Thread: The Raw Food Thread!

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

Default Re: The Raw Food Thread!

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)
    I disagree with you on this Pris, we do need salt! Sure, not table salt which is mostly bad for you, and not a lot of it, but we do need it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...salt-myth.aspx
    Noooo.... not Dr.Mercola! Not to be trusted. That site is known to put out misinformation. It's the old 80/20 bait 'n' switch. They put out 80% fact (to lure you in) and 20% fiction (to keep you diseased).

This is the same site that says drinking distilled water causes early death -- a blatant lie.

When studying a subject like 'salt', I do what I can to get my information from as many different sources as possible. Be aware of bias -- anyone who stands to profit from the information they put out/ties to the pharmaceutical industry.

The lies are rampant because so much profit is made from keeping us sick.
    Hi,

So what are your other sources that contradict what Dr Mercola is saying about himalayen salt?

2. Link to Post #22
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

(source: the raw chef)

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Himalayan Salt is what I use. Regular rock salt is equally good. I don't recommend going without salt for too long, took me a while to rebuild my digestion after I went no salt for several months.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (30th July 2014)

5. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,546 times in 20,693 posts

I love Real Salt, which is taken from ancient minerals beds in Utah.
    It's full of minerals, which most in the US don't get nearly enough of. I think that kind of salt, and Himalayan salt, Celtic Salt, are fine.
    A lot of the salt craving that people experience is for want of sufficient minerals, imho; table salt and even what is labelled "sea salt" is too processed to be healthy.

The whole controversy about distilled water rages on, but as far as I can see, no one has been able to prove that it's superior.
    From what I've read, structured water seems to be the best.
    The most health giving waters historically seem to come from parts of the earth where the energy grids are especially strong, or where the mineral content is especially efficacious, or where it's naturally "structured" as glacial waters are.

To imply that being 80% right and 20% wrong makes you a disinfo agent is a very broad, sweeping statement that doesn't take into account many other factors, such as what one's motivations are, whether one is just in a learning process, and whether one is simply human and capable of error.
    Frankly, dissing Dr. Mercola makes me more suspicious of what the dissenters motivations are....
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Blacklight43 (13th September 2014), Elainie (30th July 2014), NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (30th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

I agree with Daniel Vitalis when it comes to water http://www.danielvitalis.com/blog/20...r-water-part-1

Mercola is far from a disinfo agent, he has his own opinions true, but so does everyone else out there promoting what they think as far as their own research in terms of health. That's my opinion based on my friendship with his girlfriend.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (30th July 2014), onawah (30th July 2014)

9. Link to Post #26
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

I disagree with you on this Pris, we do need salt! Sure, not table salt which is mostly bad for you, and not a lot of it, but we do need it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...salt-myth.aspx
    Noooo.... not Dr.Mercola! Not to be trusted. That site is known to put out misinformation. It's the old 80/20 bait 'n' switch. They put out 80% fact (to lure you in) and 20% fiction (to keep you diseased).

This is the same site that says drinking distilled water causes early death -- a blatant lie.

When studying a subject like 'salt', I do what I can to get my information from as many different sources as possible. Be aware of bias -- anyone who stands to profit from the information they put out/ties to the pharmaceutical industry.

I'd agree with Pris. I really try and minimise my non-organic minerals. Salt is just dissolved rock. It is addictive. I drink distilled waters and re-energise my distilled water from my machine. I no longer add sea minerals back to my water. Now I add fulvic minerals back to some of my distilled water, which are more bio-available. Live raw food is the way to go to get those minerals in bio-available way. I drink quite a bit of urine details at this thread.
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

Some testimonials of my distant healing

Some amazing threads worth checking out to get health back on track, stay balanced and thrive..

Gall Bladder AND Liver flushing
    Taking the Piss Your Own Perfect Medicine

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

Elainie (1st August 2014), Pris (1st August 2014)

11. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

Take stalks of celery, chop them up and lay them on dehydrator tray. Dehydrate until dry. Grind. Voila- salt. When I first got off salt (yes the pink Himalayan stuff I was addicted to) I found it helpful.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Pris (2nd August 2014)

13. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by blake (here)

Hi,

So what are your other sources that contradict what Dr Mercola is saying about himalayen salt?
    Quote Posted by Connecting with Sauce (here)

I'd agree with Pris. I really try and minimise my non-organic minerals. Salt is just dissolved rock. It is addictive. I drink distilled waters and re-energise my distilled water from my machine. I no longer add sea minerals back to my water. Now I add fulvic minerals back to some of my distilled water, which are more bio-available. Live raw food is the way to go to get those minerals in bio-available way. I drink quite a bit of urine details at this thread.
    Part of how I learned that salt may not be all it's cracked up to be was from the teachings of Andrew Norton Webber. At the time, I had no interest in salt per se. I was interested in distilled waters.

Here's his site:
    http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/

Here's a great interview with Andrew Norton Webber and Lisa Harrison:

There are many other sources that contradict what Dr. Mercola is saying about Himalayan salt (or any inorganic salt). It wasn't so much about that. I just knew he lied about distilled waters -- which is bad enough.

Again, I do my best to watch out for any kind of bias when I study these subjects (salt, distilled waters etc). For me, that means questioning everyone -- in particular those who stand to profit greatly from what they are saying. I can't stress that point enough.

After all, everyone requires good health. Profiting from peoples' diseases is such an hypocrisy.

Actually, profiting for any reason is wrong, IMO, but that's another subject.

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ERK (here)
    Take stalks of celery, chop them up and lay them on dehydrator tray. Dehydrate until dry. Grind. Voila- salt. When I first got off salt (yes the pink Himalayan stuff I was addicted to) I found it helpful.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...f-the-sea.html

Maybe this too ?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by blake (here)

Hi,

Part of how I learned that salt may not be all it's cracked up to be was from the teachings of Andrew Norton Webber. At the time, I had no interest in salt per se. I was interested in distilled waters.

Here's his site:
    http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/

Here's a great interview with Andrew Norton Webber and Lisa Harrison:

There are many other sources that contradict what Dr. Mercola is saying about Himalayan salt (or any inorganic salt). It wasn't so much about that. I just knew he lied about distilled waters -- which is bad enough.

Again, I do my best to watch out for any kind of bias when I study these subjects (salt, distilled waters etc). For me, that means questioning everyone -- in particular those who stand to profit greatly from what they are saying. I can't stress that point enough.

After all, everyone requires good health. Profiting from peoples' diseases is such an hypocrisy.

Actually, profiting for any reason is wrong, IMO, but that's another subject.
    Andrew NW, Dave Murphy and myself did an evening of talks in London a couple of years ago.
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

Some amazing threads worth checking out to get health back on track, stay balanced and thrive..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

Pris (2nd August 2014)

16. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Andrew NW, Dave Murphy and myself did an evening of talks in London a couple of years ago.
    That's..... AWESOME!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Connecting with Sauce (2nd August 2014)

18. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

This was posted by Andrew Norton Webber about salt.... On Facebook.

Good luck to you, it's very tough to do. It's as addictive as cocaine. Salt uses the same pleasure pathways as narcotics to travel around your brain.

And yes, its hard not to protect things you like. I am addicted to salt too, but I at least want to face myself with the truth. Only then, can I even begin to have a hope of making the right decisions.

From Donny Daigle: "Salt addiction, similar to cocaine addiction...?
    This article is still pro-salt; some facts & details appear to be given 'spin' in salt's favor..
    But they do give us a clear indication of just how addictive salt can be."

http://atheistuniverse.net/group/the...nd-salt-cravin
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

Pris (2nd August 2014)

20. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

This was posted by Andrew Norton Webber about salt.... On Facebook.

Good luck to you, it's very tough to do. It's as addictive as cocaine. Salt uses the same pleasure pathways as narcotics to travel around your brain.

And yes, its hard not to protect things you like. I am addicted to salt too, but I at least want to face myself with the truth. Only then, can I even begin to have a hope of making the right decisions.

From Donny Daigle: "Salt addiction, similar to cocaine addiction...?
    This article is still pro-salt; some facts & details appear to be given 'spin' in salt's favor..
    But they do give us a clear indication of just how addictive salt can be."

http://atheistuniverse.net/group/the...nd-salt-cravin
    Thank you for this! Wow, no wonder it's a hard habit to kick!

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

That's..... AWESOME!!!
    If you're in the UK, you may be interested in this

http://www.thewatersoflifegathering.org/
    John Shore

CWSauce

My new website
    www.HealingShores.com

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

Pris (2nd August 2014)

23. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Just want to point out that salt is important for the digestion, having been on almost every kind of raw food diet I know this from personal experience:

Quote We need adequate amounts of chloride to produce hydrochloric acid. The best source of chloride is salt. There is very little available from any other foods (just a trace in celery and coconut.) People who are on salt restricted diets end up with hypochlorhydria and compromised digestion.
    Source: http://www.narryecaldwell.com/2010/0...our-digestion/

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

NancyV (26th September 2014), onawah (3rd August 2014), StandingWave (26th September 2014), Swan (26th September 2014)

25. Link to Post #35
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's..... AWESOME!!!
    If you're in the UK, you may be interested in this

http://www.thewatersoflifegathering.org/
    Oh, I wish I could go! But, I don't see myself visiting the UK any time soon. It looks like it will be a fantastic event!

I'm thrilled to see awareness pick up!

26. Link to Post #36
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

On Monday I will start a fully raw food diet, it's got to the point of, I have had enough of this now and am going to try and do something about it with extreme changes in my diet (not just MMS, so MMS plus raw food diet, and positive thinking, etc, lets see if this works, it will, it will, it will).

27. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

I've recently started preparing my own coconut milk. It's so easy and works out about a fifth of the price of the pre-packaged version in the local health food shop:

- take a whole coconut and drain the coconut nectar out

- break open, remove the flesh and slice sufficiently so as not to destroy your blender

- place in the blender, add 1 litre of water and blend for about a minute

- sieve and compress through a cheese cloth

- leave to settle and then skim off the excess coconut fat/oil which can then be used for cooking (sometimes i don't bother with this stage for an extra creamy milk)

- add another 0.5 litres of water, 3 teaspoons of sugar and around 1/3 teaspoon salt (Himalayan in my case) to taste (optional but essential to my taste buds in their current state of addiction haha)

Hazelnuts are extremely reasonably priced in Hungary so I often make hazelnut milk too. Basically it's a similar process to the coconut milk but with 125 grams of nuts per litre. Again season as much or as little as you want.
    Soaking the nuts overnight is preferable from a digestion POV and if I can be bothered to the remove the skins, I boil them for a minute in water and a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda and then quench them in cold water. This makes them much easier to skin, but technically I guess they are then no longer raw.
    TBH most commercially available nuts will have been steamed before sale - a continued bone of contention within the raw community.
    Last edited by Akasha; 12th September 2014 at 09:18.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Agape (12th September 2014), NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (12th September 2014), Pris (12th September 2014), Wind (12th September 2014)

29. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,364 times in 4,613 posts

The original raw food recipe : Forget about food . When you get too hungry grab whatever they have and run ...

PS: Cures also : indigestion, arthritis , osteoporosis, heartburn , psoriasis , various allergies .
    Last edited by Agape; 12th September 2014 at 09:35.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (12th September 2014), Pris (12th September 2014)

31. Link to Post #39
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

32. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

On Monday I will start a fully raw food diet, it's got to the point of, I have had enough of this now and am going to try and do something about it with extreme changes in my diet (not just MMS, so MMS plus raw food diet, and positive thinking, etc, lets see if this works, it will, it will, it will).
    Amethyst,

my partner and I thought just as you did before starting a raw food diet a few years ago - which we truly believed was the natural diet for all healthy animals. We did all the reading and research and took the plunge. We lasted 14 months and we just got so very sick.

All the raw foodies will assure you that this is just a 'healing crisis' that will pass if you endure it long enough. We have come to realise this is purely wishful thinking. Perhaps we overdid the nuts and seeds but then what else can you eat for protein and fat while keeping it raw? Luckily we were saved by Kim Greenhouse of 'It's Rainmaking Time!' who interviewed Robb Wolf, William Davis and Ray Peat.

Combined, these interviews should open a road to recovery for most people. They recommend a diet that uses the following ratios: 70% saturated animal fats: 20% animal protein: 10% carbohydrates as measured by calories.

We have additionally removed all seeds, nuts and grains from our diet based on the knowledge about unsaturated fats that Ray Peat shares in his excellent articles on his personal website.

We have regained health, libido, muscle tone, strength and stamina on this regimen. We never suffer hunger pangs nor do we leave a meal feeling unsatisfied anymore. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I expect all the vegans, vegetarians and raw foodists will pounce on this communication and proceed to make a substantial fuss.

I will not be defending these statements against the inevitable clamour of objections.

Remember it is your body and your health. You owe yourself the knowledge to make informed decisions.

From my own research I have come to know that diet is the least understood, most emotionally charged subject and the most powerful and effective means of controlling the human population ever devised. All the 'healthy' alternatives, all the 'spiritual' and 'compassionate' arguments for raw, vegan and vegetarian are carefully structured to trap those that fall for them in ill health and rapid onset ageing, from which the monsters that run the show profit obscenely in coin and influence.

The very best of luck on your road to recovery.

Stay uninformed at your peril!
    Last edited by StandingWave; 26th September 2014 at 08:43. Reason: Hypertext link needed fixing
    "There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." R. Buckminster Fuller

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StandingWave For This Post:

NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (26th September 2014), Rich (26th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast