+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: The Raw Food Thread!

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Default The Raw Food Thread!

I was just watching one of my videos and felt inspired to eat more raw food again, lol

I made this video 2 years ago (I'm a bit fatter now, lol, but I like it...mostly...)...it was such a tasty curry, definitely my fave dish when I was on a 30 day raw food diet...I'd like to eat more raw food (not totally always...) and generally healthier...

Does anyone here eat a total or mostly raw food diet?

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,984 times in 2,989 posts

Default Re: The Raw Food Thread!

Love raw foods. It's all about the enzymes and biophotons (living essence and power of the Sun).
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Natalia (29th July 2014), Pam (23rd March 2015), Pris (29th July 2014), RunningDeer (30th July 2014), Sunny-side-up (30th July 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 587 posts

I'm one who eats a predominantly raw/livings foods diet. At night depending upon season I like some cooked veggies or cooked veggie soup and certain foods need to be cooked IMO such as medicinal mushrooms like maiitake, shiitake etc; which I feel are a beneficial part of my diet. In summer I tend to eat all raw and make raw soups at night along with a salad or more elaborate dish. Daytime is usually veggie juices, raw coconut yogurt, layered chia *parfaits* with fruit, a piece of fruit or two in season etc;

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

ElfeMya (27th September 2014), Natalia (29th July 2014), Pris (29th July 2014), Rich (29th July 2014), RunningDeer (30th July 2014), Sunny-side-up (30th July 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,872 times in 764 posts

Been raw too for some years still eat a decent amount of raw esp raw milk and a lot of fruits, eggs sometimes too but I'm vegetarian so no more meat.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Abhaya (29th July 2014), ElfeMya (27th September 2014), Natalia (29th July 2014), RunningDeer (30th July 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,794 times in 708 posts

Looks deeelish! I don't eat enough raw foods and I know I should lol. It's absolutely the way to go for health. Cooking really does destroy the food.

If I can make any suggestions, I wouldn't use sea salt or any salt for that matter for health concerns (salt being an inorganic mineral). I shamefully admit that I still use condiments (with salt) -- like organic soy sauce, organic ketchup and so on, tsk tsk.

Also, for water I suggest only using the purest water. I only use distilled water myself.

Great video and thanks for sharing!

9. Link to Post #6
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    Looks deeelish! I don't eat enough raw foods and I know I should lol. It's absolutely the way to go for health. Cooking really does destroy the food
    Me too! lol. Cooking can also destroy (somewhat) the taste, it's amazing how tasty some raw food meals are.

If I can make any suggestions, I wouldn't use sea salt or any salt for that matter for health concerns (salt being an inorganic mineral). I shamefully admit that I still use condiments (with salt) -- like organic soy sauce, organic ketchup and so on, tsk tsk.!
    Since then I have used mostly pink Himalayan sea salt at home, which seems like the healthiest salt...I love my salt! hehe I could do with cutting it down a bit, though, true...I say it's ok to have a little of those foods that you stated, and at least they are organic! To me, trying to have the perfect diet takes the fun out of it (though some may enjoy it!)

Great video and thanks for sharing!
    Thank you

¤=[Post Update]=¤

oh my...*mouth waters*

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,872 times in 764 posts

Salt is healthy and needed by the body, but make sure there is nothing added to it, here in Germany they often add (artificial) iodine and fluoride which are toxic.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Natalia (30th July 2014)

12. Link to Post #8
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Salt is healthy and needed by the body, but make sure there is nothing added to it, here in Germany they often add (artificial) iodine and fluoride which are toxic.
    Yeah, it is needed, what salt do you use?

13. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)
    Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    Yeah, it is needed, what salt do you use?
    I would suggest studying the difference between organic and inorganic minerals and how the body deals with both.

Also, study the pros and cons of salt in the body.

Once you've done that, then decide if you still want salt in your diet. Salt is highly overrated, addictive, and actually not necessary in the body (other than what I imagine to be naturally occurring salts in fruits and vegetables). Salt causes premature aging among other things.

Please note that I have NOT yet 'shaken' (lol) salt out of my diet completely. It really is addictive. If you MUST have some (while you wean yourself off it hehe), I'd say stick with your sea salt (it's much 'healthier' than table salt relatively speaking). As I've mentioned, I still ingest salt from the condiments I eat which I know is really, really baaad for me.

The less salt you eat, the less you'll crave it, and the more you'll enjoy the subtle flavours of food the way nature intended -- without anything added.

I know I'm working on it.

14. Link to Post #10
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I disagree with you on this Pris, we do need salt! Sure, not table salt which is mostly bad for you, and not a lot of it, but we do need it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...salt-myth.aspx

15. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,267 times in 13,269 posts

I use Himalayan Salt. For the rest, I use sea salt for pressed vegetables, lacto-fermented vegetables, and the crock pot for sauerkraut. For pressed vegetables I'll change it up and use Bragg's apple cider vinegar with sea salt.

These are some of my note on Himalayan Salt. At the bottom, "Why Table Salt is Inferior".

10 Amazing Benefits of Pink (Himalayan) Salt

Why Pink? 

The many hues of pink, red and white are an indication of this salt’s rich and varying mineral and energy-rich iron content.

Benefits

In the same manner that vitamins and minerals are perfectly packaged in fruits and vegetables, because this salt was formed naturally the minerals within the sodium work in synergy.

(Synergy is the interaction of multiple elements in a system to produce an effect different from or greater than the sum of their individual effects.)

Iodine- Natural salts are rich in iodine, so it doesn’t need to be artificially added in.

Packs a hearty 80+ minerals and elements - Himalayan salts are mineral packed crystals which formed naturally within the earth made up of 85.62% sodium chloride and 14.38% other trace minerals including: sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium, and fluoride (in descending order of quantity).

Because of these minerals Himalayan pink salt can:
    • Create an electrolyte balance
    • Increases hydration
    • Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
    • Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
    • Prevent muscle cramping
    • Aid in proper metabolism functioning
    • Strengthen bones
    • Lower blood pressure
    • Help the intestines absorb nutrients
    • Prevent goiters
    • Improve circulation
    • Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins

It is even said to support libido, reduce the signs of aging, and detoxify the body from heavy metals.

Pink Salt vs. Sea Salt

Even though pink salts come from the mountains, they are technically sea salts as well. All salt comes from a salted body of water—namely, an ocean or salt-water lake. However, Himalayan salt is said to be the purest form of sea salt.

Why Table Salt is Inferior

Commercial refined salt is not only stripped of all its minerals, besides sodium and chloride, but is also chemically cleaned, bleached and heated at unnecessary high temperatures.
    In addition, it is treated with anti-caking agents which prevent salt from mixing with water in the salt container. These agents also prevent dissolving within our system leading to build up and then deposit in organs and tissue, causing severe health problems.

Finally, the iodine that is added into salt is usually synthetic which is difficult for your body to process properly. Shockingly under U.S. law, up to 2% of table salt can be additives.

Pressed Salad Benefits

For those unfamiliar with pressed vegetables, this is a photo off the web of a spring loaded pickle-press. Some add a plate on top of a bowl of vegetables and add more weigh like a large mason jar of water.

Many of the hard fibers in raw vegetables and fruits are difficult to digest and partial digestion prevents some of the nutrients in them from being absorbed by the body. Pressing the vegetables breaks down these fibers while causing a slight fermentation, which is believed to aid in digestion and possibly strengthen the body's natural immunities to sickness and disease.

<3

Last edited by RunningDeer; 30th July 2014 at 13:27.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

heyokah (30th July 2014), Natalia (30th July 2014), Pam (26th September 2014), TraineeHuman (30th July 2014)

17. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member lizfrench's Avatar
    Thanks

I was just watching one of my videos and felt inspired to eat more raw food again, lol

I made this video 2 years ago (I'm a bit fatter now, lol, but I like it...mostly...)...it was such a tasty curry, definitely my fave dish when I was on a 30 day raw food diet...I'd like to eat more raw food (not totally always...) and generally healthier...

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is a cojet, did I hear you say that? It is the green thing was you were holding that looks like a cucumber?

18. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 587 posts

Quote Posted by lizfrench (here)

I apologize for my ignorance, but what is a cojet, did I hear you say that? It is the green thing was you were holding that looks like a cucumber?
    Courgette is zucchini

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Natalia (30th July 2014)

20. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I disagree with you on this Pris, we do need salt! Sure, not table salt which is mostly bad for you, and not a lot of it, but we do need it.

Noooo.... not Dr.Mercola! Not to be trusted. That site is known to put out misinformation. It's the old 80/20 bait 'n' switch. They put out 80% fact (to lure you in) and 20% fiction (to keep you diseased).

This is the same site that says drinking distilled water causes early death -- a blatant lie.

When studying a subject like 'salt', I do what I can to get my information from as many different sources as possible. Be aware of bias -- anyone who stands to profit from the information they put out/ties to the pharmaceutical industry.

The lies are rampant because so much profit is made from keeping us sick.
    Last edited by Pris; 30th July 2014 at 02:59.

21. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,416 times in 10,937 posts

I beg to differ. Dr. Mercola has made incredible progress in the last few years, and has become more and more outspoken when it comes to natural healing vs Big Pharma, Big Ag, etc. and he is doing a lot of good.
    He has become a leading champion in many arenas including anti-vaccine, anti-fluoride, anti-GMOs to name just a few.
    His record may not be absolutely perfect, but it's close enough.
    Perhaps you are confusing him with Mike Adams of Natural News, whose record is mixed; though his start looked promising, he has become more and more of a loose cannon with time.
    There surely are lots of rampant lies out there, but Mercola is in the front lines when it come to exposing them.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BlueMuffin (18th August 2014), NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (30th July 2014), Pam (26th September 2014)

23. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I beg to differ. Dr. Mercola has made incredible progress in the last few years, and has become more and more outspoken when it comes to natural healing vs Big Pharma, Big Ag, etc. and he is doing a lot of good.
    He has become a leading champion in many arenas including anti-vaccine, anti-fluoride, anti-GMOs to name just a few.
    His record may not be absolutely perfect, but it's close enough.
    Perhaps you are confusing him with Mike Adams of Natural News, whose record is mixed; though his start looked promising, he has become more and more of a loose cannon with time.
    There surely are lots of rampant lies out there, but Mercola is in the front lines when it come to exposing them.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about -- 80% truth, 20% lies. Yes, yes, and yes about Dr. Mercola 'appearing' to go against Big Pharma -- anti-vaccine, anti-fluoride, anti-GMOs and so on. This is what I'm saying. You only need to lie a little bit to cause the largest harm -- you lie about a few fundamental things (like salt and water, for example) that can literally undo all the good the other stuff does. Keeping us sick couldn't be easier.

For me, water is a huge issue here when it comes to Dr. Mercola's credibility. It's probably the biggest issue, IMO. That's a deal-breaker which speaks volumes to Dr. Mercola's agenda (saying drinking distilled water causes early death).

If people drank pure water, they would improve their health immediately. We're mostly made up of water. But, it's not just any water. It's about the right kind of water -- pure water -- that's the closest thing to zero ppm. eg. rainwater. Drinking anything but pure water harms your health. They do not want you to know that, and they certainly do not want you entertaining the idea that you can greatly improve your health (reverse disease, reverse aging) simply by drinking pure water (all distilled waters).
    Last edited by Pris; 30th July 2014 at 06:30.

24. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,645 times in 3,742 posts

If people drank pure water, they would improve their health immediately. We're mostly made up of water. But, it's not just any water. It's about the right kind of water -- pure water -- that's the closest thing to zero ppm. eg. rainwater. Drinking anything but pure water harms your health. They do not want you to know that, and they certainly do not want you entertaining the idea that you can greatly improve your health (reverse disease, reverse aging) simply by drinking pure water (all distilled waters).
    I've been drinking nothing but distilled water for years and I feel great. What about minerals you say? I take "Dr. Scheussler's" minerals, ya know, the 6X pure organic cell salt minerals?

http://www.interfarfacing.com/12homeopBioSalts.htm

Pure distilled water is the best thing you can do for your health.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Pris (30th July 2014), Rich (30th July 2014)

26. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    I've been drinking nothing but distilled water for years and I feel great. What about minerals you say? I take "Dr. Scheussler's" minerals, ya know, the 6X pure organic cell salt minerals?

http://www.interfarfacing.com/12homeopBioSalts.htm

Pure distilled water is the best thing you can do for your health.
    Oh, goodie! Another distilled water drinker! I'm not too concerned about getting minerals per se. Everything you need is in raw fruits and veggies. And, those are the organic kinds of minerals which are found in plants -- the ones that the body can actually metabolize (as opposed to inorganic minerals, like in 'mountain spring water'). It really is simple -- just eat a piece of lettuce (make it dark green, not 'iceburg' lol) everyday and you're good to go.

My diet is really bad right now (in the middle of moving). But, I do add dried raw sea weed to meals all the time, ground flax, yeast flakes, and some oil (extra-virgin olive oil and/or coconut oil). I also like to soak seeds like whole, raw almonds and eat them like that. And, I avoid cooking veggies as often as possible.

I've been drinking distilled water for... over a year now and I feel great, too. It's most convenient if you have a distiller of course, but for those who would like to start drinking distilled water, it can be bought in one gallon jugs at the local pharmacy for about $1-2. You want to look for 0 ppm (zero parts per million) on the label.

I've even done the one gallon per day for several months, and wow, it makes you look and feel super (but you do need to run to the bathroom quite often! ). I want to get back into that habit again.
    Last edited by Pris; 30th July 2014 at 06:34.

27. Link to Post #19
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ERK (here)
    Quote Posted by lizfrench (here)

Courgette is zucchini
    It must be my London accent, hehe I imagined Johnny Depp In Pirates of the Caribbean saying it. Yes it's courgette/zucchini.

28. Link to Post #20
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Noooo.... not Dr.Mercola! Not to be trusted. That site is known to put out misinformation. It's the old 80/20 bait 'n' switch. They put out 80% fact (to lure you in) and 20% fiction (to keep you diseased).

This is the same site that says drinking distilled water causes early death -- a blatant lie.

When studying a subject like 'salt', I do what I can to get my information from as many different sources as possible. Be aware of bias -- anyone who stands to profit from the information they put out/ties to the pharmaceutical industry.

The lies are rampant because so much profit is made from keeping us sick.
    Well I used Dr Mercola as a source because I like the way that he writes his nutrition articles...his sunscreen ones are really good, too (imo).

I've never got the sense or seen him as an on purpose dis-info agent...so say if you agree with 80% of his stuff and not 20%, where extreme views clash, does that mean that he is doing it on purpose to damage people's health? I really don't get that sense but you are entitled to your opinion and what you feel works for you and what doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast