+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The School system, common purpose & social services

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Default The School system, common purpose & social services

I have never been a fan of public schools because of what my children and I went through. So many times, I had wished I could home school them, but I had to pay the bills and couldn't.

I believe that public schools are not about teaching knowledge (limited) as much as indoctrinating the children into obedience to the system. First to the school system and then later on to THE system. From what I learned from one of my college classes, public schools are meant to train kids to become good little workers and followers. Whereas, private schools teach kids to become leaders and bosses, even entrepreneurs. How's that for a butt kicker?

Here's a mom who just had an encounter with her son's school:

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

betoobig (27th September 2014), Frederick Jackson (28th September 2014), Hughe (27th September 2014), karelia (28th September 2014), Michelle Marie (27th September 2014), NancyV (28th September 2014), shadowstalker (27th September 2014), Snookie (27th September 2014), spiritguide (27th September 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

Default Re: The School system, common purpose & social services

My wife and i had been all year looking for alternative schooling with waldorf and montesori type of sistem( till we are ready for homeschooling).. we even thought about moving in another place but by the end of Augost a new school formed by the parents (still not legal here in Spain) opened here.... WONDERFULL
    Here is today´s local press talking about this school here in Burgos, Spain
    http://www.diariodeburgos.es/noticia...corses/sistema
    We have an added issue (not a problem) my 2º son is Lui he was born as Luz (girl) but he is really a boy.(is the one in front looking to camera on the article)
    We where so tired of schoolwork so heavy this days even with 6 year old kids. You can also see this movie
    Anyway, the point is that is great to see more and people getting out, creating new ... new.... everything.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Hervé (28th September 2014), Maia Gabrial (28th September 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I quit public school teaching. I'm creating FOLLOW YOUR HEART Inspirational Education. I'm finishing up a home school INNER WORK book that I used with my son when he was in high school called "What Makes You Happy?". I taught him to follow his heart and learn what inspires him to create what he wishes. He got into making videos. Now he is editing a tv show. He's still in his 20s.

I've written several books and I'm completing 6 programs. I will paste a link with me reading one of my books, "Clothing of the Soul." I'm retired now and trying to raise money or somehow get all 57 books published. Enjoy this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiFF3xUluYw

Love our Children!!!!
    Michelle Marie
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

betoobig (28th September 2014), Cara (28th September 2014), Hervé (28th September 2014), NancyV (28th September 2014), penn (28th September 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I was told when I had graduated high school, that all of us were on an 8th grade level. Can you imagine my shock?

Nowadays, the kids going to college have to take courses just to catch up to what they should have been at for college level.

NOW I know that it's not about making us more intelligent, rather just good little followers/workers.
    I think there's something in Agenda 21 that says people don't need to be educated, just be obedient workers.... F--k Agenda 21!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Hervé (28th September 2014), karelia (28th September 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

I removed my children from school a year before it was legal here in Colorado, 33 years ago. I did so because they were sick all the time (chemical sensitivities). That was a very different reason than most have. I wasn't aware enough to understand the brainwashing system in the schools.

As far as I can tell, there are two basic reasons to want to educate one's own children: to expand their knowledge or to contract their knowledge. The schools contract knowledge by methods of "teaching" that cause a child to hate the process of having facts stuffed into their heads, so they learn as little as possible. Some parents choose to contract knowledge by simply presenting a limited perspective of the world, ie. offering only Creationism as the story of how we got here.

Obviously, I believe the only good reason to remove them is to expand their knowledge base. I suspect the only way to accomplish this is to release the children into the world of unschooling: just let them be alive in an atmosphere of learning (yourself!) and see what happens.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Hervé (28th September 2014), karelia (28th September 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I saw a documentary many years ago (before Lamestream became quiet over important topics that affected us) about how the govt was experimenting on our children through the schools' water. It was very shocking. I can remember being sick myself back then.

I can't remember how many times my granddaughter has come home sick after drinking the water from the fountains at school. We started sending bottled water with her after we'd had enough.

So, I don't think it's just the educational system that's in question; it's the school as an experimental ground for bio testing for the govt..
    Last edited by Maia Gabrial; 30th September 2014 at 14:45.

+ Reply to Thread