Thread: Being Authentic...

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

Default Re: Being Authentic...

Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)
    ~being authentic attracts authentic love~

Thanks Amethys...

May I suggest a deeper level to this topic, we are always authentic, we cannot be anything else.
    We always express what have shaped us in every moment, that doesn't necessarily mean it's who you really are.
    And even if you know that you are lying, that is only a reflection of the experiences that lies behind you.
    Life just "IS", and we are all witness it unfold, through the expression of the believed separation, that creates everything we experience.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Natalia (8th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Quote Posted by <8> (here)

Thanks Amethys...

May I suggest a deeper level to this topic, we are always authentic, we cannot be anything else.
    We always express what have shaped us in every moment, that doesn't necessarily mean it's who you really are.
    And even if you know that you are lying, that is only a reflection of the experiences that lies behind you.
    Hi <8>,

it partly is about what we mean when we say authentic and lying...

For example, one may honestly (could say authentically) be expressing themselves when they are feeling really low and think or say something bad about themselves that is coming from a lie that they are worse or less than they actually are...so that could be seen as authentically expressing low self esteem...and I do see what you mean about being authentic all the time...but, well, there are different levels of it...I kinda see "authenticity" in 2 different ways, one in how you are honestly feeling and seeing in the moment, and the other is who you really are...and our human experience is a mix of both! So, when I say I get more authentic the older I get (apart from when I was a child), what I mean is that I become more connected to my true self...I have become more aware of the lies - that they are lies, even though they still have a powerful effect on me sometimes...like today, I had a point where I felt really low and crying a lot (time of the month...)...with some negative thoughts about my life...but, I processed it and then looked at it differently...and am feeling a bit better now...

Some say "speak your truth and don't care about what others think or feel about it"...but sometimes I do care from the heart because if I pick up that something may or will really hurt someone's feelings and not do any or much good (more harm than good) then I don't want to say it (unless I really feel it necessary), so authentically from the heart I won't say something that I have seen/felt/thought at that time...some would see that as not being honest, but I see it as being considerate and using your intuition...

So, yes, there are deeper and wider aspects of this...
    Last edited by Natalia; 8th August 2014 at 17:59.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

[QUOTE=Amethyst;862533]
    Quote Posted by <8> (here)

Thanks Amethys...

Hi <8>,

there are different levels of it...QUOTE]

Thanks

It's not that I don't agree with you, because I do. It's like you said, there are different levels of it. (thanks)

For example, you either understand that you are in the game, or you are apart of the game without knowing it.
    Life just "IS", and we are all witness it unfold, through the expression of the believed separation, that creates everything we experience.

5. Link to Post #24
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Great message...

6. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Sean's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 times in 387 posts

Authenticity is in the eye of the beholder..

As a black man, I've been accused of being "inauthentic" in my personal life by blacks and whites alike. Not because I'm inauthentic..but because I don't fit the mold of what THEY think being a black american is. Projection, projection, projection. I've always just been myself(except when I'm acting, as I'm an actor/vo artist), but few people accept that because they can't put me in an easily recognizable "box". It is what it is..

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sean For This Post:

Frank V (24th August 2014), Natalia (24th August 2014), Wind (25th August 2014)

8. Link to Post #26
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by workingactor (here)
    Authenticity is in the eye of the beholder..

As a black man, I've been accused of being "inauthentic" in my personal life by blacks and whites alike. Not because I'm inauthentic..but because I don't fit the mold of what THEY think being a black american is. Projection, projection, projection. I've always just been myself(except when I'm acting, as I'm an actor/vo artist), but few people accept that because they can't put me in an easily recognizable "box". It is what it is..
    Well I could be considered as being "inauthentic" when I got laser hair removal on my bikini line...it's not natural, true, but I truly wanted it removed! hehe

So, yeah, I see what you mean...and if you acted like a "black man" in those ways that you are not stereotypical of, that would be you being inauthentic...people see it differently...

I am mostly "greek cypriot" (with a little "turkish cyprot")...and I'm sure there are ways that I'm not typical...

9. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,264 times in 3,170 posts

when we are children .

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Frank V (24th August 2014), Natalia (24th August 2014), Skyhaven (5th September 2014), Wind (25th August 2014)

11. Link to Post #28
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

(but the thing is, we do sometimes "loose who we are" and that can be a "good thing"...or not...still, I like this song)

12. Link to Post #29
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Thanks Amethyst, awesome song!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Natalia (5th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2