+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 11 14 LastLast

Thread: Genocide in Gaza

1. Link to Post #201
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Re: Genocide in Gaza

The Balfour Declaration is nice to Google, just a tip and a nice place to start, add Chatham house and you are getting closer, good luck., dig bit deeper then for example Leon Uris his book 'Exodus", some piece of propaganda is that, great drama though, of course the regular Jews back then fell for it too, seriously, Google Balfour Declaration and get into the how, why, who, economics and you will see some serious murderous power horny bastards stick up their heads to feast on death, destruction, terror, power, serious links to royalty here, such filth.

2. Link to Post #202
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 times in 715 posts

GLOBAL BOYCOTT OF ISRAEL NOW
    http://thomassheridanofficialblog.blogspot.ie

Quote I am going to call for a Global Boycott of all Israeli products and exports. This will include products and items produced by corporations in the Untied States and elsewhere, owned and operated by openly Christian Zionists who are supporting this bull**** in Gaza.

It was not that long ago that I wanted to go to Israel and meet with other artists in the hope of showing the world that meeting with real humans was still our best option for peace. I no longer feel this way.

If anyone has information on links relating to products exported from Israel, including bar codes, contractors who sub-contract out to Israeli companies etc. We need this information so we can get started.

It won't be easy and even if you can only stop purchasing one item made in Israel and replacing it with one made in your own country it is a start. This is not a competition to prove who is the mostest-boycotter. A start is a start

GLOBAL BOYCOTT OF ISRAEL NOW

(ps: no Jew bashing please) and just so people know, I am not pro Hamas or give a **** about the Palestinian state/leadership. I am only pointing out who has the most ability to murder the most innocent people and this is why I am Boycotting Israel.

You will never see me wave a Palestinian flag any more than an Israeli one. I have seen some well intentioned people waving Palestinian flags and duped into using Palestinian flag avatars/profile pics. This is about human beings, and not governments.

I have no doubt that Israel would be destroyed by Palestinian Government Troops if the tables were turned and that would be just as evil. All you have to do is look at the viciousness of the Arab League in 1967 towards Israel. This boycott is only about saving innocent lives, and not politics or religions.

from Israel Export.org

Annex
    Burdines
    Bon Marche
    Bon Ton
    Carson Pirie Scott
    Casual Corner Mall
    Chico's shops
    Gap
    Macy's
    Marshals
    Parisian
    Petite Sophisticates
    Proffitts and Yunkers
    Rich's
    T J Maxx

Consumer Products from Israel

Food

Elite (chocolate, candy)
    Telma (grocery food)
    Pastures of Eden (goat cheese)
    Gilboa Beit Ha****a (pickled vegetables, olives)
    Beigle & Beigle (pretzels & crackers)
    Achva (halva, sesame products)
    Galilee Herbs
    Kvuzat Yavne (pickled vegetables, olives)
    Olivia (gourmet herbs, spices, olive oil, spreads, sauces)
    Osem (grocery food)
    Sabra Salads
    Wissotzky Tea
    Moshe & Ali (spreads)
    Golan (beverages)
    Carmel (beverages)
    Tempo (beverages)
    Tnuva (cheese)
    Produce & Flowers

Skin Care

Ahava (Dead Sea Skin Care Products)
    Masada (Dead Sea Skin Care Products)
    Mineral Care (Dead Sea Skin Care Products)
    Sea Of Life (Dead Sea Skin Care Products)

Apparel

Women's Wear

Dorin Frankfurt
    Kedem Sasson
    Ronen Chen
    Ginza
    Hagara
    Reuma
    Sigal Dekel
    Roni Rabl

Swimwear

Gottex
    Diva
    Lagouf

Children's Wear

Sara's Prints
    Baby Steps

Footwear

Naot (sandals)

Jewellery

Ayala Bar
    Avi Soffer
    Dori Csengeri
    Neta & Eyal
    Trades of the East

Toys

Edushape Ltd.
    Educational Toys (sells to schools only)

3. Link to Post #203
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Makes it easy for me - I don't buy any of those products anyway.

I had to stop the interview for awhile. Empathy hurts.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Christine (23rd July 2014), Gardener (27th July 2014), Marin (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), RunningDeer (23rd July 2014), Shikasta (23rd July 2014), sian (23rd July 2014), Spiral of Light (24th July 2014), Wind (24th July 2014)

5. Link to Post #204
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 times in 735 posts

I implore everyone reading this thread to watch this very powerful and moving short link where an ex Israeli soldier breaks his silence of what he learned during his duty in Palestine – it drastically changed his views and life as he realised he was on the wrong side and history (the holocaust) was repeating itself.

God bless this man for his courage for breaking the silence of what is really going on.

Lets join together around the world and create a greater Future and Dream for humanity.

(Below are my personal notes for those who have limited broadband width or time).

Months into his duty in Palestine, Eran Efrati (aged 19) witness such injustice that he became a secret activist joining Palestinian protests when he was off duty. He got to experience the other side becoming the firing target of rubber bullets (rubber bullets are steel bullets just coated in rubber); experienced tear gas that makes one choke unable to breathe.

The Israeli army is basically making sure on a legal aspect that it is ‘protect’ from every angle – nobody can complain.

He then starts helping ‘Doctors without boarders’ sneaking out of the barracks at night handing Palestinians in their homes the medical permits and medicine they need. This is what it is like living under military occupation.

He then hears about a little group where other soldiers are breaking the silence sharing the truth of what is happening inside this occupied territory; as soon as he is released from the army he joins them becoming their chief investigator. They tried to get their stories published so the Israeli people could understand what is really happening – but their stories were ‘censored’. Only certain global news papers would publish, yet they too were censored in parts.

As he continues to research occupation all he kept finding was ‘money’.................... in 2010 he discovered the Israeli government and military are selling a new type of teargas canister weapon, the most deadliest ever to the Singapore police to fight their protesters in their country.

Suddenly he realises the Israeli military have been trying out their weapons everyday on the Palestinian people (not in laboratories) to then sell (as tested) to the outside world.

Going deeper down the rabbit hole he then realises there were undercover Israeli units in Palestine starting/ provoking the riots, starting something so that the Israeli army had a good excuse to test out these weapons!

He lists the dictator regimes that the Israeli government for the last 40 years has traded weapon with, technology with or training their soliders. He discovered the Israeli military have been part of the regime wars around the world and making a killing out of it literally by making so much money.

Then he understood: this is not an occupation it is a laboratory! It was not about religion or the land – it is about a lot, a lot of money.

He since moved to New York and spent the next 3 years researching the relationship between the Israeli army and American army, Israeli government and American government and all the money that flows in the middle. By a chance incident he discovers the American police are being trained over in Israel by the Isrealian army – under the guise to ‘working to together’ to 'protect'.

What is going on in Palestine is a humanitarian crisis. History is knocking really loud on our door right now in Palestine and all of you need to be on the right side of this humanitarian case.

If you do not care about the Palestinians after this lecture, I do not care. If you don’t care about us Israeli’s asking for your help about the Palestine regime in Israel I am fine about that also. BUT you should know YOU ARE NEXT IN LINE.

The next one will die with a tear canister in his chest – it is already happening in this country (U.S.) to immigrants – you guys are next in line! Your police are training with our Israeli army who is training them to take care of the ‘enemy’ (public). Palestinians are their enemy – YOU are their ENEMY.

While you and I are taking care of our communities, the government and the police are organising together mobiley to oppress us. We need to start organising non-violently globally to resist them and that starts in Palestine RIGHT NOW.

Quote [You tube summary]
    Published on 8 Mar 2014

The talk by Eran Efrati was filmed in Denver, Colorado on March 3, 2014 as part of The Soldier and the Refusenik U.S. tour with Maya Wind. Eran talk about his experiences in the IDF and then more broadly discusses Israel, its relationship to the U.S. and the global expansion of militarism.

Eran Efrati, 28, was born and raised in Jerusalem. After graduating high school he enlisted in the IDF, where he served as a combat soldier and company sergeant in Battalion 50 of the Nachal Division. He spent most of his service in Hebron and throughout the West Bank. In 2009, he was discharged and joined Breaking the Silence, an organization of veteran Israeli soldiers working to raise awareness about the daily reality in the Occupied Territories. He worked as the chief investigator of the organization, collecting testimonies from IDF soldiers about their activities. He also guided political tours and to the West Bank and worked to educate Israeli youth about the reality of being a soldier in an occupying army. His collected testimonies appear in the booklet "Operation Cast Lead" and their most recent release "Our Harsh Logic". Since leaving Breaking the Silence, his investigative reports appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Guardian. Today he is active with the Israeli groups Anarchists Against the Wall and Boycott from Within.

http://www.soldierandrefusenik.com/
    Last edited by Realeyes; 23rd July 2014 at 11:15. Reason: spelling error

6. Link to Post #205
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,899 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by Realeyes (here)
    [...]

this is not an occupation it is a laboratory! It was not about religion or the land – it is about a lot, a lot of money.

[...]
    That, sadly, sums it up... a laboratory for many types of experiments including psychological and which have been exported worldwide but especially in the U.S. of A.: Police brutality added to outrageous court rulings, etc...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2014), Christine (23rd July 2014), ktlight (23rd July 2014), Marin (23rd July 2014), panopticon (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), sian (23rd July 2014), Spiral of Light (24th July 2014)

8. Link to Post #206
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

I have been privy to information on some of the things that covert agencies do in in their collaboration with Mossad that I can't divulge though this is not to say that it's really in-depth information anyway that most here are not already aware of wrt to kind of behind the scene things they do to get their information, is the following.... (Needless to say, the Palestinians are at a distinct disadvantage in terms of direct access.)

The bottom line is that the Palestinian Israeli conflict is just another proxy war between the US and Russia in terms of world domination and greed (the sale of arms). Of course there's a whole lot more to all of this but like anything else, if you want to get to the bottom of any given regional conflict, follow the money.

Below is the list of those country's that are the top arms exporters in the world.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Roisin; 23rd July 2014 at 12:48.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2014), Christine (23rd July 2014), Gardener (27th July 2014), ktlight (23rd July 2014), Limor Wolf (23rd July 2014), Marin (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), sian (23rd July 2014), Sidney (23rd July 2014), spiritwind (25th July 2014)

10. Link to Post #207
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

And the arms sales coincide with drugs distribution worldwide.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2014), Christine (23rd July 2014), Flash (23rd July 2014), Gardener (27th July 2014), Hervé (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), Roisin (23rd July 2014), sian (23rd July 2014), Sidney (23rd July 2014)

12. Link to Post #208
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Genocide is occurring openly. Mass murder, in many countries. This is the New World Holocaust. And silence fills my own neighborhood. No one wants to talk, or hear about it. This is such a sad sad hour for our planet and all inhabitants.

I believe I am reaching that point (as brought up on another thread) of Surrender. My heart simply has run out of fight. Trying to come up with ideas,solutions, answers, while fighting my own fight at home. It is a daunting task to just find non poisonous things to eat every day, and these problems seem so massive that my heart is on overload, seeing/reading listening to all of the pains of the world.

It feels like Gaia is trying to give birth, to a still born that refuses to make its way down the birth canal. And we are all stuck, in this frozen state of upheaval. I am truly at a loss for words, or actions. So many things, coming at us from all directions. I feel like the man in the video. Ranting inside, yet paralyzed by the same emotions.

I am asking source to please help. Nothing specific. But I am saying outnloud to source, Gaza, and everyone, everywhere, needs help. It is overwhelming.
    It is the only thing I know to do at this point.

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2014), Christine (23rd July 2014), Flash (23rd July 2014), Gardener (27th July 2014), Hervé (25th July 2014), heyokah (24th July 2014), ktlight (24th July 2014), Limor Wolf (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), Roisin (23rd July 2014), RunningDeer (23rd July 2014), sian (23rd July 2014), SilentFeathers (26th July 2014), spiritwind (25th July 2014), Wind (24th July 2014)

14. Link to Post #209
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 times in 735 posts

Well written Sidney....................... I know exactly what you say, I too have spent many nights over the years in long focus demanding to Source that help is needed 'right here'. I am usually a D.I.Y. soul, seldom asking for assistance, yet sometimes it gets too overwhelming; the picture gets so big, where hope is clasping onto a wisp of a thread. (Interestingly, during such times, if I spin in consciousness just a little higher is where I have had instant magic or manifestations......... I am finding it interesting observing how the 'gear changes' work - this is continuous work in progress).

Speaking for myself, I knew this Timeline would not be easy................ to be honest it has progressed/turned much darker than I thought would be allowed - BUT this was just 'me' (the smaller perspective of Self) not yet connecting to an even deeper re-rememberance where my soul/spirit understood the huge (yet rewarding) challenges of these times we are in right now and the soul-full greater potentials and awesome opportunities this pivitol Time offers if we consciously rise above this.

Thank you again for your post, you expressed most elequently.

Ps. I often remove myself from the internet when I get overwhelmed. I find walking in Nature helps to restore balance within me as well as inner meditation and soul-full willful focus placing my intentions into my reality creating a future destination point that benefits all.

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    Genocide is occurring openly. Mass murder, in many countries. This is the New World Holocaust. And silence fills my own neighborhood. No one wants to talk, or hear about it. This is such a sad sad hour for our planet and all inhabitants.

I believe I am reaching that point (as brought up on another thread) of Surrender. My heart simply has run out of fight. Trying to come up with ideas,solutions, answers, while fighting my own fight at home. It is a daunting task to just find non poisonous things to eat every day, and these problems seem so massive that my heart is on overload, seeing/reading listening to all of the pains of the world.

It feels like Gaia is trying to give birth, to a still born that refuses to make its way down the birth canal. And we are all stuck, in this frozen state of upheaval. I am truly at a loss for words, or actions. So many things, coming at us from all directions. I feel like the man in the video. Ranting inside, yet paralyzed by the same emotions.

I am asking source to please help. Nothing specific. But I am saying outnloud to source, Gaza, and everyone, everywhere, needs help. It is overwhelming.

15. Link to Post #210
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,305 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Centauri (here)
    am not ignoring it. I just don't know what the hell to do!

I want to do more. What to do?
    Sidney your post echoes what I’ve been going through. The same with Centauri.

Every time, I ask, “How? or what?” I keep coming back to “Be the power, the Love, I’m discovering and acknowledge within”. It spreads.

I’ve been unsuccessful with sharing information. Though because of Avalon, I’ve learned how to share differently when others play the devil’s advocate. I understand they’re curious, but not quite enough to find out more on their own. In fairness, I recall early on how it was a natural process where curiosity trumped denial and fear.

It was a good 3-4 years, in the early 90’s, where I had no time to watch TV because of a distant relationship, work, and martial arts training. I returned from a summer in Europe and turned on the local news. It had changed to an escalation of violence, brutality for the smallest disagreements, dark, and gore. I thought it was for ratings. But now I understand differently. It’s one example of how over these 25+ years we’ve been programmed. An entire generation(s) knows no different than life of cruelty, blood shed and war.

It angers and saddens me because I know it’s been longer than 25+ year. We’re busy with personal milestones, challenges, choices and changes. Many of which have been to counter this overlay and escalation of an unnatural society.

What keeps me going is the knowledge that this fabricated picture has the potential to turn in nano-seconds. Once enough reach out and say ‘no more’, and make it loud enough for their neighbors to be shaken out of their hypnotic programs, we’ll be on our way to rebuild.

It’s the people like those of Avalon that have the kind of light to jumpstart others recall of why they are here. The rebuilding phase will quicken because manifestation of thoughts, ideas, and material will be of a different vibration. One that equals our natural birthright.

RunningDeer <3

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (26th July 2014), araucaria (23rd July 2014), Christine (23rd July 2014), Hervé (25th July 2014), Limor Wolf (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), Rich (24th July 2014), Sidney (23rd July 2014), spiritwind (25th July 2014), Wind (24th July 2014)

17. Link to Post #211
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Realeyes (here)
    Well written Sidney....................... I know exactly what you say, I too have spent many nights over the years in long focus demanding to Source that help is needed 'right here'. I am usually a D.I.Y. soul, seldom asking for assistance, yet sometimes it gets too overwhelming; the picture gets so big, where hope is clasping onto a wisp of a thread. (Interestingly, during such times, if I spin in consciousness just a little higher is where I have had instant magic or manifestations......... I am finding it interesting observing how the 'gear changes' work - this is continuous work in progress).

Speaking for myself, I knew this Timeline would not be easy................ to be honest it has progressed/turned much darker than I thought would be allowed - BUT this was just 'me' (the smaller perspective of Self) not yet connecting to an even deeper re-rememberance where my soul/spirit understood the huge (yet rewarding) challenges of these times we are in right now and the soul-full greater potentials and awesome opportunities this pivitol Time offers if we consciously rise above this.

Thank you again for your post, you expressed most elequently.

Ps. I often remove myself from the internet when I get overwhelmed. I find walking in Nature helps to restore balance within me as well as inner meditation and soul-full willful focus placing my intentions into my reality creating a future destination point that benefits all.

Thank you Realeyes. Many hugs back at you!!!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Christine (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), RunningDeer (23rd July 2014), Wind (24th July 2014)

19. Link to Post #212
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)

Quote Posted by Centauri (here)
    am not ignoring it. I just don't know what the hell to do!

I want to do more. What to do?
    Sidney your post echoes what I’ve been going through. The same with Centauri.

Every time, I ask, “How? or what?” I keep coming back to “Be the power, the Love, I’m discovering and acknowledge within”. It spreads.

I’ve been unsuccessful with sharing information. Though because of Avalon, I’ve learned how to share differently when others play the devil’s advocate. I understand they’re curious, but not quite enough to find out more on their own. In fairness, I recall early on how it was a natural process where curiosity trumped denial and fear.

It was a good 3-4 years, in the early 90’s, where I had no time to watch TV because of a distant relationship, work, and martial arts training. I returned from a summer in Europe and turned on the local news. It had changed to an escalation of violence, brutality for the smallest disagreements, dark, and gore. I thought it was for ratings. But now I understand differently. It’s one example of how over these 25+ years we’ve been programmed. An entire generation(s) knows no different than life of cruelty, blood shed and war.

It angers and saddens me because I know it’s been longer than 25+ year. We’re busy with personal milestones, challenges, choices and changes. Many of which have been to counter this overlay and escalation of an unnatural society.

What keeps me going is the knowledge that this fabricated picture has the potential to turn in nano-seconds. Once enough reach out and say ‘no more’, and make it loud enough for their neighbors to be shaken out of their hypnotic programs, we’ll be on our way to rebuild.

It’s the people like those of Avalon that have the kind of light to jumpstart others recall of why they are here. The rebuilding phase will quicken because manifestation of thoughts, ideas, and material will be of a different vibration. One that equals our natural birthright.

RunningDeer <3
    You have incredible insight Paula, and you are right that it is important to focus on staying aligned so to speak, as to not get to far off track, and fall into the pity pit.
    Just one of those days I guess. After having such an enlightening Avalon grid experience, then turn and feel like the sky is falling. but sometimes, praying, is the only thing to do, and that is better than nothing. Gaia speaks to me, so I am hoping she feels the energies of our prayers.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Christine (23rd July 2014), Gardener (27th July 2014), ktlight (24th July 2014), Limor Wolf (23rd July 2014), Realeyes (23rd July 2014), RunningDeer (23rd July 2014), spiritwind (25th July 2014), Wind (24th July 2014)

21. Link to Post #213
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    I question the humanness of the speaking thing.
    Question the rationality of the watching thing, far more important.

And drink your water.

22. Link to Post #214
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,301 times in 5,193 posts

Gaza: one child killed every hour

"Published on Jul 23, 2014
    The artist taxi driver"

This is a devastating story about a 2.5 year old girl who was hit by an F16 Israeli weapon
    Last edited by ktlight; 24th July 2014 at 10:25.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

Abhaya (25th July 2014), panopticon (25th July 2014), PRAGMAE (24th July 2014), Richard S. (24th July 2014), syrwong (24th July 2014), Tesseract (24th July 2014), Tyy1907 (25th July 2014)

24. Link to Post #215
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

As soon as the women pleaded with the world, "We have no place to go. All our homes are gone, there is only this hospital. Are we to stay at this hospital? This is all that is left that is safe for our families?"

Then they bomb the hospital of grieving mothers, wounded children and the only doctors available in the onslaught.
    My God, we must apprehend these leaders, who don't have the sense of peace in their blood, heart, mind, or soul, if they have one.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

avid (25th July 2014), ktlight (25th July 2014), panopticon (25th July 2014), spiritwind (25th July 2014), syrwong (24th July 2014), Tesseract (24th July 2014), Tyy1907 (25th July 2014)

26. Link to Post #216
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Beith Hanoun looked like literal cornering today (see upper right):

Image from 2009 (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...214857269.html)

People who were hiding in a school (of which GPS coordinates were handed to Israeli government by UN) in awaital of a solution for safe shelter were simply bombed.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

spiritwind (25th July 2014)

28. Link to Post #217
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

It's so hard when you talk to people about this Gaza affair. You get the "what can we do" vibe from them, as if they're utterly powerless to do a thing about it. Denial can be ugly.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

avid (25th July 2014), ktlight (25th July 2014)

30. Link to Post #218
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    It's so hard when you talk to people about this Gaza affair. You get the "what can we do" vibe from them, as if they're utterly powerless to do a thing about it. Denial can be ugly.
    What do you propose... ?

31. Link to Post #219
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Peoples lives are being used as a political bargaining chip, cynical yes, but no doubt true.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

33. Link to Post #220
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    What do you propose... ?

This just came in via email from a friend of mine.
    Sounds like a good plan to me...do what Kennedy did with the Cuban missile crisis...end the blockade.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...MCNEWEML6619I2
    There could be peace between Israel and Gaza Palestinians if Israel ended their blockade of Gaza. A blockade is an act of war, recognized internationally.
    The US in the Cuban Missile crisis, called their blockade a "quarantine" for legal and other reasons. Level heads finally prevailed and Kennedy ended the blockade ("quarantine") on November 20th, 1962, saving the world from a nuclear war.
    From Wikipedia: "The confrontation ended on October 28, 1962,[7] when Kennedy and United Nations Secretary-General U Thant reached an agreement with Khrushchev. Publicly, the Soviets would dismantle their offensive weapons in Cuba and return them to the Soviet Union, subject to United Nations verification, in exchange for a US public declaration and agreement never to invade Cuba. Secretly, the US also agreed that it would dismantle all US-built Jupiter IRBMs, armed with nuclear warheads, which were deployed in Turkey and Italy against the Soviet Union."
    I know Israel doesn't normally respect the UN (they just shelled one of their schools), but maybe Israel should use the UN. Kennedy did.
    Warm peaceful wishes,
    Samuel

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 11 14 LastLast