+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let the Sun Shine In! by Stephanie Seneff, BS, PhD.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

Default Let the Sun Shine In! by Stephanie Seneff, BS, PhD.

Outline:
    • People who live in sunny places are healthier
    • The importance of cholesterol and sulfate to health
    • Impaired cholesterol transport
    • Autism
    • Are sunscreens doing more bad than good? @ 21:47
    • What to do if you live in a rainy place.

Dr. Seneff’s hypothesis:

Our bodies need sun exposure to produce cholesterol sulfate, which provides cholesterol, sulfate, negative charge and energy to all the tissues of the body.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

dianna (19th August 2014), Fairy Friend (19th August 2014), Frederick Jackson (19th August 2014), giovonni (19th August 2014), grannyfranny100 (19th August 2014), Hazel (19th August 2014), Jean-Marie (19th August 2014), Joe Sustaire (19th August 2014), joeecho (19th August 2014), Joy_P (19th August 2014), Lifebringer (19th August 2014), linksplatinum (19th August 2014), meeradas (20th August 2014), penn (20th August 2014), sandy (19th August 2014), StandingWave (20th August 2014), WhiteFeather (20th August 2014), william r sanford72 (19th August 2014), wnlight (19th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

Default Re: Let the Sun Shine In! by Stephanie Seneff, BS, PhD.

she's my hero! Do check out her stuff:
    http://http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate.
    – Dr. Wayne Dyer

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czarek For This Post:

RunningDeer (19th August 2014), william r sanford72 (19th August 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Sunshine is a great thing. Just don't get carried away. Skin cancer is a growing scourge:

http://www.upworthy.com/what-happens...-people?c=upw1

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

RunningDeer (19th August 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

In that case we in the UK are doomed ... doomed. Maybe I'll move to S America. I read that people there are the happiest in the world. Was it on a thread here? Can't remember. It was recent though and Ecuador, Costa Rica, Columbia etc were all in the top group. I think E Europe generally was about bottom.

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    Sunshine is a great thing. Just don't get carried away. Skin cancer is a growing scourge:

http://www.upworthy.com/what-happens...-people?c=upw1

Brian
    Hi Brian,

The main reason why I posted above was because I saw that video "How the Sun Sees You" (see below) on another thread. It's gotten a lot of hits as of 8/19/14 - 9,948,952

The first thing that came to mind was sun screen propaganda. The video doesn't point out that it's life style, stressors, foods and drink creates skin flaws and premature aging.

“Reading the Body: Ohashi’s Book of Oriental Diagnosis,” by Ohashi with Tom Monte. pg. 161

“ Generally, brown color relates to the kidneys. When the kidneys do not function optimally, the color of the blood will darken. This darkness will be passed on to the skin, especially to the area below the eyes and to the upper part of the cheeks. Brow around the bridge of the nose indicates a problem with the middle organs, especially the stomach, spleen, and pancreas, and excess consumption of yin foods.

Examples of yin foods from ““Basic Macrobiotics,” by: Herman Aihara:

honey, coffee, herb tea, spices, fruits, seeds, most vegetables, some beans, chemical drugs, pills, sugar, candy, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, some beans, nuts

continued from “Reading the Body," pg. 161 - Beauty Marks

“Often you see dark moles or beauty marks on the face or other parts of the body. These marks are sometimes present at birth, but often appear later in life as well. I consider that such beauty marks are actually toxins discharged from the body. They sometimes appear along meridians. These marks are caused by the burning of excess carbohydrates, fats, and proteins…

How the sun sees you

Published on Aug 12, 2014

We showed people what they looked like in ultraviolet, & wondered aloud if they wanted to put on some damn sunscreen already. 

<3

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Joe Sustaire (19th August 2014), meeradas (20th August 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Earth Angel posted this on another thread. It fits here, too. I’ve add the video that’s on that site.
    Quote Posted by Earth Angel (here)
    I believe that sunblock is causing cancer not helping……

http://www.lifeadvancer.com/what-the...an-heal-cancer
    Is Sun Exposure Really Good for You?

Published on Aug 26, 2013
    For more info, visit: http://www.longevitywarehouse.com

And one more thanks to rgray222 for the Natural Homemade Sunscreen.

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Don't want to get off topic but if people are worried about sunblock; read this article

Natural Homemade Sunscreen

Ingredients:
    • 1 oz. coconut oil (find high quality coconut oil here)
    • 0.8 oz. shea butter (find it here)
    • 0.1 oz. jojoba, sesame, or sunflower oil (find oils here)
    • 0.1 oz. Vitamin E oil (find it here)
    • 30 drops essential oils, optional – I use 15 lavender, 10 eucalyptus, 5 peppermint (find 100% pure essential oils here)
    • zinc oxide powder (determine amount for 2 oz. of lotion) (We purchased ours here)
    • Directions:
    Add coconut oil, shea butter, and jojoba/sesame/sunflower oil to a makeshift double boiler. (To make your own double boiler, place a Pyrex measuring cup containing ingredients inside a small pot filled with a few inches of water). Heat gently until shea butter is just melted. Remove from double boiler and allow to cool a little. Put on a mask that covers your nose and mouth (to avoid breathing in the fine particles of zinc oxide powder), and measure out your zinc oxide. Add zinc oxide, Vitamin E oil, and optional essential oils to the other ingredients. Stir well to combine. Store in a dark jar in the refrigerator.

To Use:

Apply liberally to exposed skin. Reapply every few hours, or more often if swimming or sweating.

Notes for homemade sunscreen success:

This homemade sunscreen has about a 6 month shelf life, and should be refrigerated when not being used. The oils it contains are photosensitive, so do not leave your homemade sunscreen sitting out in direct sunlight. Keeping it in a cooler will prevent it from melting in high temperatures when taking it to the pool or beach.

If you prefer to add zinc oxide to another homemade lotion you like, simply weigh a desired amount of lotion and add enough zinc oxide to achieve the preferred SPF, mixing thoroughly.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Joe Sustaire (19th August 2014), meeradas (20th August 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,979 times in 5,652 posts

Got Sun! Love bathing in it myself. I Wish the summer doesn't end. Perhaps someday soon ill venture to live in South America. Love the Sun.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

meeradas (20th August 2014), RunningDeer (20th August 2014)

+ Reply to Thread