+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why Teal Scott/Swan and the Whole Spiritual Movement is Dangerous! (Video)

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

Default Re: Why Teal Scott/Swan and the Whole Spiritual Movement is Dangerous! (Video)

I totally agree Jake, but consider this: if Jessica is using LIES to boost her sales or in competition with Teal, that’s a crime. If it effected Teal negatively, she has a pretty solid court case for slander or perjury or something? Do you really believe she wouldn’t at least address Cameron’s claims (if not sue)?

Do you believe Cameron’s motivation is negative?

Can you get anything out of the discussion, doing what I did, for the purposes of the exercise, remove “jessica” from consideration?

Otherwise, that seems to support a thorough investigation of the character of everyone involved…especially Teal?

Also: can you imagine it possible Jessica walking the path Teal took, learning from it, and changing?

2. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Default Re: Why Teal Scott/Swan and the Whole Spiritual Movement is Dangerous! (Video)

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    I totally agree Jake, but consider this: if Jessica is using LIES to boost her sales or in competition with Teal, that’s a crime. If it effected Teal negatively, she has a pretty solid court case for slander or perjury or something? Do you really believe she wouldn’t at least address Cameron’s claims (if not sue)?

Do you believe Cameron’s motivation is negative?

Can you get anything out of the discussion, doing what I did, for the purposes of the exercise, remove “jessica” from consideration?

Otherwise, that seems to support a thorough investigation of the character of everyone involved…especially Teal?

Also: can you imagine it possible Jessica walking the path Teal took, learning from it, and changing?
    I can't say that I think that Cameron's motivation is negative. I can't say that Jessica's motivation is negative either. Jessica can be telling the whole truth,, but only doing so to boost sales.. That too, is suspect to me..

Very good point about being able to sue for libel and slander. Admittedly, I am not an expert in the law with these regards..

I listened closely to Cameron's story, and I read the transcript too. Man-o-man,, I can see that it may have played out exactly the way she describes it. Maybe it IS responsible for her and Jessica to expose it..

Jessica is on record saying that teaching spirituality is akin to CHILD ABUSE... The very same thing that she has demonized Teal for discussing in her own life... Who has the better definition of child abuse??

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

donk (22nd October 2014), Krist (2nd November 2014), Wind (22nd October 2014)

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,406 times in 5,730 posts

heh...i wrote my post before seeing your edit...I feel like I'm on your wavelength!

Quote she IMO mixes things up by her focus of attention
    This is kinda funny, I was thinking about how focus around is hard to direct more toward substance and away from emotional attachments. Threads become people’s feelings about the characters or particular ideas, and often the complete opposite direction of any real information exchange or better understanding of our shared reality. Always baby steps, I guess…
    Hi,
    I think we do share a wavelength. In the posts I see from you, I notice you are questioning ideas and I also question them. Questionning seems to bring some immunity to being persuaded? It seems a stable way to investigate the collective thought stream. If you value thinking for yourself and not just thinking what is given, questions are IMO like leverage.

The thing about media is that not just the mainstream is presenting "untruth". IMO anything that is without a whole context is not true in itself. So if someone presents a part truth, without the whole idea (that they may be actually with-holding) IMO it is unreliable. In you tube culture, people can see a video and never know what the presenting person is really up to behind the screen. IMO, it is weird how out of context information may be, but people just agree or never disagree.

Yes, cults of personality seem easily created and not easily challenged. I have no idea why this is so? I am always wondering what the principles are underneath so I can also like you said

Quote break(ing) down the artificial complexities (which exist because of our emotional attachments we may not necessarily have a rational/experiential basis for healthily holding on to) to get to the core of what is actually REAL…(or at least what seems the most real to the most perspectives—I’m not convinced of any truths outside of “I am”, and even that is negotiable, to me).
    Jessica seems to be competing with Teal. She made the point that she was famous as a new age Crystal Child on Camelot. From other writing, I think she was hurt in some way? Now she seems in reaction to something, seems enthralled by her own guru, seems in need of tearing all "new age" teachers up. Cameron gave her a platform. Cameron came across quite calm, just seeking clarity over her experience. Jessica was seeming angry in general. People will probably just like Teal more if they already like Teal and want to stay liking Teal. If people know that is what is their value, fine, no problem.

If one is unquestioning (therefore asserting some "boundary") while looking at media, and has little POV, IMO one is just possibly an open vessel. I have some questions about what energetically we may ingest as the "real" vibe when we just want the "ideal" vibe suggested in a message. The signature of a person is whole when you can observe from an energy level. Are we adopting all the energy when we just "take it all in" even if not spelled out? I did not make this idea up as to the way that memes contain an energetic history we accept along with the thought form.

Personally I think we can exclude energetically unwanted material by countering with our own response? That is if we want to "go there" and look at something.
    So, not to stifle anyone in the collective broadcast and to take in the 90% of what is valuable, one IMO can have one's own (maybe provisional, altering and evolving) position to place as a counter point for the broadcast. In my seeking of ideas that I can love, I do want to use my (changing though it may be) view as my balance point. IM0 by talking back in posts when it is about something we are investigating, since this is a forum, we are asserting our own ability to stand for what seems our present truth.

You said something funny to me about Cameron walking in to Teal's house. If Teal does one thing well, it is inviting us to enter her "space" and feel like she is a friend. She can be a fantasy of the ideal GF (as evidenced by the hot comments she receives) on youtube. I have no question about gaps between ideals and reals in all of us. The defense of Teal is she is "real".

What is somewhat crazy making IF people do decide to make her really "real" by actually moving to her house, you observe a friend who clearly demonstrates on the shadow house videos (that are down now) how unsafe her behavior can be. This was true with the drama of Fallon, her ex BF, and Cameron where Teal took Byron Katies "work" and used it strangely: aimed the household "judge your neighbor" at Cameron. This was an entirely weird use of the material meant to honor how we turn judgements around on others when it is our own action we are judging.

Teal also blogs and you see how she is thinking and sure she makes sense. Maybe people just like that conviction? That conviction is a bit dicey. If we are not already strong, it could sway us in a direction we really never intended?

Teal is in a way fascinating to me as a sociology study and as a Galactic sociologist (hehe) I like observing these trends.
    Last edited by Delight; 22nd October 2014 at 20:39.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

donk (22nd October 2014), Krist (2nd November 2014), PurpleLama (23rd October 2014)

6. Link to Post #64
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question Re: Why Teal Scott/Swan and the Whole Spiritual Movement is Dangerous! (Video)

Here's something you might enjoy observing Maggie ...

Tom Cruise Brings His Scientology Medal Out Of The Closet

Quote Tom Cruise has been spotted in England with a Scientology medal of valor that he hasn’t been seen in for 10 years. Is there some significance to this public display, and what else is going on in the higher echelons of the Church of Scientology? We get a look at the strange playbook of L. Ron Hubbard being executed by David Miscavige and his underlings in this Media Mayhem with guest, Tony Ortega.

GUEST BIO:
    Tony Ortega is executive editor of The Raw Story and is formerly the editor of The Village Voice. He's written about Scientology since 1995, and has a forthcoming book about the subject.
    Published on Oct 21, 2014

7. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Wow, Maggie, I am totally tuned in to what you are saying, you eloquently elaborated a lot of points I was trying to make.

I am fascinated by this whole thing from a completely different angle, though. I did not recognize Jessica from the Camelot videos (though I’m starting to feel like I kinda may…jnow that we’re talking about it), so now I have to go back…

See, in the posted interviews, she rarely (but definitely did, occasionally) revealed anything in opposition to my personal beliefs, I felt she did some emotional attachment but controlled it fairly well (at first, the more they got into it, the more she got in the mode I see a lot of catty people getting into…bordering on and even falling into straight gossip)…enough so that to me, it was more a platform for Cameron sharing her “truth” rather than being a jessicamystic show.

Cuz I have to be honest, the first 20-30 minutes or whatever I had to rewatch, as I realized I was watching it as if the interviewer was reasonably unattached in the subject matter….as soon as I heard “jessicamystic” red flags went off, and I re-watched keeping in check my wariness of “alt media celebs” while keeping an awareness that she PROBABLY has an agenda. As a whole though, I feel she did a decent job making it appear at least to be pretty objective for the most part.

So to round up this off-topic thought, the surface glance I took of the jessicamystic intrigued the cosmic sociologist in myself. I totally realize I had to consciously project all the assumptions that I was looking at a fractal, Jess pointing at Teal looking at Jess who is the same……whatever, trying to look at it from other angles than my gut reaction. So just scrolling down real quick, her front page in big shiny letters were pretty much apologies for who she was and expressing how she learned and grew and changed. Isn’t that a lot of what this all about, for most people? Wouldn’t it be a pleasant surprise, if that were the case? Maybe I will take the time to look…at the moment my attention is on the phenomon or journey or whatever, rather than any specific individuals…

….but I always am on the lookout, for the gurus who have been mislead, or mislead themselves, to actually take their own advice to heart, to walk their walk…what a wonderful redemption story that would be….a meta-escape from the V-P-S cycle…

8. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

Quote Here's something you might enjoy observing Maggie ...
    I know I will...thanks for that Gio!!

9. Link to Post #67
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Marty TRing ...

10. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

So to round up this off-topic thought, the surface glance I took of the jessicamystic intrigued the cosmic sociologist in myself. I totally realize I had to consciously project all the assumptions that I was looking at a fractal, Jess pointing at Teal looking at Jess who is the same……whatever, trying to look at it from other angles than my gut reaction. So just scrolling down real quick, her front page in big shiny letters were pretty much apologies for who she was and expressing how she learned and grew and changed. Isn’t that a lot of what this all about, for most people? Wouldn’t it be a pleasant surprise, if that were the case? Maybe I will take the time to look…at the moment my attention is on the phenomon or journey or whatever, rather than any specific individuals…

….but I always am on the lookout, for the gurus who have been mislead, or mislead themselves, to actually take their own advice to heart, to walk their walk…what a wonderful redemption story that would be….a meta-escape from the V-P-S cycle…
    I do think Jessica appears to have been disillusioned in her participation in "new age" circles. Her posts that I have read about Teal before were angry and mean IMO. She is part of what looks like a new kind of enterprise like an "anti cult cult" as it acts in ways like cults do except it says it does not. It is against all beliefs. Isn't not believing in beliefs a belief?

It is quite clear that they are against all new age beliefs and kind of devolve to ugly pictures of the ones they sure seem to have grudges to settle by the way they do the photoshopping. It's on http://www.jessicamystic.com/

IMO, how can we outpicture any sort of "reality" that is not somehow a believed structure? IMO even David Icke says that the Matrix we have is a hacked version of another matrix? And without a way to organize perception, how could we make sense of what we see? Just lines and squiggles? It is the intention of End of Fear Coaching to rid us of belief. It will take a year at least and 1700 pounds (I think or euros) if paid up front to make the break.

If you listen to the 5 hours of the interview, IMO Jessica contradicts herself several times about "belief". For instance in regards to the EOF that she suggests Cameron do, she says something that is IMO a belief...(paraphrased) that people need to pay for things to appreciate the value (so free coaching would not be as appreciated). This is a common belief of commerce.

And Jessica must know there are aliens and know that they don't like us as she mentions them a couple of times at least (or does she really just believe?) Also, when they (the EOFers) are not believers, but we unenlightened (oh I forgot, enlightened has a special meaning and does not exist)are believers, on what grounds will be able to have a discussion about any variation on POV?

I for instance have no intention of giving up the right to POV. I have no interest in throwing all the new age ideas out. I have no interest so I am sure they would see me as a victim of my beliefs (hehe).

That is fine! If I just want to realize how my beliefs shape and in this matrix, craft the ones that will make me a life that is believed to be valuable, thank my inner individual heaven, I have that freedom. I love to believe in their unbelievable things all day....Things like compassion, meditation, words of wisdom, grace, beauty, no fear= allowing of what others believe does not mean a fight. I also believe to focus elsewhere than mere survival can lead to thrival. Maybe they might agree there except it is still in my belief stage so maybe not?

...all that is just unbelievably needing to be ditched in the EOF "way" from what I see is an un-necessary cost of 1700 whatevers.

IMO Jessica has fallen in the crack of cynical that opened up from disillusion. That is IMO not what I am interested in doing either so I do feel "unbelievable" compassion (per Jessica's statement on compassion) for all of us as we attempt to reach meta-E-scape, land where we can have some new adventures.
    Last edited by Delight; 22nd October 2014 at 23:41.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Akasha (23rd October 2014), Jake (22nd October 2014), Krist (2nd November 2014), PurpleLama (6th June 2016), Wind (22nd October 2014)

12. Link to Post #69
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    I just had to speak up here as I have been struggling with my own strength in the face of disillusion and fear... not with Teal but doubt in my own faith in core principles.

I do not see her Teal as dangerous except maybe for herself. She has to live with herself while followers and family can come and go. I also consider the only danger in "new age" is seeing no distinction between what is called the "new age" commercial sales programs and what IS empowered spiritual development. It is like when kids mistake Shakespeare and the cliff notes bullet points.

IMO, If people want to throw out what is false (the perhaps 10% of disinfo) and keep what is true (the 90% of rock solid), it takes quite a great sense of strength FIRST. You can't ask someone and get a ready answer. And actually the dance between the faux guru and the followers will make all parties dizzy so all my fall in a crack of disillusion. Teal has said recently in a quote that cynicism is a defense against disappointment (paraphrase).

For anyone who has been following Teal, who has followed new age ideas, one would suspect that she reads lots of books. When she claimed she had never read Abraham Hicks, I was amused. The interview with cameron was no surprise there. She is possibly like what is claimed of JZ Knight reading and memorizing and failing to give attribution for her teachings. This pulls her out of integrity. IMO this a lack of integrity approach to "spiritual" teaching ends up rebounding negatively.

IMO a person who wants to be famous (as she will tell you in her blogs) through being a new age spiritual leader is setting herself up for misery. It IMO is not a really healthy way to deal with material issues of seeking wealth and attention. The people who have tried it look to end badly.

Teal uses the youtube culture in a business plan tapping the current desire for spiritual guidance as self help. She models blatant sexual allure and horror titillation starting with her story that she plays up. Her business model is a self published book, offering free videos to build an audience, getting a book deal from Hay house, blogging her own story, becoming "controversial" (she uses that word) to continue building interest.

She reminds me of L Ron Hubbard quite a bit. One can see the analogy very clearly if one studies "spiritualized narcissm". It is really a sad kind of suffering.
    L Ron Hubbard ended up terrified and died in hiding paranoia. Who cares about fame or money when sick and paranoid? If you study the biographies there is a strange correlation between seeking fame by manipulating spiritual ideas and a not so happy ending to a life story.

Best to all seekers including Teal, Maggie
    I have heard Teal refer to Abraham Hicks a few times.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Very good points being discussed. I can't recognize any of it. I've heard Teal speak dozens of times. Her story IS disturbing. So is Camerons... I see a conflict of interest in Jessicas goal to:

1) Make sure that she demonizes Teal, and she is sure to include shots at David Icke too.. ??
    2) Make sure that she continues to sell her own brand of 'healing'.

I see it as a conflict of interest. Surely her 'sales' are boosted by her 'negative advertising' of the 'competition'...

For all I know, Teal is exactly who she says she is,,, maybe not.

The little skeptic that sits on my shoulder is warning me of the desire of Jessica to make money from demonizing folks in the New Age movement...

Though, my little skeptic is often wrong..

Cheers
    Jake.
    My thoughts almost exactly.

Teal has skirted where Fritz Springmeier dared to go and I'm amazed she only has this stuff to perhaps deal with, if she deals with it.
    No more perfect place than Avalon to smear her. Just because there are so many readers. It's all words. What is "spirituality"?
    Last edited by CdnSirian; 23rd October 2014 at 00:15.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

Akasha (23rd October 2014), Jake (23rd October 2014), Krist (2nd November 2014)

14. Link to Post #70
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)

I have heard Teal refer to Abraham Hicks a few times......

No more perfect place than Avalon to smear her. Just because there are so many readers. It's all words. What is "spirituality"?
    I do not think I was smearing her (and maybe you do not mean me personally and no offense taken) by discussing what I consider to be evidence of issues of integrity concerning her claims. They could seem like smears but maybe they are important in issues of my trust? I do acknowledge a lack of trust in Teal's veracity. Yet, I do wish her well as a person and won't talk about her more. Maggie

But anyway since I did not give attribution for my statements, I will.

3/28/2013, in an interview with Nova Zimm, she said she had only just heard about Abraham Hicks about a year before...

At 20:10 she says she considers Abraham accurate but Esther is still a physical human while she is more like Abraham manifested.

In May, 2011 a Jason Freeman (who has been observed to be possibly her business partner Blake by researchers who do not much appreciate aggressive marketing if it is under false pretenses) put this on a forum:

Quote Hello all,
    I am a free lance journalist who is a long time devotee of a teacher called Teal Scott (The spiritual catalyst)
    When I was discussing Teal's teachings to a friend a while back, they said wow... That sounds just like what Abraham is saying. So, I decided to check it out.
    I love the messages of both these Teachers (which are so very similar) I can't tell you the good it has brought to my life. I believe we are presented teachers just when we need them most. http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...al-Catalyst%29
    Here is a possibly derivative not acknowledged and also kind of missing a meaning Abraham Hicks gives take on manifestation in 7/23/2012 :

Quote I have read teal describe 3 step of manifestation.....
    Which are Step 1, you experience the contrast which cause you to ask
    Step 2, You line up with the experience
    Step 3, the experience manifest.

Upon reading this I though, oh that is essentially the same as the 3 step Abraham describe, but looking up Abraham's three steps, I realised that although similar there is a change that alters the way one might look at the idea to manifestation.
    Abrahams are Step 1, you experience the contrast which causes you to ask
    Step 2, An answer is given
    Step 3, You line up with it and allow that answer that has been given, ie it manifests

Teals steps essential miss step 2 and split step 3 in two steps, so it seem that it is actually teals perspective that is missing a step, and a very important one a that, and that is that as soon as we ask, it is done, and all we need to is release resistance towards its doneness to see it manifest.

So on one had you have a teacher who is teaching from the perspective that what you want is done, and on the other hand you have a teacher who is teaching from the perspective that you can create what is wanted if you achieve a vibration that it is done, which means why you are spending time trying to figure out what is holding you back, you are not enjoying the fact that is it done and therefore not allowing it. http://www.thespiritscience.net/foru...=8218&start=15

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Delight For This Post:

donk (23rd October 2014)

16. Link to Post #71
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

Delight: I'm sorry I should have included the OP on that statement!

I find little difference in what Teal or Abraham says. Abraham changes the wording and the angle at least once a year. But not the basic concept. I think that humans don't get it so a turn of phrase is adopted by this or that teacher. I have seen Bashar do that too.

I would love to be able to know everyone's background and everyone's authenticity but it's not possible.

"she says she considers Abraham accurate but Esther is still a physical human while she is more like Abraham manifested." That's a strange thing to say as we're all manifestations of Source. And she's obviously a physical human too.

Oh well - it is a strange world isn't it? The scarcity/clawing in the competition affects many. We'll see how Teal/Jessica/Cameron do. Perhaps quite well, and without any of us.

Thanks for replying.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

donk (23rd October 2014)

18. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    it is a strange world isn't it? The scarcity/clawing in the competition affects many.
    The OP here was the title I think of the Jessica Schaub interview with Cameron Clark...both seekers like me. And yes, Teal is seeking. There is that proverb "Seeking is not Finding". I happened on this video today. It is a recording from one of the 20th century "trance channels" Jane Roberts who was the voice of Seth.

Probably many people have encountered ideas that were brought to our attention from Seth materials and those materials like this Seth material. IMO they are profound and I am just not able to dissuade my self that this kind of information has any danger in itself at all.

I love PA for the variety of content people bring here. IMO, I can have my own solid base of "finding" my inner connection to what may well be the "source" of all information. Then I may play and sift valuable to me info reflected "outside". This is what the mind IMO likes to do.

I am not particularly concerned that I am still in love with information and seeking to refine ideas For my Own use. I LOVE information and I love beauty and I love elegance and I love being able to think about things, challenge thoughts and see the way thoughts may be used and so what. I get to share what I love and so what if I am sharing just because I love sharing ideas and not because I am a sage. I do also challenge what looks very snarky IMO as it just looks like that to me and but so what.

So just to ask like a rhetorical type question: "What is dangerous in the new age?" It is the sheer magnitude of thoughts and IMO mistaking thoughts for the thinker. But this is NOT going to kill us as I seriously doubt the thinker is mortal.....
    People (like me) may go through many phases of seeking (whatever) but so what? (a Bashar expletive)
    People may be entangled in the machinations of people who need others to survive (AND WHO USE INFORMATION AND BELIEF TO ENTANGLE) as they cannot survive by themselves but so what?
    Poeple may be deluded by the astral PLETHORA but so what?
    People may never seem to find what they think is real because it is something they thought to think and they are searching and searching to find but so what?

The "so what" is about the difference between a point of power that IS within, mistaking what can be believed for who "thunk it up".
    I know that "I am within" this Consciousness/energy (I dunno...beyond belief) as well as that I am in my house at the moment...that matter of fact just seems to be true.

I entertain that we are here playing with belief itself and what that demonstrates.
    Belief is what I use to make a picture of the house and "me" and "you".
    The power IN me makes the picture.
    That power is not the beliefs and so what.
    It is FELT and I am pretty sure we ALL have this access to power.

EDIT
    SO... going back to danger, IF we insist on using thought and ideas against ourselves and believe in what makes us personally deeply unhappy, it feels quite yucky. But so what really, IF we can just learn who is doing what?

IF we insist that this yuck is "Real"and that we have no power to change our mind, IMO that could be perceived then experienced badly as my case in point with Messianic paranoia beliefs projected. People who think that life is a certain way will seem to have that happen...this is demonstrated over and over in "history".

IF life is perceived from a down low perspective like with the V-P-S triad belief, UNTIL we change our mind, we are in a bind IMO.
    Last edited by Delight; 23rd October 2014 at 18:33.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

donk (23rd October 2014), Wind (23rd October 2014)

20. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

So what?

In my experience, beliefs (any, potentially) can be dangerous to people who aren't in as good a relationship with reality and themselves. Lying to ourselves leads to waste of life, so i try to live my life in a way counter to that way I have been taught, as have all others I've encountered in this reality I find myself immersed in.

I try to be an example, creating a reality where I encourage all others I share it with to do the same (seek, that is, truth...hunt & expose, the lies we tell ourselves)

So what, indeed...on the grand scheme it means next to nothing, in my day to day reality however, it is my purpose to find truth

21. Link to Post #74
    Thanks

So what?

In my experience, beliefs (any, potentially) can be dangerous to people who aren't in as good a relationship with reality and themselves. Lying to ourselves leads to waste of life, so i try to live my life in a way counter to that way I have been taught, as have all others I've encountered in this reality I find myself immersed in.

I try to be an example, creating a reality where I encourage all others I share it with to do the same (seek, that is, truth...hunt & expose, the lies we tell ourselves)

So what, indeed...on the grand scheme it means next to nothing, in my day to day reality however, it is my purpose to find truth
    Hi Donk,
    I am sure what you want for others is a reality I also appreciate so thank you. If anything, given how so many cannot share my perception of what seems really true, there must be some strange case of parallel reality tunnels? I know that others do not share my preoccupations. Is this going to make me stop being occupied by my own interests, no, so I can't see attempting to stop others will work?

It is just really weird that this "life" has so many different people seeing things all differently? For instance with the OP, Jessica now holds so much conviction for the new age being dangerous in itself. To rise out of an argument with "is this "true" or "not true", I simply do entertain that all of what people think must be true enough for them. When people see their beliefs appearing to them as true, how can I argue?

Maybe I think I can argue through "principles" but that does not seem convincing to others unless they share my POV already hehe.

Quote “When we meet somebody whose separate tunnel-reality is obviously far different from ours, we are a bit frightened and always disoriented. We tend to think they are mad, or that they are crooks trying to con us in some way, or that they are hoaxers playing a joke. Yet it is neurologically obvious that no two brains have the same genetically-programmed hard wiring, the same imprints, the same conditioning, the same learning experiences. We are all living in separate realities. That is why communication fails so often, and misunderstandings and resentments are so common. I say "meow" and you say "Bow-wow," and each of us is convinced the other is a bit dumb.”
    ― Robert Anton Wilson, Prometheus Rising
    If there are larger meta-scapes of structure that can hang many individual beliefs...like having bodies, having a world with gravity and an atmosphere, IMO in these we have larger common beliefs.

Actually having any aspect of what seems to be in "my life" compare as truth or not truth is futile IMO to discuss with others. However it is interesting to ME to discuss the entertainment that when we make something real for us it seems to happen by our own minds. I have seen over and over that this seems "true" in my family and friends, and in my experience, not just in concept on a forum.

I know from my experience that I am not sensitive to viruses for example but others I know insist there are viruses that will attack. Is this "virus" real or not real? Must be a "true" experience for many as they seem to be ill. The details of what we see happen get finer and finer the closer you look. I don't meet aliens but many are sure they do meet them..Is that true or NOT true? I actually do not really care if I meet aliens so am I just excluding the EXPERIENCE by my lack of interest? Would it ever do any good to argue my not meeting them when others have the interest in aliens?

And so I suspect that we can change but that we cannot change others. Maybe examples of what looks to work "better" for certain intentions "in life"and what does not work end up being collected in some sort of cosmic DSM codex like the akashic hehe? Maybe whole groups of thinkers siphon off the examples and act them out?

It seems sort of ironic that there is the expression (paraphrase)"those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it>"From my weirdish vantage point is looks the opposite like "Those who remember the past are RE-MEMbering a page from the history and then replicate".

In school we had advanced nurse practitioner handbooks like cook books which we had to use to treat conditions. It then made us slot people's conditions but it was mandatory to use them. The labels were then carried off like truth. It said nothing about truth but I noticed how sticky the labels become and people declare "I have (the label)". Dr. Joe Dispenza says we are the placebo and the nocebo by our attention to the meanings we give. Bashar says we give all the meaning there is to anything. This seems a truth.

The cookbook approach to creating diagnosis that those labeled may live out seems like a similar version of how people script memes and they replicate as long as adopted. Teal promotes "sex sells" Jessica's "money spent increases value given" replicates. These are arbitrary and nor"true" until agreed IMO.

Those who agree will probably find that they feel satisfied by the "truth" there.

If there is truth, personally I entertain it is in the "way things work" and not what is created by the way things work. So I say like Neville Goddard...god is the imagination. The mind is informational and creates. Intelligence is using the mind in more elegant ways....
    Quote “Intelligence is the capacity to receive, decode and transmit information efficiently. Stupidity is blockage of this process at any point. Bigotry, ideologies etc. block the ability to receive; robotic reality-tunnels block the ability to decode or integrate new signals; censorship blocks transmission.”
    ― Robert Anton Wilson
    Last edited by Delight; 23rd October 2014 at 21:47.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

donk (30th October 2014), PurpleLama (27th October 2014)

23. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

6 Hours video watching to find out if it is worth it or not?

You are having wrong idea on Avalonian's leisure time.
    Just give the highlights.
    Love and Hope

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Shezbeth (24th October 2014)

25. Link to Post #76
    United States Avalon Member Kelly Anne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clarity (here)
    A little of topic I know but .......

Quote Has anyone listened to the videos? Particularly the last one?
    I've noticed very often people post or respond without even reading or listening to the attachments. Why??????
    Why take the time to give your thoughts and opinions if you don't fully understand what exactly you are responding to.
    Clarity...I would be one of those people...and here is why:

i'm video'd out at the moment...I've sooo shoved 'spirituality' video's, essays, quotes, so to speak and have participated in groups (one now which brought me to this thread) that what I've seen is that whatever it is...the "New Age Movement", "Spirituality", "Awakening"...I'm seeing a lot of brawling going on...Are the vid's in the op more of that? Phew...I don't know as I started to watch the first vid and decided enough is enough for now.

I can relate in what many are saying in the comments to the op and video's because I've had questions myself....maybe my hesitance to actually watch the vid is because of how the op was presented, and I'm tired of fighting right now? Why watch to add fuel to my own annoyance?

Do I discount any of the movements/labels? No. I relate to a lot of it. Could it be I am confused? Could be.

I am actually seeing that these movements are heading in the direction of organized religions...purely from how I see the participants of the movements interacting with each other-"Oh, yes you agree and understand with what I am saying-you are on the right track...WAIT, but you do not agree with this or that of what I believe...Nope, I was wrong-you are not what you say (Twin Flame, on your path, enlightened path, true spirit, authentic, Gold/Blue/Pink/Violet ray, etc..). I mean, isn't this a big characteristic of anything organized whether it be a group of sports fans, religion, patriotism, knitting group, fandoms..If you question or disagree with anything I believe then you are not 'right' or 'welcome'?

There was a discussion on a FB group about "Do we have free will?" based on contracts our souls sign before we arrive here on Earth. Some agree'd that we do and put their two cents in a few posts. Now, what struck me as odd were the ones who insisted that we do not. Fine...I think most are questioning even what they are choosing to believe (for proof? no, more of an understanding)but it was how they continued to post their stances in the thread...they called the ones who believed in free will 'foolish...kidding themselves...heads up their rear' and continued to make posts mocking those who believed in free will...including the founder of the group who clearly has issues with ego. Do we all? You bet! But, he clearly thinks he knows it all and it is so ironic that he acts the way that he does if he is so in the know Funny also is that with those who agreed with him, he surely enjoyed the ego boost and was not afraid to show it.

The group is touted as a place to discuss and learn from each other. This is not the first thread that this has happened it. It is clearly not a group for what it 'advertises'. LOL

That thread and how the group is...I expected it to be different....I'm interested in others perspective, but ya know how that particular thread was is going on a LOT in the spiritual community and it is something that in a way makes sense to me but doesn't sit right...what am I missing?

I'm seeing responses in this thread as doing the same-(difference with this forum and the few I've been in is that overall everyone is respectful-and when one is not even when another points it out, that person is fine with it..it doesn't get into a thread of mocking and poking..that is important for me-especially for me because I'm trying to see the big picture of things-what have/do I see-what am I missing?)

There is so much all around that the one thing I do know is that there is good and bad in everyone and everything...

So, I am more responding to my perspective of the thread its self. Which, I still have to read the remaining replies....

Enough rambling from me for now!

XO

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelly Anne For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (27th October 2014), Akasha (27th October 2014), Delight (27th October 2014), donk (27th October 2014), Jean-Marie (28th October 2014), Krist (2nd November 2014)

27. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tangri (here)
    6 Hours video watching to find out if it is worth it or not?

You are having wrong idea on Avalonian's leisure time.
    Just give the highlights.
    Highlights:
    -I (Cameron) lived with Teal, it was not what I expected
    -she exhibited every trait of a cult leader
    -her personal experiences that made her feel the need to transmit the first two

That's what the video is. You may have been able to discern that by actually reading some of the posts in the discussion you chose to "join in" on.

To me, it was quite interesting listening for several hours of my life (I didn't even look at the video, there's still value without it IMO). So tell me: what exactly IS the RIGHT "idea on Avalonian's leisure time"?

28. Link to Post #78
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Everyone is healing, growing, learning, falling, rising, hurting, loving, fearing, and that is what this is all about.

29. Link to Post #79
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

Lightbulb Re: Why Teal Scott/Swan and the Whole Spiritual Movement is Dangerous! (Video)

Last edited by Mu2143; 19th March 2015 at 01:38.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

Anchor (2nd November 2014)

31. Link to Post #80
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

whhooops misunderstood
    Last edited by Chester; 30th October 2014 at 04:02.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast