+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working Toward Cheap Preventive Medicine for Ebola Outbreaks

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Working Toward Cheap Preventive Medicine for Ebola Outbreaks

Could there be a cheap preventive measure humans can take against viral diseases, that isn't being discussed presently?

What is one simple factor linking the relative courses of bacterial and viral infections?

IRON

I've been super curious for many years now re: the odd relationship between the bio-availability of iron and the rate of infection/rate of disease progression on the individual scale.

I first found out about the manipulation of iron as a medicine a few years back, after a series of Buruli infections had been in the news. If I recall correctly, Buruli is a waterborne bacterium that occasionally infects humans and acts as a flesh-eating agent.

Apparently some doctors who specialized in skin care found a way to retard the progress of the flesh eating Buruli -- they discovered by accident that clay applications rich in certain forms of Iron caused the bacteria to be unable to propagate!

It's fairly well-known within the scientific community that iron affects the progress of many types of deadly viruses and bacteria.

It's been in the news within the last 4 years as well that certain bloodlines of humans carry genes for a condition called Hemochromatosis -- a disease that George Washington was suspected to have had (explains the need for frequent bleedings!) -- and scientists only recently discovered that the disease hemochromatosis may actually have been a very useful evolutionary mechanism by which ancient humans avoided death by common infections.

We know that Sickle Cell Anemia evolved in response to Malaria infection rates in Africa -- due to changes in the blood, Malaria isn't able to propagate in people who carry the genes for Sickle Cell or who display the traits of the symptoms...

Is there any reason not to try?

Since Ebola victims/patients are bedridden and isolated anyway, is there any reason not to try some unorthodox treatments, like altering blood iron level and lowering body temperature in order to compensate for the lack of oxygen in the blood.

It seems to me that people already suffering from Ebola and other viruses could benefit from treatments that dramatically reduced the ability of the virus to survive in the human body.

Seems like people at high risk for exposure could just pop a pill that changes their blood composition just barely enough to avoid infection/propagation of the virus.

p.s. the incubation period for this recent Ebola is longer and that's exactly why it was able to fool us this time -- people didn't wait the extra 7 days to go back outside and mingle, and the virus is able to infect magnitudes more people with that extra 7 days to incubate and perhaps even start to hyperconcentrate.

One has to wonder, does iron play a role in how quickly Ebola is able to do grievous damage to the internal organs, and if this is preventable by anticipating that.

PLEASE READ THIS BOOK BTW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hot_Zone

p.p.s. is there a way to manipulate some Iron-reducing bacterium to make it impossible for Ebola to propagate and create the black crystals that damage the body so much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_bacteria
    http://www.ndm.ox.ac.uk/hal-drakesmi...-and-infection

http://www.nature.com/nrmicro/journa...micro1930.html

http://healtheiron.publishpath.com/iron-infron availability and infection (1)

Quote In this 2009 review of the literature the author notes that, "To successfully sustain an infection, nearly all bacteria, fungi and protozoa require a continuous supply of host iron."

"Mechanisms of microbial iron acquisition are determinants for the kinds of cells, tissues and hosts in which pathogens can flourish."

And with respect to human and other "hosts," "As a corollary, hosts possess an array of iron withholding devices whereby they can suppress or abort microbial invasions."

"Awareness of environmental and behavioral methods that can prevent iron loading plus development of pharmaceutical agents that can block microbial access to iron may help to reduce our dependence on antibiotics."

other suppressed cures:

http://www.realclearscience.com/jour...on_108610.html
    Quote As shown above, all of the monkeys that did not receive BCX4430 (labeled "vehicle") died by day 12. However, every monkey (except for one) that received a dose of BCX4430 survived, even if the initial dose came 48 hours after infection. In total, 17 out of 18 treated monkeys lived.

http://www.infoplease.com/cig/danger...y-disease.html

CNN LYING ABOUT TREATMENT:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/01/he...html?hpt=hp_t2

Quote What treatment will they receive?

There is no specific treatment for Ebola. Doctors can administer only "supportive therapy," which means supporting the patient's own immune system as it tries to battle the infection. This usually involves intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration and shock. This therapy for Ebola patients could also include blood or platelet transfusions and oxygen therapy.

Ebola can last two to three weeks, so patients would remain in isolation until their symptoms subside and tests come back negative for the virus.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 3rd August 2014 at 18:56.

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: Working Toward Cheap Preventive Medicine for Ebola Outbreaks

welcome back
    thanks for the data
    --bob

Quote Tesla_WTC:
    Seems like people at high risk for exposure could just pop a pill that changes their blood composition just barely enough to avoid infection/propagation of the virus.
    I agree, any change in chemistry inside the body, on the body, changes what narrow condition a "bug" needs. Zappers, herbs, acid-alkaline waters, magnets, antibiotics/chemical therapeutics all change the chemistry, upsetting the narrow window a bug needs. If the body can survive a radical shift not shut down from the bug or organ/tissue failure from the shifting agents the bug usually succumbs and the "clean up mechanisms" can take over and remove the invaders residuals.. (and maybe make a tag that such invader needs a priority cleanup faster than later..)
    Last edited by Bob; 3rd August 2014 at 18:58.

3. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,801 times in 2,667 posts

Colloidal silver 10ppm was recommended by Rima Laibow I am lucky to do my own - so wise up and make it in your communities and share.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

angelichuman (4th August 2014), Christine (4th August 2014), heyokah (4th August 2014), Shikasta (4th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd August 2014)

5. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks to you both!!

Ideally by now it seems like we ought to have Nanotechnology that is capable of giving a "live report" on the patient -- so no more "guessing" about condition/prognosis!
    In a situation like Ebola infection, seems like humans should be willing to use ANY treatment capable of giving the victim a chance!

The iron pill/protein treatment angles are also very good -- they are potentially cheap and portable.

I really like the idea of Colloidal Silver and wonder, has this ever been tested under "official" conditions or as usual does the MSM leave us to "die without a cure" like CNN says today?

I don't believe for a second that with any pathogenic disease "there is no hope"... total media cop out!

We gotta stop believing that all HIV, HEP, Ebola victims are doomed from the getgo -- there are actual working remedies out there and they are being ignored and sideshelved

6. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,801 times in 2,667 posts

The space station folk live via purification via nano-silver in their environment. Therefore believe in it!!! 10ppm solution and make it yourself and share!
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Cara (4th August 2014), Christine (4th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd August 2014)

8. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    The space station folk live via purification via nano-silver in their environment. Therefore believe in it!!! 10ppm solution and make it yourself and share!
    Do you mean colloidal silver ?
    Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

angelichuman (17th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd August 2014)

10. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I think nanosilver is a proprietary term for colloidal silver, used by one of the 'better' companies -- (Meso?)

Check this out, guys, an "experimental serum" may have caused this ill doctor to resist the disease a bit?

Quote Atlanta (CNN) -- An American doctor infected with Ebola in Liberia "seems to be improving," according to the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"It's encouraging that he seems to be improving," Thomas Frieden said of Dr. Kent Brantly on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "That is really important, and we are hoping he will continue to improve."

The Christian charity that employs Brantly confirmed Sunday that the 33-year-old doctor received a dose of an experimental serum before leaving Liberia.

"We praise God for the news that Kent's condition is improving," said a Sunday statement from Samaritan's Purse.
    Quote "We just have to keep the patient alive long enough in order for the body to control this infection," Ribner said.

Writebol was given an experimental serum this week, Samaritan's Purse said, though its purpose and effects weren't immediately publicized.

The Ebola virus causes viral hemorrhagic fever, which refers to a group of viruses that affect multiple organ systems in the body and are often accompanied by bleeding.

11. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Supposedly that's the monoclonal antibodies derived from a patient of his over in Liberia. He apparently got it either on the plane or shortly before departing. The kid who he treated survived, so now the kid apparently is repaying the favor. I have the details also up in the other ebola threading his sub forum, don't have the post link handy tho..

It appears the trend is going to be monoclonal antibody treatment with some type of vaccine for the rest of the masses supposedly..

Updating this -

CNN has been reporting that MAPP Pharma had been under contract to DTRA (Defence Threat Reduction Agency (USA Pentagon) produced 3 doses for both patients, the Dr. and the lady. But others still are reporting the Doc Brantly still had received a blood product from the child. We can't tell if this is spin, or disinformation, or partial truths.. DTRA if they suspected that Ebola Zaire had been weaponized, and used (on the west Africans) would be very interested in putting out spin or disinformation to keep the treatment solution TOP SECRET which also is how CNN had explained the treatment.. It is COMPLEX what is going on, spin, disinformation, or partial truths.. My feeling is, it is and has been a different set of bioweapons tests by SOMEONE.. not sure who..
    Last edited by Bob; 4th August 2014 at 20:50.

12. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Tesla- Did you read sdv's post yesterday about the AFRICAN research into treatment for Ebola? It seems to me that the serum you describe is this treatment that he/she was referring to. It is apparently derived from the blood of a survivor of Ebola--- in this case I believe a 15 year old boy. We need to learn to listen to the work that takes place away from the usual places of research in our developed countries. For example the use of phages in view of the decline of antibiotics--- but I am straying from the topic. I hope that this African 'cure', administered as it was, to an American, will be the start of help for others.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Bob (4th August 2014), Shikasta (4th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (4th August 2014)

14. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Woo hoo, another solution thread.

Iron toxicity can also be a problem. Modern iron supps are made with iron filings.

The best protection is a spectrum of minerals, including iodine.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

angelichuman (17th August 2014), Bob (4th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (4th August 2014)

16. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member Patrikas's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys,
    this is from jimstone site about this subject i cannot say either way as im am no expert but its worth a read ....cheers
    http://jimstonefreelance.com/

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patrikas For This Post:

Bob (4th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (4th August 2014)

18. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Supposedly that's the monoclonal antibodies derived from a patient of his over in Liberia. He apparently got it either on the plane or shortly before departing. The kid who he treated survived, so now the kid apparently is repaying the favor. I have the details also up in the other ebola threading his sub forum, don't have the post link handy tho..

It appears the trend is going to be monoclonal antibody treatment with some type of vaccine for the rest of the masses supposedly..
    Here's that link and thanks for the update Bob! https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...o-weapon/page7

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (4th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (4th August 2014)

20. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

links posted a very pertinent article about vitamin C which links into our thread about iron:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...OLA-VIRUS-CURE

21. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member angelichuman's Avatar
    Thanks

Great idea on the iron, thanks hadn't thought of that.

I think colloidal silver is a great option, I love this stuff! Ive taken it regularly and no Im not blue lol. Use it like an antibiotic, and commit to taking it for 7 or 10 days in a row. I use a dropper bottle and put 2 squirts in my mouth, 2 times a day. If its really bad id use it 3 times a day, and don't stop for at least a week. Then it is good to take a break from it, if you are not sick. it can also be used as a preventative. Still take it regular, then a break.

Collodial silver kills all microorganisms, virus, bacteriea, fungus and parasites.
    (don't take it with probiotics, because itll kill off those good guys.)

Bless!

Ps. Since Ive been on here, I realized that this 'transferring ebola sick people here', is prob a scare tactic. making folks freak out. Remember those who feed on fear, so lets try to get some supplies(silver, or your other choice) and up our nutrient intake..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to angelichuman For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th August 2014)

23. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Totally a scary tactic --

but what does the world think about ZMapp and the fact that the FDA keeps cures away from 3rd world nations?
    At best Africa gets the medicines we discard as dangerous and outdated...

how long will the world sit back and say "It's ok USA you're a superpower, go ahead and keep that cure to yourself?"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. anyone notice the correlation between ZMapp and the vague 'protein treatment' reference up top lol (layman's terms)

can anyone say Captain Tripps??

+ Reply to Thread