman (or Huntslady more probably because of its size). That is why I feel we are encouraged to be scared of them. Of course some here in Oz are dangerous-- and A Huntsman looks ghastly, especially if it jumps!! I notice that many more myths than I thought view spiders as fortunate omens. I think we should appreciate them for their flying insect kill rate and try to overlook their challenging appearance. They. along with snakes and bats, fit into occult designs very well, and need no tweaking, which could account for the frequency they are mentioned or used. They look really Bad, and no one could imagine a butterfly or a sweet little lamb as a harbinger of doom!
    Well, there are a few aspects most people here seem to overlook on account of where all the legends came from. For starters, both spiders and bats are nocturnal animals which is why we typically associate them with evil. Snakes are not nocturnal because they are reptiles, and reptiles are coldblooded, so they rely on sunlight to warm up their bodies enough to a degree that they can become active. This is why they bask in the sun. Spiders are coldblooded as well, but they are much smaller and lighter and don't require that much energy to move. Spiders even dislike the light and will typically seek out some dark corner to sleep during the day - preferably somewhere humid, like a bathroom, a toilet, a barn, etc.

Bats are mammals and are of course warmblooded creatures, but the fact that they are nocturnal and that their wings are not feathered but rather leathery - and thus reminiscent of the wings of pterosaurs or even of mythological dragons, and thus "reptilian" - have caused them to become a staple of horror stories. Think of Bram Stoker's "Dracula" and other vampire stories, which have been the subject of a great many number of horror movies, and which were based upon mixing the legends surrounding the Romanian historic figure Vlad the Impaler with the fact that certain Latin-American bats are hematophagues, i.e. they literally feed on blood, albeit that they do not actually kill or even bite their victims - they use their tongue for causing the small wounds from which they drink up the blood. What most people are probably not even aware of is that the diet of the largest bat in the world, the kalong (also known as the flying fox), is primarily comprised of fruit.

Personally, I like bats. When I was still living with my parents and we were sitting outside on a hot summer night, the bats would come flying over our heads, feeding off of the mosquitos. They were keeping us safe. And they make cute little noises too. :-)

The reason why most people equate snakes with evil is that the ones we commonly encounter - if we do encounter them, because although there are a few vipers in the South-East of Belgium, there are no vipers or other snakes in the Flanders, which is where I live - are usually venomous. A second reason might be due to the Abrahamic religions, in which "the Satan" assumed the appearance of a snake in the purported Garden of Eden, and Catholicism has probably done much more to propagate that superstition and prejudice than Judaism or Islam ever did.

Another thing which is often overlooked is that spiders are cannibals, and not all spiders feed on insects. Tarantulas for instance mainly feed on birds, small reptilians and rodents. Some spiders even feed on fish. And the way a spider kills and consumes its prey is quite gruesome too.

All of the above said, I've just killed a spider that was in my bath tub. It wasn't very big, and I tried to make sure that it didn't suffer. I also apologized to it, and I even said "rest in peace", with righteous intent. I don't wish them any harm, but my bathroom is one of the parts of my apartment which I won't share with a (roaming) spider. I've regularly got house spiders in my apartment, but they don't roam. They just find a corner, weave themselves a web and then go hanging there upside down, hoping to catch some insects - to very little avail, I might add. But the roaming kind, no, thanks. It's either me or them, and I'm the one who paid for this apartment.

On the other hand, when I was still living in my other apartment, I had a pet spider. It was 3 mm (!) in size, and it was very funny. I named it Basil. The first time I saw him he was crawling on the ceiling in my bathroom, and it took him three days to make it to the living room. Basil regularly kept me company while I was working at my computer. Eventually he drowned in the cannister with my contact lens fluid, and I swear I had no idea how he ended up in there, because I had not seen him in there the night before when I took out my contact lenses and put them in the fluid. Poor Basil. But well, he was probably on borrowed time anyway. A spider that small can't catch any flies or mosquitos. He was so small that the insects could probably have fed off him instead.

Another thing I would like to address is that it has come to my attention that certain females are terrified of mice, but not of spiders. Both my late mom and my ex-sister-in-law would pick up a spider by the leg, but they would jump on a table as soon as they saw a mouse. For the life of me, I cannot grasp that. I mean, come on, which is cuter: a spider or a mouse? :-)

Oh, and as far as spiders being harmless to humans is concerned, that's a fable too. I have already been bitten by a spider in the wild (without that I even realized at first), and it turned out as a very nasty wound. Some spiders are more aggressive than others. And let's not even get into the black widows, which, thanks to the import of US American old timer vehicles, are now starting to appear even here in Europe. Given the similarities in climate between the US and continental Europe, the black widow has no problem thriving here, unlike the occasional tarantula which manages to escape from some spider lover's home and sets out to explore the world - the climate is too harsh for them so they will soon die out here in the wild. But not the black widows. And they're not all too big, but they sure as hell are dangerous; especially to people who are allergic to spider venom, but even to those who aren't.

As for some more trivia, the most dangerous spider in the world on account of venom is the Australian redback spider, and the biggest spider in the world is the giant tarantula, which lives in the Amazon. Its fangs are two centimeters long! The giant spiders reported by US soldiers in Iraq are about the same size, but technically they are not actually spiders. They are members of the arachnid family, like scorpions, but they're not spiders - they just look an awful lot like them. ;-)

32. Link to Post #19
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

There's a song about that most deadly spider in the world:

** the toilet represented is known as an outdoor Dunny...
    a great Red Back domicile for sure!
    Last edited by Hazel; 20th July 2014 at 22:48.

33. Link to Post #20
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks very much for the Slim Dusty song recap!! Haven't heard it for ages (but I knew every word). And the Redback is very nasty, but it lives evrywhere in Oz I think, and I know we have them in our garden. You just learn not to fossick inunder rocks or leaves barefoot, and always wear gloves. They rarely seem to come inside the house--- they do not like modern plumbing probably--- but most important of all there is an antidote very widely available so deaths are very rare indeed now. It does take a while to get better too. Another spider with a nasty bite is the wolf spider-- that takes a long time to heal.

I liked your post Aragon and agree with the points you make. All of these "occult" type creatures lurk , some in caves, some under leaves, some in nooks and crevices on rock faces etc. They are 'creatures of the night' and as a species we do not like night and do our best to eliminate the dark and the creatures that live in the shadows.

As for mice! They appear suddenly and scuttle about. I had pet mice as a child, and they were adorable (if a bit smelly). However we recently had a mouse plague in Victoria, due to a 10 year drought, so animals such as mice, crickets and ants invaded houses looking for water, and I can assure you that the sudden appearance of a mouse racing through the room in front of you is enough to make you squeak! They cleared up eventually when the rains restarted. Our cat seemed relieved. He is elderly and seemed to be fed up with chasing mice forever.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Frank V (21st July 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast