+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Past-life personalities you recall

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Default Past-life personalities you recall

I have really hesitated to share this, but am risking it now, even though it feels as if I am breaking a confidence, or exposing something very private that is not entirely my own - in an astral situation about a year ago, I was informed that I had been certain person in my immediate past life. (This was a man, but in this life I am in a female body)

I finally got around to doing some research about him, and have been quite shaken by what I discovered, & also what I am beginning to remember in flashes. His work & life was strangely enough not included in my education; he died on the day I was born & somehow was overlooked by my teachers, although I had heard his name in passing.

I've always been fascinated by his country of birth & was puzzled many years ago to find that I understood the language (don't want to give away too much as I don't want to feed my ego here) but as it is a romance language, it is not entirely incomprehensibly different from my "present" mother tongue.

In another astral experience, which actually took place on my last birthday, I was thanked by some beautiful gold, blue & silver Beings for "my past work in performing the music of Bach". This embarrassed me deeply - when I used to perform in my small way in "'this" life I avoided Bach entirely, & concentrated on later composers, although I obviously loved listening to Bach. . . . .

I have been thinking about all this, & am seriously conflicted by several considerations, as well as feeling deeply humbled & strangely upset. If I look too deeply into the matter, I begin to feel unpleasant physical symptoms including dizziness & nausea.

I have now "concluded" that this present personality that I wear could at best only have been part of an over- soul-group, which could possibly, I suppose, have included this great man; but am convinced that "I", personally, was not actually "him".

I do hope that my astral informants were not being cruel or mocking - they certainly seemed benevolent; but why would they tell me something like this? Neither they nor I gain anything from it; in fact I am ashamed & almost depressed to realize how far short I have come this time round if this is true.

I've had flashes over the years of several other of my "lives"; as a woman in a long brown dress who walked miles through cold fields each day, to work in a rich man's house; existences on other "planets" or dimensions; a pilot called Eduard who died in WWII - but nothing has truly touched me as deeply as this has done.

Has anyone else had similar experiences that they would be willing to share? How did you handle the "knowledge"?

2. The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Alien Ramone (24th August 2014), annacherie (21st August 2014), aonascimento (15th August 2014), avid (14th August 2014), Axman (14th August 2014), Baby Steps (20th November 2014), Becky (14th August 2014), betoobig (14th August 2014), Bill Ryan (19th August 2014), Creedence (20th August 2014), Hazel (20th August 2014), Hervé (14th August 2014), Ivanhoe (14th August 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), Jovian (17th August 2014), kanishk (18th August 2014), karelia (15th August 2014), Krist (21st August 2014), Laura Elina (20th August 2014), Magnus (20th August 2014), Marin (21st August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), naste.de.lumina (19th August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), Pam (16th August 2014), Peter UK (30th July 2019), powessy (14th August 2014), raregem (14th August 2014), Rich (22nd August 2014), Robin (15th August 2014), Roisin (14th August 2014), Rollo (14th August 2014), sdv (15th August 2014), seko (20th November 2014), Selene (14th August 2014), shadowstalker (14th August 2014), skamandar (24th August 2014), Skyhaven (14th August 2014), Spirithorse (20th August 2014), Star Tsar (15th August 2014), TelosianEmbrace (16th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th August 2014), toothpick (23rd August 2014), TrumanCash (14th August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014), Wind (14th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,729 times in 1,343 posts

Default Re: Past-life personalities you recall

I have recovered the memories of many past lives as I am certain that other people on this forum have done. People are often mocked for stating that they remember a past life of a noteworthy personality. From my own experiences I do know that sometimes one can tap into a past life of another entity that has identified with oneself. There is also the possibility that a past life memory can be a false, (i.e., implanted) memory. Abducting ETs do this routinely.

However, the fact remains that someone had to be Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, JFK, Ghandi, Elvis, etc, etc. Therefore, if a famous personality or political figure reincarnates later on they could potentially tap into the memory of that past life.

I have had this experience. Not just because I undertook the challenge to uncover many past lives, but because I was manipulated for thousands of years by the ET groups that have been manipulating the inhabitants of this planet. I am not alone in this. Other people that we call "abductees" have also been followed from lifetime to lifetime and sometimes placed in important political/governmental positions, secrets societies and religions. This is not a natural reincarnation process but an enforced one.

When I first came upon my past life as pharaoh Ramses II, I was not initially entirely convinced that this was indeed one of my past lives. However, after uncovering a number of memories of that lifetime, including dates and the age of my death, I consulted historical references and found the dates were accurate and the incidents actually happened. This was surprising since I had never studied Egyptology. After recovering the memories I also consulted Zecharia Sitchin's books regarding Ramses II and found that two of my memories had been accurately documented by the Egyptians, thereby verifying the authenticity of my memories. I documented this lifetime in the first chapter of my book, THE EYE OF RA, and anyone can read it free of charge by clicking on the link below.

Truman
    Last edited by TrumanCash; 14th August 2014 at 14:26.

4. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Adi (21st August 2014), Alien Ramone (24th August 2014), avid (14th August 2014), Axman (14th August 2014), Baby Steps (20th November 2014), Benimal (8th December 2014), Cara (16th August 2014), chocolate (21st August 2014), Hazel (20th August 2014), Hervé (14th August 2014), Jean-Marie (20th November 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), kanishk (18th August 2014), karelia (15th August 2014), Krist (21st August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), naste.de.lumina (19th August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), Peter UK (30th July 2019), raregem (14th August 2014), sdv (15th August 2014), Selene (14th August 2014), sheme (14th August 2014), Skyhaven (14th August 2014), Spirithorse (20th August 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (14th August 2014), Unicorn (15th August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Thanks for sharing kirolak. For me it is difficult to trace anything back to 'individuals', I often dream in detail about things that I can't connect to the conscious experiences that I had. They are oftentimes so vivid that I have difficulty switching back to my day to day life. Some things make sense, some other things I have a lot of questions about, but I don't really want to focus on it because I can't connect the dots, at least not yet.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Hervé (14th August 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), kirolak (15th August 2014), Krist (21st August 2014), naste.de.lumina (19th August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), sdv (15th August 2014), seko (20th November 2014), Selene (14th August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014), Wind (14th August 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,225 times in 1,108 posts

While your experience, Kirolak, may be a new one for you, I want to assure you that it is perfectly normal and a natural part of your personal evolution. And yes, it is entirely possible that you’ve had a life as “someone recognizable”. Anyone might.

At this stage of your recollections, I would suggest – if I may - that you explore your own memories quietly by yourself, allowing them to arise naturally over time. Allow yourself to feel any emotions that may be connected with these images or senses, knowing that at all times you are safely “here” in your present body and this present lifetime. Explore in your own way and on your own time.

If I were you, I’d refrain from consulting anyone who may – with the best of intentions – purport to “confirm” or “identify” your past incarnations, as they may simply be picking up telepathically on your own ideas. You might some point want to work with a qualified past life therapist who can assist without leading you, but this is certainly not necessary.

And you are wise to refrain from identifying this prior personality here, if simply to avoid other well-intended members from inadvertently steering you in directions that may not be valid in terms of your own experience.

But hearing of your progress in these matters here is certainly most welcome.

For myself, I’m pretty sure I was never anyone famous, although I have certainly been at the royal courts of many well-known persons. (I seem to have a long-term assignment as an advisor or consultant to those in power, for unknown reasons. This aspect of my personality continues to this day in ways I find quite fascinating BTW.) It’s always a little uncanny for me to visit old palaces and castles and “know” where that corridor leads – or dammit – that they’ve changed something I fondly remember.

One of my strongest recollections is of being at the court of Henry VIII, as a junior lady-in-waiting, probably to Catherine of Aragon or possibly Anne Boleyn. I know I spent most of my days sitting in a particular gallery room at Hampton Court outside the queen’s chamber, doing fine needlework with the other ladies. At times we sat in considerable and silent tension, as the atmosphere surrounding the queen had become quite poisonous.

In this life, when I finally had the opportunity to visit Hampton Court, I sailed eagerly through the palace’s galleried courtyards, heading by radar to my old room with the view I remembered so well. As we walked into that courtyard, I looked around in dismay. Nothing was the same! The old Tudor building wasn’t there. Instead there stood a 17th century palace, which I toured somewhat dyspeptically, standing in the spot where I “knew” my old room had been, knowing the queen’s chamber was next door, but..... nothing looked right. I was disappointed.

But at the end of the tour, we entered a room with a scale model of the entire complex. One of the museum’s curators/enactors stood nearby, answering questions about the location of washrooms, etc. Rather intrepidly, I asked her if she could tell me anything about that wing. She launched into a well-rehearsed spiel. But, I ventured, was there ever an earlier Tudor structure on that site...?

She brightened. No one ever asked her that. Yes, in fact that had been Catherine of Aragon’s wing... old-fashioned building... torn down to build the new one under William & Mary...they did that sort of thing frequently in those days...no sense of history...

I know what I know. And so do you.

Regards,

Selene

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

annacherie (21st August 2014), avid (14th August 2014), Axman (14th August 2014), Baby Steps (20th November 2014), Cara (16th August 2014), gripreaper (18th August 2014), Hervé (14th August 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), karelia (14th August 2014), kirolak (15th August 2014), Krist (21st August 2014), Laura Elina (20th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), naste.de.lumina (19th August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), Peter UK (30th July 2019), sdv (15th August 2014), sheme (14th August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014), Wind (14th August 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I did a PLR once all I can remember now is a lot of REM this was weird a kind of waking dream followed then I had this picture of being a long headed Egyptian no hair 'shaved off I think' I was waiting to meet a Roman chap about some building work I/he was involved with, I remember coins with holes in them, I remember being cared for by a lady that was my mother but she was very reverential to me, I had a long head dress. Can't remember the name I had. if it was even me. I was a male. Interesting at the time but then I snapped out of it.

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    I have had this experience. Not just because I undertook the challenge to uncover many past lives, but because I was manipulated for thousands of years by the ET groups that have been manipulating the inhabitants of this planet.
    I wonder if it's possible that you are from this race of ETs and they are working through you via your phyisical incarnations here. (Kinda like you're the only one of their group who had the guts to jump into a human form.)

The reason I ask is because you then state that you were Ramses II. And imprinting past lives of that significance can often be a sign that you are simply non-native and needed some experiences to shape a proper subconscious while you were here.

It's also possible that Ramses II was an ET, and that really was you.

You are certainly fascinating to me, regardless. :- )

Seeker
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 14th August 2014 at 20:11.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

chocolate (21st August 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), kirolak (15th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), naste.de.lumina (19th August 2014), sdv (15th August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Joe Akulis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 times in 510 posts

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    I have now "concluded" that this present personality that I wear could at best only have been part of an over- soul-group, which could possibly, I suppose, have included this great man; but am convinced that "I", personally, was not actually "him".
    I wonder if what you're describing characterizes the difference between someone finishing one life, and remaining in 4th density, vs someone returning/reintegrating with their Higher Self first, before deciding to have another life.

In the first case, the usual scenario seems to be something like: After dying, a person reverts back to an "energy body" going through the typical routine of having a life review, and then resting, recovering from the life you just completed, and then eventually deciding to "go back in" and have another physical incarnation, and determining what the goals/purpose will be for the new life you are about to begin. All the while still believing in the afterlife that you are that persona of the life you last lived, right up until your next incarnation starts and you put on the forgetfulness of it all.

In the second example, perhaps some people upon death already are familliar with the act of reintegrating with their Higher Self, at a plane above 4th density, (perhaps 6th?). If you are aware of other lifetimes on other planets then this sounds quite possible to me, in your case.

Maybe when we start a new life by issuing from our HS, versus from the persona of the last person you were, who never left 4d and never shed that last persona, then the past life experiences have a completely different feel to them.

Fun to ponder.

Seeker.
    Last edited by Joe Akulis; 14th August 2014 at 20:32.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Joe Akulis For This Post:

gripreaper (18th August 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), kirolak (15th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), naste.de.lumina (19th August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), sdv (15th August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

I think empathic people have two general experiences in this regard: the experience of being influenced by powerful souls from the past in a time of public or private growth/crisis,
    and the persistent coincidences/synchronicities that accompany a person actually having traveled in the physical channel of the past life.

i.e. you'll find souls that influence you from outside and then you'll find the soul(s) that influence you from the INSIDE. telling the difference can be really hard! especially if you have gifts like ESP or are sensitive to impulses from Beyond.

@@

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    I was thanked by some beautiful gold, blue & silver Beings for "my past work in performing the music of Bach".
    Sure, if you feel that you were ol' Johann in a past life, then so be it. Why not? I believe it.

But keep in mind that although Johann was a composer, thousands of people "perform the music of Bach."
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Thank you, Truman - I have already had the pleasure of reading your very insightful books; I felt a deep resonance with what you shared publically, & am honoured that you responded to me personally - respect!!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), kanishk (18th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), sdv (15th August 2014), seko (20th November 2014), TrumanCash (23rd November 2014)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Samwise, I was definitely not implying that I WAS Bach (or any of his many family members). I was, in the apparent past life, a performer of his compositions (as well as music by many other composers)/

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), Robin (15th August 2014), sdv (15th August 2014), seko (20th November 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,548 times in 833 posts

Six previous lifetimes I have recalled through hypnosis. I do not get information such as an exact date or place, nor even a name. I just see scenes, in that life and in my death in that life, and in my crossing over to the world/dimension of spirit. I have to remember everything I saw and, from that, get an approximate guess about dates and places. Some themes have emerged:

I have always incarnated as a female (or if I have incarnated as a male, I have not remembered those lifetimes).

I was never anyone famous or connected to anyone famous and have no recollection of being part of a significant event in human history (I was always just another person in the background).

I have always incarnated because I was interested in experiencing something, rather than choosing a lifetime to learn lessons or work off bad karma or fulfill a chosen goal (other than to experience being human in a time when something was happening on Earth that I found very interesting, such as the development of hunting communities, an African tribe developing into a warmongering tribe, the huge growth of seafaring communities, the proliferation of printed books, or urbanisation ... there is one lifetime for which I cannot figure out what was the interest that drew me to incarnating!).

Every lifetime is a new experience and so being an old soul does not make me a wise human being. (Perhaps I should incarnate more frequently if I want to have wisdom and power as a human being on this Earth!)

In incarnating, I have always accepted that being human is risky (so in three lifetimes I did not live to adulthood simply because human incarnation is a very risky choice). From my recall of lifetimes, I have never had the feeling that death was pre-planned. I got the feeling that if you come to Earth, stuff happens and that is the risk you accept. I chose families and places that gave me the best likelihood of experiencing what I wanted to experience, but had no foreknowledge about or control over if I would survive a plague or not, experience drama because of my own foolish choices, and so on.

When I died, I was only met by someone connected to me in that lifetime who had died once. In all other deaths, I was met by 'angels' (shimmering, loving, caring, concerned beings of light). The more traumatic the death, the more 'angels' there were.

I do not believe that my experiences are a blueprint for everyone. There are endless, ever increasing possibilities in this creative universe. We are all unique individual creations in that universe and we all have unique experiences and make unique choices (even though there is a huge overlap in what we choose and what we experience, and everything we experience is interconnected with what everyone else experiences).

Were these past life recalls part of my imagination? I suspected so with one. There was no way that everything I saw could have existed in the same time period ... it just did not make sense to me and I wondered if I was creating a fantasy story. Then I did research and everything I saw fitted into a late Middle Ages time period. What I saw in the scenes did not match with anything I had seen in a movie or read in a book I had read (which is why I was skeptical), but when I did the research, what I saw in those scenes was realistic.

Lastly, in my physical body, in my interests, in my energy, in being a woman, in this lifetime, I carry echoes of other lifetimes. They feel like imprints that I did not deliberately choose but are a possibility that I accept. It feels like bravado ... I survived/overcame this once before so I am confident that I can do so again! (Famous last words ... Ha!)
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

22. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

annacherie (21st August 2014), Hazel (20th August 2014), Joe Akulis (16th August 2014), kanishk (18th August 2014), kirolak (16th August 2014), Krist (21st August 2014), Laura Elina (20th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), seko (20th November 2014), Selene (18th August 2014), sheme (16th August 2014), Skyhaven (19th August 2014), william r sanford72 (16th August 2014), Zampano (22nd August 2014)

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Cool Re: Past-life personalities you recall

I appreciate the thoughtful and respectful replies here to your post. Obviously there are many others here who have personal experience accessing the multi-dimensionality of the soul, on some level.

Yes, kirolak, I empathize with you, having gone through apparently tapping into some 'famous' past lives myself, many years ago. I went through that state you are in--the ego being triggered, the sense of responsibility for that lifetime…. In one of the cases, it was for the consequences of this man’s actions, which would affect generations afterward. It takes time to process all those energies and eventually have it dissipate and not be so personal and potent and constant in your consciousness.

...When I first accessed those 'lives,' my mind almost schismed. It was so challenging. You wonder, what the heck is going on? What am I tapping into? I had previously had success accessing apparent other lifetimes, which had powerful emotional baggage that I needed to process in order to eliminate blind spots about my character that I had in this life. It became rather routine. Whenever I had any kind of block in this life, where I didn’t know why I had certain strong, “irrational” responses to certain situations--or even specific people--in my life, I could go into this kind of semi-conscious reverie and “press” into the emotion I was feeling, and be open to sense where it all “started.” And some flash of a scenario would come to me that triggered a strong emotional release. It was perhaps just a scene, as sdv mentions. Sometimes I’d have to dwell in that space for a few weeks, purging waves and waves of emotions, until it was all ‘deactivated.’

…But how could I trust this one? ...But, at the same time, I felt--yes, this personality really does really feel like 'me' and explains a lot of who I am now.

I made several attempts to have past life practitioners help me. Some part of me wanted someone outside of myself to validate this. Some kind of objective acknowledgment that it wasn't some ego-maniacal, desperate part of myself making this up. And perhaps it was equally about being able to present such supposed 'objective evidence' of a practitioner's validation to others, in my fear of their opinion. But I was not able to ever open up to allow access to my subconscious with a practitioner, as it seemed I had to process it myself. I had to be able to give up my ego attachment to this lifetime.

... One of these historical lifetimes finally made an appearance in a regression I undertook with a professional, about two years ago. ...I felt that was some indication that I was ready to let it go, when my ego stopped defending the persona. The regression featured me taking him through his feelings on his death bed. …It has taken many years of processing, and accepting those personae…and how they resonated in this current form, as well.

It is difficult to find an accepting outlet for sharing such lifetimes. ...When one shares an anonymous life of a common person, who is there to challenge what you recall? Recalling specific known lives of important figures can bring up all kinds of strong reactions in others. You are not allowed to just have your simple, emotional recollections without being challenged to answer for every action in that person's life. "Are you sure you aren't fantasizing to fulfill some desperate need?" "Were you obsessed with this person before?" "The details you give are different from the history books, and I'm an expert on that person." "Why did you do X, Y, and Z in that lifetime?"

Back then, about ten or twelve years ago, I briefly found an understanding place in sharing on Carol Bowman's past life forum. It was a strange point and place in time, of a confluence of many people apparently with famous past lives. However, it was apparently even too much for the administrators of that site, and the vast majority of those posts were eventually culled in a site overhaul. Amid the dross, much valuable and interesting information was also lost...even if it was just to observe how people handled themselves in this milieu. There were some strong personalities there, as people seemed to be channeling the energies of the personae of those previous lifetimes and this lifetime at the same time. But—wouldn’t it make sense that the powerful figures of the past have an inherent confidence about their own self-worth across time? …Yet, I’ve seen some people really grab onto the past persona and attempt to ‘be’ that person again; and this seems like truly a cruel and sad trick the ego is playing on them.

It is true that you can’t know what people are tapping into, as they make their claims, and you may feel doubtful about them. Some don’t seem to feel the same sense of responsibility and burden about the historical lifetime that I do. However, as sdv says, it seems there are quite varied ways of experiencing lives here. For me it seems a lot of emotional healing was called for now. It is usually not hard facts and images of period costume, etc, that I recall, though I have had senses of specific years sometimes. Also, other people who were in 'my' various lives I also encountered in this lifetime. Thus, a lot of the work was via dwelling on my relationships…the past dynamics often reflecting in the present. Parallels between past and present names, current-life situations, physical appearances, etc. did seem like an objective confirmation of my sense of things.

As well, as seeker suggested, there is the supposed phenomenon of being ‘imprinted’ with the memories of a famous lifetime. Dolores Cannon described in one of her books the idea of souls, perhaps inexperienced on earth, being able to have some kind of contextual understanding of the human experience by having access to the lifetimes of historical figures. Perhaps this explains those who have recollections yet don’t seem to carry the sense of personal responsibility for a lifetime that many of us do.

And Truman mentions the idea of souls having been strongly influenced by ET groups with certain agendas. In my case, they are lifetimes of playing a role as a figure in the Judeo-Christian drama, and I don’t doubt the possibility that the energies that were known as “Yahweh” or “Jehovah” or “Elohim” or whatever were something I was supposed to be an earthly instrument or intermediary for. I’d love to get to the bottom of that someday.

...And of course the phenomenon of famous lives brings up others who sense they 'were' that same persona. Thus, this can be a tool for us to understand better the nature of the 'soul.' As you say, we are made to consider the idea of us being part of an 'oversoul.' The idea as presented in the Michael Teachings does resonate with me—that we are part of ever-larger oversoul groups; with the smallest unit being the 'souls' closest to us. There is also some Eastern theory of the soul, I don't know the details, but it involved the idea that in future incarnations, separate individuals can carry the different 'parts' of a persona. One could carry the emotional being, one the mental, etc.

Also, the idea that souls can ‘split’ indefinitely, and that older souls utilize this to experience more and more as they evolve in order to “get on with it all;” would mean a past persona could exist in who knows how many incarnations now?

Kirolak, in my opinion, in some way you are meant to ‘claim’ this past persona as your own, from what you have shared here. You are entitled to process it however you are led to. (If you care to message me to share, please feel free. I understand the need to unburden oneself, for sure.) Perhaps part of the journey is an evolution of your ‘ego’ that you are to experience, as I felt in my case. To me that would seem a reasonable idea, when faced with a 'famous' life. It is a challenging trip, but one you are meant to take at this time.

This kind of statement—“in fact I am ashamed & almost depressed to realize how far short I have come this time round if this is true”—I certainly understand. (I feel for you! I’m glad I’m not in that space anymore.) But it is only because we are trying to fit this into a certain concept of soul that we have such a response. I find peace in the idea that the soul also needs lifetimes to process and assimilate. This certainly feels valid in my case. Lots of tying up of loose karmic ends, including relationships. I am certainly not drawn to any type of notoriety or grand publicly-recognized achievement in this life.

We have the potential with this phenomenon to advance our understanding of the nature of ‘soul.’ It is clearly not as simplistic as we keep trying to make it. Even the concept of ‘soul:’ what the heck are we even talking about? We pretend there is this ‘thing,’ but our current concept of it will only exist as long as we need it to.

I have continued to sense myself as part of an ever larger and larger ‘thing.’ The boundaries of the ‘self’ continue to fade, as we realize all that we have apparently ‘experienced’ across time and space. But in the end, will it matter what we are tapping into, if our hearts learn--or remember--that "we" are "them" and "they" are "us?"

Thank you for putting yourself out there, kirolak, and starting the topic. It has been good for me to be able to articulate my story, thus far, as well.
    Last edited by Jovian; 18th August 2014 at 11:26.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jovian For This Post:

annacherie (21st August 2014), Hazel (20th August 2014), hohoemi (20th August 2014), Ivanhoe (21st August 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), kirolak (25th August 2014), Laura Elina (21st August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), sdv (19th August 2014), Selene (18th August 2014), sheme (25th August 2014), Skyhaven (19th August 2014)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Mmm. I like this that I found at Michael Teachings Q&A pages:

TIME

Q: Previously, it had been channeled by Michael students and through
    other entities that time does not exist except on the physical plane
    and that if we were to be aware of this while on the physical plane,
    we would understand that all of our lives are occurring
    simultaneously. The image presented was that of each life being
    represented by a sheet of paper with all the lives being represented
    by sheets of paper on a spindle. As that is the reality that has
    been presented, and all these lives are in some way influencing the
    others, is it possible to do energy work extending into all of those
    lives, or selected lives, in both directions both past and future,
    as a means of harmonizing the energy across all lives as expressed
    and extending from the life from which the energy work is done,
    thereby benefiting it as well as all the other lives? And what
    other values are there to this exercise as well?

A: Of course there is a way, multiple ways, of both accessing and
    influencing the lives lived simultaneously by any fragment. You do
    this frequently, most fragments do, and there are often startling
    results. Although the image you set forth is apt, there is one
    piece missing, and that is of dimension. Each lifetime is not only
    a two-dimensional flat piece of paper, represented by such, but is
    also more or less a sphere with multiple other spheres laid onto it,
    all occupying the same space. We give this example partly to
    benefit the channel, so that our later words can come through with
    the most clarity possible. We say, then, that all lives can and are
    influenced by anything and everything you do right now, or at any
    other point in any lifetime. Oh, the unending possibilities! <G>
    Know, then, that each lifetime already or yet to be lived is not a
    static thing, and indeed outcomes change with regularity. Details
    we give of various lifetimes lived by various fragments change
    almost as soon as the words are transmitted from us to the fragment
    in question. Even the mere knowing of any tiny detail of a lifetime
    is enough to create change. Think of the "butterfly effect" and you
    get the idea. So why this seemingly fruitless exercise of
    recounting countless lifetimes, reciting them almost by rote,
    accessing the Akashic records (which are in a state of flux
    constantly, if we are to be believed, instead of this rather dusty
    library so many humans seem to picture), and so forth performed, let
    alone in any way useful? The reason is this: there are trends,
    energy chains, which occur and wend themselves through the tapestry,
    the 3-D tapestry we might add, of a fragment's lifetime. There is
    an imprint carried there that has repercussions not only on the past
    but on the future as well. You already know this; this is not new
    to you. But know too that ANYTHING done on the physical plane has
    immediate and lasting effect on every lifetime lived by that
    fragment, as well as every lifetime lived by any other fragment who
    ever came in contact with the first fragment. Is this mind-bending
    enough for you? So why go through this exercise at all, you may
    ask, if everything changes at all times and nothing remains the
    same? How are we to learn from this constant state of change? The
    answer is: you don't. You learn from your responses to any given
    set of data. It matters not that the data change at all times; the
    responses are valid.

CHANNELED BY: Karen Murphy & Michael Toth

http://www.michaelteachings.com/chan...LD_SOUL_TERROR

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jovian For This Post:

Flash (19th August 2014), Hazel (20th August 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th August 2014), kirolak (25th August 2014), sdv (19th August 2014)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

-------

This is a most fascinating subject, and my thanks to you for opening it up.

I do know the problem (and it is a problem!) of having been a historical personage, so to speak. I've been four in the last 2,000 years, if we take the definition that they can all be looked up on Wikipedia.

One was a moderately obscure (but still historically known) early Christian Gnostic theologian. Another, just 100 years ago, was a well-known English mountaineer. (With a truly dramatic story to tell, too!) The third was a Mayan king, and the fourth, far better known than any of these, was a very famous Tibetan teacher and poet; and that alone brings a few tears to my eyes, it really does.

All that pales in comparison with a good friend (also a forum member here), who was undoubtedly one of the most famous and significant people in history. Not my story to tell (except that I was peripherally involved both in helping to uncover/discover the story, and was also present as a supporter in that person's historical life) — but maybe it will be some day. If so, I'd venture to guess that everyone here would be more than enthralled.

I also have no doubt that many others here were quite significant historical figures. This is not a competition! But it is a problem, as one doesn't want these things to hook the ego.

The best response (and attitude) is probably that of David Wilcock, who was almost certainly Edgar Cayce. When asked about it (as he often is), he explains that it IS a problem, because it's not who he WAS, or may have been, that's of any significance (and that's correct, of course). It's who he is NOW. That's all that counts — rightly so.

28. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

42 (21st August 2014), Adi (21st August 2014), annacherie (21st August 2014), Becky (19th August 2014), Benimal (9th December 2014), chocolate (21st August 2014), Cognitive Dissident (22nd August 2014), Flash (19th August 2014), Hazel (20th August 2014), Hervé (19th August 2014), Jean-Marie (20th August 2014), JRS (20th August 2014), kanishk (20th August 2014), karelia (19th August 2014), kirolak (25th August 2014), Krist (21st August 2014), Lysaur (3rd December 2014), Magnus (20th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), Natalia (3rd December 2014), Omni (19th August 2014), onawah (19th August 2014), peterspm (20th August 2014), Robin (19th August 2014), sdv (19th August 2014), seko (20th November 2014), Selene (19th August 2014), sheme (25th August 2014), Spirithorse (20th August 2014), toothpick (23rd August 2014), TrumanCash (23rd November 2014), Wind (20th August 2014), Yoda (20th August 2014)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

I have read that many souls who think they were a particular (same) personage in a past life, and have many accurate memories of that personage's life, have actually only monitored that person's life because there were similar life lessons that they wanted to learn about.
    Apparently this monitoring process can be witnessed from the inside out, that is, experienced as if one were actually the person whose life you are monitoring.
    (BTW, Chris Thomas mentioned that the Velon have technology that they have employed which allow them to monitor human lives in this same fashion.)
    How one can tell if they were actually that personage or whether they simply monitored that person and are recalling memories from that monitoring process, I cannot say.
    But this would certainly explain why so many people seem to have memories from one particular lifetime that could only have been lived by one soul.
    But there are other ways that can be helpful in determining whether you were that person or not, for example as in David Wilcock's case, where he has access to photographs of Edgar Cayce, who certainly does bear a strong resemblance to David, and the photos of a number of people who were friends of Cayce and who strongly resemble friends of David in his present life.
    And people tend to reincarnate in groups, so you may recognize people in this lifetime as people you have known in past lives, which can give clues.
    Individual soul groups tend to have common missions that can extend over many lifetimes, and that can afford clues as well.
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Flash (19th August 2014), kirolak (25th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014)

31. Link to Post #17
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

I think I was murdered a couple of times. To this day I can't stand anyone walking up to me from behind. I always sit with my back to the wall in restaurants. I think I was literally stabbed in the back. I have vague memories of Sichuan. I also see fleeting glimpses of being one of the good guys in the Vatican when the 'good pope' was elected.

I forget his name, the one who looked like Peter Sellers.

I remember the elation as 'our man' got in, and then the dread and hopelessness as we realized the dark team would not let him live. There was a sect of nuns, very powerful and relentlessly evil, that were especially frightening. They were called the sisters of sorrow, or sisterhood of mercy, or sisterhood of misericordia or something along those lines. I think a bunch of us were killed in that episode.

This could all be my vivid imagination, but I get these daydreams from time to time.
    Last edited by Daozen; 19th August 2014 at 20:44.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

airaspect (21st August 2014), Flash (19th August 2014), Hazel (20th August 2014), kirolak (25th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014), sheme (25th August 2014), skamandar (24th August 2014), Unicorn (19th August 2014)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

This is a most fascinating subject, and my thanks to you for opening it up.

I do know the problem (and it is a problem!) of having been a historical personage, so to speak. I've been four in the last 2,000 years, if we take the definition that they can all be looked up on Wikipedia.

One was a moderately obscure (but still historically known) early Christian Gnostic theologian. Another, just 100 years ago, was a well-known English mountaineer. (With a truly dramatic story to tell, too!) The third was a Mayan king, and the fourth, far better known than any of these, was a very famous Tibetan teacher and poet; and that alone brings a few tears to my eyes, it really does.

All that pales in comparison with a good friend (also a forum member here), who was undoubtedly one of the most famous and significant people in history. Not my story to tell (except that I was peripherally involved both in helping to uncover/discover the story, and was also present as a supporter in that person's historical life) — but maybe it will be some day. If so, I'd venture to guess that everyone here would be more than enthralled.

I also have no doubt that many others here were quite significant historical figures. This is not a competition! But it is a problem, as one doesn't want these things to hook the ego.

The best response (and attitude) is probably that of David Wilcock, who was almost certainly Edgar Cayce. When asked about it (as he often is), he explains that it IS a problem, because it's not who he WAS, or may have been, that's of any significance (and that's correct, of course). It's who he is NOW. That's all that counts — rightly so.
    I so admire those who have chosen power, position and wisdom to try to influence humanity in past lifetimes, and then have chosen to come back and try to do so again.

Look at history and how events repeat. Human beings seem to recreate the same old stuff in different ways, and I believe that we are living in a very dark age for humanity and there seems to be no will or desire to hear and commit to the messages of people such as Wade Frasier and so many others that we hear on this forum. I have become so disillusioned in this lifetime! But, a part of me know that curiosity will develop into interest and then a desire to experience and be a part of whatever is happening in humanity that created the spark of curiosity, and so, although I never want to come back, I probably will.

I do believe that we are each unique, connected to everything in the universe and thus being influenced by anything and everything, but remaining individuals in all that is and ever was and ever will be.

I do admire those who choose to live on Earth over and over again and to do so to change humanity into what humans can be rather than experiencing the same old stuff over and over again. So, to have been an important historical person in a past lifetime has a significance beyond ego. You chose to come back and try again, and again, and again! And you know how risky it is and how darned impossible human beings are! I admire rather than disbelieve or criticise those who remember being someone famous or important or powerful or wise (and so on) in a previous lifetime.

PS I ask for and welcome sharing from all those who do remember significant previous lifetimes.

Here is a very interesting NDE experience that I found ...

Last edited by sdv; 20th August 2014 at 17:56.
    Sandie

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Hazel (20th August 2014), kirolak (25th August 2014), Maunagarjana (22nd August 2014)

35. Link to Post #19
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Jean Nicolas Arthur Rimbaud & James Douglas Morrison.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creedence For This Post:

kirolak (25th August 2014), sdv (20th August 2014)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Creedence (here)
    Jean Nicolas Arthur Rimbaud & James Douglas Morrison.
    Please tell us more about these past lifetimes. Please share the wisdom and learning and experiences of these lifetimes.
    Sandie

38. The Following User Says Thank You to sdv For This Post:

kirolak (25th August 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast