Thread: How To Recognize An Energy Vampire and What To Do About It

1. Link to Post #1
    Norway Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,045 times in 794 posts

Lightbulb How To Recognize An Energy Vampire and What To Do About It

http://in5d.com/energy-vampires.html

By: Jocelyn Daher

I will start off by saying that everyone that is reading this article has most likely had an experience with an energy vampire living in the type of society we do today.

All of us experiencing this at different levels, whether it be a relationship where you were so manipulated you started questioning your own sanity. Having to scribe and keep track of each moment because this person was convicting you the sky was actually purple or simply a friend or coworker not being happy for fortunate moments within your life. It is the feeling of being drained of your energy, your natural joy and life force by someone around you. You can feel them deliberately or unintentionally sapping and mutating their surroundings into negativity.
    Our main mission here on this planet is to love one another. To join hands and head and build the higher vibration to shake away all that is lacking. This energy sapping feeling has to start somewhere in my opinion, originating from a general expectation for the other person (the energy vampire) to share this feeling, this mission of mutual elation.

The current societal construct has been built on the opposite ideology telling us unconsciously on a daily basis since birth, that when we do not get the emotional energy we need (that should be from sharing) we must then go into dominating or competing with others. An unconscious competition for energy underlies all energy vampire conflicts. By dominating or manipulating others, they get the extra energy they think they need. It feels good to them but both parties are damaged in the conflict. The truth is always inherently looming though, that we never have to control, overpower or manipulate anyone or any situation because each person has a direct line to source energy, the most abundant and powerful source of energy there is.

So what are the different types of psychic vampires and how do you spot them?

Poor me’s make us feel guilty and responsible for them.

This is the person that if you have the flu they have had it way worse than you or even the one who constantly has the bad relationship, financial state, and some looming affliction to top it off. Isn’t it coincidental that the ones who have not been awakened to their line to source are also sick, broke and out of luck-love? Or is that a coincidence at all? These people I see the most frequently but are also the least harmful as most are doing it from a non-malicious and most of the time unconscious standpoint. Although I have experienced some who this is the tip of the iceberg to reel you in to the layers of manipulation tactics to have you as their constant victim and host. When you don’t show up for their pity party this will come full swing with their arsenal of guilt trips to try to sap energy and attention. Always try to keep in mind this poor me attitude simply stems from not receiving enough love from within.

The Aloof sap energy by showing indifference.

This person is the one who is the too cool for school guy or gal that will indirectly without saying anything make you question whether what you are doing should be celebrated at all. They wallow in their indifference just long enough to psychologically affect your processes to where the tables and attention is turned towards them instead of your original source of joy. This is the guy who is completely but quietly disgusted by the raise you just got or the amazing lesson you have learned in life and want to share. There is also a siphoning feeling from what you are doing to them because their main tactic is to stop the flow of energy as a control mechanism.

Interrogators drain energy by judging and questioning.

These people are the ones who are incessantly and persistently intent to be right at all cost. Therefore it could be something that is generally known and they counteract what you are saying by simply wording different or more precise. These are the ones who are constantly stepping on your heels to try to get one imaginary (non-existent) step ahead of you by cutting you down and proving you “wrong”. Their objective is control and ego boosting since this is coming from insecurity. Their tactic is to form a mental separation from the universal truth and to have you question your inner compass and knowing so that they can be in control over you, themselves and the surrounding situation.

Intimidators steal energy from others by threat or fear.

In my opinion this is the deepest embedding vampire and the most sophisticated. This person needs to get close enough to know your personal fears to use them against you. This is a very primal, reptilian brain tactic that if you are in fear then they hold the steering wheel to your decisions and life force energy. This tactic is not to be taken lightly and often follows with a bribing system. For example: If you don’t do this you will compromise your or other’s safety. You wouldn’t want that would you? Very malicious. Very deliberate. Perhaps showing the mirror of what the true comfort to any situation would be instead of the fear. In my opinion, separation or ignoring is the best counter for this one.

Also see: Spirit Science Hidden Human History and Spirit Science Video Collection

Naturally the next question to ask would be:

How do I protect myself from energy vampires?

I always use this easy three step system:

1. Try to uplift the vampire to a higher vibration.

All things either come from love or are a cry for love. If the person trying to sap energy from you is looking for love which is the feeling of connection to their own line to source then remind them of this. Whether it be through an act of kindness or simply offering words of empowerment to their situation. This technique works the best for the poor me type.

2. If they are resistant to the vibration raising, you can always protect yourself.

If you try to offer them love, they resist this process you can always go into protection mode. Most people see this as building a wall, shutting down or visualizing a bubble of white light surrounding you. While I think the visualization is handy because it brings you back to your own line of connection and remembrance that you are a powerful extension of source, this is just a band-aid over the splinter from my perspective. Since it is only a temporary fix to the situation, if you want to keep this person around. The situation get sticky because we have expectations and they are understandable and universal expectations. This expectation is to share in the building and acceleration of the collective consciousness. We have made an agreement and it feels good to share good vibrations with other people to help raise humanity to ascension. Therefore when an energy vampire starts sapping your open energy instead of joining in to build the frequency, you give them open access becoming the victim. This is only because we lower our vibration in disappointment because of their reaction or action. We can stop this access by not being a victim of expectation, we simply expect the opposite for this person (to continue with the same energy draining behavior patterns). Recognizing that this is independent of our personal experience. You then can see that you have to be on the same frequency of an energy vampire to even become the host.

Another “tactic” would be a healing exercise I like to do when I am offended or feel let down by someone which is to ask myself what false belief I am holding to allow myself to feel let down to begin with. I go into this in great detail in my article How to Protect Yourself as an Empath if you would like to know more about this healing pathway.

3. Cut ties of communication or simply ignore them.

Lastly and I say this because I truly believe we are here as mirrors for one another to help heal one another through sharing but if this person is persistent enough to be causing you mental and even physical anguish then it is time to separate yourself whether you do that physically or mentally. Start focusing on the type of relationships you would like to surround yourself with and build your environment up with the frequencies you would like to be vibrating at, this is indirectly energy vampire repellent for two reasons.

One is that energy vampires need a reaction or your negative attention to continue being vampiric and two they need to have you be in the frequency of being the victim. So in my opinion it is useless to try to justify yourself by teaming up with others “against” this person like a good guy-bad guy scenario because let’s be honest this is multidimensional. Everyone is neither all good or all bad, we are just in different levels of healing and perception. If you start to focus on what you want and less of what they are doing, you will be surprised at what ease these people disappear. When you listen to your inner heart compass, your connection to source, you will be surprised at what “power” you have “over” them because the truth is there is no higher power than another. There is no control, only oneness. Just keep following your joy.

Also see: Shadow People

To sum all of this up, the dynamics to any vampiric situation are quite simple as you can see, they start trying to draw energy from you, you start to feel the drama from their control tactic which temporarily leads you away from that sweet connection point to source. The more you partake in their lower vibration the more ”power” you give them.

No one wants to admit it but the truth is we have ALL been energy vampires at one point or another because we have been programmed to gain energy through childhood traumas and societal programming rather than the abundant all oneness. The scale and frequency to which we perform energy vampirism is unique to each person but the first step to healing humanity it to remind ourselves and others that we are not only loved but a channel for the universal all knowing, all powerful interconnected source. We should dive deep and become aware of the subtle energies around us and try to understand where the false belief is within your subconscious to cause this to situation to arise, then once recognized replacing it with the truth. When we do this there is just not any time or space for anything other than soaking up those warm, yummy, joyful frequencies. Radiating and sharing these accelerating frequencies with everyone surrounding within this universal now moment.

This article was inspired by the book The Celestine Prophecy.

To learn more about this book and the entire 9 insights, check out Spirit Science episode 14 below:
    Last edited by linksplatinum; 22nd September 2014 at 22:26.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to linksplatinum For This Post:

betoobig (23rd September 2014), Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), BMJ (18th December 2019), cursichella1 (23rd September 2014), David Trd1 (23rd September 2014), Hazel (23rd September 2014), Inaiá (16th December 2019), Joanne Shepard (23rd September 2014), Jules (23rd September 2014), Kristin (22nd September 2014), mahalall (22nd September 2014), Michelle Marie (22nd September 2014), Moonaton (3rd April 2020), Pris (22nd September 2014), shadowstalker (23rd September 2014), Stephanie (22nd September 2014), Sue (Ayt) (17th December 2019), Sunny-side-up (23rd September 2014), truth4me (22nd September 2014), ulli (22nd September 2014), WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014), Wind (23rd September 2014), Zaya (23rd September 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 times in 1,094 posts

Default Re: How To Recognize An Energy Vampire and What To Do About It

Attention seekers I guess fall into the "poor me " category. I do know energy vampires are real. Attention seekers.....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

betoobig (23rd September 2014), Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), Joanne Shepard (23rd September 2014), linksplatinum (22nd September 2014), shadowstalker (23rd September 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

it's real easy to spot an energy vampire/psychopath (I've learned a lot in life); they are the people who are 'overwhelmingly' initially the most friendly to us, pay us initially a lot of compliments, want to be immediately our friend, etc.- and they are self-serving snakes-

the most honest people out there are those who initially keep their distance a bit; they can be mildly friendly at first, but will then keep their slight distance from us until they can decide if were trustworthy or not- they will at times be a bit more open (they're testing us) than usual, but will then withdraw a bit until they can figure out what really makes us tick;

time and time again I've discovered that my best friends came from the "quiet" background and not the snakes with initially the biggest, most patronizing, self-serving mouths- talk is cheap; actions speak louder than words (sorry, old but true clichè)-

Larry

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

betoobig (23rd September 2014), Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), cursichella1 (23rd September 2014), Inaiá (16th December 2019), Joanne Shepard (23rd September 2014), Jules (23rd September 2014), linksplatinum (22nd September 2014), shadowstalker (23rd September 2014), Sue (Ayt) (17th December 2019), Sunny-side-up (17th December 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

There are givers and takers in this world, and the takers know exactly who the givers are. Giovanni has been posting some great vids on giving that are great to watch. Ultimately we need to take responsibility for ourselves and see honestly how energy is exchanged. Tough to spot a psychopath, however, if you've got two feet planted firmly in reality and have a strong sense of yourself, you can feel safe in your own skin. Being very aware of what is occurring now and in the present moment is key to this, I've discovered.

This sense of being in the moment can really help you spot when you are being fed a line of BS. Intuitive tags will come up and question the motivations and underlying agendas. Discernment always. Psychopaths and vampires and the like will try to get your permission to be in your space from the very first sentence. They will compound sentences to create agreements in multiplicity. Being clear with one's self and intentions is always a great way to live, regardless of who is in your circle. A vampire always wants something from you. A true friend carries no such agendas.

From the Heart,
    Kristin

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), Hazel (23rd September 2014), Inaiá (16th December 2019), Joanne Shepard (23rd September 2014), Limor Wolf (27th September 2014), linksplatinum (22nd September 2014), shadowstalker (23rd September 2014), Sue (Ayt) (17th December 2019), Wind (23rd September 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

This world needs a lot of healing, in all ways.

Just to add some things to what's already been said...about unhealthy behaviors that people don't enjoy being around (understandably), but some can tolerate or accept more than others.

People can be both takers and givers...some people are afraid to open up and ask for help because some people will judge them badly for it...they have to feel safe to open up, or take a risk...

It's up to people who they want in their life, or not...and that should be respected...

Some people are generally warm, friendly, empathic, and love to connect with others - this is not always trusted! (if people don't like it, they don't have to make friends with them, or can ignore them, like the article sais).

Openness and vulnerability can also be taken the wrong way by some...yes we can pick up that some people do not want us to be so open with them, and we can respect and consider that...(it's a bit different on a forum! )

Sometimes people have trust issues because of what they have experienced in the past and these can be triggered by certain behaviors...and they see a behavior as meaning this or that without really getting to know the person (it makes them feel safer).

Some people are just not a good match for each other...

A poem that I wrote

Most people

We don't know most of what most people have been through...
    We don't know what it's like
    to live their whole life
    in their shoes...
    or why they do some of what they do...
    if it's been rare or usual
    or sometimes,
    how they think of you.

We don't know many of their valuable,
    and beautiful
    moments,
    little successes,
    or sunlight dresses...

The illusion of labels...

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

Just curious, but Has Jocelyn Daher ever met a T.I. = Targeted Individual?
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

betoobig (23rd September 2014), Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), linksplatinum (23rd September 2014), Natalia (23rd September 2014), petra (27th November 2017)

12. Link to Post #7
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    That's a good point (not that I know much about that).
    Last edited by Natalia; 23rd September 2014 at 01:09.

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Jules's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 times in 233 posts

Thank you for this subject. Although this concept seems like a Friday night scary movie, after going through things, my perspective has changed. In the past I wanted to be agreeable in dealing with difficult people, I would try to appease them. By doing this, a so-called energy vampire would not leave me alone, therefore, no good deed goes unpunished, especially regarding these type individuals. I made the unfair assumption that others are like me, not so. I cannot imagine living solely to utilize every situation for what I can take from others as a game to be won, including lying, gas lighting and causing doubts, but they can. It is a wake up call to understand that not everyone is put here to be like you. Therefore because you have live with yourself, you must learn to love yourself, then give from your freewill not manipulated by guilt, tantrums, cons, and other such nonsense. If you're stuck with vampire family members, I'm sorry.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jules For This Post:

betoobig (23rd September 2014), Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), Inaiá (16th December 2019), linksplatinum (23rd September 2014), Pris (23rd September 2014), Sue (Ayt) (17th December 2019)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

really I think the best defense against energy vampires is , you being strong in what and how you are , standing your ground and not falling for their traps ... The world today is so full of them , they are everywhere ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), Jules (28th September 2014), linksplatinum (24th September 2014), Pris (24th September 2014), RunningDeer (17th December 2019), Sue (Ayt) (17th December 2019)

17. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,215 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by Jules (here)
    In the past I wanted to be agreeable in dealing with difficult people, I would try to appease them. By doing this, a so-called energy vampire would not leave me alone, therefore, no good deed goes unpunished, especially regarding these type individuals.
    Aww, I wouldn't say you were 'punished' for doing what you thought was a good thing. You had to make an attempt, right?

With regard to sociopaths in general (same thing as energy vampires?), the more we reach out to these people, it seems the more they resent and detest us. It appears we all have to learn this lesson the hard way.

What I've found has worked for me, as sad as it is, is to detach and let them go. Some relationships can't be 'fixed' and it is best to end them.

Quote If you're stuck with vampire family members, I'm sorry.
    I agree -- this one is tough. About all you can do is stay strong and detach as best as you can.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Jules (28th September 2014), linksplatinum (24th September 2014)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

For those with the patience to listen, there's some very good info here about energy vampires. Also covers the stealing of energy as part of a family dynamic. Don't let a vampire look you in the eye:

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th December 2019), RunningDeer (17th December 2019), Sue (Ayt) (17th December 2019)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,604 times in 20,701 posts

Narcissists are energy vampires too; great thread here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Silence-A-Prey
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (17th December 2019), RunningDeer (17th December 2019), Sue (Ayt) (17th December 2019), Sunny-side-up (17th December 2019)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Natalia (here)
    Quote Posted by shadowstalker (here)
    That's a good point (not that I know much about that).
    Oh just noticed that Natalia had unsubscribed
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

RunningDeer (17th December 2019)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,910 times in 2,594 posts

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    What I've found has worked for me, as sad as it is, is to detach and let them go. Some relationships can't be 'fixed' and it is best to end them.
    I have a little tool that I believe has helped when I have found myself in these types of situations. I get in my state, and kind of scan myself for attachments (which rather look like tentacles or suckers). Then I carefully detach them and maybe give a small symbolic kiss/love to them and plant the sucker tentacle deep into the Source energy heart of our mother Earth. I think there is a whole lot more spare energy there for them to draw upon than in me!
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

RunningDeer (17th December 2019)

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member James's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 times in 174 posts

We have a tendency to look at "energy vampires" as those who are lacking, empty, or maybe even sociopathic. For the most part, this is true - a narcissist needs a captive audience, and a psychopath needs devotees... but... last year, I found the odd exception to the rule.

She was a warm, friendly, kind-hearted individual. Super active in the community. Genuinely charitable. But, for whatever reason, when we'd talk, I'd end up physically and mentally exhausted after ten or so minutes. Some of my colleagues felt the same way, oddly, but we all found her to be such a warm and friendly person who did genuinely good things for others in the community. We really liked her, but felt exhausted after chatting with her.

I'm starting to look at it like fields and circuits. With a psychopath, something is deviated, or broken, but input is still required to keep the systems running. It has to come from somewhere, or someone.

Maybe other individuals need more "energy" than they can produce, so, their system leeches it from other systems, not because of any broken pieces, but because it's running at a different level of output.

All of this being a super oversimplification of informational planes/fields and bioenergetic circuits, but it's been on my mind ever so often.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to James For This Post:

Sue (Ayt) (18th December 2019)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,604 times in 20,701 posts

I think narcissism can be very hard to detect, and there are lots of variations.
    Someone may still act in a perfectly pleasant way and be very hard-working, yet still operating from a narcissistic personality disorder.
    The energy draining is a characteristic of someone who has lost connection with their authentic being and therefore with nature, which is why they have to have energy supply from others, and that is a narcissistic trait.
    Although they can do a very good imitation of someone who is authentic and in touch.
    (Though malignant narcissists-- not so much!)
    Needing more energy than they can generate is due to being out of touch with the authentic part of themselves which, for their own good, would signal to them that they need to slow down and stop working so hard.
    They often do work very hard, but it's more because they need the approval from others, or they need to in order to live with themselves, and because it keeps them from being alone and having to look inside.
    It may be a way that they can generate some good karma which would help them to heal, but in the process, they will not be healthy to be around.
    It's that out of touchness that is in itself, a characteristic.
    There is also healthy narcissism, which also motivates us to do things in order to feel good about ourselves, but the difference is in the authenticity.
    IMHO...I'm not an expert, but I have been getting a crash course in narcissists and meeting lots of different kinds of cases, and developing a kind of radar.
    It's complicated, and I think it's more on the rise because it stems from trauma (usually in childhood, but necessarily limited to childhood) and trauma is not unusual in these stressful times we are living in.

Quote Posted by James (here)
    We have a tendency to look at "energy vampires" as those who are lacking, empty, or maybe even sociopathic. For the most part, this is true - a narcissist needs a captive audience, and a psychopath needs devotees... but... last year, I found the odd exception to the rule.

She was a warm, friendly, kind-hearted individual. Super active in the community. Genuinely charitable. But, for whatever reason, when we'd talk, I'd end up physically and mentally exhausted after ten or so minutes. Some of my colleagues felt the same way, oddly, but we all found her to be such a warm and friendly person who did genuinely good things for others in the community. We really liked her, but felt exhausted after chatting with her.

I'm starting to look at it like fields and circuits. With a psychopath, something is deviated, or broken, but input is still required to keep the systems running. It has to come from somewhere, or someone.

Maybe other individuals need more "energy" than they can produce, so, their system leeches it from other systems, not because of any broken pieces, but because it's running at a different level of output.

All of this being a super oversimplification of informational planes/fields and bioenergetic circuits, but it's been on my mind ever so often.
    Each breath a gift...

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

A do-gooder can be a type of narcissist. But some people have astral attachments that are vampiric.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

onawah (25th December 2019)

32. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Bit late to this James but sometimes we can feel tired and drained after being around someone, not because they’re draining us, but because our chi won’t flow properly when they’re around. Sometimes we can subconsciously feel threatened by the presence of a high energy person, their high energy triggers our own insecurities causing a blockage in our energy system.

The thing with energy vampires is that it can be super hard to determine if you’re feeling drained because you’ve been drained by someone else or if you’re feeling drained because you’re system is blocked. This is why I’m so wary of generalised articles like the one posted above. It is NEVER that simple and takes a highly trained energy worker to discern what’s really going on. We can’t do it ourselves because once we are drained we lack the energetic capacity required to read the situation properly.

The fix here is to assume nothing and ensure you regularly practice energy protection and energy building techniques. Often we are quite surprised by what’s really going on!

+ Reply to Thread