http://www.trueactivist.com/science-...od-for-health/

Click image for larger version

Name:	tree-hug.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	27455

June 23, 2014 by Amanda Froelich

Powered by Translate

It has now been confirmed by science that hugging trees can beneficially affect human health by altering vibrational frequency.
    tree hug

Image Credit: Flickr / Andrea Willa

By: Amanda Froelich

True Activist.

Hugging a tree may have gained popularity as a maligned hippy practice, but it has now been validated by science to be incredibly beneficial for both people and the planet. Contrary to popular belief, hugging – or even just being in the vicinity of – a tree can boost one’s health in several ways.

In a recently published book by author Matthew Silverstone, Blinded by Science, evidence confirming trees and their healthful benefits includes their effect on mental illnesses, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), concentration levels, reaction times, depression, and the ability to alleviate headaches.

According to countless studies cited within the book, children show extreme psychological and physiological effects in term of improved health and well-being when they interact with plants. It was recorded that children function better cognitively and emotionally in green environments and have more creative play in green areas.

A large public health report studying the association between green spaces and mental health also noted that “access to nature can significantly contribute to our mental capability and well being.”

What is it about nature that can cause significant alleviation of symptoms? Many might think it’s open green spaces that contribute to this effect, but Silverstone shows that it’s more than this theory; instead, he explains how it’s the vibrational properties of trees and plants that offer the health benefits – not just open spaces.

Because everything vibrates, different vibrations undoubtedly affect biological behaviors. According to Natural News, it has been proven that that if one were to drink a glass of water that has been treated with a 10Hz vibration, one’s blood coagulation rates will change immediately upon ingesting the treated water.

Similarly, trees affect human beings (and all other creatures) in the same way. When one touches a tree, its different vibrational pattern will affect various biological behaviors within the body.

Within Blinded by Science, such theory is backed up by hundreds of scientifically validated studies, providing overwhelming proof that tree hugging is not just for hippies, it’s for everyone.

Not only is clutching a giant, sturdy oak therapeutic and free, it could offer a plethora of benefits and save the populace a large amount in healthcare costs.

A similar report documenting the effects of nature and improving health reported that “safe, green spaces may be as effective as prescription drugs in treating some forms of mental illnesses.”

Human beings can only live outside of the laws of nature for so long before symptoms of disconnect be made manifest. With the increasing prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases, it’s clear more attention deserves to be given to holistic practices such as this one, so that the cause of imbalance be alleviated and lifestyle-related illnesses dissipate.

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/science-...od-for-health/

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wyrmspleen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014), Apulu (1st October 2014), Art (2nd October 2014), Billy (1st October 2014), ElfeMya (1st October 2014), Happyjak (1st October 2014), justntime2learn (1st October 2014), KaiLee (1st October 2014), Lifebringer (1st October 2014), MorningSong (1st October 2014), Nasu (1st October 2014), Pam (1st October 2014), Skyhaven (1st October 2014), Spiral of Light (1st October 2014), transiten (1st October 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Science Proves Hugging Trees Is Good for Health

Also this is a great documentary... for everyone who Loves Nature

Grounded Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZSCO_f5u0

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wyrmspleen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014), Apulu (1st October 2014), Art (2nd October 2014), justntime2learn (1st October 2014), MorningSong (1st October 2014), Peace&Love (1st October 2014), transiten (1st October 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Retired Member KaiLee's Avatar
    Thanks

A friend of mine who has now passed always encouraged me to hug trees. I don't need science to tell me it's good for me....and the tree

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KaiLee For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014), Happyjak (1st October 2014), justntime2learn (1st October 2014), Pam (1st October 2014), Peace&Love (1st October 2014), transiten (1st October 2014), Wyrmspleen (1st October 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Spiral of Light's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 times in 163 posts

I've always known this to be true.

This is my meditation tree where I love to sit so that I can lean up against its comforting trunk. I hug it frequently, too. It has such good energy!

Name:  meditation tree.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  53.0 KB
    Last edited by Spiral of Light; 1st October 2014 at 11:29.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014), Art (2nd October 2014), conk (1st October 2014), Happyjak (1st October 2014), Nasu (1st October 2014), Pam (1st October 2014), Peace&Love (1st October 2014), transiten (1st October 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,680 times in 3,333 posts

I love this thread!!!!!! I have always noticed the benefit of physical contact with a tree and have always had a reverence for them. In fact I'm making it a point to hug a tree today....Spiral of Light, I love your beautiful little meditation place...It looks like you have the benefit of being seated on a stone as well as the tree....not to mention the lovely view.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014), Art (2nd October 2014), ElfeMya (1st October 2014), Happyjak (1st October 2014), justntime2learn (1st October 2014), sandy (2nd October 2014), Spiral of Light (1st October 2014), transiten (1st October 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

I'm a hugger ! Thanks for the thread ! <3
    Love and Light

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014), Happyjak (1st October 2014), justntime2learn (1st October 2014), transiten (1st October 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Zionbrion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 times in 406 posts

From my favorite buddhist writer, Tich Naht Hanh

When we hug, our hearts connect and we know that we are not separate beings. Hugging with mindfulness and concentration can bring reconciliation, healing, understanding, and much happiness. The practice of mindful hugging has helped so many to reconcile with each other- fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, friends and friends, and so many others.

We may practice hugging meditation with a friend, our daughter, our father, our partner or even with a tree. To practice, we first bow and recognize the presence of each other. Then we can enjoy three deep conscious breaths to bring ourselves fully there. We then may open your arms and begin hugging. Holding each other for three in-and-out breaths. With the first breath, we are aware that we are present in this very moment and we are happy. With the second breath, we are aware that the other is present in this moment and we are happy as well. With the third breath, we are aware that we are here together, right now on this earth, and we feel deep gratitude and happiness for our togetherness. We then may release the other person and bow to each other to show our thanks.

When we hug in such a way, the other person becomes real and alive. We do not need to wait until one of us is ready to depart for a trip, we may hug right now and receive the warmth and stability of our friend in the present moment. Hugging can be a deep practice of reconciliation. During the silent hugging, the message can come out very clear: “Darling, you are precious to me. I am sorry I have not been mindful and considerate. I have made mistakes. Allow me to begin anew. I Promise.”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zionbrion For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Absolutely!

I put this thread up yesterday:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Heal-For-Free
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

American Indians teach that sitting with your back against a pine tree will alleviate the pain of arthritis.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd October 2014), sandy (2nd October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread