+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What treatments work against arthritis? Personal experience?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Maunagarjana's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,195 times in 681 posts

Default Re: What treatments work against arthritis? Personal experience?

I have really bad arthritis in my ankles. Like, really bad. Most of these remedies people suggest would not touch the sort of inflammation I get. I've damaged my stomach by taking ibuprofen for many years, out of necessity. I still take it sometimes, but only with prilosec. But these days I mostly rely on celebrex and capsaicin. Capsaicin (cream or solution) is derived from chili peppers. It's what they make pepper spray from. When it mixes with moisture, it has the tendency to cause somewhat of a burning sensation, but this is manageable, and I'm used to it, to the point where it hardly bothers me anymore. If the choice is between a mild burning sensation or not being able to be on my feet, I'll take the burning, thanks. However, it does a very good job with inflammation from arthritis. I put it on my ankles and then put ankle braces on, and that helps a lot. Just don't get it on your hands and touch any sensitive area, or you'll be heading to the shower. I also use Aspercreme, which actually works better for certain joints, like my wrist.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maunagarjana For This Post:

Agape (14th October 2014), meeradas (14th October 2014), ponda (14th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Here's another possible alternative to take into consideration.

In China, the ancient art of Qigong has been practiced for centuries to relieve, heal, and prevent arthritis. "Qigong" means energy work', and it is the practice of using the mind to naturally develop and circulate the body s Qi energy for improved health, vitality, and longevity. In this program, Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming and senior student Ramel Rones demonstrate over 30 simple and effective qigong exercises to relieve arthritis pain and rebuild the health and flexibility of your joints. These qigong movements gradually recondition the joints, and they're a natural way to heal and prevent arthritis. Most of the exercises can be practiced in either a seated or standing position. Also included are simple qigong massage instructions for specific pressure points, which can be practiced by yourself or with a partner. This acupressure massage works to alleviate arthritis by increasing circulation of blood and Qi, which stimulates healing. The exercises and massage techniques on this DVD are categorized by body part, so you may easily find the technique to relieve your own arthritis in just a couple of clicks. This program is a must for Qigong students, teachers, and those interested in preventing and healing arthritis naturally.

http://ymaa.com/publishing/dvd/qigon..._arthritis_DVD

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Qigong-.../dp/B000U0G3W4

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations,
    the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic ~
    Dresden James.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Agape (14th October 2014), EsmaEverheart (16th December 2014), toppy (5th June 2019), Wind (14th October 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know if this works or not, but I have read reviews on Amazon that diatomaceous earth has really helped a lot of people with arthritis. It seems to help with a lot of health problems. I tried it for about 6 months and my knees stopped aching and actually felt much better. My knees are starting to bother me again so I will start taking it again.

6. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

I personally like using a 635 nanometer (specific color of red laser <5 mW) light at the spots near where the pain is, and boswellia (i am a bit concerned about enzyme supplements used for long duration such as bromelain and papaya). My logic, for me, has been, every time there is a severe pain that I note, right near it I have noticed a lighter color, "spot" will be present. When I apply the laser light there for a few seconds, up to about 20, there generally will be another point that will appear.. After that, then maybe a set of others, like in a pattern.. Doing that for a bit maybe 15 minutes totally from start to finish then repeating the next day seems to work wonders. I've put many miles on these bones, including having contacted numerous different types of infections, leading to joint inflammation. I suppose it depends on the severity of the inflammation, and whether or not it is due to a staph infection (article here) I haven't noted such pains to come back after about a week or two of this type of exercise.

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

I am struggling right now as if to share my experience with arthritis here or not just because lately (last 2 years) I have found that people (yes, people and Avalon members) just don't want to hear the truth.

In this community everybody feels "awake" but in reality almost everybody is awake about the political and financial corruption, the N W O and all conspiracies, demons and so on and on.

There's a very important topic that has never been touched here (or at least I haven't seen it) and it's about how the way we perceive our reality affect us and how feelings and emotions seem to be the real cause of ANY ILLNESS, PAIN AND DISCOMFORT we get, have or suffer (depending on your perception).

I really don't have enough time to translate the huge amount of material regarding this topic from Spanish to English but there's a type of revolution going on right now coming from Spain to all latin countries and it's basically a huge amount of very helpful information regarding health and how, why we "get" ill and how to cure ourselves.

All of this is based on Dr. Hamer's New German Medicine studies plus the psychological studies of many from the 50's up to now regarding the importance of inherited feelings, emotions and behaviors that come from our ancestors through the so called junk DNA in the moment of conception and later on how the baby records and keeps everything the mother feels which can translate in illnesses later in life if it's not addressed correctly.

I need to say that ALL the relationships between emotions and illnesses according to this knowledge come from our unconscious mind, it's not something we do consciously and this is a very hard part to get for many.

The subject is quite big so please forgive me if I can't make it more clear right now in just a few sentences but I have been studying it for at least 2 years.

Arthritis can be both: most part an inherited disease aggravated in the present life or created by the individual in the present life and basically is a FEELING OF SELF DEVALUATION, unworthiness, not being good enough, not being appreciated or recognized enough related to work or relationships.

Arthritis takes a long time to be cured and usually the person gets a little better and then it comes back, usually because the same feelings are also back.

I started waking up with great pain in fingers and hands every morning and after a few months it went away very slowly and just my left thumb was stiff, swollen numb and very sore. This was the time I started investigating what to do about it. At least 2 years before that I read Dr. Bradley Nelson's book "The Emotion Code" and I found it interesting but I really didn't do anything with it.

I have a very stressful job and one day I woke up with the most unbelievable pain I have ever had, it was in my right shoulder and I couldn't even breath, that's how painful it was. I took pills and did some remedies for 2 days to no avail but that was until I remembered reading something about using a magnet to get rid of pain (duh! it was in that book!).

I found a small magnet and started to move it over my shoulder going in circles for at least 10 minutes and went to sleep. Next morning my shoulder was just fine, no pain. I understood why I had this pain, I saw all the stress from my job causing this because I was extremely angry with my boss at the time so even though I didn't have pain anymore I decided to work on my emotions and have been doing it since. My hands and fingers are perfect now and being aware of how feelings and emotions affect us I very consciously work on them so they don't get trapped in my body anymore.

To summarize: please read Dr. Nelson's work, it's on the internet on pdf for free, you can watch his videos on youtube and get a magnet, any magnet and star working on yourself.

The other knowledge coming from Spain it's absolutely amazing but I would need to write for weeks to give you and idea about it, perhaps for memebers who speak french or german if they can help it would be great because there's literature in german about Dr. Hamer and in french about the trans generational influence in our present lives.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

Agape (14th October 2014), conk (23rd October 2014), Deega (16th December 2014), kevlor (5th December 2014), meeradas (14th October 2014), penn (14th October 2014), Swan (15th October 2014), Wind (15th October 2014)

9. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

I wanted to add that when I started a thread about cancer a year ago, an Avalon member called The Truth is In There posted very interesting comments about The New German Medicine, he/she? added:

if anyone has a specific condition and would like to know what could be the cause please send a pm. based on what organ or tissue is affected, the symptoms and a few other things the causative event (what trauma or threat most likely started the program) can be determined.

This member is the only one I know that has knowledge about this and it encouraged me to dig further, thanks a lot The Truth Is In There!

10. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Besides the usual proper diet, exercise, fresh air, and mental stress release type exercises...

I would specifically suggest a health product made here in Toronto... : ) I was talking to an account rep and she was previously one of the chemists/herbalists, so she really knows the product, and I ordered mine from Healthy Planet just recently... on a tip from a friend. I looked into it and it looks legit. The company has been around since 1991 or thereabouts... and the product appears top notch...

Specifically I am referring to the Vital Greens product and the Nutri-flex... of which I don't mind the taste (but then I like the taste of Buckleys ) It's tangy, and pow!

start at http://nakaherbs.com
    http://nakaherbs.com/products.html
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Bob (14th October 2014)

12. Link to Post #28
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

Last edited by meeradas; 15th October 2014 at 16:57.

13. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

If humidity aggravates your condition, one option for that would be to relocate to someplace like New Mexico or Arizona. I have a relative who did that and it definitely helped to alleviate the pain she was experiencing with her arthritis.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (15th October 2014)

15. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    If humidity aggravates your condition, one option for that would be to relocate to someplace like New Mexico or Arizona. I have a relative who did that and it definitely helped to alleviate the pain she was experiencing with her arthritis.
    I was just thinking on that, something observed, those "sensitive" reporting for instance when a "storm is coming in, 'the arthritis acts up' ".. something also along that line, one may want to note if driving over "fault zones" evokes a body reaction, legs, fingers, neck.. (used to be called geopathic stress field sensitivity).. traveling over water, or lava has been reported similarly to trigger such pains..

interesting question on location and arthritis - in Hawaii a person reports, "acts up only when a rainstorm is coming.." https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5143149AAs4yzb - personal experience here with that sensitivity, heightened pain when storms, or driving over faults/moving water, yes I have had that happen.

16. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 times in 241 posts

Staying away from grapefruit and pears is a good start,there are others but I cant thinK what they are,there was a study of food to avoid when you have the condition and it goes a big way to helping if you can stick to it,good luck

17. Link to Post #32
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

A friend of mine who can't post wanted me to share this with someone specific (which I did), since she thought it was helpful I thought I'd share it here in hopes others find it useful:

Quote Anyway, ** has recently started a thread asking for help with arthritic pain.I hav been through this in past 2 years and seem to hav come across something which i embarked upon to help strengthen my childrens teeth who hav fluorosis, which has also helped my arthritic pain virtually stop.

We began the Weston Price diet which incorporates "traditional preparation" of food including supplementing with fermented cod liver oil and butter oil (Green Pastures brand USA) and part of this diet involves regular consumption of home prepared bone broth.I add this to home made sauces most days.My arthritic pain which used to wake me up several times/ night (hips and knees) is absent 99% of the time- it was not diagnosed formally however im an RN and im fairly sure this is what it was.

The bone broth will also hav a healing effect on his/her gut (apparantly sensitive due to long term use of meds)

Please pass this on if you will, it may help M.I do not mind if u copy paste etc,and questions are fine, take care and thankyou

18. Link to Post #33
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

19. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

So much good information here! Silica, preferably a liquid silica as it can be hard to absorb can provide dramatic results often but not always. Jarrow sil by jarrow is a good an inexpensive form. It works by stimulating collagen production. I sold supplements for 7 years and saw this work over and over including on myself. Also benefits skin, hair, nails, arterys, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, bone density. I just saw a recipe to make an easy to absorb silica supplement by adding one teaspoon of diatomaceous earth (food grade) to a gallon of water and let sit for a few weeks. Drink one or more glasses daily and keep the gallon topped up to keep it going. Dont shake before pouring your glass to drink but I would shake occasionally to aid diffusion of silica into water. Collagen supplements can help as well as well as making and consuming bone stock which contains a lot of collagen, as well as easy to absorb calcium and other minerals.

20. Link to Post #35
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Avoid tomatoes... a neighbour would eat 4 or5 a day sprinkled with ordinary table salt, and suffered badly with arthritis. Surely Google list of foods to avoid regarding arthritis could help! I wear a copper ring.

21. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by cloud9 (here)
    I wanted to add that when I started a thread about cancer a year ago, an Avalon member called The Truth is In There posted very interesting comments about The New German Medicine, he/she? added:

if anyone has a specific condition and would like to know what could be the cause please send a pm. based on what organ or tissue is affected, the symptoms and a few other things the causative event (what trauma or threat most likely started the program) can be determined.

This member is the only one I know that has knowledge about this and it encouraged me to dig further, thanks a lot The Truth Is In There!
    You are absolutely correct. The greatly expanding field of epigenetics explains this very well. Almost all of our physical ailments are due to emotional discord or stress. Negative energy patterns remain in the body unless handled properly. This creates a state of contraction where our cells are in defensive posture, rather than their normal state of expansion. No growth or healing can occur when cells are contracting in fear or defense. Spirit and prayer can and do heal.

There are also conditions created by malnutrition or ingestion of toxins. This is how I healed arthritis. The supplements must be in raw, whole food form, unprocessed. The following make up my regimen.

Cod Liver Oil. Green Pastures brand may be the only brand that is pure and true to nature.
    Butter Oil. Contains what Dr. Weston Price called Activator X. Again, Green Pastures sells a truly raw, unprocessed grass fed butter oil.
    Calcifood wafers, Calcium/Magnesium, Calcium lactate, Glucosamine Synergy, and vitamin C, all from Standard Process Company.
    Sesame Seed oil.

Using this supplement protocol I have reduced my painful symptoms by 90%. Of course intake of toxic foods like sugar and rancid oils must be stopped. Rancid, extremely processed Omega-6 fatty acids are a major culprit contributing to inflammation.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th October 2014), Caren (4th December 2014), happyexpat (27th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #37
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys,

It really depends on what type of arthritis it is. Assuming it's just osteoarthritis, to be honest most of what has been suggested here has no evidence base and most of the suggestions have been looked at in well designed trials.
    As far as conservative medical management is concerned fish oil, vitamin D and chondroitin (0ften packaged with glucosamine) are your best bet according to the literature. There's a couple of others that have weak evidence also, but avoiding certain foods etc makes no difference.
    If it's a weight bearing joint like a knee or hip the most improvement can be derived from a strength based exercise program with a low impact aerobic component (bike, walking, swimming) and most importantly weight loss. A study last year showed that individuals with knee OA who lost 5% of body weight had a 30% reduction in pain, those who lost 10% body experienced a 50% reduction in pain.
    Accompanied with this should be appropriate analgesia depending on the severity of the pain and other health problems they may have.
    If it's rheumatoid arthritis or some other type of inflammatory arthritis you can't go past western medicine which I know isn't very sexy on a forum like Avalon, but the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis from a pharmaceutical perspective has made enormous progress from the dark old days of severely deformed joints.
    I spend my life addressing these patients so although there's no magic cure like silver and a couple of other fix everything remedies that get heavily endorsed on here, that's where it's at up until this point.
    Don't throw the baby out with the bath water when it comes to evidence based medicine guys, not everyone is in on the big pharma, depopulation, etc etc conspiracies. I work in the industry with my eyes open. It's not as bad as alternative circles attempt to convey.

Cheers,

Matt
    Last edited by Napping; 23rd October 2014 at 20:14.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Napping For This Post:

conk (5th November 2014), mokosh (16th December 2014), sunflower (12th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

How about turpentine? Mixed with a carrier oil and applied externally?
    https://ia902604.us.archive.org/19/i...ofma00newy.pdf
    http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17439/17439-pdf.pdf

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BeeBee For This Post:

penn (12th November 2014)

27. Link to Post #39
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Apitherapy, or clinically controlled stings from Honeybees are a well known folk remedy
    for arthritis. Well worth researching if you suffer from Arthritis. Need to make sure you are
    not allergic to bee stings first, of course.

28. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Bowen Technique, coconut oil, bone broth with tumeric in it.
    IF you have big bucks and can afford it, Heilkunst sequential timeline therapy (specific area of homeopathy). You can find a practitioner at homeopathy.com. For people in the States, Canadian practitioners are cheaper and you can do appointments over skype.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast