+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 6 16 LastLast

Thread: Mayhem in Missouri Breaks Out

1. Link to Post #101
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Default Re: Mayhem in Missouri Breaks Out

There is no control in Ferguson. Tear gas deployed already. Child hit with cannister.

Happened 3 hours before curfew was to be in place.

Reports of guns shots with 1 woman grazed (alleged this was during a fight between protesters -- she may have been by-stander).

Sonics deployed by police.

Police just told reporter "I will shoot you with this -- get the f**k out of here".

http://www.livestream.com/globalrevolution

Vice live feed:
    http://new.livestream.com/timcast/events/3295551

Lol:
    Quote Apparently if the windows at McDonalds get broken all hell breaks loose, cause that's what they went to protect
    This is why the police are scared of "citizen journalists" live feeds, MSM agrees they protect individual rights:

Ferguson’s citizen journalists revealed the value of an undeniable video

But beware the expansion of the surveillance state. That's where this is being pushed.

Individual feeds:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9...events/3271930
    http://www.livestream.com/activistworldnewsnow
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/liberty-news-media

Report via Tim Pool feed that journalist refused assistance by police.

That's the second report I've heard from a feed that their battery is mysteriously discharging.

-- Pan
    Last edited by panopticon; 18th August 2014 at 03:31.
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Debra (18th August 2014), Dennis Leahy (18th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks

Reports police are saying this isn't a peaceful protest.

Feed comment: No sh!t, You're shooting tear gas.

Claims police may be using live ammunition (probably rubber bullets).

Telling journalists to back up (I wonder why?)

Alright, that's it, I'm off. Too much going on to relay.

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Debra (18th August 2014), Dennis Leahy (18th August 2014), seko (19th August 2014)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)
    Press statement from legal support team representing the people arrested by the police last night.

###

Statement on 7 Arrested Last Night from the Legal Support Team
    Posted by Arielle Klagsbrun 230sc on August 17, 2014

7 Arrested in Ferguson Were Sitting in Cars, Some Were Dragged Out by Hair

Two different groups totalling seven people, charged with failure to disperse, were arrested in Ferguson this morning at approximately 1:30am. Five out of the seven people were released this morning at 7am. The Legal Support Team picked the arrestees up from the Buzz Westfall Justice Center in Clayton and received the following report of how arrests happened last night.

The first group was comprised of five people who had been at the Justice for Mike Brown march earlier in the evening. After leaving the march, they went to the home of one of their aunt’s on Kirk Drive. They were sitting in their parked car in front of the house smoking a cigarette when a swarm of police officers dressed in fatigues and what the arrestees describe as “military garb” rushed the car, put guns in their faces, and began pulling them out of the car. Two young women were pulled out of the car by their hair, and one was dragged through the dirt. All were told they were resisting arrest.

The second group was comprised of two people who were sitting in a parked car in a parking lot. Police instructed them to pull out of the parking lot and go home. As they pulled out of the parking lot, police pointed a rifle at them and directed them into the street. Police told them to stop the vehicle. After they stopped, an officer shot a rubber or wooden bullet straight into the windshield, cracking it. The two people in the car then stepped out and were arrested.

The Legal Support Team continues to be concerned about the ever escalating militarization of the police and what seems to be indiscriminate targeting of Ferguson residents.

“It feels like I’m not human. It feels like I’m being treated like an animal--being told when I can come, when I can go, what time I can be out in my own community outside of my own house where I pay the mortgage and bills,” said Cieara Delaney, one of the women arrested outside of the house and dragged by her hair.

Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE) is the community group that is currently hosting the collection of donations for the legal support fund. The legal support line for those who are in jail or who know those needing legal support is 314-862-2249. Donations can be madehttps://bitly.com/fergusonbailfund.

Source
    At this late stage of the game, it seems obvious that these cops are being directed to ramp-up the violence. The police are the deliberate 'agents provocateur.' What is the BIG agenda here, since it is obviously not about calming things down and prosecuting the cop (Wilson) who first-degree murdered the kid (Brown.)

Who (specifically, not just generally) is ordering the cops to ramp-up the violence until the community explodes? What is the BIG agenda?

Dennis

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Debra (18th August 2014), Gardener (20th August 2014), gripreaper (18th August 2014), Jake (18th August 2014), Krist (18th August 2014), panopticon (18th August 2014), seko (19th August 2014), StandingWave (18th August 2014), Ulyse30 (18th August 2014)

7. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    At this late stage of the game, it seems obvious that these cops are being directed to ramp-up the violence. The police are the deliberate 'agents provocateur.' What is the BIG agenda here, since it is obviously not about calming things down and prosecuting the cop (Wilson) who first-degree murdered the kid (Brown.)

Who (specifically, not just generally) is ordering the cops to ramp-up the violence until the community explodes? What is the BIG agenda?

Dennis
    This action tonight and every action leading up to it has been because the police in Ferguson and authorities knew what had happened to Michael Brown.

The shoddy attempt to depict Brown as a villain, while trying to make Wilson into the victim of circumstances, has only angered the family, residents and protesters (and rightfully so).

The militarised action tonight at ~9 PM Ferguson local time, despite Johnson & Nixon saying that it would not occur, was because of the imminent release of the details of Brown's shooting.

The details from the first of 3 autopsies was released around 11:00 PM (Ferguson time) and it says he was shot 6 times. Twice in the head.

Quote One of the bullets entered the top of Mr. Brown’s skull, suggesting his head was bent forward when it struck him and caused a fatal injury, according to Dr. Michael M. Baden, the former chief medical examiner for the City of New York, who flew to Missouri on Sunday at the family’s request to conduct the separate autopsy. It was likely the last of bullets to hit him, he said.

Mr. Brown, 18, was also shot four times in the right arm, he said, adding that all the bullets were fired into his front.

The bullets did not appear to have been shot from very close range because no gunpowder was present on his body. However, that determination could change if it turns out that there is gunshot residue on Mr. Brown’s clothing, to which Dr. Baden did not have access.

Source

This entire operation has been about trying at one level to stop protests and at another level to encourage it.

This is, again, about money, control & power.

Let's view this as a test "in the wild". I doubt that the shooting of Brown was orchestrated but the events since then have definitely been.

As to "who"? I'm not one for that form of analysis as there are too many actors involved in this form of operation, many of which would be compartmentalised and virtually invisible...

The key to it all is how the discourse was carefully constructed almost from the outset. It's like a trail to follow at the beach. Sometimes the trail can be hard to see at any given moment but if you look forward you can normally pick the track back up and have a fairly high degree of certainty that it is the same one.

The shooting and militarised reaction from the Ferguson PD at the very beginning were probably the only unscripted events.

I feel for the Brown family, the Wilson family & all those directly and indirectly affected by this series of events.

-- Pan

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

avid (18th August 2014), Debra (18th August 2014), Gardener (20th August 2014), seko (19th August 2014), Ulyse30 (18th August 2014)

9. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

This is a pretty clear statement and indication of an answer to the original "how" questions:

Quote The two medical experts conducted the four-hour examination Sunday at the Austin A. Layne Mortuary in St. Louis. Benjamin L. Crump, a lawyer for Mr. Brown’s family who paid their travel expenses, hired them.

The sheer number of bullets and the way they were scattered all over his body showed this police officer had a brazen disregard for the very people he was supposed to protect in that community,” Mr. Crump said. “We want to make sure people understand what this case is about: This case is about a police officer executing a young unarmed man in broad daylight.”
    [...]
    One of the bullets shattered Mr. Brown’s right eye, traveled through his face, exited his jaw and re-entered his collarbone. The last two shots in the head would have stopped him in his tracks and were likely the last fired.

Mr. Brown, he said, would not have survived the shooting even if he had been taken to a hospital right away. The autopsy indicated that he was otherwise healthy.

Dr. Baden said it was unusual for the federal government to conduct a third autopsy, but dueling examinations often occur when there is so much distrust of the authorities. The county of St. Louis has conducted an autopsy, and the results have not yet been released.

Source
    Stuff from reporters that were noteworthy:

One report I heard tonight was that the police were racially profiling which journalists were allowed back into the Ferguson area to report after they had been forcibly "evacuated". Caucasian was evidently alright...

Another was the confusion from journalists when the area they had been "contained" in was tear gassed.

Of course the medal goes to the officer telling the live streaming reported that he was going to shoot him while brandishing his gun.

No IQ test I guess...

-- Pan
    Last edited by panopticon; 18th August 2014 at 08:02.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

avid (18th August 2014), Debra (18th August 2014)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Now the National Guard is being called in by Nixon! Didn't they say they wouldn't bring in the National Guard? The State lies, get used to it.
    Missouri governor orders National Guard to help quell Ferguson unrest
    Executive order here.

Amnesty International is calling for an investigation of Ferguson police tactics (they were the ones wearing the green caps in footage, there were 12 of them "watching"...):
    Amnesty International Calls For Investigation Of Ferguson Police Tactics

Skynews is evidently reporting that Julian Assange is said to be giving himself up to police. If the report is true then he's probably going to try and make use of the public unrest in the US to sway any decision against him I suppose.
    Confirmed. Recording of Assange presser here.

Reports of violent street gangs in Ferguson area:

Quote "I went to police and said, 'I'm media. I'm lost and I'm scared. Can you help me?'

"They said, 'You shouldn't have been out here in the first place.'

"I said, 'I know. Where can I go to be safe?' They told me to go around the staging area. As I went around the Mobil station, police had guns drawn and there was a team by the armored truck with guns drawn.

"I ran with my hands up saying, 'I'm media, I'm media' until I got to another group of journalists. That's when I started crying."
    Source
    Officer Darren Wilson receiving commendation in February:

Source

-- Pan
    Last edited by panopticon; 18th August 2014 at 10:37.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

avid (18th August 2014), Debra (18th August 2014)

13. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

Police riot officer telling media person that he will shoot him if he doesn't turn a light off:

I understand why but the aggression is inappropriate.

Community policing? Public relations at its finest...

-- Pan

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

avid (18th August 2014), Gardener (20th August 2014), Krist (18th August 2014), seko (19th August 2014)

15. Link to Post #108
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

A new malady (Freemasonry, according to Carmody) seems to affect police officers accross the States of A and which would explains the dramatic increase in their negative phototropism as evidenced with their shooting preferences:

Local police kill at least 400 people a year, mostly minorities

Published time: August 15, 2014 16:29
    Get short URL

AFP Photo / Getty Images / Spencer Platt

A white police officer in the United States killed a black person on average of twice per week from 2005 to 2012, according to homicide reports offered to the FBI. But this data is limited, as only about 4 percent of law enforcement agencies contributed.

There was an average of 96 such incidents out of at least 400 police killings each year that local police departments reported to the FBI, according to analysis conducted by USA Today.

The analysis comes in the wake of the fatal police shooting by a white officer of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri that has set off national outrage over US law enforcement’s aggressive use of deadly force, incongruent targeting of minorities, and a militarized posture that treats citizens as the enemy.

The FBI report shows that 18 percent of African-Americans killed during those seven years were under the age of 21. Whites killed that were under the age of 21 came out to 8.7 percent.

As USA Today noted, only around 750 agencies - out of the 17,000 law enforcement entities across the United States - offered such data to the FBI.

On top of the limited participation, the self-reported contents of the database are considered incomplete. The data are not audited after submission to the FBI, and information on “justifiable” homicides has often been at odds with independent statistics gathered on police fatalities.

''There is no national database for this type of information, and that is so crazy," said Geoff Alpert, a criminologist at the University of South Carolina. "We've been trying for years, but nobody wanted to fund it and the (police) departments didn't want it. They were concerned with their image and liability. They don't want to bother with it.''

Alpert added that the limited FBI data - the most complete record of people killed by US police - can show that a death had occurred, but it is reliable for little else.

"I've looked at records in hundreds of departments, and it is very rare that you find someone saying, 'Oh, gosh, we used excessive force.' In 98.9 percent of the cases, they are stamped as justified and sent along,” Alpert told USA Today.

The International Association of Chiefs of Police, on the other hand, said police use of force is blown out of proportion. Based on data from the Bureau of Justices Statistics in 2008, the group said less than 2 percent of 40 million people who had contact with police passed along complaints that officers used or threatened force.

"In large part, the public perception of police use of force is framed and influenced by the media depictions which present unrealistic and often outlandish representations of law enforcement and the policing profession,'' the group said in a 2012 report.

Nevertheless, many independent studies of police shootings in major US cities have come to the conclusion that minorities are disproportionately targeted for police violence.

"We need not look for individual racists to say that we have a culture of policing that is really rubbing salt into longstanding racial wounds," NAACP president Cornell Williams Brooks told Mother Jones.

Brooks added that in the US, many people suspected of minor crimes are confronted with "overwhelmingly major, often lethal, use of force.”

Meanwhile, officers are rarely convicted or sentenced for killing a suspect.

"Unfortunately, the patterns that we've been seeing recently are consistent: The police don't show as much care when they are handling incidents that involve young black men and women, and so they do shoot and kill," said Delores Jones-Brown, law professor and director of the Center on Race, Crime, and Statistics at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City, according to Mother Jones.

"And then for whatever reason, juries and prosecutor's offices are much less likely to indict or convict."

The US Justice Department is investigating at least 15 police agencies in the US for systemic abuse, including allegations of excessive force, racial profiling or false arrest.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (18th August 2014), Gardener (20th August 2014), Krist (18th August 2014), panopticon (18th August 2014), seko (19th August 2014), Ulyse30 (18th August 2014)

17. Link to Post #109
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

What happened after the shooting is what makes the Ferguson cops look bad. I'm pretty sure that many of those protesters have been victimized by those cops at one time or another. People don't just angry for no reason. There's more going on here than anyone knows. Time for the corruption to come to an end....

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Krist (18th August 2014), panopticon (18th August 2014), Ulyse30 (18th August 2014)

19. Link to Post #110
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote ""Captain Johnson and the police force in Ferguson IS LYING, AND I AM BEARING WITNESS.
    Two hours before curfew, I was photographing at the front of a peaceful march of all generations, calling for justice and peace in Ferguson. It was controlled and respectful—when someone stepped out the traffic lane they were marching in, they were directed back.

Without provocation, armored cars rolled up on us...yelled unintelligibly for 60 seconds and launched tear gas at us without warning. Women...children...even a woman in a wheelchair.

Captain Johnson is saying that bottles and Molotov cocktails were thrown at the front line. TONIGHT I CAN TESTIFY THAT THIS IS UNTRUE.
    We fell back to what had been the line of safety last night AND THEY CONTINUED SHOOTING TEARGAS past this line into the peaceful crowd.

They methodically backed everyone down a mile-long stretch of road that has been an understood safe space of protest with flash grenades, teargas, armored cars, and shooting rubber bullets and blocks of wood at the protestors in very tight proximity.

I have never had 50 guns trained at me before, running with camera gear, hands in the air. The inexcusable and irrational level of violence is terrifying.

Towards the end of the evening, more looting did happen. But there was none before the police attacked us repeatedly.

I am horrified. And angry. And inconsolable that people in power are lying yet again."
    "
    Source: http://sojo.net/blogs/2014/08/18/eye...witness-photos

Dennis

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Gardener (20th August 2014), panopticon (18th August 2014), PurpleLama (18th August 2014), seko (19th August 2014), Ulyse30 (18th August 2014)

21. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member seeker/reader's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 times in 540 posts

Interesting arm tatoos here. Counter-protestors http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5686491.html

Last edited by seeker/reader; 18th August 2014 at 16:50.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker/reader For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (19th August 2014)

23. Link to Post #112
    United States Avalon Member seeker/reader's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 times in 540 posts
    "The sleeper must awaken," quote by Duke Leto Atreides from the movie, Dune.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seeker/reader For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (19th August 2014), panopticon (18th August 2014)

25. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

Quote Captain Johnson and the police force in Ferguson IS LYING, AND I AM BEARING WITNESS.
    Two hours before curfew, I was photographing at the front of a peaceful march of all generations, calling for justice and peace in Ferguson. It was controlled and respectful—when someone stepped out the traffic lane they were marching in, they were directed back.

Without provocation, armored cars rolled up on us...yelled unintelligibly for 60 seconds and launched tear gas at us without warning. Women...children...even a woman in a wheelchair.

Captain Johnson is saying that bottles and Molotov cocktails were thrown at the front line. TONIGHT I CAN TESTIFY THAT THIS IS UNTRUE.
    We fell back to what had been the line of safety last night AND THEY CONTINUED SHOOTING TEARGAS past this line into the peaceful crowd.

They methodically backed everyone down a mile-long stretch of road that has been an understood safe space of protest with flash grenades, teargas, armored cars, and shooting rubber bullets and blocks of wood at the protestors in very tight proximity.

I have never had 50 guns trained at me before, running with camera gear, hands in the air. The inexcusable and irrational level of violence is terrifying.

Towards the end of the evening, more looting did happen. But there was none before the police attacked us repeatedly.

I am horrified. And angry. And inconsolable that people in power are lying yet again.
    G'day Dennis,

This is exactly what was being repeatedly said yesterday.

There were repeated statements about molotov cocktails from the police (note metal bin was burning at one stage -- containment).

The police would not allow reporters in to report.

The national guard will restrict further the press in an effort at "containment".

Journo Scott Olson being arrested in Ferguson

It's always a clear sign of "management" when the media has reports from the police of "anarchists".

Yeah, there is a militant element within aspects of anarchism, however they are often blamed for State run dispersal strategies.

If this isn't intimidation I'm not sure what is:

I was reminded last night (on ABC Australia's program QandA) of the quote from Augustine of Hippo:

Quote Hope has two beautiful daughters. Their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see that they do not remain the way they are.
    I wish for the people of Ferguson to continue their courtship of Hope's daughters.

-- Pan

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (19th August 2014), Gardener (20th August 2014)

27. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

BTW, maybe this has been missed.

The store owners are reported as not being the ones who called the police.

It is reported in this excerpt by the stores attorney that a customer did.

Lots of possible reasons for this (day after shooting etc) but worth noting.

-- Pa

28. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

29. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

Empty white school buses report in Ferguson:

Quote Remember those two empty white school buses we saw at noon. They are pulling up with soldiers. #Ferguson

Source
    Earlier photo from same journalist:

Source

Notice Obama's "middle road" rhetorical strategy. Pure politics.

-- Pan
    Last edited by panopticon; 19th August 2014 at 00:21.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

31. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

Names & badges are where?

-- Pan

32. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

33. Link to Post #117
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

I'll say it again, so it is absolutely clear:

$20 says that all of the problem officers and points at which the lies are being told, the orders being issued and the lies and orders being supported, they are all, more than likely to a single man ----Freemasons.

One out of every six officers in North America, is known to be a Freemason, and somewhere in the area of 100% of all 'appointed' judges in North America are likely to be Freemasons.

People had better start looking at this from the right direction, otherwise all their efforts will go nowhere and solve nothing.
    Last edited by Carmody; 19th August 2014 at 01:28.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (19th August 2014), JRS (20th August 2014), ulli (19th August 2014)

35. Link to Post #118
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

Enough time has passed & the real truth is coming out that has been suppressed by the liberal MSM......If you has 10 minutes you can see that the weight of evidence is now with the cop's story ....Even better is to watch 20 minutes...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

jagman (19th August 2014), ThePythonicCow (21st August 2014)

37. Link to Post #119
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Quote Posted by marlowe (here)
    Enough time has passed & the real truth is coming out that has been suppressed by the liberal MSM......If you has 10 minutes you can see that the weight of evidence is now with the cop's story ....Even better is to watch 20 minutes...

I couldn't get past 10 minutes. This guy completely misses the point IMO. Complete conjecture, racial profiling with a hint of ignorance.

For another perspective on what is driving this and why the police have acted with utter disregard for the people they have sworn to protect....See John Olivers take. In between the jokes are some solid points that truly get to the root cause of the problem.

(Insert signature here)

38. Link to Post #120
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)

I couldn't get past 10 minutes. This guy completely misses the point IMO. Complete conjecture, racial profiling with a hint of ignorance.
    You didn't even watch 5 minutes did you ?

The weight of evidence says Mike Brown was running towards the cop

when he was shot....Mike Brown wrote & recorded violent rap lyrics...He did steal the cigars & was walking down the middle of the street with the cigars in plain site when the cop stopped him....Carmody is buying the MSM version of reality which is a lie......& Carmody wants you to believe the lie instead of watching the Stefan Molyneux video I posted...Is Carmody a shill? Probably not...He just does not get it ....
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 21st August 2014 at 03:08. Reason: fix quoting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 6 16 LastLast