+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sott.net server taken down

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

Default Sott.net server taken down

I don't support their approach, which seems to be as biased as many others, but I do pop in to keep an eye on stories they carry. Now it seems they have been closed down - very odd!

http://signs-of-the-times-org.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

ElfeMya (27th August 2014), Hervé (27th August 2014), Mercedes (27th August 2014), Roisin (27th August 2014), sunflower (27th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Sott.net server taken down

There was a recent study conducted by the US, in which they analyzed the Chinese systems of internet controls. It was either a US government office or a US university. I can't quite remember.

This study even had Chinese websites they had created, in order to test the limits, to probe, or inject their own test cases, one might say.

What they found, was that the Chinese government keeps an eye out for one specific thing. Or, one specific potential result.

And that is: any form of a call to action, anything that proposes action, anything that can lead to action, anything that showed people how it was, or is -done.

In short....anything that moves people toward actual physical action that has a positive outcome for the people.

The same mechanisms are alive and well in the USA, North America and of course, Europe and so on. They come after the people running the websites, they come after the website server companies, they work as subtly as possible, with an off center outer edge push to destruction of the individual or group. they try for the social, and economic structure of the given individual or group. They try to keep their hand hidden from view. They go after any potential for weakness, they head into creating just enough of a shift so that something breaks and the situation changes.

Thus, the Chinese government is more direct... the western system of maintaining the status quo, is more hidden, more subtle, in some ways, due to the length of time it has had to develop methods and ways -- with regard to the internet enabled world.

Lets briefly look at this SOTT website, and see what it says:

Gore Vidal
    "America is a quarter of a billion people totally misinformed and disinformed by their government. This is tragic but our media is -- I wouldn't even say corrupt -- it's just beyond telling us anything that the government doesn't want us to know."

Not In Our Name?
    Americans cannot escape a certain responsibility for what is done in our name around the world. In a democracy, even one as corrupted as ours, ultimate authority rests with the people. We empower the government with our votes, finance it with our taxes, bolster it with our silent acquiescence. If we are passive in the face of America's official actions overseas, we in effect endorse them. - Mark Hertzgaard

Thomas Jefferson
    The most effective means of preventing tyranny is to illuminate, as far as practicable, the minds of the people at large, and more especially to give them knowledge of those facts.

Albert Einstein
    Those who have the privilege to know, have the duty to act.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?

If during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and, not withstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of those are side panel quotes for the website, which has no articles.

Note that those are very ENABLING and directive quotes. They speak quite effectively on 'what needs be done'.
    Last edited by Carmody; 27th August 2014 at 11:48.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Curt (27th August 2014), Hervé (27th August 2014), kirolak (27th August 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

I see what you mean, & am aware of the "call to change"; a revolution in consciousness, & as such I support it. However, Laura Knight-Jadcziek (sp?) speaks against channeling; yet she herself channels entities that promote, among other things, smoking & eating the flesh of other beings. . . I see this as negatively skewed & actually supportive of the establishment they claim to want to overturn. Her own arguments are very well crafted, yet the news site is generally represented by poor journalism with a heavy bias.

6. Link to Post #4
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

From their Facebook page:

Quote SOTT.NET

2 hours ago

SOTT.net has been down for some 12 hours now. We've apparently been hacked, but we're working on the problem.

13 SharesLike · Comment

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (27th August 2014), kirolak (27th August 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    I don't support their approach, which seems to be as biased as many others, but I do pop in to keep an eye on stories they carry. Now it seems they have been closed down - very odd!

http://signs-of-the-times-org.blogspot.com/

http://http://signs-of-the-times-org.blogspot.ca/

Read Laura's take on the situation and e-mail from the author. Interesting.
    Last edited by sunflower; 27th August 2014 at 17:23. Reason: Outdated link - doesn't work - disregard please

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

kirolak (27th August 2014), Roisin (27th August 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sunflower (here)
    [...]

Couldn't get to the linked page... is that the one from 2009?

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Quote Posted by sunflower (here)
    [...]

Couldn't get to the linked page... is that the one from 2009?

Thanks, Amzer. I edited my post. I was in a hurry and didn't check properly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

Hervé (27th August 2014)

13. Link to Post #8
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Update:

Quote Aaand, we're back!

Our hosting company has informed us that someone maliciously "borrowed" our IP address. Things are now back to normal.
    We are of course taking measures to ensure this cannot happen again.
    If you tried logging in to the dreaded "Asus Login Screen" please click Personalize and change your password!

+ Reply to Thread