+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 3 13 19 LastLast

Thread: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,430 times in 5,646 posts

Default Re: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

John Mack mentions Carlos story about being taken aboard the UFO seeing ETs with their light bodies and himself changed. This intrigues me with a possibility that perhaps we can learn although telepathy and OBE seems foreign to me. The entities that visit dont appear to have bodies that are solid at times, perhaps a way to help connect/move/understand is a goal on my end.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

aranuk (18th September 2014), Jake (18th September 2014), NancyV (18th September 2014), Sebastion (18th September 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

Default Re: The Out-of-Body-Experience. A Place Where Science and Spirituality Meet.

Hey Jake, sign me up! I'm ready for some adventure/exploration!
    Really this is a fascinating thread and I'm glad to have you lead the way.

Thanks!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

annacherie (19th September 2014), Jake (18th September 2014), mojo (18th September 2014), NancyV (18th September 2014), Sebastion (18th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), Wind (18th September 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

Thanks Jake, I haven't experienced the vibrational state. Bob Monro described that if I remember correctly did he not? I liked your advice of grab your balls and go! Is that a golfing term? I appreciated your Scottish "oot an aboot" that was braw! Did you do that in sympathy with me voting YES at the referendum tomorrow? I don't want to change the subject here but I wondered if David Icke would be supporting the YES voters who wish Scottish independence from Westminster.
    happy OBE's to everyone!

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

animovado (18th September 2014), gripreaper (18th September 2014), heyokah (18th September 2014), Jake (18th September 2014), mojo (18th September 2014), NancyV (18th September 2014), Omni (18th September 2014), Sebastion (18th September 2014)

7. Link to Post #44
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Hi Jake, thank you for sharing

I feel drawn to this thread, but also a little frightened...one of the things that I am not so publicly open about, are things like this...and I have closed myself off somewhat to this astral traveling...I used to do it while awake, it just happened naturally...then I had some intense experiences, and it just didn't feel safe to anymore...it does happen at night while asleep sometimes, and my memory of sleep time is not very good in the last several months...

Something in me feels sad that I (and something else?) blocked myself...I also have a fear of the dark, and have been traumatized...you and some others seem a lot stronger than me in this way...I wish I could heal it, at least partially...it's not that important to me to astral travel, or even to be "psychic", I'd rather feel safe (enough)...it would be nice to see my soul family/home and consciously remember it...

8. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    I appreciated your Scottish "oot an aboot" that was braw! Did you do that in sympathy with me voting YES at the referendum tomorrow? I don't want to change the subject here but I wondered if David Icke would be supporting the YES voters who wish Scottish independence from Westminster.

Stan
    I support you Stan. Good luck.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

aranuk (18th September 2014), Jake (18th September 2014), NancyV (18th September 2014), Sebastion (18th September 2014)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by Rahkyt (here)
    Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Simple energy work is like basic exercise for the physical body,, nothing too extreme, just stimulation of a healthy energy body... It will (among other things) increase memory recall.
    Hi Jake!

I look forward to you speaking more directly upon this aspect, as with all else. I've been nudged toward taking a more active participatory stance in my own conscious development recently by sources within and the above quote spoke to me, as did many others in this thread. Thank you for bringing this topic to the table and thank you also to all of the beautiful souls that are participating for sharing your experiences.

So much in this thread already, but I am gratified to bear witness to these testimonies folks are sharing.

We all come to it individually through the course of a lifetime, it seems. I guess I also am a "natural projector" as you call it, as it has been a large part of my life since my youngest years. My first memories of sleep paralysis are around from the ages of 8 or 9. I experienced constant projections, it was terrifying. I learned to fight it early and fight it I did, tenaciously. It did not fit into the Christian worldview I'd been raised in. At 12, knowing that I was about to raise a topic that had to be worded just right, I asked my mother a very general question about if it were possible for a soul to leave the body and she told me that demons would enter if your soul left.

My sleeping life all during my teens and early 20s was a battleground, insomnia was my weapon. In fact, my sleeping positions up until about 2 years ago now, were patterned specifically to be in the best physical position to fight the vibrations; on my side, an arm placed just so, so that it could be moved, head tilted just so the pillow couldn't cover the face, nose, making certain to NEVER sleep on my stomach or at any angle that could lead to me slumping over and being caught by the vibrations.

Wasn't until my early 20s that I found Robert Monroe's book, "Journeys Out of the Body", back in the late 80s. Contrary to all of the Experiencers I read here it seems, after undergoing a quick succession of terrifying projections, I stopped experimenting consciously and as I've aged, the frequency with which I enter the state has diminished. But, also like others, having these experiences that no one else seemed to have - intersected by more, deeper and intense experience of Source in my early teens, my early 20s and two years ago, early-mid 40s - I kept quiet about them for the most part, only sharing with the closest of friends or lovers. Back in those days, all of this was beyond fringe, although steadily approaching the mainstream.

As I've not really gone too far into the study of the phenomenon beyond Monroe's classic, I appreciate the resources that you are sharing with us! I am sure we will all become experts as the thread rolls along.

In that vein, I would like to ask a question to all, about one of my experiences, and anybody's input is welcomed: EXPERIENCE: Using Monroes technique of instigating and controlling the vibratory stage upon achieving the earthquake vibe state lol there was separation, but in so separating, I was suddenly upon a coral reef. A beautiful, sunny day, approximately 15 feet under water. I had 360 degree perception. A school of orange and blue fish nearby swerved to go around me rather than through, their movement unhurried and serene. I was there for perhaps a few seconds because the utter vividity of the experience was waking-life clear. I was not elsewhere, I was there. An actual, physical place. And then I was back in bed, shooting up to a sitting position, gasping for breath and sweating as if my body had accompanied me through wherever I traveled thru to wherever I went. Since then, other experiences have occurred upon obviously other planes of existence, but the intensity of this particular experience was mind-boggling. QUESTION: Have others experienced this type of specificity of geographic pinpointing?

I have no idea why in the world I would have been drawn to a specific place near a coral reef that way, I was living in Germany at the time and have never been to the type of tropical environment I went to that night.

So much to talk about and with such knowledgeable souls. The journey begins. It is good to be in y'alls company and I look forward to the progression of the thread.
    Hello Rahkyt!! Thank you for joining in.. I spent a little over a decade trying to make them STOP. The vibrational state is a visceral, intense vibratory sensation that marks the point of separation of the second body (monroes term) and the physical body. Knowing what is going on, only makes things a bit less scary, as the intensity of the vibrations does not decrease... (NOT knowing what they are is twice as bad.) I had them as young as 4 years old. They always went hand in hand with sleep paralysis, a state which Muldoon called Astral Catalepsy. When you move away from your physical body, the vibrations are still there, but they have subsided, as there is no 'friction of frequency'. (let me explain that.)

Friction of Frequency (the clashing of different vibratory rates) may be a good term for why we vibrate. Let's say that I am tuning my guitar by ear. As I turn the key to make a string shorter, (so as to raise it to the correct tone/frequency) there will be a 'harmonic' vibration (not either of the strings that are playing) but a vibration that 'quickens' or 'slows' based on how far out of tune one string is to another. (much easier to demonstrate than to explain.) I liken the vibrational state unto the vibrating patterns of the first and second bodies, being slightly out of phase with each other, and the result is different levels of vibrations that are experienced directly. The vibrational state decreases in intensity as we get older, but that does not mean that they are not there.

Sylvan Muldoons OBEs began to happen spontaneously after about a year of fighting with the 'vibrations. Same with Robert Monroe. Monroe was experimenting with isolated frequencies through headphones (as he was a successful business man and audio engineer.) He didn't put two and two together for a few years, but all of the sudden he began experiencing the intense vibrations. As a scientific thinker,, he documented and experimented. He went through about a year dealing with the vibrations. Until his hand went through the floor during an episode of vibrations. His first ObE is in the following vid,, This kind of projection is referred to as a 'false awakening',, meaning that he thought he was awake, in fact he thought he had fallen out of bed...

My first fully conscious ObE was a false awakening, while trying to escape the vibrations too... After (what seemed a lifetime) of trying to stop or escape the vibrations, I was finally able to sense them coming and get up off the couch before they hit... (or so I thought,,, consider the following,,, It is my first fully conscious OBE...)

Quote From The Book of Jacob

It was the winter of my senior year in high school. I had just turned 17 that September. I was taking a nap on the couch. It was about 2:00 in the afternoon on a Saturday. I remember that it was a nice day outside. Dad was on the back patio grilling food on the BBQ. The television was on but the volume was turned all of the way down. I was lying face down on the couch with my head buried in a pillow. I do not know how long I had been napping, when I first sensed the vibrations coming. Actually it was just the solar-plexus pulse, I had not yet felt any vibrations. My eyes popped open and I shot up off of the couch as fast as I could. My whole lives goal was to be able to stop it. I have never been able to get up before the vibrations set in, but I did this time. I couldn’t believe it. I could still feel an electrical hum, really weak. Other than that I felt great. No vibrations and I was able to get up and ruin the whole thing. I ran into the dining room to tell my friend, Lee. He was much older, and had the same type of paralysis events too. I ran in to tell him what had just happened, but he was on the phone. I tried to get his attention, but he was talking to his bank about a bank receipt or something and he did not want to talk to me right then. Fine!I knew my mom would be interested. I looked out where dad was grilling, but she was not out there. As I passed by Lee again, I looked on the ground by the desk and saw the paper that he was looking for, and started pointing at it as I went by. He was still ignoring me. I got about half way down the hallway on my way to the back bedrooms when I realized something was very wrong. I could still feel the dull hum. Worst yet I was suddenly hit with a large wave of excitement that usually came before the vibrations set in. I stopped in the middle of the hallway to make sure that I didn’t fall over. All of the sudden I became aware of the vibrations. It’s not like they hit me. It is more like I became aware of them. It was very strange to become aware of these sensations in the middle of walking down the hall. The vibrations became fairly strong, but I could still move just fine. Right about then, I noticed that my hand had somehow slipped through the wall. I was leaning against it, trying not to fall over. My heart started racing. What the hell is going on? As I looked down the hallway, I started to rise slowly off of the ground, very slowly, but enough to scare the hell out of me. I tried to grab onto the wall and push my way down the hall. I remember I was yelling for help. I knew that my mom was just few feet away, but she could not hear me. I was able to guide myself down the hallway. I seemed to float like a helium balloon. I could not move very fast. I was starting to panic!I finally got to where my mom was. She had a bunch of towels in her hands that she had just folded and walked right past me and didn’t even notice me. She spun me around as she passed me as if I was lighter than air. She still could not hear me. She was down stairs and out of sight in no time. Damn it!That is when the vibrations got really, really strong, and I noticed that they seemed to be coming from the center of my brain. As soon as I tried to put my hands on my head, I realized that I could not move. The vibrations kept getting more intense and I thought that I was dieing. My body floated slowly to a horizontal position somewhere toward the ceiling of the hallway. Things started to ‘fade’ out. Just then I was back on the couch, vibrating out of control. Everything was familiar, the full-body-hum, and the vibrations etc. everything was how I remembered this strange paralysis state to be except one thing. As I lay there I realized that I was not afraid. I did not have the burning fear layer. It was not there!The vibrations continued. I also realized that the menacing entity that had been my companion throughout these events was gone. There was nobody in my mind except for me. For the first time, I did not think that I was going to die before the vibrations stopped. I actually had a minute to lie there and think about what was happening for once. The vibrations subsided quickly, and I could move in a few moments.

From this experience on,,,,, it was GAME ON!!!!!! And my manymany ObEs began. (Much the same as Muldoon and Monroe)

Much of the 'strobing' and 'pulsing' that come from different Primary Energy Centers (chakra) are a single 'vib' from a specific center. Again, energy levels and misalignment causing augmentations in our OBE experiences....

Many advanced projectors never really have to do battle with the vibrational state. In fact,, I've had folks literally roll their eyes and smack their foreheads with the mere MENTION of the vibrational state... Folks who have claimed to be highly adept and mature!!!! (There's quite a bit of that, actually.)

For those of us who DO experience the vibrations... We can use it as a tool for projection by transcending the fear, and triggering them at will... When I get into the Monroe methodology,,, I will point out that the vibrations have always been key to Monroes ObEs...

Rak,,, as for the spontaneous ObE to the coral reef!!! That blew me away,,, WoW!!! Many, Many Many times I found myself out of body and in places that I had no idea where I was. 360 degree vision is not reported by ALL projectors, but is definitely (by some) associated with a 'brow center' exit.. The 'brow' center is the '3rd eye' of traditional thinking. It is associated with 'vision' and 'light', and robust 'visual' experience. (the 'exit' can be associated with a specific energy center, depending on different factors.) I can have a 'crown' center exit too, which will be more profound and 'informational',, than with the robust visuals of a 'brow' center exit... Also,, many times, I will 'wake into an ObE that is already in progress'.. (The Incredible Mind Split..) Robert Bruce has much to say about it.

I foresee a future where nobody has to struggle through a lifetime of fear and doubt regarding the Vibrations... Nobody is equipped to help us through it,,, not Religion, not Science, not Medicine, not Government,,, because we have not yet succeeded in laying the groundwork for bringing this to the 'world' stage... (I personally believe that it is deliberately being kept under wraps by tptb) I also foresee the 'joy of discovery' being (once again) embraced by those advanced projectors who 'sit on high and cast stones'....

We will get into proper energy work and vibration induction work, and sensitivity training as we go along.

Thank you for being here, Rak.... My intention is to light a fire under the arsses of the lazies and the sleepies... (terms for folks who can project, but don't know it. I've seen vast fields of them whilst out of body..)

Love to all,
    Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

11. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

alexandra (21st September 2014), aranuk (21st September 2014), Aurora1 (11th November 2014), Mark (23rd September 2014), mojo (18th September 2014), NancyV (18th September 2014), Nangpa (27th August 2017), Orph (20th September 2014), Reinhard (20th September 2014), rgray222 (19th September 2014), Rollo (22nd September 2014), Sebastion (18th September 2014), Sidney (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), Walter (26th December 2014), WHOMADEGOD (20th September 2014), william r sanford72 (25th September 2014), Wind (18th September 2014), Zaya (18th September 2014)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Exciting thread! Thanks Jake. I've had two unusual experiences that may have been OBE in nature. Both times all normal thought ceased and I became aware of an infinite space. In the middle of this vast expanse I experienced an anxiety, and a fear that I would not be able to "get back". The idea of not getting back intimates that I may have been elsewhere.

And the vibrations! So glad to read of other's experiences with this phenomenon. While undergoing a Delores Cannon past life regression session my mid-section (solar plexus!) commenced to vibrate intensely. It radiated to my arms and hands. Concerned, I asked the hypnotist if she had me on a vibrating bed. She assured me she had not. After the session, as she was processing my payment I snuck a peek under the bed to make sure. Nope. Have not had the sensation again.

I read about a silver thread and a golden bowl in various books about spirit, OBEs, etc. I would surmise the thread is a connection between our spirit Higher Self and our physical body. What would the golden bowl represent? Thanks.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Jake (18th September 2014), NancyV (18th September 2014), rgray222 (19th September 2014), Sebastion (18th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), Wind (18th September 2014), Zaya (18th September 2014)

14. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member annacherie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zaya (here)
    I have gotten close to spontaneous OBE twice in my sleep, but both times my cat has pounced on me. I assume it is because he is very afraid for me when he can see my energy going all nuts.

However, he's not the only one scared. The first time it happened, I was in (what I now know to be) sleep paralysis. I opened my eyes laying on my back in bed (which I NEVER sleep in this position, so it was totally a fluke), and a man with long red dreads was staring deeply into my eyes standing beside me in bed. He had a hand on my knee. I could even feel it. Not knowing what any of this was, I thought I had a home invader. However, he stood quite still, just staring at me. I was in quite a panic, and reached for my other cat who was sleeping on me, and snapped out of it. I looked around, and noticed that i was missing a cat (and he is usually right up next to me when I sleep). I went into the living room to find him (mostly because I was scared and wanted the comfort). He was on top of a piece of furniture, back arched, hissing. (He never hisses. Ever.) I turned on a light, and he ran behind the couch with his tail fluffed out. I called his name, and he quickly came back to me.

Another time, I was lucid dreaming and actually attempting to go OBE. The process was well on its way, and I was floating upwards, but the same cat pounced on me and woke me up.

Since then, I have been too afraid to try anything. Plus, I never was "trying" to begin with. Both of those times I was sleeping on my back, which I find extremely uncomfortable and I normally cannot fall asleep that way. I am a stomach sleeper. I have always heard you need to be on your back for these things to work. Do you think that if I want to actually TRY to go OBE, that I will have to learn to sleep on my back? I worry that will hold me back quite a bit.

Thanks for this awesome thread!
    I'm so glad you bring the subject of pets into this conversation. I'm able to achieve deep states of relaxation w/ my cat too and hate to shut her out ofthe room but am concerned about interruptions - so far she hasn't stopped any progression - i get into a rocking state and she seems to hang out on my chest and go with but I haven't gone further with her yet -would sure love her company on the obe journey!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to annacherie For This Post:

Jake (18th September 2014), rgray222 (20th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), Zaya (18th September 2014)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    John Mack mentions Carlos story about being taken aboard the UFO seeing ETs with their light bodies and himself changed. This intrigues me with a possibility that perhaps we can learn although telepathy and OBE seems foreign to me. The entities that visit dont appear to have bodies that are solid at times, perhaps a way to help connect/move/understand is a goal on my end.
    Lots and lots of implications between OBE tech, and ET's. Many 'crafts' have been considered by experiencers to 'have consciousness'. Many of the alien 'doll' figures seem to have consciousness, but they are clearly bio-tech. Ever seen Avatar? Getting out of body and txfering consciousness into another 'doll' body is just around the corner...

Consider this... http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0003832

Ownership of a body other than one's own

Experiment # 1.

The aim of the first experiment was to demonstrate that it is possible to elicit the illusion of ownership of an entire body. The experimental manipulation consisted of seeing a body other than oneself from the first person perspective whilst being subjected to synchronised visual and tactile stimulation. We used a life-sized mannequin, rather than another person's body, to exclude mismatches between small involuntary movements (e.g. breathing). To provide the first-person visual perspective of the other body, we developed the following set-up: Two CCTV cameras were positioned on a male mannequin such that each recorded events from the position corresponding to one of the mannequin's eyes. A set of head mounted displays (HMD) connected to the cameras was worn by the participants, and connected in such a way that the images from the left and right video cameras were presented on the left and right eye displays, respectively, providing a true stereoscopic image. Participants were asked to tilt their heads downwards as if looking down at their bodies. Thus, the participants saw the mannequin's body where they expected to see their own (Figure 1).

Figure 1. Set-up.

Experimental set-up to induce illusory ownership of an artificial body (left panel). The participant could see the mannequin's body from the perspective of the mannequin's head (right panel).
    doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0003832.g001
    We used a short rod to repetitively stroke the participant's abdomen, which was out of view, in synchrony with identical strokes being applied to the mannequin's abdomen in full view of the participant. As a control condition, we employed asynchronous touches to the real and artificial abdomens (carefully matching the total number and length of the strokes). After two minutes of stimulation, the participants were asked to complete a questionnaire on which they had to affirm or deny seven possible perceptual effects using a seven-point Likert scale. Three statements were designed to capture the illusory experience of being the artificial body, and the other four served as controls for suggestibility and task-compliance (Figure 2). From the completed questionnaires it was evident that the participants had felt the mannequin's body to be their own body, and that they sensed the touch of the rod directly on the mannequin's abdomen in the synchronous condition (p = .000, F(1, 223) = 125.434, ANOVA). No such illusory perceptions were reported in the asynchronous control condition (p = .703, F(1, 223) = 1.513, ANOVA). The responses to the three questions, which addressed the illusory perception of owning the new body, differed significantly between the two conditions (p = .000, F(1, 95) = 107.508, GLM for repeated measurements) (Figure 2).

Figure 2. Questionnaire evidence for perceiving a mannequin's body as one's own.

The questionnaire consisted of the seven statements (S1–S7). S1–S3 referred to the illusion and S4–S7 served as controls. Participants indicated their responses on a seven-step scale ranging from ‘agree strongly’ (+3) to ‘disagree strongly’ (−3). The high rating scores on the illusion statements that were observed only in the synchronous condition revealed that the participants experienced the illusion. The bars represent mean values and the error bars indicate standard errors. For details see Results and Methods.
    doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0003832.g002

Now consider this: VR Drones. How about getting out of body, and controlling a drone craft...

Quote it makes for an incredible out-of-body sensation and the featherweight drone emerged unharmed.
    Now, finally,,, consider these technologies coupled with THIS technology,,,,

If we outfit the 'dummies' (dolls) with the right sensors and reactive technology, we can get folks out of their bodies and into the 'dolls', in a way that the 'dolls' can be controlled by the OBE. Also, aircraft can be controlled via OBE. We could have a team of projectors controlling bodies aboard crafts, and they will be considered to have consciousness...

Starting to sound familiar??

It is just around the corner.

Again, study into the implications of the OBE are going to become paramount, especially concerning Technology, and ESPECIALLY concerning meeting Science with Spirituality...

We can take ET home?? Sound familiar???

There are so many implications with the OBE and ET's, their Tech, and our experience of them, that I wouldn't know where to start!!!

I may start another thread regarding this topic. But not right now...

Jake.

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    I read about a silver thread and a golden bowl in various books about spirit, OBEs, etc. I would surmise the thread is a connection between our spirit Higher Self and our physical body. What would the golden bowl represent? Thanks.
    Ecclesiastes 12:6 "Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is crushed, the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed; "

Zecharia 4:2 "He asked me, "What do you see?" I answered, "I see a solid gold lampstand with a bowl at the top and seven lamps on it, with seven channels to the lamps."

The Silver Cord is the connection between subtle bodies, and the physical body.
    The Golden Bowl is the Energy Body (energetic system that stays with the physical at all times.) The Primary Energy Centers (chakras) and their and their channels.. Not to be confused with the Astral body,, or the Second body...

Love to all
    Jake.
    Last edited by Jake; 18th September 2014 at 19:43.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

alexandra (21st September 2014), conk (19th September 2014), Mark (23rd September 2014), NancyV (20th September 2014), Reinhard (24th September 2014), rgray222 (20th September 2014), Sidney (19th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), WHOMADEGOD (20th September 2014), william r sanford72 (25th September 2014)

18. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 times in 310 posts

Quote Posted by annacherie (here)
    I'm so glad you bring the subject of pets into this conversation. I'm able to achieve deep states of relaxation w/ my cat too and hate to shut her out ofthe room but am concerned about interruptions - so far she hasn't stopped any progression - i get into a rocking state and she seems to hang out on my chest and go with but I haven't gone further with her yet -would sure love her company on the obe journey!
    Wow lucky you! You have a pet that won't take you out of it haha. It's funny how pets are about these things. I have two cats, and one of them could care less if I am vibrating all over, beings are in my room, or I am leaving my body. Either that, or he really cannot tell. The other one, however, seems to think he is my little guardian and he notices EVERYTHING. I must say, when he does that thing cats do and stares off into space wide eyed, I actually get a little creeped out lol. I think he sees stuff that I do not. He certainly saw the being in my room, and it scared him pretty badly. I hate to lock him out at night though, since he is a cuddler.
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

annacherie (18th September 2014), Jake (18th September 2014), NancyV (20th September 2014), Orph (20th September 2014), Reinhard (24th September 2014), rgray222 (20th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), Wind (18th September 2014)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

A musical interlude,,, and a short vid I made a couple of years ago regarding the OBE...

visualize your dreams, record them in the present tense. If you persist in your efforts,, you will achieve dream control, dream control dream control,,,, help me...

I made this vid a couple of years ago,, it is some of my favorite speakers, referring to the ObE...

BTW,, Zaya, and annacherie,,,, Robert Monroe had a cat that was always very aware of him while he was out of body...

Jake.
    Last edited by Jake; 18th September 2014 at 21:31.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

annacherie (18th September 2014), mab777 (22nd September 2020), Mark (23rd September 2014), NancyV (19th September 2014), Reinhard (24th September 2014), rgray222 (19th September 2014), RichD (20th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), Skyhaven (19th September 2014), Ulyse30 (21st September 2014), WHOMADEGOD (20th September 2014), william r sanford72 (25th September 2014), Zaya (19th September 2014)

22. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Sebastion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 times in 640 posts

Before we get to far into this thread, I would like to add a very good if not an excellent reason for attempting to induce an obe. Methinks one of the most important reasons for doing so is the goal, as it were, to establish oneself initially as a sovereign spirit being once and for all. If your intent is pure in that regard and you have the will to back it up, you have/will create a powerful purpose for yourself. Let me say that, who has anymore right to "know" than yourself! You owe it to yourself to "know".

I would like to add also, concerning the dark side/evil, what I feel is very important for you to know up front. One must/need to at least acknowledge the existence of the dark/evil side but acknowledge with even greater enthusiasm, that it has no power over you. This is important to understand and take it deeply within yourself. It will help you immensely to step into your own power as a sovereign spirit. If you fear the dark/evil forces/whatever, you are giving your power away to that. Stand in your own power as a spirit being and remember nothing has any power/authority over you except the power that you give it. Just thought I would get this stuff in here real quick!
    Last edited by Sebastion; 18th September 2014 at 22:38.

23. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

alexandra (21st September 2014), annacherie (18th September 2014), Aurora1 (11th November 2014), conk (19th September 2014), Jake (19th September 2014), Joe Sustaire (19th September 2014), Mark (23rd September 2014), NancyV (19th September 2014), Orph (20th September 2014), Reinhard (24th September 2014), rgray222 (20th September 2014), RichD (20th September 2014), Rollo (22nd September 2014), seeker/reader (21st September 2014), Sidney (19th September 2014), william r sanford72 (25th September 2014), Wind (18th September 2014), Zaya (19th September 2014)

24. Link to Post #53
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This thread touched a trigger in me...(and in others)...in the process...
    (wise and loving for Jake not to reply cause he knew that I would come to it myself, could feel the faith )
    when I'm ready...and in the right place...I will make some "efforts"
    so I will be watching

and guys, it can be exciting! and fun...
    I used to have fun little adventures,
    go walkies, "giggle" and flysies...
    good to remember the good times, too

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)
    (wise and loving for Jake not to reply cause he knew that I would come to it myself, could feel the faith )
    so I will be watching

Amethyst, you are a gem! I am thrilled that you will be watching.... I will be watching you watching... mwwooooohhooooohooooo mwaaaaaahaaahaaaaaa!!!

Kidding, of course. Your efforts will not be in vein. Whenever you are ready, jump right in,,, (or out) depending...

Love to you, dear Amethyst...
    Jake.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Natalia (19th September 2014), Reinhard (24th September 2014), WHOMADEGOD (20th September 2014)

27. Link to Post #55
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Quote Posted by Amethyst (here)
    so I will be watching

Amethyst, you are a gem! I am thrilled that you will be watching.... I will be watching you watching... mwwooooohhooooohooooo mwaaaaaahaaahaaaaaa!!!

Kidding, of course. Your efforts will not be in vein. Whenever you are ready, jump right in,,, (or out) depending...

Love to you, dear Amethyst...
    Jake.
    Lol

Thanks for your support, Jake.

Love and (((hugs)))

Amethyst

28. Link to Post #56
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

Hi Jake
    Quote Waking consciousness to be held, even unto varying levels of sleep
    I would like to touch on the concept of consciousness, it is important to me and I hope others.

Without question, conscious awareness is the most astounding and most intriguing aspect of the human experience. It’s what makes us the unique, self-reflective creatures that we are. Consciousness allows us to experience and react to our environment in a self-directed way. Each one of us has our own private thoughts, feelings, opinions, and preferences and these abilities allow us to figure out the world. These feelings are at the core of our consciousness, they make us who we are. In my opinion most scientist have been working under the misguided and mistaken belief that brain function equates to consciousness. In my view nothing could be further from the truth.

Quote Again, this is going to take the power out of the hands of ‘science’, and put it back into our own hands, and this is not preferred within the great halls of Sciencedom…
    Consciousness is so poorly understood and it is the last largest outstanding obstacle to understanding the universe. As sciencedom (love your word) grapples with the concept of consciousness we are reading theories that are either insane or border on the insane. So we have reached a point where science is at a stalemate and we must go it alone. Many of us have already left science behind (on this issue) to contend with what they can't see or prove. Science will have an aha moment but it may be a hell of a long way down the road.

The concept of consciousness is an easy notion to get, why............because we all have it.

Our senses - smell, hear touch, taste and feel feeds information to our brains for processing which is then given to our Higher Self. Once the data has been turned over to our HS we apply one last magical step that no computer (or brain) on earth is capable of performing....................a gut feel, a hunch, intuition. It is a sensation that appears quickly in our consciousness, it is noticeable enough to be acted upon. Most people are not even fully aware of what it is happening. This creates a very odd paradox because everyone knows they have intuition but few "really" trust it. Intuition is the sense of the soul, exactly like our 5 senses belonging to the body.

People are waiting for religion, education, government, medicine and especially science to tell us what we already know. Consciousness is very much real and resides in each one of us. Waiting for someone else to tell you what you already know is a huge mistake in the development and enlightenment of the human race.

Understanding our consciousness does not just have academic or philosophical implications. Once enough people understand we can then use our "collective consciousness" to move away from a materialist worldview to solve some of the crises facing humanity - social as well as economic.

This seems like such a long way to go to make one point, which is...........once your understand your consciousness you then have the ability to separate it from your physical being to achieve an out of body experience. Understanding that you are a spiritual being and a physical being allows you to achieve separation. Hope this makes sense.
    Richard
    Last edited by rgray222; 19th September 2014 at 20:33.

29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

annacherie (20th September 2014), camper (25th September 2014), conk (19th September 2014), Jake (20th September 2014), Mark (23rd September 2014), NancyV (20th September 2014), Orph (20th September 2014), Reinhard (25th September 2014), RichD (20th September 2014), Rollo (22nd September 2014), Sebastion (19th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), Ulyse30 (21st September 2014), william r sanford72 (25th September 2014), Wind (20th September 2014)

30. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member Sebastion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,066 times in 640 posts

Rgray, excellent post and I couldn't agree more! Looking back many years ago, I didn't have any access to information that is prevalent today. Computers were not out and the internet was yet years away. Looking back, methinks that I was fortunate in that respect as it forced me to find my own devices. My passion to know in those days had no limits and I resolved that I would somehow find a way to learn what I was so passionate to know about.

My only recourse was to begin re-learning how to leave my body by astral travel, something I had dropped and tried to dismiss much earlier. I dropped it, dismissed and ignored it around the age of 10-12 yrs. old. I found out very quickly that I was "different" from my peers-other children-and I certainly didn't want to be viewed or shunned as being "odd". So I shut my mouth and tried to bury it.

Awareness/consciousness is truly a many splendered thing and there is so much to learn, not only about yourself but of all things. I learned long ago, that for all I had learned up to that point, in actuality, I knew nothing! It is truly an awesome subject!

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    Hi Jake
    Quote Waking consciousness to be held, even unto varying levels of sleep
    I would like to touch on the concept of consciousness, it is important to me and I hope others.

Without question, conscious awareness is the most astounding and most intriguing aspect of the human experience. It’s what makes us the unique, self-reflective creatures that we are. Consciousness allows us to experience and react to our environment in a self-directed way. Each one of us has our own private thoughts, feelings, opinions, and preferences and these abilities allow us to figure out the world. These feelings are at the core of our consciousness, they make us who we are. In my opinion most scientist have been working under the misguided and mistaken belief that brain function equates to consciousness. In my view nothing could be further from the truth.

Quote Again, this is going to take the power out of the hands of ‘science’, and put it back into our own hands, and this is not preferred within the great halls of Sciencedom…
    Consciousness is so poorly understood and it is the last largest outstanding obstacle to understanding the universe. As sciencedom (love your word) grapples with the concept of consciousness we are reading theories that are either insane or border on the insane. So we have reached a point where science is at a stalemate and we must go it alone. Many of us have already left science behind (on this issue) to contend with what they can't see or prove. Science will have an aha moment but it may be a hell of a long way down the road.

The concept of consciousness is and easy notion to get, why............because we all have it.

Our senses - smell, hear touch, taste and feel feeds information to our brains for processing which is then given to our Higher Self. Once the data has been turned over to our HS we apply one last magical step that no computer (or brain) on earth is capable of performing....................a gut feel, a hunch, intuition. It is a sensation that appears quickly in our consciousness, it is noticeable enough to be acted upon. Most people are not even fully aware of what it is happening. It is a very odd paradox because everyone knows they have intuition but few "really" trust it. Intuition is the sense of the soul, exactly like our 5 senses belonging to the body.

People are waiting for religion, education, government, medicine and especially science to tell us what we already know. Consciousness is very much real and resides in each one of us. Waiting for someone else to tell you what you already know is a huge mistake in the development and enlightenment of the human race.

Understanding our consciousness does not just have academic or philosophical implications. Once enough understand we can then use our "collective consciousness" to move away from a materialist worldview to solve some of the crises facing humanity - social as well as economic.

This seems like such a long way to go to make one point, which is...........once your understand your consciousness you then have the ability to separate it from your physical being to achieve an out of body experience. Understanding that you are a spiritual being and a physical being allows you to achieve separation. Hope this makes sense.
    Richard

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sebastion For This Post:

annacherie (20th September 2014), Mark (23rd September 2014), NancyV (20th September 2014), Orph (20th September 2014), Reinhard (25th September 2014), rgray222 (19th September 2014), RichD (20th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), Ulyse30 (21st September 2014), Wind (20th September 2014)

32. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

I am so very happy that I have such amazing people to work with here... Clearly, we have some expertise here. I am delighted...

I have to stop right here and remind everyone that is easing into this that this is some very powerful stuff.. You may read about a topic or an experience and it may trigger memories of dreams and other astral experiences. Sebastian said in an earlier post that we have to remember to stand in our own power.. There IS no greater soul than your own,, you DO have control of your experience, and it may take some hard knocks to realize it. I know that it did (does) for me.. Fear is the greatest barrier when it comes to the OBE. Standing in the face of the burning/raw fear will only become one of your greatest triumphs. You will see! The vibrations cannot hurt you.. There ARE precautions that can be taken to avoid many of the negative pitfalls that can occur in the astral...

Dear Amethyst,, you are going to take the reigns,, we are going to help you!! Fear is a barrier that can be passed through... Look forward to the amazing and wonderful astral experiences,, because they are coming!! There are some nosy bastards out there that love to take advantage of our fears, especially if we are laying in our beds, vibrating out of control... If you can 'put yourself in a different place', personally, with some honest healing/feeling,, then your experiences will reflect that...

You have some amazing and fun stuff ahead, Natalie....
    Love to you
    Jake.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

annacherie (20th September 2014), Mark (23rd September 2014), NancyV (20th September 2014), Natalia (20th September 2014), Reinhard (25th September 2014), RichD (20th September 2014), Sebastion (20th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), WHOMADEGOD (20th September 2014), Wind (20th September 2014)

34. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Methedology and Research Cont...

Before I get into a detailed study of Robert Monroe,, I have to include a couple of references, and I have to say a bit about Charles Tart, and his experiments.

Sylvan Muldoons book, The Projection of the Astral Body,, caught the attention of psychologists, parapsychologists, paranormal researchers and it prompted a detailed study into the OBE based on Muldoons claims. It can be found here... A Study of the features of the Out-of-body-experiences in relation to Sylvan Muldoon's Claims. It is a detailed study into specific characteristics of Muldoon's experiences. For example, special attention is paid to the 'distance away from the physical body', in relation to mental clarity and functionality (navigation) in the astral environment. They made specific predictions based on a study of the book, and were relatively correct, considering the unconventional nature of the study... They were also careful to consider the frequency of which folks will have ObEs compared to the methods of induction. I haven't yet been able to hunt down a copy of the 16 page questionnaire that was used to screen applicants for the study, but based on the resulting data, I'd say that it was quite extensive.. Clearly a different way of thinking about the ObE was sweeping through certain (softer) scientific communities. This was a good thing...

Another man who has made priceless contributions into the study of psychology, parapsychology with specific regards the OBE is Dr. Charles Tart. Tart's studies of a woman who could induce OBEs raised eyebrows everywhere. Dr. Charles Tart's Study of Verified Perception in Out-of-Body Experiences proved to many critics and skeptics the legitimacy of the ObE.

Dr. Charles Tart, www.issc-taste.org and www.paradigm-sys.com, is a transpersonal psychologist and parapsychologist known for his psychological work on the nature of consciousness (particularly altered states of consciousness), as one of the founders of the field of transpersonal psychology, and for his research in scientific parapsychology. He earned his Ph. D. in psychology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1963. His first books, Altered States of Consciousness and Transpersonal Psychologies, became widely used texts that were instrumental in allowing these areas to become part of modern psychology. Dr. Tart has been involved with research and theory in the fields of hypnosis, psychology, transpersonal psychology, parapsychology, consciousness and mindfulness since 1963. He has authored over a dozen books, two of which became widely-used textbooks; he has had more than 250 articles published in professional journals and books, including lead articles in such prestigious scientific journals as Science and Nature, and provides regular public speaking appearances.

Dr. Tart documents the out-of-body experience of a young woman who was one of his research subjects. What makes this particular out-of-body experience remarkable is that she was able to leave her physical body and read a 5-digit number, which was at a significant distance, and correctly give it to him upon return. Her OBE a good example of "veridical perception" which is where verified events are observed while in an out-of-body state.

Notice the specific differences between the EEG patterns for her normal dreaming sleep, and the Alphoid (ObE state) pattern. These were some of our first glimpses into the brain patterns of people during and ObE. The fact that she was able to bring back information that she discovered while out of body is VERY interesting. In fact, it gave many skeptics enough to turn their attention to the reality of the OBE. I'd give this study a quick looky-looky!!

Charles Tart gives us the word 'veridical projection'. Meaning a projection where information was gleaned, and then verified. This will become important, as scientific attitudes are beginning to change.

Science isn't about PROOF,, it is about EVIDENCE!!! And the study into the OBE is getting more and more traction within sciencedom.....

Charles Tart is the author of the book, The end of Materialism-How Evidence of the Paranormal is bringing Science and Spirit together. I'm not going to reference the book too much, as I haven't been able to find a free pdf of it.. But it is a brilliant read... Tart is also the person who wrote the forewarding for the re-release of Robert Monroes first book, Journeys out of the body.

I'm not going to tackle my breakdown of Monroe until I have finished re-reading this book for the umpteenth time!!

If you want to skip ahead,, here is the PDF... Robert Monroe was a man ahead of his time. (I am biased..)

I consider this book to be required reading for anyone serious about OBE..

http://www.ghostcircle.com/ebooks/Ro...The%20Body.pdf

Love to all,,
    Jake.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Cristian (20th September 2014), Mark (23rd September 2014), NancyV (20th September 2014), Reinhard (25th September 2014), RichD (20th September 2014), Sebastion (20th September 2014), Sidney (20th September 2014), WHOMADEGOD (20th September 2014), william r sanford72 (25th September 2014), Zaya (22nd September 2014)

36. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 times in 257 posts

I have blocks, can't seem to get around, I feel fear of course but I know I can overcome this as I have in many astral adventure but they only happen once I have fallen asleep and as such the level of consciousness is not enough. When I try and OOBE the vibrations are minimal and I just end up asleep after an hour or so :-(

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WHOMADEGOD For This Post:

Jake (20th September 2014), NancyV (20th September 2014), RichD (20th September 2014), Sidney (21st September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 3 13 19 LastLast