+ Reply to Thread

Thread: William Buhlman on OBEs at Monroe Institute Professional Seminar 2014

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

Default William Buhlman on OBEs at Monroe Institute Professional Seminar 2014

Much more intrinsic than having OBEs is breaking the barriers we create by what we accept and believe in our lives.

Quote Published on May 2, 2014

William Buhlman, best-selling author, teacher, and leading expert on the subject of out-of-body experiences, presented the keynote address at the 2014 Professional Seminar at The Monroe Institute.

He described how OBEs can prepare us for an enlightened transition and why self-initiated OBEs are a direct and powerful spiritual path. He also explored an overview of the many methods available to effectively initiate OBEs and navigate the nonphysical realities.

William's forty years of extensive personal out-of-body explorations give him a unique and thought-provoking insight into this subject. His first book, Adventures Beyond the Body, chronicles his personal journey of self-discovery through out-of-body travel, and provides the reader with the preparation and techniques that can be used for their own adventure.

He conducts an in-depth six-day workshop titled, Out-of-Body Exploration Intensive at The Monroe Institute. As a certified hypnotherapist, William incorporates various methods, including hypnosis, Hemi-Sync®, visualization and meditation techniques in his workshops to explore the profound nature of out-of-body experiences and the benefits of accelerated personal development.

William is best known for his ability to teach people how to have profound spiritual adventures through the use of out-of-body experiences. In addition, he has developed an extensive series of audio programs designed to expand awareness and assist in the exploration of consciousness.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Amer (29th July 2014), Ascension (13th September 2014), giovonni (29th July 2014), Hazel (29th July 2014), Joy_P (30th July 2014), mab777 (29th July 2014), meat suit (29th July 2014), NancyV (13th September 2014), Rollo (29th July 2014), sdv (29th July 2014), Star Tsar (30th July 2014), Violet (29th July 2014), wnlight (30th July 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Thumbs up Re: William Buhlman on OBEs at Monroe Institute Professional Seminar 2014

thanks for sharing ...

i have come to look at my OB experiences as a kind of evening at the theater ...

you never know what lies behind those curtains ...

but afterwards i am always left wanting more ...

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: William Buhlman on OBEs at Monroe Institute Professional Seminar 2014

Thanks for sharing Gio.
    I am new to any interest in OBE but IMO this whole EVERYTHING we are is learning by being...being physical is embedded in being nonphysical I have NO doubt. And that this world is an illusion is WONDERFUL.

I am so interested in what Buhlman has to say that I am listening to this interview and IMO he is affirming that we are just the ones I always have believed. Love, Maggie

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Elainie (30th July 2014), giovonni (29th July 2014), NancyV (13th September 2014), sdv (29th July 2014), Star Tsar (30th July 2014), wnlight (30th July 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Default Re: William Buhlman on OBEs at Monroe Institute Professional Seminar 2014

Hello Delight, have you listened to anything by Tom Campbell? I first found out about OBEs by listening to him, one of the original students of Monroe. He also gave one of the keynote talks for the Monroe Institute. I'm slowly trying to get through his trilogy tome 'My Big Toe' ( theory of everything ). Being a physicist, he probably has a slightly different slant compared to Buhlman, to whom I'm listening at the moment- thanks- I'm unfamiliar with his material, but he sounds interesting.

Thomas Campbell at Calgary University 2012

https://youtube.com/user/twcjr44
    Know Thyself

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amer For This Post:

Delight (29th July 2014), Elainie (30th July 2014), meat suit (29th July 2014), NancyV (13th September 2014), sdv (29th July 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amer (here)
    Hello Delight, have you listened to anything by Tom Campbell? I first found out about OBEs by listening to him, one of the original students of Monroe. He also gave one of the keynote talks for the Monroe Institute. I'm slowly trying to get through his trilogy tome 'My Big Toe' ( theory of everything ). Being a physicist, he probably has a slightly different slant compared to Buhlman, to whom I'm listening at the moment- thanks- I'm unfamiliar with his material, but he sounds interesting.

Thomas Campbell at Calgary University 2012

https://youtube.com/user/twcjr44
    Thanks for bringing up Tom Campbell (TC). From what little I know of Tom Campbell, William Buhlman and actually Abraham Hicks and Bashar....we are on a never ending and always beginning every moment EXPERIENCE. What we do in that experience is our own to choose and we have just started in kindergarten (TC says that over and over).

Being that I do not have to pretend that I am wiser than a beginner, I feel such relief and freedom and opportunity. The feeling is rejoice full for me to contemplate that all human paradigms are flawed and that the VOID (the zero point) is where we begin again and again to clear the slate. I was jaw dropped to consider that my POWER is to clear the slate. Forgiveness is the power to let go of the grasped conception that holds me like a TAR Baby. We can "go where we never went before" but new must be unfamiliar and change seems scary. To become changing beings is a big leap and has to be an Unknown or it is where we went already. I appreciate that NOW is where we ready ourselves and that means responsibility is ours to use now and now and now...

IMO these ideas speak to me about the elegance of the whole and honestly I am very glad to be a novice and give up striving to prove I know any thing. Still, the ideas are thrilling. The deep consciousness structure that is WE having a characterization here in form is beautiful to think about. To use Gio's metaphor of a stage, there is a stage and there are the appearances and there is all that is happening behind the scenes that we MAY (if we are willing) begin to see.

It is multidimensional and it is ALL us and we are paradox itself when trying to see all sides all at the same time but everything in LOVE FITS!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

NancyV (13th September 2014), wnlight (30th July 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have a problem with discussing OBE's which I have mentioned before, and that is for me it is not all cut and dried. It is not really different seperate states that are clearly defined, and I suspect that some people who say that they are, are phonies, they are catering to what people want to hear, not that I am including or naming anybody, it's just a generalised statement.
    Sometimes the things you see are an amalgm of different things from your past or your present, sometimes they are mixed with feelings from times in your life. I find it very,very hard to seperate lucid dreaming, ordinary dreaming and astral travel.........I have been to different places which could very plausibly be described as other worlds or maybe better as different dimensions.
    I have been attacked by creatures some hard to describe.......all of the things that I have written could be down to a different state of consciousness as equally as going to a different place. So all I'm saying is don't dismiss anything, but don't accept everything that others say.
    " Don't rub an elephant in the same place for too long, but don't be surprised by a real Dragon"

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aheb For This Post:

Delight (29th July 2014), DNA (30th July 2014), NancyV (13th September 2014), pabranno (29th July 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (29th July 2014), sdv (29th July 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Quote Posted by aheb (here)
    I have a problem with discussing OBE's which I have mentioned before, and that is for me it is not all cut and dried. It is not really different seperate states that are clearly defined, and I suspect that some people who say that they are, are phonies, they are catering to what people want to hear, not that I am including or naming anybody, it's just a generalised statement.
    Sometimes the things you see are an amalgm of different things from your past or your present, sometimes they are mixed with feelings from times in your life. I find it very,very hard to seperate lucid dreaming, ordinary dreaming and astral travel.........I have been to different places which could very plausibly be described as other worlds or maybe better as different dimensions.
    I have been attacked by creatures some hard to describe.......all of the things that I have written could be down to a different state of consciousness as equally as going to a different place. So all I'm saying is don't dismiss anything, but don't accept everything that others say.
    " Don't rub an elephant in the same place for too long, but don't be surprised by a real Dragon"
    I have never experienced OBE in an awake state (only in dreams), but perhaps the test is if you can move through physical barriers and transport yourself to other places and then confirm that you can report on what you have witnessed without any communication in any other way (so you would not have not known unless you were there to witness it).

Try it for yourself before debunking it?

Yes, perhaps most reported OBE experiences are vivid imagination, but that does not mean that all OBE experiences are a product of vivid imagination, yet, paradoxically, all OBE experiences are a product of the imagination.

We can stay within our beliefs (including our herd beliefs), explore within them, venture beyond them ... we can even argue why our beliefs should dominate others' beliefs, but I don't think we should ever negate and try to destroy others' beliefs. What we experience is according to our beliefs.

The only authentic experience is your own, and that personal experience may be trapped in a belief system that you are not even conscious of. However, our only truth is our own. Listening to others' experiences gives us the opportunity to extend beyond our own beliefs and try to experiences something else.

Have you ever had any kind of OBE experience? What was that experience?
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Delight (29th July 2014), DNA (30th July 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Have you ever had any kind of OBE experience? What was that experience? .............................do you mean me? if so yes, many and varied, but read my post........i can speak further, but it is part of much more, strange con incidences etc......but OBE stand on their own pretty much.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to aheb For This Post:

Delight (29th July 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aheb
    I have never had an OBE, but have listened extensively to Campbell talk about his experiences.

Is it possible that when you say you have been attacked by creatures, they are not instead manifestations from your own internal fears?
    Know Thyself

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Amer For This Post:

Delight (30th July 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,957 times in 4,333 posts

I have no problem with astral projection. I've done it a couple of times on accident, but it was brief, momentary and not controlled.

I have a question. A question about thinking I understand astral projection to a degree. So, I'm going to just state what I have to state and hope for some clarification.

We all astral project when we dream at night. Right?
    We go into a shared reality called the astral plane, or whatever folks want to call it and we experience things a tad different.

Now, from what I understand, the TRUE definition of astral projection is leaving one's body and not going to astral plane, but instead staying here and seeing our world for what it is.

If this is indeed the case, and it can be performed on command as some folks state they can. Shouldn't this be the most easy of all psychic phenomenon to substantiate through the scientific method?
    The only cases I have heard where upon some one has left their body and reported objects,conversations, etc that they could not have seen due to their body not being capable of witnessing said events is during a Near Death Experience or NDE for short.

Why do we not see evidence as profound as in a NDE when talking about substantiating out of body experiences?
    The best NDE documented of all time is the NDE of Pam Reynolds, see below.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Delight (30th July 2014), NancyV (13th September 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

quote I have never had an OBE, but have listened extensively to Campbell talk about his experiences.

Is it possible that when you say you have been attacked by creatures, they are not instead manifestations from your own internal fears?

Yes that is entirely possible. I don't try to define what an OBE is. It is a subjective experience generally. I have heard other people give their definitions, but they seldom tally with what I have experienced.
    In the last dream that I had I was attacked by what I thought was my dog, but it wasn't. there was another much larger type wolf and then I found a horrible slug like thing which I threw out the room that I was in.
    These could all be dreams, lucid dreams.........or astral projection. Certainly they are all to do with consciousness, they have a " feel" to them. Maybe they surface as unresolved issues in my own life, who knows. Once I saw my dead grandfather in the astral just after he had passed, and a cousin, but the experiences were different one from the other.
    I write about this so other people who have experienced similar things know what they are, not everybody can willfully astral travel or control lucid dreams, same as with meditation, not everyone feels the same thing, and not everytime.
    If you look at my other thread
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...rofit-and-gain
    you can see that I am honestly seeking stuff, and I have come across some fakers in the past.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to aheb For This Post:

Delight (30th July 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Imagine if you will the day we teach this to our children? The benefits to our species would be countless...
    Thanks to Project Avalon, Will Buhlman & you Delight my first foray into the astral WILL be unlimited & enlightened!
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Delight (30th July 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Ascension's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 times in 201 posts

Was wondering about something Buhlman discussed about the idea that you should be able to be conscious at the time of your death so you can direct yourself to your higher self now, allowing you to bypass the consensus territory upon transfer of consciousness. Is that specifically for helping incapacitated loved ones to pass over the astral plane? I cannot imagine that Buhlman has any fears that he cannot direct himself to his higher self after death and yet he talks about it from his perspective of having control of his moment of death.
    Last edited by Ascension; 13th September 2014 at 22:08.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ascension For This Post:

meat suit (14th September 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I do not think he is afraid and is just saying the more we practice a conscious plan, the easier it will be to remain lucid. To have allies at death helps (like what if one was unconscious or in extreme pain?) and the tapes and affirmations, music and all reinforce the intention.

Being conscious about what is occurring at the death transition is, as he stated, the same as the Tibetan preparations but couched in new language. He seems to be saying going to one's higher self is the high state that breaks through the consensus reality.

We can help loved ones by beginning to be willing to talk about death, challenge the beliefs systems like heaven hell and create a conscious plan. We also need to anticipate and plan for ourselves. His experience of the astral realms means he has seen the consensus realities where individuals are still unaware the beliefs they hold creates the experience. We each have the challenge to create increased consciousness of what is happening at every step of life.

If people have no clue about the death transition, are afraid and pumped full of mind altering drugs,the "control" capacity is low. I hear him just recommending what he considers vitally important from his experience traveling. The consensus levels of the astral plane are NOT the destination he plans to head towards.

"It's about trying to take as much control of your personal reality (as possible) at every step of your life. Every step including that step.....Because death is just the beginning....just the beginning of our journey. That's what's amazing.... It's wild. It's exciting because we continue and only we create the limits. So, it means there are no limits. It's important that we begin to accknowldedge it and don't allow anyone, Don't Allow Anyone to block these transitional moments for you. Pick allies, have strong allies, instruct them...."

For those who did not listen to the OP video, at 1:00:00 hear William's advice for an enlightened transition - create an Action Plan for death now.
    http://youtu.be/ZlZNmwCD1pA?t=1h
    Last edited by Delight; 13th September 2014 at 19:22.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Ascension (13th September 2014), NancyV (13th September 2014), Wind (14th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread