+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Venice Beach - Man dies after lightning strikes 13 people

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,255 times in 763 posts

Default Venice Beach - Man dies after lightning strikes 13 people

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...-venice-beach/

This is very bizarre. Also, a man was struck on Catalina Island, and several brush fires started up there due to lightning strikes. Thoughts, anyone?

Quote A man in his 20s was killed after lightning struck 13 people Sunday at Venice Beach in Southern California, according to news reports.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main told The Washington Post that during a thunderstorm witnesses heard a loud thunder clap and saw lightning strike Venice Beach.

People who were there said, “It sounded like a sonic boom” and “The whole place shook.” One said, “We got zapped” and another claimed, “My hair was standing up.”

Those injured at the beach were either in or near the water, Main said. Their injuries ranged from two cardiac arrests to anxiety.

After the lightning strike, lifeguards started searching for a swimmer who went missing in the water. Steve Christensen said his friend, who had been body-surfing, helped the lifeguards search. “He was face down on the bottom,” Christensen told the Associated Press.

The man was pulled from the water 90 minutes later, given CPR and transported to a local hospital in critical condition, KABC-TV reported. He died from his injuries. Authorities have not released his name.

A body-boarder was luckier.

Paul Dionne told KCAL9 he was in the water when lightning hit. “The next thing I know I was trying to get my head above the water for air,” he said.

His partner, Jose Mendoza, told the station he was just a few yards away.

“He was on his face, we kind of carried him. He was like you know really heavy and he wasn’t cooperating with us,” Mendoza said. “He was speaking, but we didn’t know what he was saying. He was asking me what happened.”

A total of seven adults and a 15-year-old were transported to local hospitals. One was in grave condition, one was in critical condition and six were in fair condition, Main said.

Stuart Acher told KABC-TV he was playing volleyball on the beach when “all of a sudden, there was a big flash of light and a boom, and it felt like someone punched me in the back of my head.”

“It went down my whole side of my right body, and my calves sort of locked up, and I fell over,” he said. “I looked up and everybody else was, you know, falling over.”

On Catalina Island, about 40 miles away, lightning struck a 57-year-old man and ignited several brush fires.

The man did not suffer life-threatening injuries and was listed in stable condition, Sgt. Robert Berardi of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department told the Los Angeles Times.
    Last edited by cursichella1; 28th July 2014 at 21:00.
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (28th July 2014), spiritguide (28th July 2014), Sunny-side-up (29th July 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Default Re: Venice Beach - Man dies after lightning strikes 13 people

Better to pay attention to mother nature. She is gonna be striking back. IMHO
    Last edited by spiritguide; 29th July 2014 at 12:50.
    Perceive beyond the box!

" A warm handshake and a smile will lift more people than any elevator in the world. " - L. Hamel

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

cursichella1 (29th July 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

People are struck by lightning often enough that it is not an unusual or odd event.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (29th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,255 times in 763 posts

Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    People are struck by lightning often enough that it is not an unusual or odd event.
    Maybe worldwide or Colorado it's like that, but L.A. beach cities, never anything quite like this.
    Last edited by cursichella1; 29th July 2014 at 05:49.
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (29th July 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

when lighting is seen , that's when you leave the beach ... what in the world were they thinking ??? lightning does strike twice in the same place , energy can do whatever it wants , whenever it wants , how ever it wants ... Hello earth people , Learn to respect Nature's Energy ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

cursichella1 (29th July 2014), spiritguide (29th July 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Struck by lightning 7 times!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Sullivan
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

+ Reply to Thread