+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil Pulling: Thousand Year Old Ayurvedic Cures Just About Everything

1. Link to Post #1
    Norway Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,045 times in 794 posts

Thumbs up Oil Pulling: Thousand Year Old Ayurvedic Cures Just About Everything

Posted by JB Bardot
    http://www.jbbardot.com/oil-pulling-...erything-else/

Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy which has recently undergone a surge in interest from the general public. Some people claim that not only does it whiten the teeth and protect the gums, but it also has the ability to detox the entire body and cure disease. Hailed as a magical cure-all by devotees, just how effective is this treatment, and does it live up to these sensational claims?

How to Practice Oil Pulling

Oil pulling involves swishing a tablespoon of oil around your teeth and gums for 15 to 20 minutes every morning. Experts on the subject say that the intention is to push, pull, and suck the oil through the teeth as you would dental floss to remove any bacteria and food debris. The most effective oils to use are sunflower or sesame oil, although many claim that coconut oil works better for them. After you’ve swished the oil through your mouth for the desired length of time in turns white, which indicates that it has absorbed bacteria and toxins from your mouth and gums. This is the time to spit it out and rinse your mouth thoroughly. It is also advisable to do this on an empty stomach, so most people will practice this in the morning.

History

Although oil pulling has been a part of Indian medicine for centuries, it was introduced to America by Dr F Karach MD, in 1992. Claiming that it had healed him of arthritis and a chronic blood disorder, Dr Karach spoke of how the process could cure virtually anything including heart disease, cancer, skin conditions, digestive discomfort, and even auto-immune disease. There are few studies on the effects of oil pulling, and it is impossible to say how much scientific exists to Dr Karach’s claims; however, a quick Google search reveals hundreds of personal testimonies, success stories and anecdotal evidence from people who claim to have healed all sorts of complaints through oil pulling.

Before attempting any kind of alternative treatment it is advisable to seek medical advice from a natural health practitioner. It is also important to be wary of the scam websites which try to sell books and courses about oil pulling, as there really is nothing more to the process than what is available for free. Even if the only benefits are whiter teeth, it is a lot cheaper and healthier than tooth whitening kits which often contain toxic ingredients.

Sources:

http://www.greenmedinfo.com

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...oil-pulling/#3

http://www.jonbarron.org/article/oil-pulling-detoxing

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/oil_pulling.html

http://academicjournals.org/AJMR/PDF...%20et%20al.pdf

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to linksplatinum For This Post:

Craig (23rd September 2014), Debra (23rd September 2014), Inaiá (24th September 2014), Joanne Shepard (23rd September 2014), Lancelot (23rd September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Peace&Love (23rd September 2014), Rich (23rd September 2014), Richard S. (24th September 2014), Tyy1907 (23rd September 2014), WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014), yelik (23rd September 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

Default Re: Oil Pulling: Thousand Year Old Ayurvedic Cures Just About Everything

I have been doing this every morning for 3 months now, i use coconut oil and look forward to it every day.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

Craig (23rd September 2014), GrnEggsNHam (23rd September 2014), Joanne Shepard (23rd September 2014), linksplatinum (23rd September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Peace&Love (23rd September 2014), TelosianEmbrace (24th September 2014), Tyy1907 (23rd September 2014), WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Norway Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,045 times in 794 posts

Default Re: Oil Pulling: Thousand Year Old Ayurvedic Cures Just About Everything

I'm going to try it myself, looks like it's very benificial to one's well being and health.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to linksplatinum For This Post:

Inaiá (24th September 2014), Joanne Shepard (23rd September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Peace&Love (23rd September 2014), Tyy1907 (23rd September 2014), WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

Quote Posted by Zionbrion (here)
    I have been doing this every morning for 3 months now, i use coconut oil and look forward to it every day.
    What sort of benefit from doing oil pulling have you or any others here have noticed?
    I'm curious if anyone has had the spit analyzed.
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate.
    – Dr. Wayne Dyer

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Czarek For This Post:

Hazel (23rd September 2014), Inaiá (24th September 2014), linksplatinum (23rd September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Peace&Love (23rd September 2014), Rich (23rd September 2014), Sunny-side-up (23rd September 2014), Tyy1907 (23rd September 2014), WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

yes, I would like to know about the effects over time from Avalon members who have tried it, I am thinking about it, but isn't sesame oil very strong tasting?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Inaiá (24th September 2014), linksplatinum (23rd September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Tyy1907 (23rd September 2014), WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,275 times in 1,435 posts

I'm interested in hearing more about how this has benefitted you as well. I'm always open to new healthy .......things.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Inaiá (24th September 2014), linksplatinum (23rd September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Rich (23rd September 2014), WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Ireland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Have bin doing this with urine for the past 2 months... Leaves the mouth feeling really fresh and clean... Hope the piss has health benefits also... Bonus.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to childs hood end For This Post:

WhiteFeather (23rd September 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I remember reading about this about 9 months ago but it didn't really peak my interest. However now that I am getting married soon I wouldn't mind having whiter teeth and I don't want to use teeth whitening products.

Noticed any color change in your tooth enamel?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GrnEggsNHam For This Post:

linksplatinum (24th September 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I have been doing it all year with organic coconut oil, I used to get bad breath a lot but once I started doing it that disappeared after a few days and my teeth have got whiter as well.

I would recommend it to everyone.

btw I have read various descriptions on how to do it, some say do it after a drink of water but this is counter productive, do it when you get up in the morning without having a drink of water, if you drink water you will take some of the bacteria back down to your gut that you are trying to get rid of.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongo For This Post:

GrnEggsNHam (23rd September 2014), Inaiá (24th September 2014), linksplatinum (24th September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Rich (23rd September 2014), Tyy1907 (23rd September 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've been doing it with coconut oil for about 4 months. I had a loose tooth that has tightened up. It certaintly helps with oral hygiene as I'm wearing braces and can't floss. My teeth look a lot cleaner.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homesickalien For This Post:

Inaiá (24th September 2014), Lancelot (23rd September 2014), linksplatinum (24th September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014), Rich (23rd September 2014), TelosianEmbrace (24th September 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by GrnEggsNHam (here)
    I remember reading about this about 9 months ago but it didn't really peak my interest. However now that I am getting married soon I wouldn't mind having whiter teeth and I don't want to use teeth whitening products.

Noticed any color change in your tooth enamel?
    I have noticed a definite change in the whiteness of my teeth, for the better. You can help the whitening process by opening a capsule of activated charcoal and applying that to your teeth. Just not while you're oil pulling.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

GrnEggsNHam (24th September 2014), Inaiá (24th September 2014), linksplatinum (24th September 2014), Nasu (23rd September 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,006 times in 904 posts

there is an identical thread already..... maybe a merge would apply....
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...hlight=pulling

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Atlas (23rd September 2014), Inaiá (24th September 2014), linksplatinum (24th September 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 294 posts

I have been pulling for over five years -found Karachi's article online when I needed dental care but couldn't afford it- Sesame is best for above gum line (where the sensations of improvement over time are felt) Sunflower best for below (teeth- for same reason.) What I didn't appreciate once this thing had approached a 'craze' is the omissions. For instance, pulling brings embryonic parasites and bacteria indiscriminately into the mouth to be spit out, so pulling within four hours after meals and two after drinking can cause digestive disruptions; stomach aches; soar throats and the like. I'm not saying every person recommending it is neglecting to inform others of caveats like this, (another is only use expeller/cold pressed unrefined oils) but I have read a few that are.
    It did not take long before I felt my teeth more firmly rooted to my gums and within the first year I saw plaque build up thinning. I am fairly confident that it saw me through till I could get into the dentist and that it saved me money when it came to correcting my case (several cavities and a a couple dead teeth.)
    A decent cure for episodic insomnia is pulling with Safflower Oil- it knocks me right out. The metabolizing of vitamins a/e plus whatever meager amount of EFA's one can get from the process undoubtedly aids one's immune system etc. I've always had good eyesight so I can't say that's improved but my skin seems more elastic and less oily. Also, I haven't gotten sick for a few years now though much of the good things about my overall state are likely due to a confluence of healthy physical and energetic practices.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boutreality For This Post:

conk (25th September 2014), GrnEggsNHam (24th September 2014), linksplatinum (24th September 2014), Michael Moewes (23rd September 2014), TelosianEmbrace (24th September 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

Quote Posted by childs hood end (here)
    Have bin doing this with urine for the past 2 months... Leaves the mouth feeling really fresh and clean... Hope the piss has health benefits also... Bonus.
    I knew it. The Irish are weird. I'd rather use a decent pint of Gui***s.
    But I think this may work as well for some reason.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

linksplatinum (24th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread