+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How to spot the aliens that walk among us..

1. Link to Post #61
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,249 times in 1,238 posts

Default Re: How to spot the aliens that walk among us..

Quote Posted by <8> (here)
    Hi Aragorn...

I like you to know that I am grateful for your effort to explain how you see things, and I really respect you for that.
    The question is, are you capable of respecting my point of view?
    I respect you as a person, and I respect that you want to have an opinion about something. I do however reserve the right to regard your opinion in this particular matter as superficial and unrealistic, especially when you write off both the many decades of psychological and neurological research on the one hand and a personal experience from an autistic person - myself - on the other hand as being "merely an opinion".

2. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Aragorn was not personal regarding your point of view 8, neither was I (or even maybe was I a bit)

It is pure logic here, based on research, no emotions in it neither disrespect

You see, 8, you are talking from the premises of point of view, which is necessarily subjective, and we are talkinf of facts, based on observations and research, which are supposedly objective. The primer carries emotions, the latter tries to get rid of them.

However, in a greater view of the universe, everything is objective and subjective at the same time, but the discussion here is not at this level. If it were, we would be talking of brothers all ones with us, in aliens.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

<8> (6th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Frank V (6th August 2014), karelia (6th August 2014), Wind (7th August 2014)

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,696 times in 822 posts

Quote Posted by Aragorn (here)
    Hi Aragorn...

I like you to know that I am grateful for your effort to explain how you see things, and I really respect you for that.
    I respect that you want to have an opinion about something.

You either respect my opinion or you don't, that doesn't mean you have to accept it or have to agree with it in anyway.

I like you to know Aragorn that I am dropping this matter now, as we all have to move on with things..
    I hope you find what you are looking for..
    Life just "IS", and we are all witness it unfold, through the expression of the believed separation, that creates everything we experience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Kindling (6th August 2014)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,558 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    And to respond to the thread, in my understanding, we are all aliens to this earth!
    This is my understanding also.

When i look at another human or non human, I see a whole universe.

peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

<8> (6th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Carmen (7th August 2014), Frank V (6th August 2014), johnf (6th August 2014), Kindling (6th August 2014), RunningDeer (6th August 2014), shadowstalker (6th August 2014), Sidney (7th August 2014), Wind (7th August 2014)

8. Link to Post #65
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Aragorn...

You either respect my opinion or you don't, that doesn't mean you have to accept it or have to agree with it in anyway.
    Please don't play mind games. You had my reply, but you snipped out the following words from it...

Quote Posted by Aragorn
    I do however reserve the right to regard your opinion in this particular matter as superficial and unrealistic, especially when you write off both the many decades of psychological and neurological research on the one hand and a personal experience from an autistic person - myself - on the other hand as being "merely an opinion".
    ... and by snipping that section, you are insulting everybody's intelligence.

I like you to know Aragorn that I am dropping this matter now, as we all have to move on with things..
    Do you have any idea how condescending that remark sounds? Besides, it would seem to me, <8>, that you are the one here looking for something.

I was only offering a sound and scientifically proven explanation - corroborated by at least two other participants in this thread - which you chose to dismiss as a mere personal opinion.
    Last edited by Frank V; 6th August 2014 at 20:03. Reason: improving readability

9. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member Kindling's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see <8> being condescending to you or the others who are trying to force him to agree with you. I'm not sure I understand why it's so important to you for him to understand just how *right* you are and how *wrong* he is. This is turning out to be a very interesting discussion but it looks like it's going to be interrupted now with this conflict.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kindling For This Post:

<8> (6th August 2014), Billy (6th August 2014), RunningDeer (7th August 2014)

11. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Who is to judge what fact is and opinion...
    I think everyone, at least in my opinion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

<8> (6th August 2014), Kindling (6th August 2014)

13. Link to Post #68
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kindling (here)
    I don't see <8> being condescending to you or the others who are trying to force him to agree with you.
    Nobody is forcing him to agree with us. He himself on the other hand does seem to dismiss the comments of those who do not agree with him as mere opinions, even when they are scientifically established facts.

The condescending is in his wording. I agree that it is subtle, but it is definitely there.

I'm not sure I understand why it's so important to you for him to understand just how *right* you are and how *wrong* he is.
    It isn't, but just in case you haven't noticed, each of my replies were direct replies to posts from him in which he insists on his own opinion being The Truth ™ and anything which contradicts it to be merely "somebody's personal opinion". And yet he continues to insist that am only expressing a personal opinion, without providing any irrefutable evidence to corroborate his claim.

This is turning out to be a very interesting discussion but it looks like it's going to be interrupted now with this conflict.
    Then please see things for what they are, instead of trying to add to the conflict.
    Last edited by Frank V; 6th August 2014 at 20:45.

14. Link to Post #69
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,335 times in 4,609 posts

It's your minds not your eyes who is watching you

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

<8> (6th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Kindling (7th August 2014), PurpleLama (6th August 2014), RunningDeer (7th August 2014)

16. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

The DSM 4 and 5 must ignore culture then. In many Native American cultures it is really rude to look directly into someone's eyes. So, are the oh so eminent psychiatrists of the world suggesting that Injuns are insane?

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

<8> (6th August 2014), Agape (6th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Flash (6th August 2014), Frank V (7th August 2014), Kindling (7th August 2014), Rich (7th August 2014), RunningDeer (7th August 2014), william r sanford72 (7th August 2014), Wind (7th August 2014)

18. Link to Post #71
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,335 times in 4,609 posts

Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    The DSM 4 and 5 must ignore culture then. In many Native American cultures it is really rude to look directly into someone's eyes. So, are the oh so eminent psychiatrists of the world suggesting that Injuns are insane?
    I doubt that those cultures had so many forms of mental disorder as this sort of orwellian society subscribes to but maybe they feared wilderness ..

in animal kingdom starring to someones eyes for too long can be dangerous and even brief eye contact may be interpreted as provocation.

If you send loving kindness through your eyes .. it's whole another matter . Generally, it does not require more than few seconds .

Now, close your eyes everybody ( meant in jest )

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

<8> (6th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Flash (6th August 2014), Frank V (7th August 2014), Kindling (7th August 2014), RunningDeer (7th August 2014), william r sanford72 (7th August 2014), Wind (7th August 2014)

20. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Hi Aragorn...

Please don't play mind games. You had my reply, but you snipped out the following words from it...

Quote Posted by Aragorn
    I do however reserve the right to regard your opinion in this particular matter as superficial and unrealistic, especially when you write off both the many decades of psychological and neurological research on the one hand and a personal experience from an autistic person - myself - on the other hand as being "merely an opinion".

Do you have any idea how condescending that remark sounds? Besides, it would seem to me, <8>, that you are the one here looking for something.

I was only offering a sound and scientifically proven explanation - corroborated by at least two other participants in this thread - which you chose to dismiss as a mere personal opinion.

Hi Aragorn

I can feel your hurt, so I want to apologize for causing it.
    I can sense my rejection and dropping this matter are causing you pain, this is my fault! I'm sorry.
    I was hoping I could make you see my point of view, and I pushed you too far! I am sorry Aragorn.
    I can see that you believe everything you say is true, I am truly happy for you!

I want to say I love you Aragorn a thousand times or more!

If I could reach out my hand to you right now, would you reject it?
    Life just "IS", and we are all witness it unfold, through the expression of the believed separation, that creates everything we experience.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Agape (7th August 2014), Billy (7th August 2014), donk (7th August 2014), Flash (6th August 2014), Frank V (7th August 2014), Ivanhoe (7th August 2014), Kindling (7th August 2014), Rich (7th August 2014), Wind (7th August 2014)

22. Link to Post #73
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

It's certainly not black and white. If I act very lovingly and choose not to break eye contact (which is easy for me), I don't suddenly turn into an ET ... but maybe I am already and just don't know it?

That said, there is this lady I work with I end up in weird "eye locks" with - its a bit weird because almost no one else will do this with me. Sometimes I wonder about her
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

<8> (7th August 2014), Agape (7th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Flash (7th August 2014), Frank V (7th August 2014), Kindling (7th August 2014), RunningDeer (7th August 2014), Wind (7th August 2014)

24. Link to Post #74
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Aragorn...

Quote Posted by Aragorn

Hi Aragorn

I can feel your hurt, so I want to apologize for causing it.
    I can sense my rejection and dropping this matter are causing you pain, this is my fault! I'm sorry.
    I was hoping I could make you see my point of view, and I pushed you too far! I am sorry Aragorn.
    I can see that you believe everything you say is true, I am truly happy for you!
    It wasn't that I felt hurt. I just felt that you were being dishonest in your debating tactic.

I want to say I love you Aragorn a thousand times or more!

If I could reach out my hand to you right now, would you reject it?
    I will never reject a hand offered in friendship from a good person, and I offer mine in return.

25. Link to Post #75
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Just thought I'd share with you guys ... don't try any of this eye contact stuff on winos, OK? They definitely don't like it and I don't think it's because they take you for an ET.

26. Link to Post #76
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kemo (here)
    Just thought I'd share with you guys ... don't try any of this eye contact stuff on winos, OK? They definitely don't like it and I don't think it's because they take you for an ET.
    A very long time ago - back in 1997 - I was at an establishment where a woman caught my eye while she was dancing with the manager, whom I knew pretty well. However, only a few degrees to the right of that dancing woman sat a guy who was obviously high on cocaine, and he started staring at me, believing that I had been looking at him. I felt his stare and briefly glanced at him. He immediately jumped up from his barstool, and in an frantic manner started threatening me. "Don't look at me! I'm telling you not to look at me!", his eyes very wide open.

I was trying to avoid trouble - I could smell that he was definitely looking for it - so I didn't look him in the face and I calmly tried to tell him "I wasn't looking at you. I was looking at that woman", but before I could complete my sentence, he grabbed me by the shoulder and head-butted me, right on the side of my head. His friend immediately pulled him off of me and told me "Don't try going in against him. He'll finish you off." I wasn't going to go in against him. I was seeing stars, hearing tweetie birds and spitting out chips from three of my lower teeth. I also had a concussion and a pain in my neck.

As for the woman I was looking at, I found out later from the manager that she was a prostitute. Moral of the story: never stare at dancing prostitutes.

27. Link to Post #77
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

I will never reject a hand offered in friendship from a good person, and I offer mine in return.
    Beautiful poetry, Aragorn. Made my heart smile.

RunningDeer <3

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

<8> (7th August 2014), Agape (7th August 2014), Frank V (7th August 2014)

29. Link to Post #78
    Thanks

Hi guys...

I was thinking about telepathy, as was pointed out in this thread thank you very much...

I were listening to this video a late night some time ago.

And when it was done, I became aware that I mentally were questioning the whole thing.
    And I recall it became more intense because I could not accept we were all one, I remember standing up and saying out loud.
    "So there are just a lot of me running around out there!!??"

I were truly upset at this point and I did not agree, I were shaking my head as I walked out to the balcony.
    As I looked up, there were a space ship just hanging silent over the next rooftop, not far away at all.
    And after a moment I was thinking, dang it's the real deal. And with that thought it just lighted up and went straight up.
    And the light were bright as lightning, I looked around for anyone else and nothing.

The funny thing, I never question the experience by asking myself who am I really talking to.

Any thoughts??

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <8> For This Post:

Frank V (10th August 2014), RunningDeer (8th August 2014)

31. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I only listened to half the video. There are a lot of topics covered. One of which I can share. I devoted a chunk of time in contemplation and practice from teachers such as Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj. One goal was to experience from the greater perspective. This is a practical application I’ve written about:

Summer, 2004

“Joe”, my brother was building his home. I helped from time to time. This one day he was adding plywood to the roof. He was in a foul mood. It was hot, and he was tired. Rather than be around the ranting, I asked for another job. He had me pick up the excess scraps of 2x4’s and plywood around the property.

I had been practicing how to move “out of time”, where I'd watch the body do it’s work in a rhythmic flow. No emotional attachment to the job or the result. I reported back to Joe. He couldn’t believe the job was done, but he could see the huge pile of wood. Joe had only laid two sheets of plywood. And as I write this I want to say maybe three sheets because it seems impossible for those two events to match up in a 3D world.

He asked how I could've gotten so much done. My response was that I got out of my own way. The body worked while a part of me watched on. Joe asked no more questions, and I knew to not to offer. My family knows I have “strange” beliefs and our thoughts about the world are different.

(That was 10 years ago, I've since shared some of my perceptions and what I've learned. They are opening sl..owl...y.)

RunningDeer <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 8th August 2014 at 01:33.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

<8> (8th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Carmen (8th August 2014), Frank V (10th August 2014), Wind (8th August 2014)

33. Link to Post #80
    Language
    English
    Thanks

To your question of telepathy or working with guides. Here’s another I’ve posted:

I had a heavy, oak butcher block table delivered years ago because it’d be too heavy to carry up to my second floor apartment. What I didn’t know was that I had to assemble and then turn it right side up.

It was top heavy. I'm glad I hadn't figured that out before I finished adding the legs.

I tried a system of pulleys. Hoisting inch by inch, sneaking another book to the already zig-zaggy pile. It continued to slide out from the little progress I made. Grrrrr!!! So, I put a call out to my ‘Guides’. And that butcher block almost lifted itself. I was only there to guide it.

I always want to add a qualifier to these kinds of accounts. Like it's okay if you don't believe me. Because if I wasn't right there in the struggle, I'd have trouble buying it.

Here's my point for reposting:

We've got potential. It’s good to tap into it even if in small ways, see it as "co-creation muscle building".

RunningDeer <3
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 8th August 2014 at 14:44.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

<8> (8th August 2014), annacherie (8th August 2014), Carmen (8th August 2014), Frank V (10th August 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast