+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 6 16 19 LastLast

Thread: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Default Re: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Hi Jake
    Thanks for starting this thread, I find this topic fascinating. Ever since I was a child, from the age of about 7 or 8 I have had involuntary Out of Body Experiences. When they first started I was somewhat alarmed but not frightened. Over the years I learned to enjoy the experience but never knew how they were triggered. They simply happened. For some reason I never spoke about this to family or friends. I had never heard anyone speak about it so I began to think that the experience was unique to myself.

They would always start just minutes after getting into bed (definitely not asleep), I would feel my body get exceptionally heavy. The weight of my body seemed to be so great that I was sure that the mattress was almost hitting the floor. It was not like there was a weight on me, it was more like I was the weight. While this was happening I considered the sensation odd, alarming, humorous and just plain bizarre. After a minute or two the weight would release, comparable to relaxing the tension in an overstretched rubber band. As soon as this happened I would be out and up and free to go where ever I wanted.

Once I graduated from college and started working I never really thought about it too much. Over the years it would happen less and less. About 5 years ago I started thinking about it and wondered if I could reproduce or somehow trigger the event. I laid down in bed and actually smiled at the thought of weighing a ton, I smiled at the thought of the mattress indenting from the weight of my body. To my amazement it happened almost instantaneously. Once again, I was up and out and on a journey. If I relax and get the clutter our of my mind I then seem to have the ability to do this at will.

I have never really researched or studied this phenomena but I have read many articles about it over the years. The vast majority of the info I have read deals with two factors.
    • Are Out Of Body Experiences Real
    • How to achieve a Out Of Body Experience
    My question (if your up for one) is what purpose do they serve. I have never really given this much thought, I have always considered an OBE to be self entertainment (for lack of a better description). Is there something that you can actually achieve while on this journey? I would love to hear your thoughts.
    Richard
    This was something I myself can say experienced as a child, but it only happened a couple of times and is the basis of my being here to join in thanks for sharing.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jerry For This Post:

Jake (26th September 2014), NancyV (26th September 2014), Reinhard (28th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Sebastion (26th September 2014), Sidney (26th September 2014)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Default Re: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

Veridical Perception: (Charles Tart Term) Veridical Perception is when one perceives and processes information that one did not receive from any of the physical senses. Likened unto OBE and NDE and RV....

Quote There is a difference between the illusion of being somewhere else, and actually seeing real events happening in locations that your physical body has absolutely no access to.
    The Mystery of Perception During Near Death Experiences - Pim van Lommel Pim van Lommel was a cardiologist by profession.. To tackle the mysteries of the non-physical body in relation to the physical body,, one must study and understand for themselves the mystery of what PERCEPTION is....

(another study into Veridical Perception and NDE

Just because we see things from behind these 'doll body eyes',,, doesn't mean that we are actually located there!!!!!

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

NancyV (26th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Star Tsar (26th September 2014), william r sanford72 (27th September 2014)

5. Link to Post #103
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Well I don't know if this is the right thread, but I had a very beautiful experience tonight. I was laying in bed between sleep and not sleep...when I felt a presence by me and it gently moved my arm up and I felt like I was about to levitate...and was like...wow...then...I felt all this tingling on my middle back...like it was a healing and comforting feeling...then I heard a name of a man (not anyone from here, hehe)...I could feel that fear could creep in so I said to myself inside, I trust you...

This was so nice, and I had the feeling that it was an angel...it was good for me to have a positive experience like that (I have before but have also had others)...it just feels like a good sign

6. Link to Post #104
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)
    Well I don't know if this is the right thread, but I had a very beautiful experience tonight. I was laying in bed between sleep and not sleep...when I felt a presence by me and it gently moved my arm up and I felt like I was about to levitate...and was like...wow...then...I felt all this tingling on my middle back...like it was a healing and comforting feeling...then I heard a name of a man (not anyone from here, hehe)...I could feel that fear could creep in so I said to myself inside, I trust you...

This was so nice, and I had the feeling that it was an angel...it was good for me to have a positive experience like that (I have before but have also had others)...it just feels like a good sign
    Wow! That's beautiful.. We do have guides and 'teachers'.. It seems you have some good friends here and there... lol.... A tingling/comforting/healing feeling in the middle of your back??? I am very happy that you can allow yourself to heal... Trusting a physical person is flawed,, trusting a non-physical experience in the way that you did shows an instinctive understanding of TRUSTING YOURSELF... You are a gem,, thank you for sharing...

Definitely keep us updated..
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

NancyV (26th September 2014), Natalia (26th September 2014), Reinhard (28th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014)

8. Link to Post #105
    United States Avalon Member Sebastion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 times in 640 posts

Jake, thank you for posting about the energy exercises earlier in this thread as it has caused me to do some more deep thinking regarding neurons, neural networks and pathways. For the more left brained among us, what we are doing with the energy work is actually dealing with our own central nervous system directly. It isn't just imagination and then hope something happens. By focusing on different areas in the body energetically via visualization, the more real you can make it, the deeper and more profound the results will be, albeit subtle.

What you are doing is energizing and strengthening all neural systems in the body. The act of doing that has very positive overall results health wise and beyond. I will elaborate more in a future post.

I have a "work in progress" theory of my own, which can neither be proven nor dis-proven by medical science. I will expand on this theory as we go.
    Last edited by Sebastion; 26th September 2014 at 18:01. Reason: to add

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

Jake (26th September 2014), Mark (29th September 2014), NancyV (26th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (26th September 2014), Sidney (26th September 2014)

10. Link to Post #106
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

I have seen the hatman too, but not astrally. I was fully awake and conscious, sitting reading facing a large window. The hatman floated right through the wood blinds into the room, literally five feet in front of me, then dissolved. It looked identical to the image here in the thread. Every. Detail. Exact. I think I saw the dweller too. Same home, different room, also during full awake and concieous. the hatman did not frighten me for some reason, maybe because it came and went within a split second.
    The dweller, which I was in the TV room, kids were watching a show, I was looking at my laptop. But in the corner was this black blob of a shadow, maybe five feet tall, with no identifying features. But the room was quite dark, but this "thing" was much blacker than any shadow that was visible. I was totally creeped out and finally got up and turned on a light, but nothing was there, but it was. There, I could feel its presence.
    That house had paranormal life when we moved there, and was still there when we moved out.
    So, all that said, I am curious what awaits in the astral, maybe nothing worse that what I have already seen.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Jake (26th September 2014), NancyV (2nd October 2014), Orph (27th September 2014), Reinhard (28th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Sebastion (26th September 2014), william r sanford72 (27th September 2014)

12. Link to Post #107
    Thanks

Jake, I have a question regarding the energy body. How in your estimation does the energy body recharge itself? I have a personal theory as to how the energy body recharges which seems to me to be reasonable but I would be most interested in your take.

In your posted info, it states that the astral body gets its charge from the energy body which I would tend to agree with. I used to leave the body as a child with regularity as soon as I went to sleep at night and I usually awoke the next morning more tired then I was when I went to bed, especially when I recalled my astral activities during the night. To me as a child I didn't seem to (mentally) tell the difference energetically between physical activity and astral activity! To me it was all the same thus it wasn't unusual for me to wake up exhausted.

When I was 37, I took a course called Avatar and at the end of a segment, I discovered that I had never accepted the idea of being in a physical body from day one! You can imagine my surprise! My intent initially, which I had long forgotten and was buried below the surface, was to find a way to get out of physicality once and for all. When those two revelations came to the forefront, I had some serious issues to deal with. I found that I was not going to take another step forward spiritually until those issues were resolved completely.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

Jake (27th September 2014), NancyV (2nd October 2014), Orph (28th September 2014), Reinhard (28th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (27th September 2014)

14. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sebastion (here)
    Jake, I have a question regarding the energy body. How in your estimation does the energy body recharge itself? I have a personal theory as to how the energy body recharges which seems to me to be reasonable but I would be most interested in your take.

In your posted info, it states that the astral body gets its charge from the energy body which I would tend to agree with. I used to leave the body as a child with regularity as soon as I went to sleep at night and I usually awoke the next morning more tired then I was when I went to bed, especially when I recalled my astral activities during the night. To me as a child I didn't seem to (mentally) tell the difference energetically between physical activity and astral activity! To me it was all the same thus it wasn't unusual for me to wake up exhausted.

When I was 37, I took a course called Avatar and at the end of a segment, I discovered that I had never accepted the idea of being in a physical body from day one! You can imagine my surprise! My intent initially, which I had long forgotten and was buried below the surface, was to find a way to get out of physicality once and for all. When those two revelations came to the forefront, I had some serious issues to deal with. I found that I was not going to take another step forward spiritually until those issues were resolved completely.
    The 'whole body' (physical body and energy body together) works together to facilitate health and recharge. There is a bio-energetic part of the systems that have to do with the transferring of energies between the physical and energetic bodies,,, one feeds the other (partially) and the health of they physical body comes into play, effecting the overall health of the energy body, and vice versa. The overall health of the energy body effects the vitality of the physical body.. Believe it or not, grounding in the physical body recharges the energy body.. What I mean is getting out into nature, taking walks, forgetting all about energy work and immersing yourself in the physical NOW... I know that you know what I mean when I say that OBE can be physically exhausting.. I mentioned in my book (as part of Energy Body Sensations) Complete Exhaustion,, as an energy body phenomenon. Whenever you do energy work like this,, many times your energy will seem depleted instead of recharged. That is because energy work is like exercise. If you exercise the physical body it will become fatigued and tired... If you condition your physical body to exercise,, the levels of fatigue and tiredness will decrease... It is the same with the energy body. The energy body will recharge naturally throughout the day (a bit) If you condition your energy body to exercise (energy work) your energy bodies natural tendencies to recharge will become robust,, naturally (perhaps not at first,, just like the physical)...

I can't tell you how many times I have gotten up from an OBE and my physical body was completely exhausted. But it wasn't my physical body,,, it was my energy body... Again, i'll take a walk or go play with the dogs, go play in the garden,, or just take a shower... Until we set a supporting structure for the Secondary, then Primary Centers,, any phenomenon will may leave the energy centers depleted and unable to function correctly. That is why we start with simple Kinesthetic Imagery and mobile body awareness,, and we don't start out with the Primary Centers. I never mentioned it when explaining a bit about the three main circuits (imo),, but there are energy storage areas too. At least 3 of them. One in your gut,, one in the diaphragm area (shares space with the Solar Center) and there is one higher up into the head. I never mention them, because in the decade that I have been doing daily energy work, I have never felt them outright... (location wise)... But I definitely feel the difference in energy levels. Just like someone who works out their physical body every day... They will be exhausted for the time being,, but they cannot deny how much better they feel, especially in the long run....

I would suggest doing energy work separate from OBE practice for that exact reason... Energy work is like exercise. You wouldn't run a marathon just after you burned your muscles lifting weights, now would you?? (some people would,, freaks.. lol....) Your astral body (second body, etheric body etc...) gets its energy from the energy body.. The energy body never leaves the physical body...

Also, it has been excepted that the body needs sleep to replenish and rest. I'd say that this is true. Can it be said that the best way to replenish the energy body is to sleep? hmmmm.. maybe, but I don't think so. I wake (more often than not) exhausted. My vital energies are depleted,, and I have to get up and move around to get the juices flowing again.... The exhaustion is not physical, but it feels the same... Physical exhaustion does not allow for you to 'walk it off'... Energetic exhaustion DOES.... The overall health of you physical body comes into play...

Also, part of the reason that I would wake depleted of vital energies,, is because I had been neglecting the health of my energy body... Daily consistent energy work builds pathways and stimulates energy flow,, and re-enforces support structures for the more vital centers. Proper energetic work/studies can provide for an over abundance of spiritual energy... (the cup that spilleth over) Bottom line with OBE is that you don't want to be oot-n-aboot on an empty tank.... Wayy to many snags....

That's my take on it... From experience, mind you...

I'd love to know more about the Avatar course... Sounds like powerful stuff... Please don't hesitate to share more...
    Jake.
    Last edited by Jake; 27th September 2014 at 15:14.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Mark (29th September 2014), NancyV (2nd October 2014), Orph (28th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (27th September 2014), Sebastion (27th September 2014), Sidney (27th September 2014), william r sanford72 (27th September 2014)

16. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Well Jake, as far as the Avatar course was concerned, I will say that there was some good stuff in there, especially one exercise called the Ultimate Exercise, that was really cool and challenged you deeply-depending on how seriously you wanted to do it properly! I had to sign a non-disclosure statement that I would never reveal what it is in any way, even spiritually, psychically! lol! Thus far I have honored the agreement. Back in 1987, the course was 1500 bucks-the reason being I found out, was to keep out those who were not seriously interested, in other words, the riff-raff. It was a reasonably good course at the time.

TBH, I already at that time had a good foundation in what he had to say in the course. The revelations that I had (listed in my previous post) turned out to be of paramount importance for me. I had to accept that I was in physicality (duh-lol). I had to make a contract immediately with spirit that I would not abandon the body, which I committed to deeply honor. It was about 1-2 hours after that, my initial entrance into cosmic consciousness began in earnest.

I use the term cosmic consciousness because that's what Walter Russell termed it. I discovered his works approx. a year and a half later. My experiences in the great beyond were nearly identical with his. I found out directly from the former CEO of the University of Science and Philosopy, Yasuhiko Kimura that Walter was writing a book about the Heart of the One when he died. He is the only one I know, besides myself, who has experienced the Heart. I almost cried like a baby when I found he had died long before my experience.

I am a little off topic so please forgive me!

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

Jake (27th September 2014), NancyV (27th September 2014), Orph (28th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014)

18. Link to Post #110
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sebastion (here)
    Well Jake, as far as the Avatar course was concerned, I will say that there was some good stuff in there, especially one exercise called the Ultimate Exercise, that was really cool and challenged you deeply-depending on how seriously you wanted to do it properly! I had to sign a non-disclosure statement that I would never reveal what it is in any way, even spiritually, psychically! lol! Thus far I have honored the agreement. Back in 1987, the course was 1500 bucks-the reason being I found out, was to keep out those who were not seriously interested, in other words, the riff-raff. It was a reasonably good course at the time.

TBH, I already at that time had a good foundation in what he had to say in the course. The revelations that I had (listed in my previous post) turned out to be of paramount importance for me. I had to accept that I was in physicality (duh-lol). I had to make a contract immediately with spirit that I would not abandon the body, which I committed to deeply honor. It was about 1-2 hours after that, my initial entrance into cosmic consciousness began in earnest.

I use the term cosmic consciousness because that's what Walter Russell termed it. I discovered his works approx. a year and a half later. My experiences in the great beyond were nearly identical with his. I found out directly from the former CEO of the University of Science and Philosopy, Yasuhiko Kimura that Walter was writing a book about the Heart of the One when he died. He is the only one I know, besides myself, who has experienced the Heart. I almost cried like a baby when I found he had died long before my experience.

I am a little off topic so please forgive me!
    Na, mate,, no off topic here... I'll check out some Walter Russell stuffs... I've heard of hem, but never had the privilege of reading up on his work.. We are dealing with powerful transformation. OBE is only a tool, a gateway to a larger experience.. Well, a MUCH larger experience. lol.. There are deeper, more profound experiences into self, and consciousness that are going to be well beyond our ability to describe them. Detachment from the physical lets us think thought without all of the belief-system-filters that distorts our thoughts. Getting used to it is a bit of a slippery slope, in that once we start thinking without 'filters', we can easily get carried away into realms beyond thought words and beyond thought. This is the primary reason (imo) that none of us seem to remember our OBEs. (I am from the school of thought that says that we are all out of body during sleep,,, we just don't remember it.) The initial OBE state, closest to the physical is where the majority of my OBEs are, because that is where my physical comprehension ends, and pure unfiltered experience begins. It is quite a rush to shift from one mode to the next.

I find it fascinating that you made a contract with spirit, to not abandon your body.. I've never considered leaving my body to be the same thing as abandoning it.. Perhaps you have a more natural understanding of what that means than I do.. I've always known that consciousness works in a way that allows for Both to exist simultaneously... I.E... One may find themselves laying in bed, frustrated that they can't project,,, whilst at the same time,,, you are actually out of your body looking back at yourself, shaking your head and smiling at your own damn self... Robert Bruce calls it the 'Amazing Mind Split'. The term Bi-location is a good example of this phenomenon. Bi-location is being aware of yourself in the physical, and out of body at the same time. What usually happens instead is two different experiences occurring simultaneously, and the MEMORY of the non-physical ObE gives way to the physical memory of laying there frustrated... Being in a deep trance state brings our waking minds to a place where it can 'experience the MEMORY of the Astral Voyage. Kinda hard to wrap yer brain around at first. Our physical minds do not allow for two sets of memories for the same time period. When you get out of your body again,, you will experience a rush of memories of being out of your body that you don't remember in the physical. We can avoid this by getting into deeper states of trance, so the physical mind does not interfere with the memory 'download' process...

Wow,, now I think that I am off topic... lol...

Cheers, Jake.

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    I have seen the hatman too, but not astrally. I was fully awake and conscious, sitting reading facing a large window. The hatman floated right through the wood blinds into the room, literally five feet in front of me, then dissolved. It looked identical to the image here in the thread. Every. Detail. Exact. I think I saw the dweller too. Same home, different room, also during full awake and concieous. the hatman did not frighten me for some reason, maybe because it came and went within a split second.
    The dweller, which I was in the TV room, kids were watching a show, I was looking at my laptop. But in the corner was this black blob of a shadow, maybe five feet tall, with no identifying features. But the room was quite dark, but this "thing" was much blacker than any shadow that was visible. I was totally creeped out and finally got up and turned on a light, but nothing was there, but it was. There, I could feel its presence.
    That house had paranormal life when we moved there, and was still there when we moved out.
    So, all that said, I am curious what awaits in the astral, maybe nothing worse that what I have already seen.
    Let's say that you were empathic and very psychic,, (Ha,,lol,,, let's just say..) You wouldn't have to be out of body to see them. Astral 'seeing' is the same as physical 'seeing',, just different stimuli.. The mechanics of 'seeing' are the same. Meaning that your mind doesn't care where it's getting its input from (eyes, ears, energy) it creates the 'sight'. Different levels of physical senses and astral senses occurring simultaneously,,, this is the crux of most 'esoteric' subjects... How you deal with your fear will be the difference in your astral experiences... You'll do fine. You are an amazing and wonderful spirit, in or out of your body...

Love to you, Sid
    Jake.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

mab777 (22nd September 2020), Mark (29th September 2014), NancyV (27th September 2014), Orph (28th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (27th September 2014), Sebastion (27th September 2014), Sidney (27th September 2014), william r sanford72 (28th September 2014)

20. Link to Post #111
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

Interesting thoughts about multiple bodies here.

I wonder if some dreams I've had, where I remember waking up from dreams within dreams, 3 levels deep, is related to experience in the multiple bodies.

Or perhaps something else is going on.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Jake (28th September 2014), NancyV (27th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Sebastion (28th September 2014), william r sanford72 (28th September 2014)

22. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ron Mauer Sr (here)
    Interesting thoughts about multiple bodies here.

I wonder if some dreams I've had, where I remember waking up from dreams within dreams, 3 levels deep, is related to experience in the multiple bodies.

Or perhaps something else is going on.
    Well, that is an awesome question. I have a couple of ideas on the matter.. There are lots of dreaming mixed with OBE. In fact a good way to project is to do it from a lucid dream.. But there are many more aspects to consider when comparing dreams to OBEs. Try and follow me here,, I've had OBEs where I was looking back at my physical body that was laying there trying to have an OBE.. I had a sense of bi-location right at the end, and I remembered the whole thing.. So there are not only two aspect of mind/body,, but there are two completely different experiences going on within the same timeframe. Going further,, I have had regular dreams that when I woke up,, I was out of my body standing next to my bed.. Okay, so did my Astral body/mind have a dream? I know that I have regular dreams when I sleep.. I know that I have been in the middle of an OBE when a strong dreaming mind takes completely over and I wake up remembering the ObE and the dream. I've also had OBEs where I was out of my body and began to contemplate something and phased into an amazing dreaming state, within the Astral Body... I've had OBEs that I remembered as dreams, and the only way that I knew they were dreams is because I remembered the whole thing again the next time I was 'out'. I had an ObE once where I was trying to re-enter my body only to discover that it was asleep and dreaming,,, knowing that I would not remember if I just re-entered blind,, I instinctively decided to '''''enter through the dreaming mind'''''' OKay,,, I'd better make a list to better illustrate.. and just for kix n giggles..

1) Awake Jake.
    2) Sleeping Jake, Dreaming Mind.
    3) Astral Jake
    4) Astral Jake Dreaming.
    5) Astral Jake and Dreaming Mind simultaneously.
    6) Awake Jake and Astral Jake frustrated at each other...
    7) Astral Jake aware of Sleeping Jake and Dreaming Mind.
    8) Dreaming mind awareness as a mode of re-entry? (how I know how to do that I have no idea,,, I must have done it many times without remembering it..)
    9) OBEs remembered via the dream-states!!

I promise you that there is only one Jake.

Now to answer your question.. It could very well have just been a dream within a dream within a dream... Though,, I don't chalk the dreaming mind up to being that clever,, Creative Yes,, Clever NO.. Dreaming Mind is archetypal and abstract in nature. Dreaming mind thinks it is the one living,, it is aware of a 'higher self' though mostly only vaguely. Much the same as it is in the physical. In an OBE where your Astral Body/mind starts dreaming, it is not the same as the regular dreaming mind. It is very much more vivid and bright and clear and alive,, no muddiness or 'slow thinking' like in normal dreams. (or in physicality for that matter.)

Okay,,, (jake takes deep breath) If you were to remember an Astral Dreaming event via your Dreaming mind then it would most likely resemble a dream within a dream within a dream...

Robert Bruce can explain it much better than I can.. He refers to it as THE INCREDIBLE MIND SPLIT... And basic body intelligence....

First is a list of stages of projection.

PROJECTION STAGES

The list below shows the physical body as (0) with the dream mind marked as (-1) below it, and the first four stages of higher subtle bodies above it.

4 = Mental body, and above.
    3 = Astral body.
    2 = Real time body.
    1 = Etheric body.
    0 = Physical body. (base line)
    -1 = Dream mind

THE INCREDIBLE MIND SPLIT

A projector's mind splits during any kind of OOBE. One complete copy (original hard physical copy) staying at all times safely inside the physical body, capable of thinking and dreaming. A perfect thinking copy, containing full memories, both conscious and subconscious, 'reflects' into the extruded real time body. Each copy is capable of thinking and acting independently during an oobe if enough vital energy (vitality) is available. Neither copy may be aware of the other's continuing existence or awake state. This is the natural mind-split effect which always occurs, but is very seldom noticed, during sleep and all types of OOBE. During a conscious exit projection, consciousness is first reflected into the etheric body. From the etheric body it is then reflected into the real time 'projectable' double when that body is generated. The real time double appears to be generated inside the combined physical/etheric bodies and does not appear to project outside the physical/etheric body until a copy of consciousness is transferred (reflected) into it.

Before the actual moment of projection, of the exit of the real time body out of the physical body, all potential copies of mind are closely enmeshed and held together safely inside the physical body. One full copy always stays inside the physical/etheric body and this (the original copy) appears to fall asleep and thus moves itself safely, but temporarily, out of the picture to allow the natural projection process to occur. The original copy of mind will begin dreaming at some point after it falls asleep.

If the original copy does not move itself out of the picture, the difficulty of projection increases dramatically, as with conscious exit projection where the mind is awake throughout the projection process. This last factor alone accounts for the sheer difficulty of conscious exit projection.

The dreaming mind of the physical body appears to account for the reality fluctuations commonly experienced shortly after the exit stage of a projection. This event may also be associated with the physical body's dream mind entering the REM sleep state (REM = Rapid Eye Movement) which is commonly associated with the dreaming state. The physical body's dreaming mind also appears to account for the hypnagogic imagery and visions experienced during the trance state and during the pre-projection state, or where the mind is held awake and balancing on the verge of sleep.

At the moment of separation, as the real time body projects free of the physical/etheric bodies, the mind appears to split or reflect a complete copy of itself into an 'exterior' subtle body. From this moment onwards both copies, one internal and one external, continuing to record their memories separately. Neither will usually be aware of the other's presence or existence, apart from the occasional vaguely shared feelings and remote perceptions of each other. The separateness of the mind-split effect and memory recording will continue until reintegration occurs. Upon reintegration, or waking, only one set of memories will usually be retained, but sometimes a mixture will occur. This can be part dream, part physical/etheric and part OOBE memories. The successful 'downloading' of projection memories strong enough to override physical/etheric body and dream memories for the same time period, strong enough to leave a lasting impression on the physical brain of a projector, appears to be the real key to successful and repeatable OOBE. See my new book "ASTRAL DYNAMICS" Chapter 21 - Overcoming The Mind Split - for more detailed information on this.

Ultimately, Ron,,, I'd say that you were experiencing different layers of consciousness via a dreaming mind. Your awareness of having a body is irrelevant.. Experiencing different layers of consciousness within dream is possible,, but you are more than likely experiencing a more 'actual' experience out of your body,, and remembering it like a dream,,,, rather than it being just a normal random dream...

The mind split is, I believe, an integral part of the workings of Universal Law, where the mind splits and reflects itself into many different parts, levels and aspects, each belonging to a different dimensional level. Robert Bruce...

I hope this helps.
    Jake.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

jerry (30th September 2014), mab777 (22nd September 2020), Mark (29th September 2014), NancyV (30th September 2014), Orph (28th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (28th September 2014), Sebastion (28th September 2014), william r sanford72 (28th September 2014)

24. Link to Post #113
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Question to NancyV: on Sept.17/2014 on this thread you wrote: "It wasn't until age 33 that I began meditating and having OBE's where I totally left the earth dimension and traveled through all dimensions up to Source. There was a huge difference for me between OBE's where I stayed within a room, which I had done starting about age 4, and OBE's where I left all things human behind..."

Can you tell us what you experienced when you went all the way up to Source?
    Will you share some of your other experiences during your many travels out of body as well?
    Thanks.

25. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

Jake, Your above distinctions are written very well and correspond pretty much with my experiences. Kudos to you for explaining it in the way you did. I particularly agree with Robert Bruce about the mind splits. I have experienced that the mind one uses seems (or does) correspond frequency wise with the particular dimension that one finds themselves in. I want to add something to what Robert has said in that quote.

As I have experienced it generally speaking, we have at least 2 minds. The first and original mind is what I will call "spirit mind" and I would know it to be something very close to "god mind" or some would refer it to be higher mind, higher self etc. I believe there is much confusion when some refer to it in those contexts, because few understand what they are really talking about. It's easy to see as there are a number of dimensions to deal with, which as I have already stated, have their own unique mind/awareness frequencies.

The second mind is what I know to be ( and it's my own interpretation) lower mind. This mind is picked up when the soul or spirit being descends into the lower worlds, from the mental and downward into gross matter or material worlds. It is supposed to be a tool to assist the soul in navigating and understanding while within these regions. The problem is, as I see it,lower mind has usurped spirit mind especially in the gross material worlds. Spirit mind has been all but forgotten as a result-in my view.

There are profound differences between the two. To view this world through the eyes of spirit mind is to see an entire world of pure insanity. To be "enlightened" is equal to being the only sane adult in a world comprised of 5 yr olds who are all sociopathic and psychopathic with no hope of ever meeting another sane adult. To even make the aforementioned statement is to invite the wrath of many. It is no small wonder to me why people do not talk of experiences beyond the body, yet I have found it to be your birthright, a treasure chest of wondrous knowledge and experience.

It isn't all love and light out there but it is the greatest adventure one can have, second to none!

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

Jake (28th September 2014), jerry (30th September 2014), Mark (29th September 2014), Maunagarjana (20th October 2014), NancyV (30th September 2014), Orph (29th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (28th September 2014)

27. Link to Post #115
    Thanks

I had an eventful night last night. (BTW, mental note: Don't get out of your body and shout out take me to Who Made God!! funny story actually..)

I made a few observations and took a few notes.

When we try and trigger the spot in our heads that pull in the 'vibrations', or the 'warmth' (as Monroe would call it),, Robert Monroe gave us a formula for where we properly place our eyes to induce the small cataleptic feeling. The warmth (more intensity and they are vibrations) comes into your head and may cause a tense numbing feeling just below your nose and into your face and then into your head. That spot is where Hitler mustache is.. (sorry for the Nazi reference...) You don't 'stimulate' this spot,, just be aware that this section of your face may go numb.

Monroe gave us this: With eyes closed, concentrate on a spot about a foot from your forehead; move it to three, then six feet away and rotate it ninety degrees so it sits above the crown of your head. Monroe then recommends you visualize reaching for the vibrations at this spot and pulling them down into your head.

Folks, this may be the most confusing thing that Monroe has ever said. I have read this over and over again, many hundreds of times, over the years. I have had long conversations with advanced projectors over this trigger technique.. Very advanced projectors have told me (even after they repeated it in a seminar) that they have absolutely no idea what Monroe is talking about... ??? I have to admit to you all right now that I would not know what he was talking about either, if I didn't already have an idea where to place my eyes, and where to find the 'trigger'...

Everyone gets confused and they just try and look up at an angle. When they cannot find the trigger, they assume that they just can't do it and give up... Don't give up. We've already done basic energy movement exercises and once you find the trigger and feel the warmth/vibrations then you can move them and spread them throughout your body with ease. Once you have done that it is ready for separation... But we are not there yet... Let's explore the trigger again..

To properly induce the Vibes with this method requires the eyes to be closed and your mind relaxed.. A mild trance would be appropriate, but not too deep. I want you to get a good idea of what I am talking about, then you can practice again later in deeper trance. The deeper the trance state, the more potent the sensations.

For now, don't close your eyes. Just sit comfortably and relax your eyes and look forward. Now cross your eyes, gently. I know that not everyone can do it. If you can, cross your eyes gently and make sure to not strain them. It is more of a resting feeling than forcing them to stare at the tip of your nose. Your eyelids should be resting about half way open. Now,, keeping your eyes gently crossed, begin to look upwards very slowly. Remember that eye strain is NOT what we are looking for. The eyes should be gently relaxed. Slowly begin looking up and you will find a point where your eyelids begin to twitch and the top of your eyeballs seem to tickle a bit. Now stop it... Rub out your eyes,,, you look silly....

Seriously though.. That is the point that you are looking for, except your eyes will be closed. There will be no eyelid twitching but the 'tickling' that seems to be on the top of the eyeballs will give way to an electrical numbing (even warm liquidy) feel coming into your head from that point. Remember to Rest your eyes into it. It almost feels like you are 'forcing' your eyes to rest,, if that makes any sense..

Try it with your eyes open until you get the feeling. Then close your eyes and try it,,, recognize the differences in sensitivity.. Now try it again after you have cleared/calmed your mind and dropped into a bit of a trance... You will find that the sensations are very real. The eye trick trigger method is much more potent and robust. Also (Monroe doesn't really get into it too much) you should become aware of an adrenaline type of rushing feeling coming from your diaphragm or heart area. It feels like intense excitement, and it goes hand in hand with the sensations pouring into your body from your head. The rushing sensation travels upwards, and seems to meet with the vibration/warmth that is pouring in... If we have done proper energy work,, this rushing sensation will be natural and strong.. The same with the energy that comes when with tickle the trigger... Much more natural robust energy at our disposal to create the disassociate platform that we are looking for. (you man not even notice that your body has become paralyzed,,, lol...) If you do, don't panic,,, it is exactly what we are trying to do... Try and stay still and 'relax into' the sensations. RELAX INTO THEM... you will see..

Another note: When it comes to getting yourself into a deep trance,, most people have difficulty with this... Most people can't seem to drop into trance. They can clear their minds easy enough, but there focus does not become gentle enough to allow themselves to drop. They can be physically relaxed plenty, and still not seem to be able to fall into trance. This is quite normal, I have found. Some people can't be hypnotized either. Unfortunately trance is like sleep, in that we cannot Force it to happen, we have to LET it happen, and that just doesn't work for most people. I have the opposite problem.. I begin dropping into trance, and I cannot put on the breaks... I slip right passed the signposts, and into sleep.. Fortunately, there is a workaround.. But you have to allow yourself to fall asleep.

Not so bad really,,,, You'd be surprised how many times you woke in the night to adjust or turn over or whatever. You have to condition yourself to remember to allow yourself to wake gently, each time you wake in the night. I used to think it was just 4 or 5 times that I would wake.. That's about all I would remember. I found that it is actually closer to 25 or 30 times that I wake up randomly.. I don't remember it because I immediately fall back to sleep. (25 or 30 times?? That's 4 or 5 times an hour that there is a perfect opportunity for projection...)

Here is the trick... It is an awesome practice, in that it conditions you to a) Condition yourself to wake gently into a natural trance state... and b),, conditions you to remember your dreams,, which will help you to remember your OBEs.. So this trick is priceless... Whenever you wake at night, try and notice. You may bring yourself to full wakefulness, but being that you were just sleeping,,, you can drop into trance much easier now. Before you have any thought,, sit there quietly, do not move,, and remember your dream. (You will have been dreaming) More than likely, you are well on your way to forgetting the dream.. Try and sit still and 'sink back into the dream' just enough to remember it. Try and not slip back into the dream... Try and hold and sustain this state.. You can remember the dream and then clear your mind again,,, GENTLY... The more that you do this, the more that it will become natural and you will be waking into a perfect state of lucid trance awareness. Also your dream/OBE recall will skyrocket!! At any time after you have gently remembered the dream and cleared you mind,, you can gently do the eye trick but be forewarned,,,, You are about to embark on an incredible journey... Be ready!!!!!

The above is exactly what I did last night,,, and I was out of my body within a half hour of laying down to try... No Bull****!!!

Again there are different core aspects/skills that should be considered daily,, and integrated into your meditations before you can rely on them when you are practicing ObE... Do the eye trigger trick a couple of times so that you can feel it for yourself, and you know what I am talking about... Then guage for yourself how much energy work or trance work that you need to tackle for yourself..

Don't hesitate to report your findings...

(Ron, I'm pulling for you..)

Love to you all
    Jake.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

jerry (29th September 2014), Mark (29th September 2014), Maunagarjana (20th October 2014), Orph (29th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), rgray222 (28th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (28th September 2014), Sebastion (28th September 2014), william r sanford72 (30th September 2014)

29. Link to Post #116
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Sebastion, you wrote: "As I have experienced it generally speaking, we have at least 2 minds. The first and original mind is what I will call "spirit mind" and I would know it to be something very close to "god mind" or some would refer it to be higher mind, higher self etc. I believe there is much confusion when some refer to it in those contexts, because few understand what they are really talking about. It's easy to see as there are a number of dimensions to deal with, which as I have already stated, have their own unique mind/awareness frequencies.
    The second mind is what I know to be ( and it's my own interpretation) lower mind. This mind is picked up when the soul or spirit being descends into the lower worlds, from the mental and downward into gross matter or material worlds. It is supposed to be a tool to assist the soul in navigating and understanding while within these regions. The problem is, as I see it,lower mind has usurped spirit mind especially in the gross material worlds. Spirit mind has been all but forgotten as a result-in my view."

This is close to my understanding. I am new here, but it seems you have experienced consciously other dimensions. I ask you the same as I asked NancyV - can you share with us what you have actually seen and experienced out-of-body?

30. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Today I began testing the waters and found myself experiencing a tingling sensation in my feet then my hands like they had fallen asleep and that was about it. The last couple of days when I retire or take an afternoon nap ive been consciously working towards feeling the vibrations discussed here .

Focusing with my eyes closed on the point in front of me , a few inches then 6 and farther out , ill work on it again tonight. Any advice to pass along at this point for the rookies. So much info I'm finding is out there, and here on Avalon. Any place in particular I should be looking?

Also worked a bit on the touch sensations of the hands any successes Ill be sure to share. Feel I still need to absorb more info as to the different techniques people are using. I remember when I had the experience as a kid it came about seems I recall from focusing on a spot on the ceiling and just went into the experience with out and tingling or vibratory sensations . I also heard somewhere that the fluoride calcifies our pineal gland and hinders such experiences, anyone care to comment on that

31. The Following User Says Thank You to jerry For This Post:

Jake (29th September 2014)

32. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

Energy Work Cont...

Quote Posted by jerry (here)
    Today I began testing the waters and found myself experiencing a tingling sensation in my feet then my hands like they had fallen asleep and that was about it. The last couple of days when I retire or take an afternoon nap ive been consciously working towards feeling the vibrations discussed here .

Focusing with my eyes closed on the point in front of me , a few inches then 6 and farther out , ill work on it again tonight. Any advice to pass along at this point for the rookies. So much info I'm finding is out there, and here on Avalon. Any place in particular I should be looking?

Also worked a bit on the touch sensations of the hands any successes Ill be sure to share. Feel I still need to absorb more info as to the different techniques people are using. I remember when I had the experience as a kid it came about seems I recall from focusing on a spot on the ceiling and just went into the experience with out and tingling or vibratory sensations . I also heard somewhere that the fluoride calcifies our pineal gland and hinders such experiences, anyone care to comment on that

Hi Jerry, I am thrilled that you have begun energy work.. I have some advice for beginners. Working with hands and feet are a good place to start. They seem to react quite easily to basic stimulation. You might feel a tingling or a numbing or a tightness etc.. That's about all that you are looking for with basic stimulation.. Create tennis ball size energy balls, and place them in your wrists. You can split your awareness and feel, lets say,, the tips of all ten of your fingers. If you can do that (it will become easier if you are having difficulty,,) Move all ten little energy balls down your fingers and into your wrist, and back up to the tips of your fingers. Try it one finger at a time if you need to. Try and feel the inside of the fingers as opposed to just feeling the surface. When you get your hands nice and 'tingly' move on to your wrist. Feel the larger energy ball moving slowly up your forearm. Move slowly at first, making sure to feel it the whole way. At any point, you may have a blockage. You will feel it by noticing the 'slower' 'thicker' areas in your body that you can't seem to 'feel' or move energy through. These spots should be worked on more than the others. Move energy balls back and forth until you can feel it all of the way through. Take notes if you have to. Write down the areas that seemed to have blockages. Compare them next time you do energy work.

Keep your energy work separate from ObE practice, at first. Get a good feel of bouncing energy throughout your body.. Get your hands and feet and arms and legs glowing before moving to the full body bounce. The full body bounce is as follows: Create an energy ball that is big enough around that it can move up and down your body. Maybe the size of a basketball. (Maybe a volley ball) Lay on your back and feel this ball at your feet. Move it slowly up both legs and keep going. Up through your genital area, and up into your gut. Keep going up the center of your torso (not the spine). Keep moving the energy up slowly through your diaphragm up into your chest. (You may feel Heavier energy sensations as you pass energy by the Primary Centers.) Keep the energy moving up your neck and into your head. Fell it stop at the very tip of your head,, as if the ball went out of your head just barely,, and back down again. It will be slow going at first. The full body bounce is my main energy work practice... I have done energy work for years, and if I do the full body bounce,, it gets everything else buzzing and popping. The full body bounce is not direct Primary Center work.. But it may get some good juices flowing, especially if you happen to clear a blockage while doing the full body bounce. If a blockage in any part of your body occurs,, it will feel like blood flow suddenly in that area,,, as if your circulation was cut off and it returned again,,,, it will have that cold/flowing feeling.

You should be keeping a journal as you may want to keep track of your progress. Also, you should make a list of goals. Think of a few simple things that you would do if you left your body and write down a few examples in your journal. (you will remember them when you are out,,, so this may become important for you.) Also, it is important to become aware of increased dreaming activity. Write down all your dreams and impressions,, even small dreaming fragments. If you do this every time that you get up in the morning,, it will increase dream recall and send a powerful message to your higher self that you are trying to 'remember'...

Until you can get your whole body glowing and a full energy body bounce is easy and almost bounces on its own,,, you should keep energy work separate from OBE practice.. i.e. don't practice OBE using energy work until you get to a point where you don't have to use to much direct thought to do it. You can incorporate them together soon enough... Another thing to take into consideration is that you should not try to project every night. Do it every other night. Spending nights NOT practicing will increase the odds of the nights that you do. Every night seems to saturate the process for some reason...

Hands and feet are energy input ports as well as output ports,, and they have several secondary centers, so they will be the easiest to charge up. The feet too...

I want to say a bit more about the eye trick trigger... It is like you are looking up with sleepy cataleptic eyes. There will be a tickling that feels like it is at the back of your eyeball. Try and think of it as resting the back of your eyeballs down, as they are relaxed and the fronts of the eyes are gently resting,, crossed and looking up... Sleepy cataleptic eyes... The truth is that you only have to do the eye trick until you get the feel of where the tickling is,,, then as you get good at pinpointing targets with body awareness and energy,, all you have to do is 'flex' or 'fire up' this part of they back of the eyeball/brain area without moving your eyes. Doing they eye technique forces you to pinpoint that spot. Once you find it,, all you have to do is 'energize' it and the energetic sensations that you have mustered will kick into another gear, and they won't be just tingling and warm feelings. They will be intense electrical humming and paralysis and vibrations and pulses and noises,,, etc.... You will get a kick out it. You will more than likely find yourself waking up into next level energetic sensations. Monroe would say to reach out for the warmth, and pull it into your body... He was doing energy work without knowing it.... Once this warmth comes into your upper torso, it should begin to kick on the next level energetic process. You may need to be deeper into trance for it to take over. It will take over on its own, and you shouldn't have to do too much moving or coaxing it to flow. If you do, that is fine, as you have learned the basics, and the rest is more of the same... Don't confuse yourself with they eye trick. Just look for sleepy cataleptic eyes and sustain it until the warmth begins to flow in... If your energy body is properly stimulated,, it will create its own flow, and meet the 'warmth, in the middle. I tried it last night and could only muster the warmth with just a little bit of stirring in my torso. The night before it was very easy... You will find it easier on some days than others. I recommend energy work every day,,, meditation every day (only about 15 or 20 minutes each) and actual ObE practice only 3 or 4 nights a week. Remember we are building supporting pathways that will be giving vitality to the Secondary and Primary centers, and that does not happen over night.

Keep up the good work. I am glad that you have robust hand and feet. That is a good start. Some areas do not respond as well,, like the hips... Those take time to get tingling...

Here it is,,, right from the horses mouth.. Robert Bruce (literally) wrote the book on energy work.. He studied in China for many years, learning about energy work concepts from the East, and incorporating the training into his philosophies and practices when it comes to the work that we are doing here in this discussion.. I had the privilege of working one on one with him back in 2010, and I have corresponded with him ever sense. Bruce is the real deal. He does sell anything new he comes out with, but he always makes it available for free eventually...

Check out these vids regarding energy work. Robert is a master at explaining things. These vids are for beginners and advanced projectors alike. Most, if not ALL advanced projectors deal with all of the energy stuffs that we are studying,, they just never tried to dial it all in, and put it into words then into practice... It takes work,,, but not too much, really...

Here is the free tutorial.

Here is his book New Energy Ways. It is free...

Just because you are a beginner, doesn't mean that you should be shy,,, Dive right in. What do you have to lose????

I hope this isn't too much. Don't hesitate to ask questions... I have a lot of experience with this stuff, and if I can't answer,, I have Robert at the ready for help...

Cheers.
    Jake.
    Last edited by Jake; 29th September 2014 at 18:07.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

jerry (30th September 2014), mab777 (23rd September 2020), Mark (30th September 2014), Reinhard (30th September 2014), RichD (29th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (29th September 2014), Sebastion (29th September 2014), william r sanford72 (30th September 2014)

34. Link to Post #119
    United States Avalon Member Mark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,484 times in 2,851 posts

Hi Jake.

I rarely talk about this topic for many of the reasons that you have listed above. Even among those who consider themselves consciously awake and aware, this particular aspect, and particularly the Vibrations, are often something outside of their life-experience. For that reason, it often becomes a discussion of theories and beliefs, with the underlying assumption being that my experience is open to debate, as if what I have gone through is somehow not real or is, perhaps, 'just' a dream. The very real experiences that I have undergone have been mind-boggling and, since they have occurred since the youngest of ages, they have set me apart as they have the rest of the Experiencers here.

It may sound Elitist for me to phrase it that way, but - as I know the rest of you can attest - it has been far from that. It has been a trying and terrifying ordeal, to know from the youngest ages that the world around you that everyone else sees and exists in is not all there is. And to not be able to talk about that to anyone at all creates an Orb of Silence around you as you experience these things that seem so impossible and out of the ordinary.

In my introductory msg to this thread, I was spare with the information that I have shared. Those who have read my postings in the past and who know some of my other experiences perhaps have a clearer understanding of how the conscious acceptance of these abilities work themselves out over a lifetime of trial and error, of intense inner exploration and of the material effects of these journeys out of the body.

I fully concur with the many comments made by those who have explored these realms and have shared in this thread, of particular interest to me are the implications for energy work and also this designation of the "multiple minds". Something that I mentioned in my last posting in regards to energy work was my interest in seeing that explored further and the exercises that you have shared, Jake, have been good ones for those beginning these explorations themselves. You are providing them with a firm foundation to begin their journeys, tools that will indeed help them to navigate once they have learned to access the states discussed.

In regards to Monroe's technique of finding the point and following it above the head, this is the method that I use when I deliberately try to go out of the body and it works for me constantly, when I attempt it. I do not attempt it often. In addition to this ability, there are others accessible to me as well, that I have accessed in the past but, as with this one, I rarely attempt to access again. I have returned to Amenta, the Formative Void, and I have also been called to a city I call Shambhala, as it fits the description to a Tee, and met, there, a Master, who returned me to that space of Being at the very core of existence itself, I think, to show me once more, that it is continuously present. How that relates to this thread and recent discussion is in the designation of multiple bodies, because, in that experience, I was simultaneously aware of my material body, my astral body and another, higher form that the Master manipulated in order to return me to that space. I recall the experience as being within the astral body, and, within that, this other body being turned backwards, kind of a slow rotation as if i were doing a backflip, to enter into the Formative Void once again. That space of Love and Beingness and eternal and infinite peace and Oneness. This experience brought me to another space of Being within my lived reality and I have not shifted back down since.

There are many stories, many experiences, many adventures that I'm sure we all can share and I look forward to reading and knowing more of yours, Jake, as well as more of the others who have taken this ability to the next level.

And insofar as the New Age Powers-That-Be are concerned, Jake, all I have to say about their "poo-poo'ing" of the Vibrations and what I perceive by the tone of your statements is their doubt as to its importance or even existence, is ... hm.

Really?

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Post:

Jake (30th September 2014), Maunagarjana (24th November 2014), Reinhard (8th October 2014), Sebastion (30th September 2014), william r sanford72 (30th September 2014), Wind (30th September 2014)

36. Link to Post #120
    Thanks

Robert Bruce...

I'm not going to go into a large bio of Robert Bruce. But I'm going to cover more of his information with specific regards Astral Projection. Energy work is an obvious key element in Roberts overall methods for ObE.. But you may be wondering by now what his specific methods for ObE are.. I have posted his pioneering book Astral Dynamics on another page. It is by far the most comprehensive, hands-on study of the ObE and Astral Projection to date. I consider it mee ObE bible. Bruce covers many of the complex issues regarding ObE from a person who has had thousands (if not, more) fully conscious ObEs... His approach is very western. His expert observations are laid out in a clear and concise manner. It may be a bit of a difficult read, but it is some of the most sophisticated information on the ObE that I have come across...

Roberts methodology is unique to his wholistic approach to energy work. I will list his methods and key points, then at a later time, we will incorporate it all into our ongoing list(s) of OBE methodology...

Treatsie on
    Astral Projection
    - Part 3

Projection Training
    ( By Robert Bruce )

PROJECTION TRAINING

To trigger the projection of the Astral body, while fully conscious, there are four major requirements:

1. Relaxing your body 100% while staying awake.

2. Concentrating 100% on what you are doing.

3. Having enough energy available.

4. Pressuring the astral body to separate.

Together, these four things will trigger an OOBE.

Below are exercises that will teach how to relax the body, concentrate, clear the mind, raise energy, stimulate the chakras and enter the trance state.

CALMING THE MIND

Relaxation

You must learn and master, a full body relaxation exercise. If you know one already it can be adapted to suit. Here is a very simple one:

Sit, or lie down, and relax. Starting with the feet, tense and relax them. Continue this with calves, thighs, hips, stomach, chest, arms, neck and face until your whole body is deeply relaxed. Go over this a few times, making sure your muscles stay relaxed.

Note: Deep physical relaxation is the key to bringing on the trance state, i.e., deep relaxation CAUSES the trance state. Once you are in the trance state, projection on the astral body is relatively easy.

Contemplation

When you begin meditation, you will be plagued with thoughts from your surface mind, which acts like a huge Memo pad. It carries messages, reminders, pressing thoughts, problems to solve, unresolved issues etc. It is constantly busy, it NEVER rests, thoughts, thoughts, thoughts, one after the other, all clamouring for attention.

Before you attempt to clear your mind, with the breath awareness exercise below, it is wise to deal with these surface thoughts by the act of contemplating them. Sit comfortably, do the relaxation exercise and think, nothing more, just think. Search out the strongest thoughts in your mind and examine them, try to resolve and understand them.

Note the word: THINKING. Contemplation does not involve clearing the mind, or visualization. It requires you to THINK, deeply and thoroughly, about something, to gain a deeper understanding of its nature and how it relates to you, an insight.

Breath Awareness Meditation

This is a simple form of meditation. It will clear your mind and focus your awareness.

Sit or lie down, close your eyes, do the relaxation exercise and clear your mind. Breathe deeply and slowly and focus on the breath entering and leaving your body. Feel it coming in and feel it going out. Focus your whole attention on your lungs and the breathing process. This simple action is enough to occupy your surface mind. Firmly push intruding thoughts away, as they begin, before they can gather strength and distract you.

Breath awareness occupies the surface mind and allows you to think on a much deeper level.

Surface Thoughts

Sounds are very distracting, they generate surface thoughts. A car horn will generate: "Who's that, what's happening?" A door opening will generate: "Who's coming in or going out?" The surface mind is always very curious about what is happening around you. It wants to know all, and it wants to inform you of every little thing going on around you. It will pressure you to open your eyes, get up and go find out what's happening.

Don't allow this to happen. USE these annoying, attention getting thoughts as a training aide. By learning to quash and ignore them, your powers of concentration will grow.

Stop these annoying little thoughts as they begin, before they can take root and grow into something stronger.

For example:

"Who's that, what's happening?" becomes: "Who's th............"

"Who's coming in, or going out?" becomes: "Who's co............"

With practise the start of these distracting thoughts will get shorter and shorter until you get:

" Wh....?........?.........." and " W...?................... "

And finally:

".......?........?...........................?..................."

Many people say they can't clear their mind as they are too easily distracted by all the small noises that surround them, in normal day to day activity. DON'T use music or other sounds to blanket these out, USE them for training. It's like weight lifting, if you train with feather dusters your strength will not increase. You need to master this, the hard way, if you want to give your mind real muscle.

Slowly but surely you will master the ability to clear your mind. Once accomplished, you will have gained a valuable mental tool. You will be able to concentrate 100% of your attention, on one task, to the TOTAL exclusion of everything else.

I sometimes meditate, in the trance state, successfully, in a noisy, crowded room with little children crawling all over me. NOTHING breaks my concentration.

CONCENTRATION

You must be able to concentrate and focus completely on what you are doing. Lack of concentration is the single, biggest cause of projection failure. It affects every aspect of projection, from the relaxation exercise, to the trance state and actual projection.

To test your ability to concentrate: Sit and relax. Close your eyes and clear your mind of ALL thought. Breath slowly and deeply and count each breath, at the end of each exhale. Hold it totally BLANK, apart from the counting, for as long as you can. See how long you can hold it like this. Be honest with yourself, every time a thought intrudes start counting from the beginning again.

You are doing well if can do this for longer than ten breaths. Ten breaths is, however, not long enough. Don't worry though, this can be improved on with the exercises below.

Concentration Exercise (1)

After image retention: Relax, calm your mind, and look at a candle or a light bulb. Place this light in front of you, a couple of feet away, and stare fixedly at it for a minute or two. Close your eyes and concentrate on the after image this will generate behind your closed eyelids. Try and keep sight of it for as long as possible. Use breath awareness to keep the mind clear, while you are doing this. Try and make the after image grow, instead of fading away.

Concentration Exercise (2)

One point stare: Pick a spot on a wall and gaze at it. Don't focus on it, just gaze at it gently. Clear your mind of ALL thoughts and forcibly hold it blank. Concentrate HARD, on breath awareness while you are doing this. When you feel a thought beginning, push it away, don't let it finish! Hold this for as long as you can. Do this several times a day, or more if you can.

Concentration Exercise (3)

Energy breathing: Sit and relax. Close your eyes and clear your mind. Do the breath awareness exercise and imagine the air you are breathing IN is brightly coloured energy of your favourite colour. Imagine the air you are breathing OUT is a murky Grey, full of toxic waste. This is a purification exercise. It stimulates your chakras into absorbing energy on the inhale and getting rid of negative energy on the exhale.

Note: Try your best not to tense up while you are doing these concentration exercises, it is ALL mental. In the beginning, it may feel as if you have to tense your mind into a tight ball to stop it thinking, but in time you will find the opposite to be true. When you get used to it, clearing the mind is VERY relaxing.

The Trance State

When you have attained a deep level of relaxation and mental calmness, you will feel your body begin to get very, very heavy. This heaviness is the main symptom of your brain waves changing from the Beta to the Alpha level as you enter a trance. The trance state is caused by deep physical and mental relaxation. There is nothing weird or supernatural about it. It simply means your body has entered the sleep state while your conscious mind is fully awake.

How to Enter a Trance

Do the relaxation exercise and calm your mind through breath awareness. Imagine you are climbing down a ladder in the dark. Don't visualize a ladder, just imagine you can feel yourself doing it. On the exhale, feel yourself climbing a step or two down the ladder with your imaginary Hands (outlined below). On the inhale, feel yourself holding still on the ladder. What is needed is a mental falling effect inside your mind. This changes the level of brain wave activity from the awake level (Beta) to the asleep level (Alpha) or the deep sleep level (Theta). Once your level of brain wave activity reaches Alpha you will enter a trance. Keep doing this for as long as it takes. The time it takes to enter trance will vary, depending on your experience with deep relaxation and mental calmness.

Note: Once you get the heavy feeling, stop the mental falling exercise.

If you don't like the ladder, imagine you are in a lift, feel yourself falling on the exhale and holding on the inhale. Or, Imagine you are a feather, feel yourself floating down on the exhale and holding still on the inhale. As I stated above, you need a mental falling effect to lower your level of brain wave activity. This mental falling effect, when combined with deep relaxation and mental calmness, will cause you to enter the trance state. Feel free to use any scenario you are familiar with to bring about this going deeper feeling.

A trance feels like: Everything gets quieter and you feel like you are in a much bigger place. There is a very slight humming feeling in your body. Everything feels different. It feels a bit like putting a cardboard box over your head in the dark, you can feel the atmosphere change. It's like everything goes fuzzy or slightly blurred. Any sharp noises, while in trance, feel like a physical blow to the Solar Plexus.

Deep Trance

The level of trance you achieve depends greatly on your relaxation, concentration skills and will power. To enter a deeper trance, i.e., Theta level and beyond, you have to concentrate much more and for much longer, on the mental falling sensation aided by breath awareness. The first level of trance, i.e., when you get very heavy, is quite deep enough for projection. I strongly advise against forcing yourself deeper than a light trance, until you have plenty of experience with the trance state.

How can you tell if you are entering a deep trance? There are four very noticeable symptoms:

1. An uncomfortable feeling of cold that doesn't make you shiver, coupled with a steady loss of body heat.

2. Mentally, you will feel very odd and everything will feel extremely slooooow. Your thought processes will slow down as if you had been given a strong pain killing injection.

3. You will feel disassociated from your body, i.e., a strong floating sensation and everything will seem far away.

4. Total physical Paralysis.

Note: These four things, ALL TOGETHER, signify you are entering a deep trance.

Do not mistake the mild floating sensation you sometimes get with light trance, i.e., as you astral body comes loose. Or the slight loss of body heat from sitting still for a long time and the mild paralysis, i.e., the heaviness, for a deep trance. The sensation of deep trance is quite uncomfortable and unmistakable for what it is.

It is very difficult to get into the deep trance state, as you need highly developed relaxation, concentration and trance state skills plus lots and lots of will power and mental energy. You will not accidentally fall into it.

If you are worried you are going too deep, remember this:

You CAN pull yourself out of it at any time. Concentrate ALL your will on moving your fingers or toes. Once you can move a finger or toe, flex your hands, move your arms, shake your head, i.e., reanimate your body; and get up and walk around for a few minutes. Falling into a deep trance should not be a problem with these exercises.

I have seen many people in meditation groups etc, enter a light trance and not be able to pull themselves out of it, i.e., they float away with the faeries. Usually some kind person will talk them out of it or massage their wrists etc to get them to come back to reality. This is unnecessary and is the result of lop-sided training, i.e., no concentration or will power training. The person only THINKS they cannot come back and therefore does not try very hard. It is also a good way of getting attention from the group.

Note: Your mind is extremely powerful and has vast untapped resources. It can do ANYTHING, no limits, if it is trained, conditioned and properly motivated.

Energy Body Expansion

At some point after entering the trance state, you will feel a mild paralysis come over you. This will soon be accompanied by a deepening vibration and a buzzing feeling all over. You may also feel like you are huge and swollen. The paralysis, vibrations and the huge feeling are symptoms of the energy body expanding and the astral body loosening. This is part of the normal sleep process. The energy body expands and opens in order to accumulate and store energy. During this, the astral body drifts free, slightly out phase with the physical body.

Trance Familiarity

Many people blow their projection simply because they are not used to the trance state. They think it is a briefly opened window into the Astral dimension. This is simply NOT true. If you stay mentally and physically calm when you enter the trance state, you can maintain it for hours. I regularly spend several hours at a time in the trance state, during meditation.

If, when you enter trance, you think: "Yes! I've done it!...I'm in a trance! Gotta hurry and get out quick...before it stops!" You'll blow it for sure! The trance will be ended by the simple act of getting over excited, i.e., breaking relaxation and mental calmness.

It's a good idea to spend time in the trance state, just getting used to it, before you try and project. Just relax, stay calm, focus on breath awareness, and hold the trance. It won't end until you want it to. Get used to how it feels.

When you are comfortable doing this, do the energy raising and chakra stimulation exercises, below, in trance.

Note: You do not HAVE to be in a trance to learn energy and chakra work, it just works better in trance.

Note: Trance practise can be done lying down, but is best done in a comfortable arm chair.

Your astral body will be loose in the trance state, so try lifting your astral arms and legs out, one at a time. Use your HANDS to do this, as shown in the next section. Focus and FEEL your awareness in an arm and slowly lift it free of your body. You may feel a slight tickling or localized dizziness inside your arm or leg, as you do this. Lift your astral arm up and look at it, with your eyes closed, but DON'T move a muscle. In this state you should be able to see it through your closed eyelids, but don't worry if you can't, this will come later.

Lifting your astral arms free is good practise for projection. Later, you will use these astral arms to pull your astral body free of the physical.

Tactile Imaging

Tactile imaging is a perception or FEELING of localized bodily awareness.

Your hands are very closely linked to your bodily awareness. They are intimately aware of every part of your body. Imaginary HANDS, outlined below, is only an extension of this (hand to body) awareness. When you are asked to feel your awareness, in any part of your body, PRETEND your hands, your real hands, are going to touch that area of your body. Then use the awareness this generates in that area to imagine your imaginary HANDS are there.

Keep your eyes closed and hold your hands out a foot or so in front of your face. Concentrate, FEEL where they are and try and SEE them through the blackness behind your closed eyes. Cross your wrists, slowly move them about, turn your hands over, open and close your fingers. Look hard, concentrate, as if you were trying to see in the dark, and you will see a faint moving shadow in your minds eye, where your hands and arms are.

Close your eyes and touch the tip of your nose with the index finger of your right hand. You'll find you can accurately put that finger on any part of your body with your eyes closed. Try it, put your hand, your real hand, on different parts of your body like this. You know exactly where your hands are at all times, you can sense and feel where they are. If you observe what is happening in your mind, while you are doing this, you will notice you become aware of the part of your body you are going to touch, the instant you make the decision to touch it.

Go over your whole body like this, getting used to the sensation of awareness it generates in different areas of your body.

What is happening is this: Part of your mind is shifting into, and HIGHLIGHTING, the area you are going to touch, in order to guide your hand to the exact spot. Your mind shifts part of its awareness to this spot and acts like a homing beacon for your hand.

The ability to shift your awareness into different parts of your body like this is VITAL to energy work and this projection method.

Note: You do not have to actually visualize these HANDS, i.e., see or imagine you can see them. It is ALL tactile, NOT visual. You just have to be able to pretend to FEEL them doing something, like you are rehearsing some simple action in your mind.

I originally developed this technique for blind people. Blind people cannot visualize AT ALL, if they have been blind since birth, but they do have a very keen sense of bodily awareness. The majority of sighted people also have great trouble with visualization of any kind, and all projection techniques depend heavily on visualization. This being the case, I developed a projection technique that does NOT depend on visualization to exert pressure on the astral body to separate. It turned out to be so much easier, and more successful, than the other visualization based techniques, that I discarded them in favour of this simple tactile method.

Note: Blind people are not blind in astral form. The astral body does not have any organs as such, it is a point of consciousness only. The astral body you are aware of while projecting is provided courtesy of the subconscious minds creative ability.

FULL TREATISE ON ASTRAL PROJECTION BY ROBERT BRUCE...

Robert can be quite detailed in his studies.

Check out his work. Robert is the real deal...
    Jake.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

jerry (1st October 2014), Mark (30th September 2014), Reinhard (8th October 2014), Sebastion (30th September 2014), william r sanford72 (30th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 6 16 19 LastLast