+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else....?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default Anybody else....?

Does anybody else feel this way?

Presently I am feeling like I've seen all this before and things never seem to change. The suffering, wars, inequality and hatred of one another; feels like I've been in this situation before. A subtle but odd feeling to be sure.

It's like I can almost step back and look at the goings on and see how stupid and futile it all is. I doubt I'm explaining myself very well!

Maybe I'm an 'old soul' who, for some bizarre reason, decided I'll give Earth a go this time, see what the human race is all about. It's a nice place here, don't get me wrong, but the human species has a lot and I mean a lot of growing up to do!

Peace and love guys

Shende x

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Shende For This Post:

avid (12th August 2014), Axman (12th August 2014), Billy (12th August 2014), Frank V (12th August 2014), gardener2 (12th August 2014), halffull (12th August 2014), Lifebringer (12th August 2014), Limor Wolf (12th August 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th August 2014), Pam (13th August 2014), Pris (12th August 2014), raregem (12th August 2014), RunningDeer (12th August 2014), sheme (12th August 2014), Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Spiral of Light (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014), wnlight (13th August 2014), Zaya (12th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Default Re: Anybody else....?

Here's a poem by Emily Dickinson you might find interesting.

We grow accustomed to the Dark

We grow accustomed to the Dark -
    When Light is put away -
    As when the Neighbor holds the Lamp
    To witness her Good bye -

A Moment - We uncertain step
    For newness of the night -
    Then - fit our Vision to the Dark -
    And meet the Road - erect -

And so of larger - Darknesses -
    Those Evenings of the Brain -
    When not a Moon disclose a sign -
    Or Star - come out - within -

The Bravest - grope a little -
    And sometimes hit a Tree
    Directly in the Forehead -
    But as they learn to see -

Either the Darkness alters -
    Or something in the sight
    Adjusts itself to Midnight -
    And Life steps almost straight.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Agape (12th August 2014), Frank V (12th August 2014), Hazel (12th August 2014), Limor Wolf (12th August 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th August 2014), RunningDeer (12th August 2014), sheme (12th August 2014), Shende (12th August 2014), Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014), wnlight (13th August 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Shende (here)

Presently I am feeling like I've seen all this before and things never seem to change. The suffering, wars, inequality and hatred of one another; feels like I've been in this situation before. A subtle but odd feeling to be sure.

It's like I can almost step back and look at the goings on and see how stupid and futile it all is. I doubt I'm explaining myself very well!

Maybe I'm an 'old soul' who, for some bizarre reason, decided I'll give Earth a go this time, see what the human race is all about. It's a nice place here, don't get me wrong, but the human species has a lot and I mean a lot of growing up to do!

Peace and love guys

Shende x
    Your hitting the old nail right on the head there Shende
    All my feelings and observations exactly!

The other thing to remember is, if you turned IE you Awoke many years back,
    you will have seen and suffered many times already and that's just counting this Life/time-line !

Being Awake and Loving is really painful at-times!
    Being the opposite is not an option, so we suffer until we climb over up it all and become old souls!

Love, Peace and Big Hugs to all
    Alan
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

gardener2 (12th August 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th August 2014), Pris (12th August 2014), RunningDeer (12th August 2014), Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014), wnlight (13th August 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

That is a beautiful poem. Thank you x

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shende For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (12th August 2014), RunningDeer (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

[QUOTE=Shende;863695]Does anybody else feel this way?

Peace and love guys

Shende x[/QUOTE

YES !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Yes me too, I really resonate with the writing at the link below, maybe you guys do too.

http://www.michaelteachings.com/old_soul.html
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 12th August 2014 at 14:37.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is a kind of joke. My teenage son occaisionally comes out with some very profound saying but in a social setting.
    Somebody said to him" Are you a lion or a mouse?"
    He said "Neither, I'm an elephant"
    The other guy , very purplexed said " What?"
    My son replied. " Everyone notices an elephant, but nobody ever fcks with one"............I think that's an old soul speaking LOL

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aheb For This Post:

angelichuman (12th August 2014), sheme (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Sloppyjoe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shende (here)

Peace and love guys

Shende x
    That's because you have seen it all before. Do you consider yourself an old soul that has been around these parts many times? Feelings like that carry with you throughout your lifetimes. I too feel the same, I hardly ever get excited about anything like others do because I feel like I've come to battlefield Earth many of times and that I also know there are much much better existences that I have lived before. When I see headlines of War and suffering I get so numb to it because I know it's just apart of the protocol on this planet. This planet is a war planet, always has been..hearing of suffering is just the nature of the beast.
    I miss those days when we played as kids. No worries about our future, no enemies. Now I close my eyes, trying to go back there with my mind. Oh how I wish I could relive those old times again.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sloppyjoe For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

Shende,

Thank you for posing the question because, yes, I have quietly been suffering the same feelings. Lately in particular, I have been feeling an overwhelming sense of helplessness for the world. It's actually one of the reasons I have been so quiet around these parts. I am just feeling that I don't know what to say or do and that I've seen it all before and it doesn't change.

Before the wave of "with that attitude, then yea, you are helpless" comes on, I know. I know I shouldn't think these things or dwell on them. I know that by doing so I am making it worse. I know. It's just part of the struggle I signed up for I guess.

I can sense many others (yourself, included) are feeling down and out for similar reasons. I have noticed quite a shift in attitude of the people surrounding me (including Avalon). People are frustrated, particularly the highly sensitive/empathic types because they are absorbing so much of this negativity that old coping mechanisms may not be quite doing the trick. Time to up our game and get our sunshine back. Perhaps many of us in this thread could do for some nature time to reconnect and remember why we are here and try to stop thinking so much about how we got here and just be. Maybe that is the answer?

I vow that within the next week I will make a dedicated effort to be in nature and ponder this. Will let you know the results.
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (12th August 2014), Pris (12th August 2014), raregem (31st August 2014), Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

Yes... the feeling of helplessness is overpowering at times. My anger about the world situation often turns to impatience and despair.

It's very hard to live here and know that I must keep myself in a loving place in my heart.

Animals and nature are remarkably healing.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (12th August 2014), raregem (31st August 2014), Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014), Zaya (12th August 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member angelichuman's Avatar
    Thanks

Awe. I understand and feel similar. But to add to the others sharings,
    There is a teaching that says that we are evolving in a spiral fashion. So imagine a circle, us going around and around, repeating the same things. But we can evolve by going up the spiral, instead of around the same circle again. its a neat concept right?!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to angelichuman For This Post:

Pris (12th August 2014), raregem (31st August 2014), Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014), Zaya (12th August 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Sloppyjoe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    Yes... the feeling of helplessness is overpowering at times. My anger about the world situation often turns to impatience and despair.

It's very hard to live here and know that I must keep myself in a loving place in my heart.

Your life will be much easier and happier if you don't put any focus or energy into these "world situations". Focus on yourself, your family, and your friends. Focus on creating a life for yourself that brings you happiness each and every day. Coming to this planet is about the world changing you, not the other way around. After all, we are only human.
    I miss those days when we played as kids. No worries about our future, no enemies. Now I close my eyes, trying to go back there with my mind. Oh how I wish I could relive those old times again.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sloppyjoe For This Post:

42 (12th August 2014), KiwiElf (12th August 2014), Pris (12th August 2014), raregem (31st August 2014), Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014), Zaya (12th August 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

In my opinion the hardship and the suffering is one of our best teachers. It erodes and deepens the spirit, it get's a person to review old subconscious patterns, to let go of old attachments. It can ultimately transform consciousness totally.

I'm not really worried about earth and humanity. I believe for some reason that there are many older souls coming in at present to balance out certain energies. Besides that the same old stories are being played out, over and over again, only the appearance of it varies.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 12th August 2014 at 20:27.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Gardener (13th August 2014), Pris (12th August 2014), Sunny-side-up (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

Quote Posted by Sloppyjoe (here)

Your life will be much easier and happier if you don't put any focus or energy into these "world situations". Focus on yourself, your family, and your friends. Focus on creating a life for yourself that brings you happiness each and every day. Coming to this planet is about the world changing you, not the other way around. After all, we are only human.
    That's good advice. I think I'll go ahead and take it myself. I've never thought of it in such terms... of coming here to be changed by the world. Instead I've put too much focus on my inability to change it.
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

KiwiElf (12th August 2014), Pris (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Coming to this planet is about the world changing you, not the other way around. After all, we are only human.
    WOW, that's well put! Love it!
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 12th August 2014 at 18:33. Reason: misspelling

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Pris (12th August 2014), raregem (31st August 2014)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    Coming to this planet is about the world changing you, not the other way around. After all, we are only human.
    To be honest, this is one of the most deluded, New Age sayings I have ever heard. That is very much a selfish notion to think that the world is here for you to experience, and that you should not give anything in return.

I prefer to hold the notion that I am here to leave this planet better off than when I came here for future generations to enjoy. I am here to help rid the planet of an Archonic parasite that has led to the suffering that goes on with the whole planet. You can bet this world is changing me! All the murdering, raping, and stealing is giving me the impression that this is a very immoral society at the collective level. This world has changed me by making me realize how much I want to change this world.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Shezbeth (15th August 2014)

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    To be honest, this is one of the most deluded, New Age sayings I have ever heard. That is very much a selfish notion to think that the world is here for you to experience, and that you should not give anything in return.

I prefer to hold the notion that I am here to leave this planet better off than when I came here for future generations to enjoy. I am here to help rid the planet of an Archonic parasite that has led to the suffering that goes on with the whole planet. You can bet this world is changing me! All the murdering, raping, and stealing is giving me the impression that this is a very immoral society at the collective level. This world has changed me by making me realize how much I want to change this world.
    How is it selfish to say that the world changes you? I suppose if you said it like this: "I'm here, world. Bring it on and change me!"

Is it not also a selfish notion to say "I'm here to change the world."?

Personally, I agree that we are here to do something. Participate. I do not think we're just supposed to sit on the sidelines and watch.

But, whether the statement in question is one or the other, it's all basically the same thing. Aren't we all the world, the universe, and everything? It's a mirror. So, essentially, we're here to change ourselves (hopefully, for the better).
    Last edited by Pris; 12th August 2014 at 19:39.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Skyhaven (12th August 2014), Wind (12th August 2014), wnlight (13th August 2014)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)

The statement doesn't really exclude you not doing anything in return.

The world being a big school where we learn lessons, has more depth to me, than putting it the other way around saying I'm here to improve the school because there are some very bad students in it.

But it is important to be precise what we mean by for instance the word 'world', before we are going to proceed and strand in a mess of differently interpreted abstractions.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 12th August 2014 at 21:04.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Pris (13th August 2014), wnlight (13th August 2014)

37. Link to Post #19
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Most likely we experience alt least one lifetime to learn what it is like to try to change the world, and another lifetime to learn what it is like for the world to change us. I am sure that we also had many lifetimes when the concept never troubled us.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Pris (13th August 2014), raregem (31st August 2014), Skyhaven (13th August 2014), Wind (13th August 2014), Zaya (13th August 2014)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    Most likely we experience alt least one lifetime to learn what it is like to try to change the world, and another lifetime to learn what it is like for the world to change us. I am sure that we also had many lifetimes when the concept never troubled us.
    Yes, could be. Maybe we have spend a lot of lifetimes building up the ego structure, becoming more and more attached to fame, status, materialism, power to control and dominate, to rise to the challenge, service to self in general, then ultimately wearing ourselves out completely, burning out if you will, take a trip into the underworld, where there is depression, fear and turmoil and come out the other end as a reborn spirit.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 13th August 2014 at 17:47.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Pris (13th August 2014), Wind (13th August 2014), wnlight (14th August 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast