+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 5 15 19 LastLast

Thread: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

1. Link to Post #281
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Default Re: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

In a word,, Overrun...

Wearing the Inside Out Lyrics

From morning to night I stayed out of sight
    Didn't recognize I'd become
    No more than alive I'd barely survive
    In a word... overrun

Won't hear a sound (He's curled into the corner)
    From my mouth (But still the screen is flickering)
    I've spent too long (With an endless stream of garbage to)
    On the inside out (...curse the place)
    My skin is cold (In a sea of random images)
    To the human touch (The self-destructing animal)
    This bleeding heart's (Waiting for the waves to break)
    Not beating much

I murmured a vow of silence and now
    I don't even hear when I think aloud
    Extinguished by light I turn on the night
    Wear its darkness with an empty smile

I'm creeping back to life
    My nervous system all awry
    I'm wearing the inside out

Look at him now
    He's paler somehow
    But he's coming round
    He's starting to choke
    It's been so long since he spoke
    Well he can have the words right from my mouth

And with these words I can see
    Clear through the clouds that covered me
    Just give it time then speak my name
    Now we can hear ourselves again

I'm holding out (He's standing on the threshold)
    For the day (Caught in fiery anger)
    When all the clouds (And hurled into the furnace he'll)
    Have blown away (...curse the place)
    I'm with you now (He's torn in all directions)
    Can speak your name (And still the screen is flickering)
    Now we can hear (Waiting for the flames to break)
    Ourselves again
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

NancyV (20th December 2014), Reinhard (3rd February 2015), william r sanford72 (20th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #282
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,425 times in 839 posts

Default Re: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

Ahhhhh. So much fun reading this thread. Wish I could contribute in some way and join in. But apparently my Mission Control Center hasn't cleared me for lift-off. So I'll just have to be a spectator for the time being.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Jake (20th December 2014), seeker/reader (28th December 2014), Wide-Eyed (21st December 2015), william r sanford72 (7th January 2015)

5. Link to Post #283
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hello Jake,
    I too have had OBE's all of my life. I know that there is a magnetic/aetheric/spiritual body. Thanks for stating this thread, OBE's have been a part of me too, and it will be interesting to compare notes on the subject.
    I believe that someday we, as humans, will be so skilled at OBE as to leave our earthly bodies, and be able to repair the DNA of our fellow human beings with the light of our magnetic/aetheric/spiritual bodies at will.

*edit*
    p.s.
    I'm going to add to this later I want to finish reading this very interesting subject!
    Last edited by Walter; 26th December 2014 at 06:25.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Walter For This Post:

crosby (28th December 2014), Jake (28th December 2014), Wide-Eyed (21st December 2015), william r sanford72 (7th January 2015)

7. Link to Post #284
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

Hi Jake, I'm sorry that I haven't read all the posts, there are so many in this thread...(and I know that you have probably already answered this, and I do apologize).. But, Rahkyte suggested that I come here to explain what has been going on for well over a year now for me: Upon awakening, I can feel what most would call an electrical absorption or shock. It feels like something is either being turned on or off in my body. It only occurs during the waking moments and is not felt again throughout the day or night. It feels similar to receiving a shock from an outlet, but it is occurring within my torso - - like a buzzing..or perhaps an echo...it occurs for brief periods of time - it doesn't hurt or anything, and at first I had the thought that my heart was behaving badly..... but I do not feel this feeling at any other time accept upon awakening...... I'm sorry if you have already explained this, but I joined the thread so late, and this would so help me in finding out where and what I am experiencing. Thank you so much.
    Warmest and most loving regards,
    crosby

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Jake (28th December 2014), Reinhard (3rd February 2015), william r sanford72 (7th January 2015)

9. Link to Post #285
    Thanks

Hi Jake, thanks for posting this info. I am curious to see what you have to say on the subject as I have been experiencing some odd feelings and trips. Not sure if it is OBE. I feel i travel at night, i have conversations with people, i'm doing/organising etc....When i wake in the morning i feel like ive done a hard days work and need to sleep. I can never fully remember all but heres one I do. I was sitting in a bunker/rain cover (not sure what you call those things guys/players sit in at a soccer game etc... I was having an important discussion with a man. He seemed to be either a coach or manager..something to that effect. We were discussing this person by name..first name and surname. When i woke it seemed so real and i jumped out of bed and wrote the name down..I later checked out this name on google and it turns out he is a well known soccer player.
    I must try and remember where i actually wrote it. I have a habit of hiding things for safe keeping. Problem is i hide it so well even I cant find it..lol

Another experience i had was when learning to meditate. I went to a nearby Monk temple, they held classes every Sat. I needed to know if i was doing it right. Anyway, the teacher took us through the relaxing every limb and at that point i was gone from the room. Now this is where it gets a bit hard to explain. Where i ended up I have no idea, could i see anything..no...BUT...the feeling of total peace and contentment was amazing. I didn't want to leave. At that point the teacher rung her little bell which put me back into the room..Man I was so cheesed off that I was back. Given the choice i want to be there not here....Appreciate your feedback...Thanks

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Twig For This Post:

Jake (3rd February 2015), Orph (4th February 2015), Reinhard (3rd February 2015), rgray222 (3rd February 2015)

11. Link to Post #286
    Thanks

Wow,, hello Twig.. And a big warm welcome to Avalon!! It's about time, what took you so long?

A loose definition of OBE is any experience that you have that is beyond the restraints of the physical body... You don't have to be outside your body like a ghost,, there are different flavors to this overall experience.

You are having obes, and you probably have been for most of your life.. (that is a guess,,) I, too, have a very active dreaming mind. I am always oot-n-aboot, wether or not I readily recall the memories.. My take on it (in a nutshell) is that different aspects of our overall self operate independently within different dementional aspects of reality,, and synchronization of these aspects is what we are beginning to experience.. Let me explain a bit better...

For example, we have are everyday waking minds.. We have our dreaming mind,, (in there dreaming,, thinking that IT is the one living life..) We have our sleeping mind,, (the sleeper must awaken).. This list goes on and on.. For every dementional locale,, consciousness has equipped us with an aspect of ourselves that is integrated and connected.. Our waking, physical minds are linear, and do not readily handle different sets of memory for the same 'time' period... This is happening all the time, and makes for busy nights that we dont remember... Meditation and clearing the mind is key!!!

There is a relaxation technique that I do that is similar to what you describe... One of the key ingredients to OBE is deep physical relaxation.. I start with mee toes and tense them and flex them,, then immediately relax them fully and completely... Then I move to my calves, flex/relax... I take my time an do not rush... I go through a full body routine until my entire body has been flexed then relaxed.. This GREATLY increases the split between how deeply physically relaxed our bodies are vs how awake our minds are. Mind/awake-body/asleep.. (do not try and keep a robust intense and awake mind,, only gently awake, ,, that is why meditation is key..)

It sounds to me like you drop into trance very easily and seamlessly.. Which is difficult to train your self to do so you are ahead in that respect..

Meditate and clear you mind, listen to your breathing... Lay on your back, reclined,,, maybe best you dont lay flat.. Do the full body relaxation routine while keeping only a gentle touch with your mind... Allow yourself ro relax into any energetic sensation that comes,, try and RELAX SAFELY INTO the numb/relaxed feeling that you created with the relaxation routine...

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER,,,,,,,,,,, The sky is NOT the limit,, not by a long shot...

Let me know how it goes!!
    Jake
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

animovado (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (12th May 2017), Orph (4th February 2015), rgray222 (3rd February 2015)

13. Link to Post #287
    Thanks

@Jake...Forgot to add to my last post that on the odd occasion i have woken just before leaving my body and i feel total, inner body only, vibration. I myself am not shaking but everything in my skin seems to be shaking. It doesn't last long but it seems thats what happens just before i leave.

Mate i so wish i could get back to that blissful place i went to. I know what my problem is though. Even when i relax everything i still don't get to that same place. I was told it's because i want it so bad, I'm kinda pushing too hard...lol...therefore it doesn't seem to want to happen. I know that one day when i least expect it i'll be back there. The feeling though was so...Ummm..outa this world.
    Totally agree with you that meditation is the key to a whole new world...here too not just out there. When i was fully into it amazing things were happening in my life. I could and would see things that normally i would walk past and not notice. E.G. flowers that are taken for granted all of a sudden were in my face, almost as if they wanted me to see them. I was at peace and detached from outer conflicts. I would find myself sitting at the table and the most amazing smell would linger around me. Not perfume as we know it..if i was to be asked what it smelt like the only way i could describe it would be to say ..it was out of this world. First time it happened i went around smelling the rest of my house...lol...then i realised it was only where i had been sitting.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twig For This Post:

Jake (4th February 2015), Orph (21st November 2015), william r sanford72 (4th February 2015)

15. Link to Post #288
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Twig (here)
    @Jake...Forgot to add to my last post that on the odd occasion i have woken just before leaving my body and i feel total, inner body only, vibration. I myself am not shaking but everything in my skin seems to be shaking. It doesn't last long but it seems thats what happens just before i leave.

Mate i so wish i could get back to that blissful place i went to. I know what my problem is though. Even when i relax everything i still don't get to that same place. I was told it's because i want it so bad, I'm kinda pushing too hard...lol...therefore it doesn't seem to want to happen. I know that one day when i least expect it i'll be back there. The feeling though was so...Ummm..outa this world.
    Totally agree with you that meditation is the key to a whole new world...here too not just out there. When i was fully into it amazing things were happening in my life. I could and would see things that normally i would walk past and not notice. E.G. flowers that are taken for granted all of a sudden were in my face, almost as if they wanted me to see them. I was at peace and detached from outer conflicts. I would find myself sitting at the table and the most amazing smell would linger around me. Not perfume as we know it..if i was to be asked what it smelt like the only way i could describe it would be to say ..it was out of this world. First time it happened i went around smelling the rest of my house...lol...then i realised it was only where i had been sitting.
    I am grinning from ear to ear.. I have walked around sniffing for an aural smell before too... Fun times..

Meditating, and clearing your mind unlock so many natural potentials, it is baffling... So poetically simple...

"How do I change my world, and the world around me???" ... (answer) "Learn to breath and clear your mind.."

I've gone into quite a bit of detail regarding the vibrational state, or the vibratory energetic phenomenon that is precursor to OBE. Not everyone reports vibrations, but Most do.. The vibrations can range from a gentle rocking back and forth, to an intense, violent vibration,, like bieng electrocuted from head to toe... As I age, the vibration is turning into a more warm/fluidy (still very electric) sensation that seems to eminate from the same area in mee head. Robert Monroe reported the same sort of change from vibration to fluidy warmth..

There are techniques and methods that we can practice to help set the stage for OBE.. I cannot drop into trance and induce an OBE from scratch.. (sometimes I can,).. There are natural energetic conditions that come into play too...

I liken it unto fishing.. I can do all the right things,, ie,, Gather the tackle, the bait, a good fishing pole, line sinkers, an early morning, and a good spot on the lake,, etc,,,,, Sometimes,, I just don't catch anything or even get a bite.. Even though I did all the right things.. Other times,, bingo, a good solid bite, without even trying.. Sometimes I catch one, sometimes I don't,, but if I did not prepare (gather supplies, tackle, bait, etc,,) then I will NOT catch a fish....

Not a perfect analogy, but it fits.. (the fish seem to jump into mee boat without even a pole...)

A good attitude would be to LET it happen rather than try and force it.. RELAX INTO the sensations..

Funny story,, I gave my first ever OBE seminar recently... 4 days a week for 3 hours a day. It was an intensive,, meaning that we covered EVERYTHING and reeeaaaaly tried to force/focus our way to an OBE.. A week and a half into it, folks started getting frustrated. Some fun phenomenon, but no projections.. I threw my hands up and said "fine",, "Everyone take the next day off,, forget about OBE completely.. Don't read any material, don't do any energy work,, nothing! Nobody even think about OBE until we meet again.." ...

4 out of the 7 participants had a fully conscious OBE before we met again!!!

Bruce Lee would have been proud,, "Learn the form, but to BE the form, you must forget what you learned."

Thank you for your input. (You are one too!!) Lol

Jake

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Constance (28th October 2015), Orph (21st November 2015), william r sanford72 (4th February 2015)

17. Link to Post #289
    Thanks

@Jake...Thanks for your reply. Good to know that I Am One Too..

Totally agree with you, letting go is very important. I have found that when you let go the possibilities are endless.

Twig

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Twig For This Post:

Jake (8th February 2015)

19. Link to Post #290
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Hello Jake

I have just started reading your book. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I got to this bit..

"Just then I was back on the couch, vibrating out of control. Everything was familiar, the full-body-hum, and the vibrations etc."

It was so funny to read because I absolutely love that feeling !!! Sometimes, the vibrations last for ages with me and I just revel in it...
    Last edited by Constance; 28th October 2015 at 21:47. Reason: needed to add more

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Orph (21st November 2015)

21. Link to Post #291
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

I recently had a spontaneous OBE where I found myself high up in the sky.

I became consciously aware that I was having an OBE and I was very keen to experiment by leaving the Earth's atmosphere to go into outer space and have a look at Mother Earth from there.

I started to climb as high as I could and as fast as I could. However, at one point I was slam dunked immediately back into the body.

It felt like it was against my own will when this happened. It was like, what the hey???

Has anyone ever tried this before and had the same experience?

Has anyone ever been able to get out and have a look??

Gotta run out to get my son a chiropractic treatment but very keen to hear from anyone that has been able to do this and also, to find out why I was stopped.
    Last edited by Constance; 29th October 2015 at 03:21.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Jake (6th May 2017), Orph (29th October 2015)

23. Link to Post #292
    United States Avalon Member Wide-Eyed's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 times in 274 posts

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Quote Posted by Sebastion (here)
    Well Jake, methinks I will lay out the rest of my theory as this seems to be the best place for it! I thank you guys for the support, otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut, or my fingers quiet!

First of all, my first experience that started the ball rolling for me, was my initial entry point to cosmic consciousness. At one point, I was standing outside of my body watching-I was sitting down at the time-and I saw what appeared to be miniature lightening bolts entering my physical body around my head and temple area. I was simultaneously able to see and feel from inside my body, that when an electrical bolt entered my head, that it was recognized as a thought coming in! Time was slowed down, seemingly so that I could observe the entire phenomenon. I watched as the thought registered in the brain and swept thru my entire nervous system! Then the thought was categorized and placed within the brain or you could call it, the mind shelf.

It was at that moment, that I knew that thinking did not occur in the brain but rather in the area of the crown chakra or nimbus which surrounds the area above the head. I knew also that it was the neurons, neural pathways which are responsible for the receiving of thoughts from immediately outside of the head. I suspect strongly also that the neurons also send thoughts out back to that area. In other words, it's your neural networks, neurons which is the body's link up electrically with your consciousness which surrounds and permeates the physical body.

I think also that the energy field which surrounds the body complex is your consciousness itself and your entire central nervous system is wired to it via neural complexes, etc. I could be wrong but what the hay! It is all quite marvelous to see how this system works and when it is understood for what it is, the possibilities are far greater then anyone realizes. I have one more explanation to finish this off but will save it for another post.

I thank you Jake for the compliment but believe you me, I am just the same as everyone else! I continue to thank all of you for your comments on this thread!
    Brilliant! Bravo!!! Even if you were not 100% correct, I'd be willing to wager you were in the upper 99 percentile... 'Mindshelf"! I like that too.. I've been privy to witness a similar process with Memories. Though, not directly over the crown but in the energy fields that surround the body. Also I've experienced witnessing multiple energy fields flowing and pulsing and the energy follows definitive paths and directional ebbs and flows and they are all interconnected... This is the same thing, methinks,, that correspond to the vast complex of nervous system... The subtle energies are part of a 'subtle' Nervous System that are very physical... This is where we begin to rethink our understanding of what is Physical, and what is Non-physical.. If you break it down like this, even the subtle energy systems and astral body can be consider to be Physical... However, when you find yourself out of your body,, you tend to really not care what the definition of Physical is,, as the rules change... Really, physicality is a POINT OF VIEW... I was told by another projector that she witnessed the same thing as I did but she noticed that when as the energy flows became 'in tune' or 'synced up' with each other, the Chakras began to glow, not from bottom to top (like I am usually aware of) but all at the same time. This is a fascinating aspect of consciousness. And a fascinating aspect of ObE!! I haven't really gotten into the energy fields that Surround the body. For the scope of the OB study, my plan was to make sure that we covered the basics, as an in depth, philosophical discussion can lead to much unneeded confusion. But this is turning into less Philosophical,, and more Nuts and Bolts... I've noticed energy centers in the energy fields around the physical body.. I haven't locked in a location for any of them... Ha, (like an electron,,, in know that they are there, but I haven't had any luck pointing to one.. lol..) Advanced energy work techniques deal with extending awareness beyond the body and into the energy field Around the body.. Extend the focused awareness outside the body and you can start to 'feel' the energy. It is never 'still'. Always moving/spinning/circling.. (that's how I feel it,,) Subtle neural fields... Sebastion, I am all ears when you are ready to continue... This is all fascinating...

NancyV,,, Tom Campbell is one of my favorites.. I tell ya, I missed my calling.. I should have been a physicist. I understand many of the deep theoretical 'problems' within physics, and can sing them like a canary sometimes... I have the deepest respect for ANY physicist.. That is a lot of work... It's not easy approaching these more 'esoteric' subjects when you have been completely programmed to brush them aside. Tom Campbell is a SKEPTIC... Well, not so much any more,,, lol... hahahaha!!! I haven't made my way through the MY BIG TOE trilogy, but I am making my way through the first one... Tom is friggin brilliant... Wouldn't you believe that it was Robert Monroe that came into Toms life and turned it upside down?? Tom loves to talk about 'back in the day.. lol... Toms boss threw the book 'journeys out of the body' by Robert Monroe and was told to read it, and tell him what he thought.. After a couple of days, he got back with his boss and made a couple of remarks about the book but nothing too intense.. This started the ball rolling with regards Toms explosive research into consciousness.. Tom was one the original 'explorers' group, before the idea for the Monroe Institute ever came into being... When Robert Monroe verified the legitimacy of the ObE, he set himself on a journey to get to the 'science' behind it.. That's where Tom Campbell comes in! Tom and Bob mad a deal... Tom was going to share everything he knew about science and physics and help Bob get Monroe Labs off the ground,,, and Bob was going to share everything he knew with Tom, and help him to get up and out of his body, so that they could begin to experiment scientifically... And O what a match they were... I studied with Bob Felix, who was also a member of the original explorers group with Bob and Tom... What they started is carrying over into a whole new generation. Tom is still alive and kicking,, and lecturing and debating and experimenting and writing... He is very active with regards getting this information out into to a broader public arena...

Here is a vid of him talking about the early days with him and Robert Monroe...

(Hey weird, look,,, the still of the vid above shows Tom Campbell out of his body... lol...)

A great deal of his experiences with Monroe is documented in Toms first Book, MY BIG TOE...

The Wizard of Whistlefield... lol... That's what they called Bob. lol. It's particularly funny because one of the chapters in the book is called,, 'Is this guy Monroe, Nuts, or what? That is poetry!! Tom and Bob were the first of their kind with regards putting actual science to 'altered states' and 'threshold consciousness'....

When Tom verified it for himself,,, he didn't stop there. He made sure that he brought friends and family into the isolation booths so that they could learn and grow too..

Consider this account from Tom Cambell...

"One of our first experiments was for Dennis and me to take a trip (experience) in the nonphysical together. Our independent descriptions of what we were experiencing should correlate closely if the experience were real and independent of either of us. From the beginning of our training, we had learned to give real-time descriptions of whatever we experienced. A microphone was suspended from the ceiling above each of our heads. What we said was recorded on tape. Dennis and I could not hear each other because we were in separate soundproof chambers.
    Dennis and I quickly achieved the appropriate altered state, left our bodies, and met in the nonphysical as planned. It was a long adventure. We went places, saw things, had conversations with each other and with several nonphysical beings we happened to run into the long way.
    Bob had let us go a long time before he ended the session and called us back. We pulled off our EEG and GSR electrodes and stumbled out of the darkness into the hallway of the lab.
    In the control room, Bob was waiting for us. After a quick exchange, we knew that his would be a good test because we both had experienced many specific interactions. But were they the same interactions? Bob looked at us deadpan. 'So you two think you were together?' he asked, trying to sound disappointed. We looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders.
    'Maybe,' Dennis said tentatively, 'at least we perceived meeting each other.'
    'Listen to this!' Bob said emphatically. The tapes, rewound as we disconnected electrodes and climbed out of our chambers, began to roll forward. We sat down and listened. The correlation was astonishing. For almost two hours we sat there with our mouths open, hooting and exclaiming, filling in the details for each other. Bob was now grinning. 'Now that tells you something, doesn't it?' he exclaimed beaming. He was every bit as excited as we were.
    I was dumbfounded. There was only one good explanation: THIS STUFF WAS REAL! (...)
    We repeated that experiment with similar results. It wasn't a phenomenon that depended on the two of us. Nancy Lea and I shared equally astonishing joint experiences. We tried other things as well. We read three and four digit numbers written on a blackboard next to the control room. Somebody would write a random number and we would read it while our bodies lay asleep. Then they would erase it and write another one, and so on and on. We went places - to people's homes - and saw what they were doing, then called them or talked to them the next day to check it out."
    - Dr Thomas Campbell (My Big T.O.E.)

There is much more to Tom than we can cover in just a couple of posts... But that's good for now. I'll end for the night by paraphrasing Toms analogy of OBE and how he regards it.. Very important perspective, methinks...

Quote What If you lived your whole life alone in a single room with no windows, and maybe just a door. You couldn't open the door and go through it, but it is there. You've never met anyone or been outside. You didn't have a TV or radio,, just you in this single room for your whole life and that is all that you knew.. Well, let's say that one day you find a way to open the door, and you step out into your back yard... A whole new reality opens up to you that you had no idea existed. Now you can see the sky and space and trees and you can hear the dogs barking and see houses and folks mowing their lawns... You see birds and you can smell the air and a larger reality has dawned on you.... As amazing as it is,,,, It is still just your back yard.. There is more,,, much much more...

Cheers, all
    Jake.
    Good stuff - Jake great post I was just thinking about what research PA had on Bob Monroe and The Monroe Institute and wondering if it was a high probability of going to Virginia and spending the time and expense without having the profound OBE experience and not being prepared for it. Thanks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Wide-Eyed For This Post:

Jake (21st December 2015)

25. Link to Post #293
    Thanks

Wow.. It's been a while since I've posted in this thread... I'm still deciding when is a good time to put all of this together into a 'how to' manual for folks to add to their arsenal of meditative practices... I was oot'n'abooot in the early hours this morning..

I sat up in bed and guzzled some water. I lay back down and 'tickled' the 'eye trigger', and the ever-familiar twinge of energy shot from my crown, down through my body as quick as I could take a swift breath in... my most effective exit technique is to simply moooove veeeery sloooowly like I was moving my regular body.. if conditions are appropriate,, I simply step up and out of my body effortlessly... I looked around the room, waiting for my vision to adjust. As it did I realized that I was not in my house... It was dark, and I was in a clearing surrounded by trees. I had planned on visiting (xxxxxxx) to continue our experimenting,, but I decided to 'go with the flow'.. I stuck my hand into and through one of the trees feeling/tasting it's texture. There was some rusting in some bushes near me... as I moved closer, I saw clearly that it was my dog, Ricker... I startled him, I think, he backed off and growled a bit.. as soon as he recognized me, he wagged and smiled and did a wee spin and disappeared... !!! ??? Wait, what? Where did you go buddy,,, I looked around for him but he was gone. I literally said to myself. Dog-gone it... and I even giggled to myself... I remember thinking about going and visiting (xxxxxxx) but was awakened suddenly in my physical body by my physical dog who jumped on me, licking me and spinning and carrying on... My wife woke up wondering,, what the hell.... lol...

I think I had an OBE with my dog!!! He snapped out of it first,, then came and woke me up... I am still realing from it....

I'm going to use this thread as a journal for the time being...

Feel free to post your own OBE experiencees....

Cheers,
    Jake

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Blacklight43 (6th May 2017), Dennis Leahy (9th May 2017), Mike (9th May 2017), Noelle (6th May 2017), Orph (7th May 2017), william r sanford72 (9th May 2017)

27. Link to Post #294
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Wow.. It's been a while since I've posted in this thread... I'm still deciding when is a good time to put all of this together into a 'how to' manual for folks to add to their arsenal of meditative practices... I was oot'n'abooot in the early hours this morning..

I sat up in bed and guzzled some water. I lay back down and 'tickled' the 'eye trigger', and the ever-familiar twinge of energy shot from my crown, down through my body as quick as I could take a swift breath in... my most effective exit technique is to simply moooove veeeery sloooowly like I was moving my regular body.. if conditions are appropriate,, I simply step up and out of my body effortlessly... I looked around the room, waiting for my vision to adjust. As it did I realized that I was not in my house... It was dark, and I was in a clearing surrounded by trees. I had planned on visiting (xxxxxxx) to continue our experimenting,, but I decided to 'go with the flow'.. I stuck my hand into and through one of the trees feeling/tasting it's texture. There was some rusting in some bushes near me... as I moved closer, I saw clearly that it was my dog, Ricker... I startled him, I think, he backed off and growled a bit.. as soon as he recognized me, he wagged and smiled and did a wee spin and disappeared... !!! ??? Wait, what? Where did you go buddy,,, I looked around for him but he was gone. I literally said to myself. Dog-gone it... and I even giggled to myself... I remember thinking about going and visiting (xxxxxxx) but was awakened suddenly in my physical body by my physical dog who jumped on me, licking me and spinning and carrying on... My wife woke up wondering,, what the hell.... lol...

I think I had an OBE with my dog!!! He snapped out of it first,, then came and woke me up... I am still realing from it....

I'm going to use this thread as a journal for the time being...

Feel free to post your own OBE experiencees....

Cheers,
    Jake
    Your post made me smile. Getting out -- or realizing you're out -- especially after a dry spell, is exhilarating. I have had many OBEs in which I have made contact with my animal companions (a dog and cats). I never doubted that they could see or sense me. I have a cat that once followed me into an OBE, one that took me out of the local astral (real time zone). I have also found that getting up after meditating or doing relaxing breathing, whether it's to get a drink or empty the bladder, can help in exiting or phasing out of the physical.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

fourty-two (7th May 2017), Jake (6th May 2017), Mike (9th May 2017), Orph (7th May 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (6th May 2017)

29. Link to Post #295
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Hello Jake
    Recently I've said to meself that I've spent an inordinate amount of time on the political threads to the exclusion of exploring the vast continent that is Avalon. I've started looking around more, came upon your thread and was immidiately excited! It's been so long since I've thought about this. I had an OOB when I was 19 (looonnng time ago). It was a decade later that I found out there was an actual name for what happened and it wasn't "the crazy dream" that my family insisted it was. It was short and I'm sorry to be a downer but wasn't altogether positive but it was interesting and I of course never forgot.

My question to you is that in some of the literature I have read, more than once it's been said that it's easier for younger people to induce them than older people. in your experience, notwithstanding Robert Monroe who I consider an exception due to the technology he used on himself, is age a considerable factor in inducing OOBs?
    Thanks so much!

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Jake (9th May 2017), Mike (9th May 2017), Noelle (9th May 2017), Orph (7th May 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (9th May 2017)

31. Link to Post #296
    Thanks

Hello, LadyM... wow, you even speak the lingo,, 'real time zone' etc... wonderful. I've taken quite a bit of time trying to explain RTZ from my ow perspective... Robert Bruce is a friend, though I haven't contacted him in a couple of years...

If I may ask,, what is the nature of your OBEs.. are they spontanious? Do you have a degree of control over the induction... do you experience paralysis? Do you feel the vibrations? I am curious...

Helene West,, I agree.. I've wasted too much energy on what others think and say.. Time to get back to the business of personal sovereignty and personal wisdom.. to answer your question,,, No, there is nothing stopping you from projecting other than your own desires and decisions... Children DO experience the spontaneous OBE more, simply because they have not allowed belief system barriers to get in the way... not yet... It takes about 30 days of conditioning/practicing to set the stage for OBE...

I have OBEs still... mostly spontaneous, even... I have a tendency to drop into a deep trance state in moments... I had to get used to it.. I've had sleep studies to determine the health of my sleep cycles. I have Alpha State Intrusion indicating Arousal... (sounds made up to me,,, lol...) it is basicallythe opposite of Narcolepsy... I will wake to full arousal while my body is still asleep,, the exact condition we go for when attempting OBE...

What was the nature of your OBE? do you mind sharing?

Jake

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Helene West (10th May 2017), meat suit (9th May 2017), Mike (9th May 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (9th May 2017)

33. Link to Post #297
    Thanks

Hello, LadyM... wow, you even speak the lingo,, 'real time zone' etc... wonderful. I've taken quite a bit of time trying to explain RTZ from my ow perspective... Robert Bruce is a friend, though I haven't contacted him in a couple of years...

If I may ask,, what is the nature of your OBEs.. are they spontanious? Do you have a degree of control over the induction... do you experience paralysis? Do you feel the vibrations? I am curious...

Helene West,, I agree.. I've wasted too much energy on what others think and say.. Time to get back to the business of personal sovereignty and personal wisdom.. to answer your question,,, No, there is nothing stopping you from projecting other than your own desires and decisions... Children DO experience the spontaneous OBE more, simply because they have not allowed belief system barriers to get in the way... not yet... It takes about 30 days of conditioning/practicing to set the stage for OBE...

I have OBEs still... mostly spontaneous, even... I have a tendency to drop into a deep trance state in moments... I had to get used to it.. I've had sleep studies to determine the health of my sleep cycles. I have Alpha State Intrusion indicating Arousal... (sounds made up to me,,, lol...) it is basicallythe opposite of Narcolepsy... I will wake to full arousal while my body is still asleep,, the exact condition we go for when attempting OBE...

Jake
    At first, they were spontaneous. Then over a short amount of time, as I learned more about them, I was able to initiate them with relaxation breathing and super-focusing my intent (affirmations, journaling, inner dialog, etc.). I am familiar with Bruce -- I own a copy of "Astral Dynamics" -- along with Buhlman, Monroe and several other authors in this area.

I started having OBEs nearly 11 years ago. I experienced sleep paralysis a few times during the first year or two; the vibrations, on the other hand, seem to be always present before and sometimes after leaving my body. In fact, I am now aware of the vibrations almost every time I lay down to relax or sleep.

While I have done a lot of exploring and experimenting in the local astral (RTZ) and beyond, many of my experiences involve helping others -- deceased and non-deceased -- in the astral. One day soon I would like to start a thread to connect and share with others who do astral work.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Helene West (10th May 2017), Jake (9th May 2017), Orph (10th May 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (9th May 2017), william r sanford72 (9th May 2017)

35. Link to Post #298
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)

Jake
    At first, they were spontaneous. Then over a short amount of time, as I learned more about them, I was able to initiate them with relaxation breathing and super-focusing my intent (affirmations, journaling, inner dialog, etc.). I am familiar with Bruce -- I own a copy of "Astral Dynamics" -- along with Buhlman, Monroe and several other authors in this area.

I started having OBEs nearly 11 years ago. I experienced sleep paralysis a few times during the first year or two; the vibrations, on the other hand, seem to be always present before and sometimes after leaving my body. In fact, I am now aware of the vibrations almost every time I lay down to relax or sleep.

While I have done a lot of exploring and experimenting in the local astral (RTZ) and beyond, many of my experiences involve helping others -- deceased and non-deceased -- in the astral. One day soon I would like to start a thread to connect and share with others who do astral work.
    That would be awesome,, thanks for sharing.. i look forward to it. I spend too much time playing.. i like to put my hands through things, play chi ken with oncoming cars, freak out the neihbors cat,,, etc.. The RTZ portion of the experience generally phases into a more subtle, astral (spiritual) experience... I like to have a list of goals that I try and get to when I'm out.. experimenting has been kinda my thing.. I began experiencing strong energetic sensations and paralysis as early as age 4.. I didn't have fully conscious OBEs until my teenage years..

If you begin an "OBE RESCUE" sort of topic, I have a few stories to add..

Again, thanks for sharing,, see ya around...
    Jake

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Helene West (10th May 2017), Noelle (9th May 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (9th May 2017)

37. Link to Post #299
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)

Jake

That would be awesome,, thanks for sharing.. i look forward to it. I spend too much time playing.. i like to put my hands through things, play chi ken with oncoming cars, freak out the neihbors cat,,, etc.. The RTZ portion of the experience generally phases into a more subtle, astral (spiritual) experience... I like to have a list of goals that I try and get to when I'm out.. experimenting has been kinda my thing.. I began experiencing strong energetic sensations and paralysis as early as age 4.. I didn't have fully conscious OBEs until my teenage years..

If you begin an "OBE RESCUE" sort of topic, I have a few stories to add..

Again, thanks for sharing,, see ya around...
    Jake
    I do that too, stick my hands through walls and doors, lie on the floor and go through it, look in the mirror to see what I look like. These experiences are so short, and I often don't leave my home because I am too busy playing around. When I'm back, I kick myself for wasting the experience on those things. I'll try to get the Astral Work/Rescue thread going before the week ends. I can't wait to hear some of your rescue stories.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Helene West (10th May 2017), Jake (9th May 2017), Ron Mauer Sr (9th May 2017)

39. Link to Post #300
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

I am wondering about the potential benefits of OBE.

With directed intention, can one typically have conscious and clear two way communication with one's HS and get many questions answered from a trusted source, free from manipulation?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Helene West (10th May 2017), Jake (10th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 5 15 19 LastLast