+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Tell me something about yourself

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Default Tell me something about yourself

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than facts. It is more important then the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people may act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is ten percent what happens to me and ninety percent how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.

Henry Ford said it another way, "If you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right."

It occurred to me the other day that I probably spend more time conversing with the wonderful readers of this forum than I do with people in my real life. Every morning I wake up to a bunch of great comments on this forum and a gentle stream of emails and more comments throughout the day. How weird yet wonderful it is to share in these daily discussions yet know so little about who we’re conversing with.
    This is one of the great things about sharing in an interest online, whether it be Spiritual.Ufo’s Conspiracies. It brings people together who might not ordinarily get a chance to meet, or would not normally associate with each other, and I’m a big fan of that. People of different ages, nationalities, and interests, uniting under something as random as this forum.

So come on jump on board the bus.But remember this bus is not stopping
    Last edited by The One; 27th October 2010 at 14:53.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Tell me something about yourself

On this site, I'm a closet sports nut. Only a few here really know that (until now, lol), and they like to tease me about it. I run my own sports message board like this one, I spend my weekend holed up in my office with my tv and beer, screaming at the top of my lungs. Everyone does their best to avoid me

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beth For This Post:

guido (10th February 2011), Ross (11th February 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

It's hard for me to talk about my self unless folks ask me direct questions.
    but i will cut to some direct aspects for now.

Writer
    Poet
    Researcher
    Video hobbiest
    Photographer hobbiest

I love to read books on spirituality.

for more indirect info go here:

http://the-unseen.webs.com/
    http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fStoreID=833416
    https://youtube.com/user/shadowst...2?feature=mhum
    http://www.zazzle.com/shadowstalker4
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

meeradas (10th February 2011)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

I work in a professional capacity..recruiting professors for a major university.

People I work with have often said directly to me: "You are the single nicest man I have ever met".

I don't know if that is true...but I am told this too often not to think I must be pretty nice If anyone ever needs a sympathetic ear about anything...please PM me. I'd be happy to support you in whatever way I can.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

Gardener (10th February 2011), meeradas (10th February 2011), yaksuit (10th February 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Thanks 'The One'

I agree, our attitude and observation of such, is the most single important part of us, or our 'energy' We are in a continual flow and coming from variable sources, it can often be difficult to navigate through.

We have little to no control of anything else and if our own 'energy' or balance (headspace) is not observed on a moment by moment basis then we can easily fall into a reactive mode and 'balance' can fly out the window at the speed of light.

It helps greatly to stay grounded and balanced when we choose what we think about, who we associate with, their energy, their reactive dispostions. their view of things...As I say to my daughters, choose your friends wisely, think about what your thinking and take time to make sure it is a 'heart' choice and not a influenced 'head' choice.

At 46 years I am so much better at doing this and 'see' the results of a heart influenced attitude. Old programmes can still play their hand but they get sorted quick smart without the 'pain' and enduring of the 'corrupt software' and understanding that most reactions come from others and often have nothing to do with you (taking things personally) If that makes sense to those reading this...It does to me.

Ross=

Observer
    Father
    Grandfather (Grandude in the household)
    Friend
    Lover
    Musician
    Teacher
    Student
    Stargazer
    Motorcycle enthusiast
    lover of Turkish foods
    Art lover
    Intellectual
    Jokster
    Volunteer
    Humanbeing...I think?

Regards

Ross

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

Gardener (10th February 2011), meeradas (10th February 2011), Open your eyes (10th February 2011), yaksuit (10th February 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

i'm trouble....

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I'm still a work in progress.

I really like this topic because recently I had someone break into my car and steal some paper products (yep - they got the "costco" sized tp, paper towels and some garbage bags), but the changes in my attitude have really helped me get through it a lot faster. It took me a couple of days to find real balance and peace with the situation. However, now I can say, I had a good week, but some bad stuff happened - w/out it sounding like a lie. Because last week was really a great week, except that I had to waste time and money because someone decided to use the "five-finger discount".

I am also one of the nicest, sweetest people you'll ever meet. And at my high school reunion, my old friends were glad that I hadn't changed a bit!

12. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member truth will win out's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Tell me something about yourself

Quote Posted by Beth (here)
    On this site, I'm a closet sports nut. Only a few here really know that (until now, lol), and they like to tease me about it. I run my own sports message board like this one, I spend my weekend holed up in my office with my tv and beer, screaming at the top of my lungs. Everyone does their best to avoid me
    I Love me some Notre Dame Football( even though we suck now). GO IRISH !!

13. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Heise's Avatar
    Thanks

Things I like, interested, do..:
    Of course, The Big Picture... New Age, Paranormal, Metaphysics, UFO's, TPTB, Secret Government etc
    Fitness Enthusiast
    Futurist Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Genetics
    Philosophy
    Researching Various Topics of Interest
    Music
    Asian Culture, Wushu
    Theology and Science
    Japanese Anime, Gaming
    Fashion, Art and Design Appreciation
    Wordsmith and Writing
    Nutrition
    Computer

Things I want to do, get better, try out..:
    Pick up an instrument like Violin, Synth
    Organic Cooking
    Photography
    Video and Film Critquing
    Qualified Stargazer
    Cave Expeditions... anything Outdoors, Hiking, Spelunking, Camping etc
    Expand my literacy in scientific discoveries

14. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member truth will win out's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I guess I should add what my interest are…
    1. Metaphysics
    2. UFO and ET topics
    3. Mother earth and our origins
    4. Always seeking spiritually and in seeking always learning new things about myself and the world around me.
    5. Classical Music and the beauty of it.
    Last edited by truth will win out; 27th October 2010 at 23:14. Reason: Forgot classical music

15. Link to Post #11
    Spain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I am not very fond of nasty snakes or other creatures of the underworld. This video might be a good example of the general feeling: https://youtube.com/watch?v=AEX0KfKi2XE&t=2m51s

16. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truth will win out (here)
    I Love me some Notre Dame Football( even though we suck now). GO IRISH !!
    Ugh, Michigan fan here. You know this means we can't be friends now

GO BLUE!!!

17. Link to Post #13
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

footbal is for sissy's

Go Habs!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Celine For This Post:

Bosswagon (11th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #14
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Originally posted by The One:
    Quote It occurred to me the other day that I probably spend more time conversing with the wonderful readers of this forum than I do with people in my real life. Every morning I wake up to a bunch of great comments on this forum and a gentle stream of emails and more comments throughout the day. How weird yet wonderful it is to share in these daily discussions yet know so little about who we’re conversing with. This is one of the great things about sharing in an interest online, whether it be Spiritual.Ufo’s Conspiracies. It brings people together who might not ordinarily get a chance to meet, or would not normally associate with each other, and I’m a big fan of that. People of different ages, nationalities, and interests, uniting under something as random as this forum.

So come on jump on board the bus.But remember this bus is not stopping
    This is such a nice synchronicity, The One I lived with these same thoughts for the last weeks, thinking about how to include more of our 3D life within these Avalon conversations.
    I decided to do just that, myself. And see what happened....some of us are piciking up on this...if you observe well and now you introduce the same request, The One.
    That's really wonderful, I guess I am talented in creating space for things to happen, to transform and be refreshed, updated. I am not very fond of routine as a habit. The value of sharing our human beingness more here in the Forum is, that it's making us more human. Sometimes hiding behind a PC screen can strip off the human side a bit, don't you think? Also the convenience of non-commitment can be a frustration, in conversing online, I think. Not that I am complaining here, on the contrary But, as it's a non physical communication, we can compensate that by telling each other about our attitude, in life, how we feel, the details of our home, whatever.....this way there's more sense of us living in a physical reality.
    What can I tell about myself? I recently introduced myself....my life in 3D, today I choose to share my wonder and amazement in finding so much synchronicities, everywhere.
    All is being cared for, or so it seems. I live with an open heart and know there is nothing to be afraid of, only reasons to love more I love you all very much, Avaloneans
    There's really no end to love, no limits, cause it's source never ceases to exist.
    Starry Tint.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Victoria Tintagel For This Post:

Alliamber (10th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

wood
    Quote Default Re: Tell me something about yourself

I am not very fond of nasty snakes or other creatures of the underworld. This video might be a good example of the general feeling: https://youtube.com/watch?v=AEX0KfKi2XE&t=2m51s

good cats shred them to pieces in a stroke l

nice avatar..

22. Link to Post #16
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Yup..Cats are very good at detecting snakes ..on the farm they were very good at keeping them out of the barn.

23. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Hi all,

I dropped out of the rat race about 10 years ago,took a small redundancy package and went traveling through asia.Mainly Thailand and India,with a bit of time in Sri Lanka,Laos and Nepal.Been in the Philippines for the last three years.I live very cheaply.Havn't had running hot water,a flushing toilet or a working shower for three years,just use a bucket and ladle.Been hand washing my clothes for 10 years.Am a vego,do yoga,like to go walking a lot.No i'm not a hippy lol.Listen to a lot of music,about 4 or 5 hours a day.Been researching alternative info since 2006.One of my favourite pastimes at the moment is participating in sports tipping competitions on the net.i think we are lucky to be around at this time,the next 2 or 3 years should be very interesting.cheers
    Last edited by ponda; 29th October 2010 at 00:57.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Rainbowbrite (4th June 2011)

25. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 328 posts

Just a loner trying to make a difference out there with my simple but happy life,i am thankful i found avalon it really helped me find my own balance,when you cant talk most of the topics we discuss here with ordinary people most of the time without em thinking you should be in a mental hospital LOL.try finding someone of the opposite sex who thinks likewise now that be a real miracle coming into fruition ,i am glad i can be here and talk with all of you like we are the normal people out there HAH.

26. Link to Post #19
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

part of the norm?

count me out...

27. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

Well, this sounds fun.

Something about me - I play bass, a bit of violin, and some guitar. Since around 2008, I've been playing bass for several bands; touring and whatnot. When I'm not doing that, I put my education to work. I am employed by a college in the main library; although, as of yesterday morning, I was offered a much more interesting position with a few colleagues. Quite an odd combination of interests, I'd suppose! I studied English and psychology, and have been pursuing graduate work in the latter field. A bit of humor; I've been enrolled at a college of some kind since my junior year in high school.

In the bits of free time I have in between, I enjoy reading, writing, and gardening. I've read, at the rate of one book per week, since I was in high school; which is sort of neat, I suppose.

My words of advice: Know who you are, or someone else will be more than glad to fill in the blanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast