+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Default Re: In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

It may well play into their hands...(If in fact enough ppls decide to withdrawal) as in a reason to abolish cash totally (cos we just dont have it to give you) and introduce 'credit for cash' which of course has been the plan for some time. (dont rule out who is behind this idea) PRS...

In saying that:

Quote So this could just be another 'what if?' story As funky as it would be to witness... I think you can say the chances of it 'happening' are up there with disclosure...
    The most likely story Kula...tho the French are battlers and are not afraid of a good ole fisty-cuff.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

Truth be Told, I started to cash my paycheck rather than deposit it months ago, as well as take out whatever meager savings I had ! I also stopped using my debit card and credit cards. I pay any monthly installments on the absolute last day in cash and in person. If I didn't have any loans, I would not step foot into any financial institution ever again. That's my goal !
    Blessings,
    Yiola

3. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Default Re: In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

Truth be Told, I started to cash my paycheck rather than deposit it months ago, as well as take out whatever meager savings I had ! I also stopped using my debit card and credit cards. I pay any monthly installments on the absolute last day in cash and in person. If I didn't have any loans, I would not step foot into any financial institution ever again. That's my goal !

really good on you, i'll try to copy you... !

4. Link to Post #24
    Ilie Pandia

Did you know that instead of keeping your money in a bank account you could keep it in a bank "safe box"? (not really sure about the terminology of the safe box). The idea is to store money as cash in that box instead of "bits of data" in the bank account. You should be the only one to know what is in that safety box, and (short of a bank robbery) I know of no reason why the bank should block access to your box.

So with the safe box you have the money stored in a relatively secure place (rather than keeping then under your pillow) and the bank/state can not touch then since they are not in your bank account. There are some storage fees of course but I think they are comparable with the account maintenance costs.

I should mention that I, personally, do not use this because I have little to no savings left , but is an idea to contemplate. Of course you could buy your own safe at home if you afford one.

5. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Rest assure that all cash boxes (safety deposit boxes) are within the confines of the bank...so...if all hell breaks loose they will lock you out...somewhat neg...but thats what will happen.
    Last edited by Ross; 28th October 2010 at 23:32.

6. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    My Inner Revolutionary loves the idea!

Fred
    So does mine.

However, like Operator pointed out, if people knew that was the plan - and that they might risk losing out on withdrawing their money that day - wouldn't people get in early?

I live in hope - but human nature is what it is.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

7. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

msg. deleted
    Last edited by NoTingles; 29th January 2011 at 20:48.

8. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Quote Posted by Jonathon (here)
    The term 'agent provocateur' comes to mind. The reason Caesar stamped his face on all of the gold was because the gold belonged to him. Anyone else in possession was simply borrowing under the good graces of Caesar himself. Fortunately for the modern day Caesars, cotton promissory notes can't be melted down into something of value.
    Hi Jonathon,
    having read that opened up another line of thought ; Maybe this event would be a good reason for implementing military control systems.

I think a whole lot of people would have to be in on it for that to happen, though.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

9. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by Ross (here)
    It may well play into their hands...(If in fact enough ppls decide to withdrawal) as in a reason to abolish cash totally (cos we just dont have it to give you) and introduce 'credit for cash' which of course has been the plan for some time. (dont rule out who is behind this idea) PRS...
    which is exactly why this might be a good time to start a local time bank... create our own MONEY system... as I said before on another thread... if we don't use their money, we don't have to follow their rules...

I for one, will have to start the money-jerk early cuz their is a limit on daily ATM withdrawal amounts...
    Last edited by xbusymom; 29th October 2010 at 05:07.

10. Link to Post #30
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

I would suggest to check how it looked in Argentina , when they de-pegged their currency from dollar .. or any other bank run.
    Banks are allowed to have only specific small amount of cash on hand, supposedly for safety reasons.
    When it runs out, they simply block withdrawals till central "sends more". Might takes days Convenient, isn't it ?
    During the time the cash-out amount is lowered more and more .. imagine taking out $5000 when you can take out $100 at the time.
    Then of course, after few days you have bank holidays guaranteed.
    Point is- 90% of cash would be still in the system

11. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Will be joining my French brothers and sisters in this peaceful protest
    Thank you for posting this and helping to pass on this info
    Love
    M

12. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

So I realize that Im ahead of the pack. I have been removing my money from my bank for 2 years now.
    I keep a minimum which is about 40 dollars. I even went to the trouble of speaking to the manager to ask to not have any solicitation from the cashiers. At one point it was rediculous,getting asked everytime I showed up...."Hello Mr, we notice you have no credit card, you know we have very advantagous rates and services".....

So now I even refined the whole process. I have an ATM machine 2minutes from my house. I deposit checks and take out the money at the same time. Bingo, no waiting, no solicitation, no money in the bank and I leave with a pile of easily usable 20 dollar bills....
    Now thats banking !

13. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    So now I even refined the whole process. I have an ATM machine 2minutes from my house. I deposit checks and take out the money at the same time. Bingo, no waiting, no solicitation, no money in the bank and I leave with a pile of easily usable 20 dollar bills....
    Now thats banking !
    Same here ... but that was the reason why the bank now introduced a yearly fee of $60 besides the monthly fee of $6 ... so I had to close the bank account at all.
    I am not going along with it anymore ...

14. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Two years ago I had nearly £1000 in cash at home. In readiness of the banking shutdown that never came. It was very handy though if you're going out and forgot to go to the ATM. A little cash liquidity never hurt anyone !

S'all gone now though... still, I had a good time spending it .

What I need now is just a really good ATM in the wall of my house with a dial in to the Canadian President's expense account. I'm sure they wouldn't miss the odd $100 here and there...

I do think you have to admire the French. And if anyone could pull a stunt of mass disobedience, it's them.

15. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

I think it's wonderful that the French people are not taking the austerity measures lying down. Maybe the bank run will be sabotaged, but they're showing the world how to unite and work together to try and make an effect. Like David Icke says..they are the few, and it's we who are the many. Non compliance, refusing to use banks or financial institutions, shopping at your local stores, not the major corporate owned chains, these on a massive scale will definately be felt by the Rich and Greedy.

Soj

16. Link to Post #36
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Quote Posted by sojorner (here)
    I think it's wonderful that the French people are not taking the austerity measures lying down. Maybe the bank run will be sabotaged, but they're showing the world how to unite and work together to try and make an effect. Like David Icke says..they are the few, and it's we who are the many. Non compliance, refusing to use banks or financial institutions, shopping at your local stores, not the major corporate owned chains, these on a massive scale will definately be felt by the Rich and Greedy.

Soj
    Well, not to spoil the show.. but French that strike actually want to have a free lunch, which they were promised for like, 60 years? Problem is, ponzi scheme that they count on to give them early retirements and all that "something for nothing" that western people are so used to, that they do not even ask "how", simply run out. There are not enough spoils to feed the Boomers.

For years West lived in make-believe world of bismarckian "retirement funds" that brought wealth to power elites, but also gave enough of share to "normal folks" that they stopped to ask why. Problem is, that was financial pyramid from day 1, that based on same principle as Bernie Maddoff based his business on. Now, this scheme fallen apart. There is no cash to give out promised retirement. Zip. Nada.

Of course that angered lots of people. But real problem is, they wanted to believe in this scam. Any person that spent an hour studying this system knew it was a lie. Now, chicken came home to roost, and folks are angry.

Problem is, they are angry for all the wrong reasons. They do not want to for govt to pack things and go away, stop meddling in economy. They want govt to extend and pretend that financial pyramid still exist!

Sorry folks, TANSTAAFL, like it or not....

Way I see it, those French strikes are just heroin addicts mugging for next shot, but carefully avoiding issue of addiction.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Luke For This Post:

Ross (29th October 2010)

18. Link to Post #37
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

well I think it is awfully nice of the protesters to let the bank know they are getting the first 2 weeks of December off...

ATM's closed with no cash?

send an email to complaints...

They'll get back to you...

in 2011...

19. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

I think they are smarter than that!.....some form of steganograpy perhaps.

20. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,367 times in 8,335 posts

Quote Posted by Luke (here)

Way I see it, those French strikes are just heroin addicts mugging for next shot, but carefully avoiding issue of addiction.
    I think the point that the French and others are right about is that the relationship between the people and the state is essencially a partnership. They put up and compromise with the state as part of that. Think partnership contract law.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

21. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

I moved recently and went to close out my old account in cash and the bank would not give me all in cash because they don't keep that much cash 'on hand'.apparently the banks only get dolled out just so much cash. I,ve been hitting the ATM machine everyday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast