+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Default In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

This looks interesting...anyone heard??

In France they are not wasting time.They are organising themselves to withdraw their money from the banks on the 7th of December!!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1653011133967

German

To:
    English

Translate text or webpagealien funny drinks
    Type text or a website address or translate a document.
    Cancel
    Listen
    German to English translation
    French activists call for a Europe-wide and joint account termination on 7 December on. Everyone should get his money from the account. The question is: What does this protest?
    In France the last few weeks has been enough protest - at least find the three fanzösischen citizen Yann Sarfati, Arnaud Varnier and Geraldine Feuillien. Since demonstrating in the street and have brought before parliaments and obviously not - so its findings - the real power lies anyway in the hands of international banks and corporations, they want to provide a novel form of protest a stir on: 7 December, all citizens of the country resolve their account and their money can be paid out in cash. Then, so the activists suggest, one can first put the money in a suitcase or invest it in a social bank. About 7000 people have signed up to Join the linked with the call to the Facebook page.
    Listen
    Read phonetically
    Dictionary - View detailed dictionary
    Google Translate for my:SearchesVideosEmailPhoneChatBus

http://jetzt.sueddeutsche.de/texte/anzeigen/513473

viking
    Last edited by Eric J (Viking); 28th October 2010 at 15:41.
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

Alloya (24th November 2010), Ba-ba-Ra (28th October 2010), fifi (28th October 2010), Ki's (28th October 2010), yiolas (28th October 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Default Re: In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

A nice thought Viking.. But what if you have overdraft facilities or loans/direct debits etc.
    Surely you would just amount interest on this???????
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

The term 'agent provocateur' comes to mind. The reason Caesar stamped his face on all of the gold was because the gold belonged to him. Anyone else in possession was simply borrowing under the good graces of Caesar himself. Fortunately for the modern day Caesars, cotton promissory notes can't be melted down into something of value.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I applaud the French on their resilience and tenacity. I wonder how we'll fare when it's our turn.

Soj

6. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Actually, that's one of the best simple action the citizen of the world can do. And it will hurt the financial/banking system. I'm not from France, but I'll do just the same on this date by support.

Namaste, Steven

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I've been contemplating this for a while actually, more as a safety measure to have some cash on hand in case of a massive stock market crash and bank run like in the 30's - which I haven't ruled out as a possibility in the next little while. Too bad I have no money to withdraw haha.

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

This looks silly .... do you really think everybody is going to wait till the 7th of December ?

By then you will be too late ... as soon as a run begins the bank will quickly run out of cash and you get nothing.
    So this message (if serious) alone will make people nervous and start some of them early.
    Besides if a bank would survive till the 7th and they know the plans they will simply take a bank holiday to avoid the run on the bank.

The whole idea is great of course. I am closing one of my bank accounts today (as a matter of dissatisfaction too but not triggered by this news).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th October 2010)

10. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

My Inner Revolutionary loves the idea!

Fred

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredkc For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (22nd November 2010)

12. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

LOL yes awaken the sleeping bear... by a penguin no less. That's hysterical! Can you imagine what that poor penguin is going to do once the bear gains consciousness? Can't bobble more than 2MPH and certainly can't fly. And the penguin friend with the basket... coming to collect ROFL!!! Freakin awesome... LOL.

13. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    That's a revolutionary picture alright ... penguins and polar bears can't be separated any further from each other.

14. Link to Post #11
    Ilie Pandia

I tend to agree with @Operator on this one. If there is going to be a run on the bank on the 7th of Dec there will be no more cash left ). I for one have just set up a reminder two weeks before that date to withdraw what money I have left in the bank :D

15. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Well, we all love the idea of David standing up to Goliath - but my logic says Operator (see above) is right. It will be interesting to watch though.

I have to give it to the French, when they raised the social security age in US, some grumbled, but most barely batted an eye. Until somehow we can force the politicians to be on the same system of benefits as we are, rather on their "special" retirement and medical programs, they won't give a damn.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

16. Link to Post #13
    Ilie Pandia

@Ba-ba-Ra: I think one of our mistakes is that we think we are like David and Goliath, meaning that we see ourselves as really small and with little power. I know David wins in the end... but the banks resemble Goliath only in our mind... they do not really have the numbers to match us. We are lots and lots of Davids

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Anchor (28th October 2010)

18. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Oh goody. Another date to look forward to. Perhaps something will happen on that date finally.. or maybe sooner? :0)

My advice would be ... watch out for prowlers in ski masks on the streets as you return home with your hard earned loot (to find your wide screen tv gone. Dang ! How they know you'd be out ???? )

Even more scandalous - following our pension funds being on their knees...is new info that all UK citizens will be forced into pension contributions as of next year. (yeah.. they need your money!) A big blow for small companies who will be forced to implement this even if they only have a couple of employees.

Oh.. and did I also mention that the UK are selling off half of all forestry commission land to pay our debts? Something like a million and a half acres (or half of that). Jeez, chump change off the OTC debt.
    Last edited by Kulapops; 28th October 2010 at 20:20.

19. Link to Post #15
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Quote Posted by Kulapops (here)
    (to find your wide screen tv gone. Dang ! How they know you'd be out ???? )
    Maybe they read in on twitter, or saw the facebook status " Out all night spending my hard earned cash"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Celine For This Post:

Ethereal Blue Being (28th October 2010)

21. Link to Post #16
    Ilie Pandia

@Kulapops: Unlike other predictions here on the forum there really is an event set up in facebook for 7th of December.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lo-sai/126393880733870

If I understand the numbers right there are about 12,000 people that "Like this" event . So the question really is if it will reach critical mass as to cause problems with the banks or not and if it will start earlier that 7th of Dec

22. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

If the bank(s) feel this is a real threat to them and the numbers (acc's) looks likely to be withdrawn, they will intervene, with some legal clause and or support from Govt. They wont let this happen. A freeze on Acc's will be the likely scenario. Also, if acc's number into the 'thousands' they simply wont have the availiable funds to accomodate. Yes, it's your money but their mindset will be...you can't have it.

Regards

Ross
    Last edited by Ross; 28th October 2010 at 23:34.

23. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Doesn't France have laws like here in the US . If there is a "run" on the banks they can close down for 3 days to let people cool down and I'm pretty sure they can limit you on percentage of your overall account that you can withdraw at any particular branch ( they want you to go to another branch and stand in another line I guess). If someone knows more details of this or where the link to the official laws are I would like to read them..it's propably on a FDIC webpage--- 911 changed everything. By they way if people in France do this the "bad guys" will just be following people home and rob them.Criminals will love this idea. I imagine criminals from other countries wil fly in for the "easy pickings"

24. Link to Post #19
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    A freeze on Acc's will be the likely senario. Also, if acc's number into the 'thousands' they simply wont have the availiable funds to accomodate. Yes, it's your money but their mindset will be...you can't have it.
    Saying "you can't have it" would be just the same as saying "we do not have any more money to give you". Blocking the access to money or running out of money will have the same end result with the general population: people will no longer be able to get to their money! But I guess that "you can't have it" scenario would at least save the banks.

25. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Interesting... pixel... I agree with Ross.... there will be contingency plans for any day where a certain amount of cash is withdrawn. So the only way this would work would be by a gradual shift away from banks.

I think the closest the UK Government got to action was Oct 2008 when a steady amount of cash was being withdrawn by people over a long period of time. Apparently they got close to stepping in and freezing cash machines.

This , of course, could just be pure story. However you could look into it if interested.

And as we slip silently away from the use of cash, it won't be long before you have nothing to withdraw. Think on that one !

How many of you write cheques anymore ? How many use credit cards ? Which of us uses Paypal ? Amazon ? How much cash do we actually spend each month in comparison to electronic transfers of one form or another? I'd guess not more than 10%

oooh.. money ! the devil is so convenient isn't he ?

So this could just be another 'what if?' story As funky as it would be to witness... I think you can say the chances of it 'happening' are up there with disclosure...

Love to you all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast