+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Default Re: In France they are withdrawing all monies on the 7th December!!

Quote Posted by steve_a (here)
    Hi teakai,

It was set to fail from the beginning. The vast majority of Anarchists don't have any money to withdraw from the banks!

Best regards,

Steve
    - well that would explain why not very many went into the banks, then.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

2. Link to Post #62
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Luke (here)
    That said , you remove cash .. and what? watch it loose value due inflation? Unable to make shopping via iNet?
    Well the real impact would have been caused by those people that were unable to remove their cash. In my mind this should have been a wake-up call for those still believing that banks handle actual money. So this "Cantona" event should have been about expanding awareness and not necessarily providing a solution to the banking system. But other than that I absolutely agree with you Luke.

3. Link to Post #63
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Quote Posted by kalimistik (here)
    I stopped using the banks years ago, just maintain one account for the essentials but keep it at a bare minimum. I worked years ago in finance and came to the realisation then, how the whole system works. I still remember the day a colleague of mine explained gearing to me.....well what can I say, that is what started my worldview which I still hold today. When I saw how rigged the money system was it made me suspect that maybe everything else is a lie aswell which of course it is. To explain this concept to people I usually use the anecdote " A man goes into a bank and deposits 1 million , the bank then has to pay him the going interest rate. Then the bank through a 10 to 1 gearing can lend another 9 million which do not exist. Another man goes into the bank and needs to borrow 1 million to buy a property which the bank then lends him at the going interest rate. However until the borrower pays back the last cent on the loan and the interest, the value of the property i.e. 1 million is then on the banks balance sheets so hay presto! they can now gear this up and lend another 9 million which again doesn´t exist and so on.

My friend and I had this great idea once of how to end this madness. All we needed was 5 million which we could not raise, to buy a banking entity ( african or something like that, you can actually buy them for this kind of sums ) and then using their same rules to effectively gear them out of existence. The idea was as follows:-
    We start a massive advertising campaign offering 10% interest on deposits, you would instantly attract a lot of custom. Then when you reach your first million for example, you can gear this up 10 - 1 and loan out 9 million ( which of course do not exist ) then loan out this with the condition that the borrower only has to pay back half of the loan, you can imagine the interest this would attract! Before you know it, you have nearly all the business you need to ensure the big boys go under. Hope you all get the jist of this? It really is that simple!
    Well Kalimistik you are spot-on! How about we start an AVALON international bank - anyone can do it. It would be not for the purpose of stuffing our pockets with ill-gotton money, but providing a genuine alternative to the controlled international bankster game. How much money would we need? With radical deregulation of banking here in the US I hear it is actually pretty easy to start your own bank! Just a thought!

redit unions are in the US anyway are a whole other animal and they overall, are very responsible.

Yeah easy enough for Anarchists with no money to pull down the walls around us................what we need are practical alternative economic and fiscal systems that everyday people understand and that work
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 9th December 2010 at 09:48.

4. Link to Post #64
    Thanks

Another prediction comes and goes...

I love the sound they make as they go whooshing by !

5. Link to Post #65
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 times in 660 posts

Ha ha ha Kulapops - I love your sense of humour ...

Love to you. JP

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Hello Ahkenaten

IMHO The best way to start a bank is to start banking with yourself at home, at least you will know what you have - you keep!

Best regards JP

6. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Hey John ! We're neighbours...

There'll be another one soon... like buses, you get none for ages and then three come at once...

7. Link to Post #67
    Ilie Pandia

Quote Posted by Kulapops (here)
    Another prediction comes and goes...

I love the sound they make as they go whooshing by !
    Hello Kulapops - I was wondering when you're gone say something about this

8. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

Tee hee undeadpixel... I was going to scroll back and read what I wrote on this very thread... but at 7 pages.. that's going to take a while.. and time is of the essence as we all know !

I'm not feeling at all smug... but it is a reminder of my early schooldays, that the most vibrant rumours, that would whizz round from mouth to ear speaking of impending doom, never materialised. I had forgotten this until I came to the same phenomenon here at Avalon and reflected on it. My thread or posts on that are still at AV1.

I can spare everyone the research, but basically, we all love a good bedtime story. Something that will frighten us just a little. THough I believe none of these stories will ever come to pass because that is their function (bedtime entertainment, what is even stranger, is that I suspect even the folks who really believe it's going to happen may actually, at a subconscious level, also known they are bunk, and can just enjoy the story for the buzz it gives on reading, even though they seem to really believe it.

There was an interesting section in What the Bleep on how opiate receptors in the brain get us to repeat behaviour... I'm thinking that bedtime stories is just another equivalent for let's say, a large Jack Daniels and coke. The brain is happy, everyone is happy.

So I always look to the 'shock and awe' factor with any new story. Eveeryone taking out their dough is pretty big in this stake, so it's pretty unlikely to happen in my view. BUt is sure grabs the attention.

The whole wikileaks thing is much more complex story I think.

Good to see you!

9. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Ahkenaten;78486]Well Kalimistik you are spot-on! How about we start an AVALON international bank - anyone can do it. It would be not for the purpose of stuffing our pockets with ill-gotton money, but providing a genuine alternative to the controlled international bankster game. How much money would we need? With radical deregulation of banking here in the US I hear it is actually pretty easy to start your own bank! Just a thought!

redit unions are in the US anyway are a whole other animal and they overall, are very responsible.

Hi Ahkenaten,
    The problem is brother, they stopped allowing individual parties from forming banks a long time ago! All we can do nowadays is buy an entity, ( a bank which is already formed, costing a minimum of 5 mil ) therefore the reference to the african banks etc. It would be a lot more difficult than maybe you think. ( at least working on their rules, if there was enough interest worldwide however this would not matter. ) The problem being to be recognized as a fiscal entity working within the realms of legality, you would not be able to do this, they have it effin stiched up... so to speak. There probably is a way of accomplishing this but it would need a lot of organisation, research and effin money! I think personally the whole cash thing is vehmently screwed and very sinister, what we need to do is change the banking laws and regs. Then and only then could we start to get a grip on the situation! These f..kers have it all nailed down bro, they invented the GAME ! Sorry for pissing on the party but that is the reality of the it!

10. Link to Post #70
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

the sad part is everyone withdrew all their money....

the banking elite didn't even notice......

11. Link to Post #71
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

On December 7, Eric Cantona has withdrawn just 1,500 euros (about 2,000 US$) in a bank in Amiens, France... and yet, Mr Cantona is rich as a former soccer player and movie actor.
    In April 2010, his wife Rachida Brakni did a TV commercial to promote a well-known bank (LCL). Isn't it funny?
    I really don't know if we have to cry or laugh.
    Aren't you fed up with all the "blablabla" coming from all those "revolutionaries" and insiders in "rabbit skin"?
    It's time to return down to earth and open our eyes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4