+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: What treatments work against arthritis? Personal experience?

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Default What treatments work against arthritis? Personal experience?

Hi. My wife has just been diagnosed with it. Any suggestions for alternative treatments that actually works?
    Many thanks!

2. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default Re: What treatments work against arthritis? Personal experience?

MSM might help. Chanca Piedra might work too. Also check "David Wolfe on Calcium" A long lecture where he describes how calcium deposits could be the cause of many diseases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9VEz2Px8QM

http://www.herballegacy.com/Thomas_Medicinal.html

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Baby Steps (13th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    earth * planet Hell hole without a Heart. Move the H to the end and get planet without H-eart.Earth
    Thanks

I'm having a really hard time with arthritis right now. I spoke to a scientist and she believes that arthritis is caused by polymers in the body. This is coming from environmental pollutants and food preservatives. Modified food starch is plastic.

I have been trying to detox the polymers and when it gets built up I get such bad arthritis. It will take a full body detoxification to get rid of it. Essential oils break down polymers and so does Dr. Willards Water (clear). The only thing is when someone detoxes their body fills up with water to dilute the poisons and then inflammation and arthritis get worse before getting better. Your wife prob. needs a full body cleanup.
    I am working right now to clean up my body. I moved into a new home that had a lot of chemicals in the air and I got really intoxicated. I'm using high ph water to stop acidity, fresh grated ginger tea, yucca root and I use Tumeric sometimes.
    I have found that if I don't take things for liver and kidney I get more inflamed and more arthritic, therefore I take standard process for kidney and liver and milk thistle and sometimes Essiac Tea.
    I'm also taking Chanca Piedra to break down any kidney stones that may cause a buildup of fluid and toxins. (Calcium needs to be taken with this as it will deplete it)

Also I sweat under the MPS far infrared rainbow.

It's a battle and right now I have it badly. I have to take Epson Salt detox baths regularly to get movement. I wake up a lot recently and can't move my fingers or toes from the inflammation. I have had this before. But once the plastics are detoxified, it goes away a lot. For me, not all the way, but better then before.
    Also look into adrenal fatigue as well. I think this can make someone's body metabolism not work, as in toxins won't be removed as effectively and thyroid.
    A person that does NES Wellness testing (biofeedback) can read what is in your body. I did that with an M.D. and it confirmed I was overloaded with poisons. The website for that technology will say who does it in your area.

5. Link to Post #4
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

I don't claim to know much on the subject but I've read in numerous places that apple cider vinegar helps with arthritis. Might at least be worth a bit of research.

6. Link to Post #5
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

I have mild arthritis but doctors mainly claim they do not yet know the cause, I've listed some ideas below;-

- I would not be surprised in the slightest if vilcabamba's information is correct and pollutants in our atmosphere/food/water/chemtrails and vaccines all play a role in many degenerative diseases. Detoxification will not hurt anyone.

Try also,
    Structured Water

Place shungite in water. Fullerines in shungite attract and neutralize waterborne contaminants.

Prolotherapy - Essentially a sugar solution is injected near the joint to stimulate healing
    Prolotherapy works by stimulating the body to make new fibres, which are laid down within the substance of the ligaments, thickening and strengthening them. The solution: phenol 2%, dextrose 30%, glycerol 30% is mixed with local anaesthetic, and a small amount (half a cc) is injected into each end of the ligament, close to its attachment to the bone.

Glucosamine Gold 1500mg (Glucossamine sulphate, Chrondointin, MSM, Quercetine, ginger & Rosehip) tabs

Tumeric 10,000mg

Triple Boron Complex

Hope that helps
    Last edited by yelik; 13th October 2014 at 12:41.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

chocolate (13th October 2014), DeBron (12th November 2014), Ellisa (14th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

8. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

I have what I believe is a psoriatic form of arthritis and carpel tunnel. I was steadily becoming a cripple. In January this year, I began eating differently. No gluten, dairy, sugar or processed foods. I was eating mainly vegetables, fruit, nut butters, and meat; only one serving daily of potato, rice, or pasta (1/2 c.). For a milk replacement I use almond milk. I do eat Greek yogurt but, that is the only dairy.

I've added back a bit of sugar, cheese, and a few processed foods. I now have intermittent carpel tunnel pain again but, the arthritis has not come back. It was a successful experiment for me and I know that I need to get back to it. It's difficult to get in enough calories (I lost 30#) but, I've also found that small amounts of home made sweets don't seem to bother the arthritis. I use organic, unprocessed sugar and flour. (I haven't tried spelt).

I think vilcambra is also on to something with the polymer theory. I don't eat products packaged in plastic if I can help it. It's hard to find glass packaged items but, it can be done. I will buy the glass package even if it costs more.

People ask me which one of the items that I gave helped the most with the arthritis pain. I think it's the processed food and the sugar.

I believe that my gut function is way better when I eat that way and it makes sense that if one cleans their gastrointestinal system, the rest of the body will detox naturally. Also, plenty of filtered water.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

Agape (13th October 2014), chocolate (13th October 2014), EsmaEverheart (16th December 2014), Holly Lindin (24th November 2014), ponda (14th October 2014), spiritwind (15th October 2014), toppy (21st December 2014), Wind (14th October 2014)

10. Link to Post #7
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,728 times in 1,526 posts

Only anecdotal-sorry - Pink Salt-in water daily

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Agape (13th October 2014), chocolate (13th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

i should also say that I was diagnosed with Lyme's disease about fifteen years ago and I was treated with doxycycline. I'm not convinced that Lyme's disease doesn't mutate with doxycycline treatment and cause later arthritis problems.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

chocolate (13th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

14. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member earthadvocate's Avatar
    Thanks

I use to have a lot of pain in my joints and also had severe back pain until 3 yrs ago, I eliminated gluten from my diet, went on a juicing diet that included wheat grass which I grew myself, for 3 weeks. than I resumed eating solid food but still omitting gluten, I also have a berkey water filter for years now that I use even for my tap water.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthadvocate For This Post:

Holly Lindin (24th November 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

As found on E-Bay

Quote CURCUMIN BOSWELLIA + PIPERINE BROMELAIN, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY

As found on E-Bay

CURCUMIN BOSWELLIA + PIPERINE BROMELAIN, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY

About Boswellia Extract
    In Indian Ayurvedic medicine, frankincense (Boswellia serrata) has been used for hundreds of years for treating arthritis. Extracts of Boswellia serrata have been clinically studied for osteoarthritis and joint function, particularly for osteoarthritis of the knee. Positive effects of Boswellia in some chronic inflammatory diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, osteoarthritis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease have been reported. A Boswellia extract marketed under the name Wokvel has undergone human efficacy, comparative, pharmacokinetic studies. Some see Boswellia serrata as a promising alternative to NSAIDs, warranting further investigation in pharmacological studies and clinical trials.
    Active Constituents
    Boswellic acid and other pentacyclic triterpene acids are present. Beta-boswellic acid is the major constituent.
    Properties
    Boswellia Extract has potent analgesic and anti-Inflammatory effects that can reduce the pain and inflammation of joints.

About Piperine
    Piperine, the active phenolic compound in black pepper extract, was studied to determine its anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects. It is found that Piperine can reduce the perception of pain, reduce inflammation, and combat arthritis. These discoveries follow other studies showing Piperine can block complications from diabetes, act as a powerful antioxidant and fight off colon cancer. Piperine has been shown to substantially increase the bioavailability of nutrients from food and supplements, providing more nutrients from everything we eat. Piperine also reduces fat levels in bloodsteam and hence aids weight management.
    Piperine may increase the bioavailability of the Curcumin by upto twenty-fold.

In order to provide consistency in quality, all of our products undergo following tests:

WARNING: Many sellers on ebay and other websites are selling turmeric root powder in the name of Curcumin. Fact is Turmeric root powder is the source of natural Curcumin but it only contains 5% to 7% curcumin and rest is oil and impurities. Curcumin needs to be extracted from turmeric root powder and purified to minimum level of 95%. So please do not confuse Curcumin with Turmeric Root Powder.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

fourty-two (15th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

18. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Wow! Thank you so much everyone. Lots of info to take in. Vilcamamba and others, i hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you. What a great community this it!

19. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

lighten up up the refined sugar that's help tremendously, i had it for a while then my mom said take out the sugar and it will go away, and it did.
    Of-course I don't know how far along your arthritis is.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

ponda (14th October 2014)

21. Link to Post #13
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Good health naturally recommends Serrapeptaze

http://www.serrapeptase.info/healthc...k-change-life/

I suggest you make a list of all your aches and pains before you start taking these, they sorted me out, decide for yourself they worked for me.

Oh yes many doctors believe that lactic acid plays a big roll in the cause of joint pain, so remove all dairy products for a while -this may help alot.
    Last edited by sheme; 13th October 2014 at 16:20.

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

hello :-)

I know of four treatments for arthritis. They are all 'natural'.

1. boron/borax.
    2. coconut oil.
    3. turmeric.
    4. black seed oil.

Each in turn, briefly stated:

1. boron/borax.
    See here: http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
    In the 1960's Rex Newnham discovered that boron is essential for human health
    and went on to demonstrate this with lots of research studies. He showed that
    many people are deficient in boron.. and that it cures arthritis (sic).
    There was a concerted effort to ignore this research and prohibit the use of
    boron by Big Pharma. They had it listed as a Toxin of Concern, and now it's
    banned in numerous countries. That's right, a compound that's essential
    to human health has been banned in many countries as a Toxin of Concern.
    The effect of this has been to maintain and boost the profits of Big Pharma.
    (It's essentially the same story as Big Pharma prohibits effective cancer treatments).
    Apparently, all the health spas that reputedly cure arthritis contain trace amounts
    of boron in the water. How to take boron ? The link i've provided suggests how to use borax.
    You can take it orally or, if you're frightened, you can add it to your bath water and simply sit in it.
    Addendum: There is boron in Himalayan Sea Salt (HSS). Switching from regular table
    salt to HSS will help ensure you're not deficient in boron .. as well as
    a whole grocery list of other essential minerals.
    See here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/53...imalayan-salt/

2. Coconut Oil.
    You'll have to hunt for the research on this yourself.
    A good starting point would be a book entitled:
    The Coconut Oil Miracle by Bruce Fife.
    But the story goes like this:
    One theory of arthritis says it's an auto immune disease caused by the body attacking itself.
    There was some research which attempted to test this by giving drugs to patients that suppressed
    the immune system. However, only some of the subjects responded in the expected
    way.. others did not, others got worse.
    The 'got worse' group.. is suggestive of an infectious condition.
    (If you suppress your immune system in the presence of an infection, you get worse, right?)
    Some people who start taking coconut oil (for example for skin conditions or Alzheimer's)
    report that their arthritis conditions go away.
    The theory i remember reading about (can't remember where) is that arthritis is not
    one disease, it's a constellation of N diseases having similar symptoms.
    Some of those diseases are related to bacterial/fungal/viral infections.
    In extra-virgin, organic coconut oil there is a powerful anti-biotic/anti-fungal agent.
    (Dont use the purified coconut oil, this antibiotic/antifungal activity is processed out of it)
    If you administer coconut oil over a sustained period it gets into every part of the
    body and kills bacteria/fungus lingering there... connective tissue, ligaments, tendons etc.
    This is the hypothesised mechanism for the effect of coconut oil in curing arthritis in a
    certain percentage of arthritis suffers (i don't remember the percentage exactly
    .. 20% .. something like that).

3. Turmeric.
    Turmeric is an antibiotic/antifungal/antivirial herb .. with anti-inflammatory/anti-cancer properties.
    When you eat it only 2% is absorbed.
    One way to increase the absorption is to take it with black pepper.
    But this is not recommended... it makes your digestive tract more permeable allowing
    all kinds of nastiness into your bloodstream... in fact.. just don't eat black pepper.
    A better way to take turmeric is as "curcurmin" aka "BCM-95" (google it)
    Instead of taking 10 grams of regular curcurmin.. you need only take 1 gram of 'curcurmin'
    This is because it is absorbed 10 times more effectively than regular turmeric.

Of-course, you could take all three of these at the same time.
    They're all good for you anyway.

That's it.. That's my good deed for the day. Good luck :-)

best wishes

lucidity :-)

Addendum:
    I've thought of a 4th natural treatment for arthritis.
    4. Black Seed Oil.
    Black seed oil, like turmeric, has anti-biotic/anti-fungal/anti-viral effects.
    It is also a potent anti-parasitic agent and an anti-inflammatory.
    People in the middle east and Asia have been using black seed oil
    for millennia to cure.. well.. everything. Black seed oil is actually mentioned
    in the Koran, which states that Black seed oil is a cure for all known
    diseases except death (I kid you not).
    Anyone seeking confirmation of this, need only google "Black Seed Oil Koran"
    Last edited by lucidity; 13th October 2014 at 21:44.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Agape (13th October 2014), Baby Steps (13th October 2014), Ivanhoe (14th October 2014), MorningFox (13th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014), sheme (13th October 2014), Wind (14th October 2014)

24. Link to Post #15
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Hi lucidity, I haven't read anything about black pepper being bad for the stomach before ... do you have a link to more information on that comment please?

25. Link to Post #16
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Definitely try MSM -- MethylSulfonylMethane. It works. People say they've tried all kinds of things and no medications worked. But MSM helped the best.

I also know someone personally who tried all kinds of medicines that never helped so he just lived with the pain. Then I got him on the MSM and it lessened the pain a lot and he could actually use his joints for once. The powder tastes bad, so get the capsules if you want.

26. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,777 times in 956 posts

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    Hi lucidity, I haven't read anything about black pepper being bad for the stomach before ... do you have a link to more information on that comment please?
    Hi MorningFox,

I remember reading a detailed account of this on a longevity forum.
    But i don't remember the name of the thread... and it would be
    too costly (time-wise) for me to go hunting for it.

Instead, I have just googled 'black pepper permeability' and come up with:

http://paleohacks.com/allergies/cond...eability-19453

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9482766

(I'm sure you can find other references to this by performing your own google searches)

The basic idea, as per my comment to this thread, is that spices like Black Pepper
    (and Chilly Peppers) make your intestinal wall more permeable.
    And that means more permeable to things in your gut, including bad things
    like allergens or toxins.

so... Black Pepper plus Turmeric works to allow more of the Turmeric goodies into your
    body by making your intestinal wall more permeable.
    This enhanced permeability is not a good idea, especially for people with food
    related allergies.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day .. and be happy.

lucidity :-)

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lucidity For This Post:

Ellisa (14th October 2014), MorningFox (13th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014), Wind (14th October 2014)

28. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,395 times in 4,617 posts

D-vitamin , in regular doses .. especially if you are missing sunlight , helps . Collagen also helps or at least it should , in long run but it depends on your metabolism and whether it's able to digest particular type of proteins,
    the collagen they sell in powders and capsules in pharmacy is usually animal - sourced ,
    if you wish to avoid it or can't take it, search for plant based collagen supplements ,

aloe vera can be very helpful, also for detoxification and sea weed if you can eat it .

In case that nothing else works ... use Tiger Balm , there are still some original brands coming from Vietnam or elsewhere that contain mixture of herbs and they're not expensive . It works best when applied overnight , on target areas and wrapped warm . Good for colds and coughs as well.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

ponda (14th October 2014), Wind (14th October 2014)

30. Link to Post #19
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I have had arthritis and aches and pains generally for many years. Arthritis has an inflammatory origin, so anything that helps with that is good. There are lots of old remedies (it's an ancient disease--- Egyptian mummies had it!) and some of the new things work. For instance steroids help, but attack bones and cause huge weight gain, and are a very risky thing to take for any length of time.

I have had a nice new hip joint for the last 10 years. It is great, but I still have the painful fingers, knees etc. I take glucosamine with MSM and find it helps. I always get the natural type, preferably extracted from green lipped muscles, a NZ shellfish. I find it to be most effective, especially with the MSM.

Personally I think that you just have to search to find something that helps, but causes you minimum harm. Certainly I think it runs in families, and eventually you get kind of used to it, though I would love to wake up one morning and not have to spend time forcing my creaky joints to bend!! Good luck to fellow sufferers!
    Last edited by Ellisa; 14th October 2014 at 01:04.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

ponda (14th October 2014)

32. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

You need to find out what kind of arthritis she has. Osteo arthritis is joint inflammation. Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease as is psoriatic arthritis. All in all there are over a hundred kinds.
    Symptomatic pain relief is important but more important is stopping the inflammation. In Rheumatoid Arthritis the inflammation over time is what causes the deformities. Inflammation breeds more inflammation, the more you have the more you get. For me the only way to stop the cycle was heavy medication - methotrexate, hyrdroxycloraquine, and prednisone in combination. It's my life now. I'm lucky I didn't wait too long to get medical help.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

Bob (14th October 2014), Ellisa (14th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast