+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why is the USDA Buying Submachine guns?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default Why is the USDA Buying Submachine guns?

So, why would the USDA (United States Dairy Association) request submachine guns? Could it be that they plan to do something illegal or are they already doing that? It's just milk, right?

Quote Why Is the USDA Buying Submachine Guns? Sun, September 28, 2014

http://modernfarmer.com
    By Charles McFarlane on September 19, 2014
    USDAGUN3 Why Is the USDA Buying Submachine Guns?

Attachment 27437
    “Submachine guns, .40 Cal. S&W, ambidextrous safety, semi-automatic or 2 shot bur[s]t trigger group, Tritium night sights for front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore grip) and scope (top rear), stock-collapsib[l]e or folding, magazine – 30 rd. capacity.”

In May, the USDA’s Office of Inspector General filed a request for these weapons. But why exactly do they need them?

According to a USDA press rep, the guns are necessary for self-protection.
    “OIG Special Agents regularly conduct undercover operations and surveillance. The types of investigations conducted by OIG Special Agents include criminal activities such as fraud in farm programs; significant thefts of Government property or funds; bribery and extortion; smuggling; and assaults and threats of violence against USDA employees engaged in their official duties,” wrote a USDA spokesperson.

Those seem like legitimate enforcement activities, but still: submachine guns? Not everyone believes the USDA being armed to the teeth is justifiable. On Aug. 2, the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund launched a petition to support a bill that would curb the ability of agencies like the USDA to arm themselves. They see it as overkill and scare tactics, especially for smaller producers.

‘What we have seen happen, with the FDA especially, is they have come onto small farms, raw milk producers, and raided the heck out of them with armed agents present.’
    “What we have seen happen, with the FDA especially, is they have come onto small farms, raw milk producers, and raided the heck out of them with armed agents present,” says Liz Reitzig, co-founder of the Farm Food Freedom Coalition. “Do we really want to have our federal regulatory agencies bring submachine guns onto these family farms with children?”

The Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund petition focuses on two now infamous blows to the raw milk community – the 2010 and 2011 raids on Rawsome Food Club in Venice, California. These raids were carried out by armed federal agents, from the FDA and other agencies.

The OIG’s Investigation Development bulletins show there have been three incidents in the last year that involved firearms and two in which USDA agents were verbally threatened. Still, most of their enforcement operations surround white-collar fraud of government programs, often involving SNAP programs. “If there is fraud in the SNAP program, look at how it is implemented and make changes in the entire program,” says Reitzig. “Don’t bring machine guns onto farms.”

The Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund are not the only ones interested in taking guns out of the hands of USDA agents. Utah Congressman Chris Stewart is the sponsor of the bill on the FTCLDF petition. “At its heart it comes down to this: To myself, and for a lot of Americans, there is great concern over regulator agencies with heavy handed capabilities,” Rep. Stewart told Modern Farmer.

His bill, H.R. 4934, hopes “to prohibit certain federal agencies from using or purchasing certain firearms, and for other purposes.” When asked about the USDA’s plan for submachine guns, he said, “I can’t envision a scenario where what they are doing would require that.”

Another concern is simply accountability. The request for submachine guns from the USDA doesn’t say how many guns — asking them seems like a non-starter. “They have been very unhelpful in trying to find out any information about this,” said Rep. Stewart. “We couldn’t get answers — it doesn’t seem right to me.”

However, he also cautioned: “We have never argued that federal regulators don’t need to protect themselves.” But if USDA investigations were perceived to be potentially violent he suggested, “They should do what the rest of us do, call the local sheriff.”
    If you noticed, the Rockefeller-owned FDA, hence, the Rockefellers have their hands in this, too?

What wouldn't those wiley Rockefellers NOT do?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Atlas (1st October 2014), ghostrider (30th September 2014), Lifebringer (29th September 2014), Nasu (29th September 2014), Omni (6th October 2014), shadowstalker (29th September 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (30th September 2014), Nasu (29th September 2014), shadowstalker (29th September 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Default Re: Why is the USDA Buying Submachine guns?

I think USDA is the acronym for United States Department of Agriculture. But you are right anyway, why are a bunch of farmers buying weapons? They surely don't need machine guns to keep the crows from eating their crops.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Atlas (1st October 2014), Maia Gabrial (30th September 2014), Shezbeth (30th September 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

For the Contras, of course.

Duh.

8. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Militant Lactose Intolerant Bastards, MLIBs, I feel a new Miles Johnston interview coming, do we have white goo too now?

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Every single government agency is arming themselves , they are preparing for martial law , once it is declared , you won't be able to get your hands on military grade weapons ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Think about it. You won't be able to get your hands on healthy foods and milk.... Only the junk they provide. They'll try to stop you from growing your own, too.

There was a time when I could grow my own veggies from the seeds of the fresh veggies I bought from the produce section. Now, it's very difficult.

But I also discovered something else. They can do something to store bought soil, too. Every one of my plants died from this brand I bought. I tossed the bag, otherwise, I'd name it for you.

I can tell you that I'll be replanting soon just to get my plants out of that damn soil. But I'm thoroughly disgusted with the way all the Lawless profit on the junk they sell.
    Last edited by Maia Gabrial; 30th September 2014 at 14:29.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

conk (30th September 2014)

12. Link to Post #8
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Ok so I buy cotton candy.

I give my cotton candy to a kid in a hospital who isn't supposed to be eating cotton candy.

But as far as you are concerned, sitting on the bench outside the hospital, you think I'm eating it. If you know I'm diabetic, you'll be thinking "that's odd, he's diabetic and he's buying cotton candy."

Now y'all....who is this cotton candy *really* for?

I doubt very much the weapons in question are ever going to be used on this continent.

+ Reply to Thread