+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NASA attempts to debunk Mars thigh bone photo (S02E13)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,300 times in 5,193 posts

Default NASA attempts to debunk Mars thigh bone photo (S02E13)

"Published on 26 Aug 2014
    On August 14, the Mars Curiosity Rover photographed an object that appears to be a thigh bone on the Martian surface. The thigh bone looking object generated much media attention and public controversy beginning August 20.

In an unusually quick response, NASA replied the next day to the growing controversy by claiming that the object was a rock. Not so according to a growing number of independent researchers that have uncovered past Curiosity Rover images of what appear to be different life forms on the Mars surface.

Photographic and whistleblower evidence suggest that NASA’s explanations that Rover images are nothing more than rocks, are attempts to mislead the general public about life on Mars."

Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/mars...-nasa-response

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ktlight For This Post:

ElfeMya (27th August 2014), Joanne Shepard (27th August 2014), Mare (27th August 2014), Reinhard (27th August 2014), sigma6 (14th September 2014), ulli (27th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: NASA attempts to debunk Mars thigh bone photo (S02E13)

A rock is still the most likely explanation IMHO or it's not possible to draw any firm conclusion. I didn't buy the rat or the duck etc ideas either. It seems to me that it is highly improbable that animal species exist on Mars which are similar to living animals on Earth, given Mars' thin atmosphere and climate. What I do find odd though is why would NASA go out of their way to debunk the bone idea. They can't be sure it isn't any more than we can be sure that it is and where is the great security issue or whatever in accepting that Mars might once have had plant and animal life? I can't see how NASA scientists can be sure that maybe millions of years ago that might not have been the case. Either it's just a knee-jerk reaction or maybe they are trying to debunk any suggestion that life might now exist on Mars - because it does? We've been there by some accounts so we ought to know?

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: NASA attempts to debunk Mars thigh bone photo (S02E13)

I don't suppose many will remember the Gerry Anderson Four Feather Falls. It's quite funny to see now but Robert Sallas always reminds me of Chief Kalamakooya.

+ Reply to Thread