Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

Default Re: Awaken

Be still and Know I Am God
    Be still and know I Am
    Be still and know
    Be still
    Be

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

Delight (17th October 2014), greybeard (17th October 2014), naste.de.lumina (17th October 2014), Pris (17th October 2014), Reinhard (18th October 2014), Shadowself (18th October 2014), Sierra (18th October 2014), Swan (17th October 2014), Wind (17th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Hi Greybeard I hope you are well x I have been deeply distracted with my awakening the realisation of being an indigo has had me hide away with deep thoughts and being massively distracted. I awoke many many yrs ago to a world I didn't resonate with I felt like I didn't belong I knew things were wrong within most of the aspects of life for me it was like torture. I knew things and was asking questions and felt demoralised when I was told to sit down and shut up....but being the typical indigo that I am I rebelled......I got lost in the world past traumas haunted me and stopped me from ploughing forward in my life path it was chaotic and soul destroying.....but in the last two yrs a new direction has been willing me and pushing me i kept seeing 1111 firstly its my date of birth but I saw it everywhere I went like my birthday the yr 11 11 11 I went out for dinner my table number was again the number 11 so I thought there is something in this and my journey began. I have been searching for answers all my life I started looking into numerology as I see number sequences and each time I acknowledged them they changed....but I had a more perplexing set of numbers which were driving me to distraction I kept seeing 0808 0909 1010 1111 1212 every day everytime I picked my phone up there they were so I was ploughing through numerology sites like a woman possessed nothing came up so I condemned myself into my old pattern I'm mad.....until today .....I went for some healing therapy yesterday first one ever I don't like conventional practices of modern medicine as I will be put on some very harsh medication for depression so I sought help at a local centre called number 11 spooky eh lol but the kind gentleman who only booked me and charged me for 30 mins kindly gave me a full hour he counselled me as he healed and we spoke of the number sequences I'd been seeing he said he wasn't sure about the meaning numerically but he talked about how some of the ppl here on earth connect with sirius and longing to go home which sparked me intensely. ....after my theraphy I felt charged and refreshed like a reboot and today I went to my search engine and searched atlanteans and the link I'm going to post was the place I needed to be it explained everything and hit me like a lightening bolt I even did a celebratory dance lol this explained the paradigm shift perfectly in 2012 x I'll post the link now and see what you think x namastè x
    http://www.thenewearth.org/The%20Fal...0Atlantis.html
    Last edited by budicca; 17th October 2014 at 09:24.
    A human being is a part of a whole, called by us universe a part limited in time and space. their experiences thoughts/feelings as something separated from the rest a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires & to affection for a few persons nearest to us. the task is free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budicca For This Post:

greybeard (17th October 2014), Jackson (19th October 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris
    Is that a rhetorical question lol? It's a great question. I've no idea.
    I think as humans we all need to believe in something to give us some direction. However,I think that we should always challenge and put what we believe in, up for examination and discussion, and never assume that our beliefs are in some way superior to another's. They should only direct us on our path, whether they are truly directional will be seen by how we treat ourselves and others.

Quote Maybe our souls don't need physical bodies to evolve...
    I think the entering of the human body and taking on everything that it entails must be an excellent insight for the soul on its path to enlightenment because it is so damn hard and challenging and yet so beautiful and inspiring.... our souls I imagine if they're savvy learn a multitude of things ...
    Know Thyself

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amer For This Post:

budicca (17th October 2014), greybeard (17th October 2014), Pris (17th October 2014)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

I agree nothing is superior to others its about understanding your path first x ego is the dowfall x
    A human being is a part of a whole, called by us universe a part limited in time and space. their experiences thoughts/feelings as something separated from the rest a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires & to affection for a few persons nearest to us. the task is free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to budicca For This Post:

greybeard (17th October 2014)

9. Link to Post #45
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

There are many starting points but the road gets narrower and narrower till eventually even the thought of a path is surrendered.

Thanks to Wind for posting this.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post889754
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014), Wind (17th October 2014)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

And this thread too I surrender to thee Oh Lord.

Greybeard, your wonderful energy is appreciated. Salute!
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

12. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

greybeard (17th October 2014)

13. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by Amer (here)
    I think the entering of the human body and taking on everything that it entails must be an excellent insight for the soul on its path to enlightenment because it is so damn hard and challenging and yet so beautiful and inspiring.... our souls I imagine if they're savvy learn a multitude of things ...
    What if we don't need to 'evolve' so-to-speak? What if we just ebb and flow with the tide and have been and always will be at the 'height' of whatever we are? What if... we're just like water? We just change states?

Our souls do seem to like to hoard information and knowledge though (yes, savvy buggers!). The creation of a unique individual is, perhaps, what this is all about?

Appreciation of our connectedness with one another and everything is one thing. Appreciation of ourselves and others as unique, awake and aware individuals is, perhaps, why we're here. We always seem to downplay the importance of that which strikes me as... missing the whole point.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (17th October 2014), greybeard (17th October 2014), Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014), Jake (17th October 2014), Sierra (18th October 2014)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by Pris (here)
    What if we don't need to 'evolve' so-to-speak? What if we just ebb and flow with the tide and have been and always will be at the 'height' of whatever we are? What if... we're just like water? We just change states?

Our souls do seem to like to hoard information and knowledge though (yes, savvy buggers!). The creation of a unique individual is, perhaps, what this is all about?

Appreciation of our connectedness with one another and everything is one thing. Appreciation of ourselves and others as unique, awake and aware individuals is, perhaps, why we're here. We always seem to downplay the importance of that which strikes me as... missing the whole point.
    I loved that response.. I suspect that the 'human experience' is well respected in the non-physical realms.

We sleep that we may dream. We dream that we may wake.

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

greybeard (17th October 2014), Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014), Pris (18th October 2014), Sierra (18th October 2014)

17. Link to Post #49
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

The mind will want all kinds of definitions of seemingly different states.

1. Are you suggesting that there is a material state different from mind and different from body? Are you suggesting that these different states mean there is a difference between the substance of body, the substance of mind, and this third unnamed substance?

Some will see awake as different from enlightenment, others will believe it to be the same.
    Its very easy for the mind to muddy the water.

2. I as of yet still have no clear definition about what the one state is, or how it is fundamentally different from the other state. Chris, what I'm gathering is that there is this condition that 'happens' when you do certain things with your mind that help you perceive things differently. Have I got that right? And if I do have that right, I have to ask once again: What makes one certain that what one is experiencing is say just simply the difference between one combination of chemicals in the brain as opposed to another combination of chemicals in the brain? Endorphin combination A replaced by endorphin combination B. I'm not disagreeing with you as far as mind body dualism. I'm saying that I don't have a really clear understanding of the process you're talking about. It's far too general.

The dream state is imagination, ever changing, a personal perception.

Right.

3. Life is imagination, ever changing, a personal perception.

How is this different from any other bitts metaphysical (new age) fluff we encounter in a fortune cookie?

The mind moves.

Does it? How does it move? What moves it? Does it physically move? Or does it experience differences in states created by biochemical reactions? I'm not sure the mind moves at all. If you're suggesting it shifts perceptions, that's one thing.

If it does move, where does it go? How does it get there? Does it need to take the body with it?

Comes down to, experiences come and go, opinions,viewpoints, perception and personality can change, Ultimate Truth is constant, unchanging, permanent in a timeless way, eternal, you are That.

So you're a Platonist?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Ok buddeee Here's your dose of friendly trouble. :D

How do you know there is a soul? How do you know that it's not just all a collection of chemicals in the brain brought about by a random, unguided evolutionary process?

(for what it's worth, I'm with both you and greybeard on this...this is as much practice for my writing and thinking skills as anything else. )

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

greybeard (18th October 2014), Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014), Pris (18th October 2014), Shezbeth (17th October 2014)

19. Link to Post #50
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by Carmen (here)
    Be still and Know I Am God
    Be still and know I Am
    Be still and know
    Be still
    Be
    Bee? BEE? WHERE?!?!?!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

greybeard (18th October 2014), Jake (17th October 2014)

21. Link to Post #51
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Having read through this thread, I have only one comment.

One cannot stay awake indefinitely, eventually one falls back (returns?) to sleep. ^_~

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Awaken from what?
    Awaken to what?

That is the question.

Thoughts appreciated.

Chris
    Hi Chris, great of you to bring these questions!

We awake from something a bit higher than what we knew before, and it's an endless game, the important thing is, do you feel good in awakening to new knowledge, new learning, if not, than awakening was just a process, and I think that it's good also, it's part of being alive, of being conscious.

The best to you!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

greybeard (18th October 2014), Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014), Wind (18th October 2014)

24. Link to Post #53
    New Zealand Avalon Member Carmen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,527 times in 1,560 posts

No bee! Just Be! To Be without thought, without comment, without judgement. I know,I know, you were be-ing funny! But, the realisation of just being is an expansive, freeing experience. The more we just "be", the more life "flows". It's probably because we get out of our own way and allow spirit to impress and inspire us with original ideas and actions. Works for me anyway!

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmen For This Post:

greybeard (18th October 2014), Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014), Jackson (19th October 2014), Milneman (25th October 2014), Sierra (18th October 2014), Wind (18th October 2014)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

For my friend(s) here... Enjoy!

Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (18th October 2014), Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014)

28. Link to Post #55
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Last edited by Meggings; 25th December 2015 at 15:34.

29. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,212 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)

How do you know there is a soul? How do you know that it's not just all a collection of chemicals in the brain brought about by a random, unguided evolutionary process?

(for what it's worth, I'm with both you and greybeard on this...this is as much practice for my writing and thinking skills as anything else. )
    Hahaha! Sure, sure. I don't really 'know' if there's a 'soul'.

However, I do know this... from my own experience lol... I've been fully awake and aware 'outside' my body during some spontaneous OBEs. Now, that's weird... or normal. It means I'm not just stuck in my head imagining myself to be just a collection of chemicals in my brain brought about by a random, unguided evolutionary process.

I agree -- this is fun writing and thinking practice. It's a lot like poetry.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

greybeard (18th October 2014), Heart-2-Heart (18th October 2014)

31. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    The mind will want all kinds of definitions of seemingly different states.

1. Are you suggesting that there is a material state different from mind and different from body? Are you suggesting that these different states mean there is a difference between the substance of body, the substance of mind, and this third unnamed substance?

Some will see awake as different from enlightenment, others will believe it to be the same.
    Its very easy for the mind to muddy the water.

2. I as of yet still have no clear definition about what the one state is, or how it is fundamentally different from the other state. Chris, what I'm gathering is that there is this condition that 'happens' when you do certain things with your mind that help you perceive things differently. Have I got that right? And if I do have that right, I have to ask once again: What makes one certain that what one is experiencing is say just simply the difference between one combination of chemicals in the brain as opposed to another combination of chemicals in the brain? Endorphin combination A replaced by endorphin combination B. I'm not disagreeing with you as far as mind body dualism. I'm saying that I don't have a really clear understanding of the process you're talking about. It's far too general.

The dream state is imagination, ever changing, a personal perception.

Right.

3. Life is imagination, ever changing, a personal perception.

How is this different from any other bitts metaphysical (new age) fluff we encounter in a fortune cookie?

The mind moves.

Does it? How does it move? What moves it? Does it physically move? Or does it experience differences in states created by biochemical reactions? I'm not sure the mind moves at all. If you're suggesting it shifts perceptions, that's one thing.

If it does move, where does it go? How does it get there? Does it need to take the body with it?

Comes down to, experiences come and go, opinions,viewpoints, perception and personality can change, Ultimate Truth is constant, unchanging, permanent in a timeless way, eternal, you are That.

So you're a Platonist?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Hi Milneman
    to put anything I post in context.
    I have no personal experience of the state called enlightenment, everything I write about spirituality is second hand but is the result of many years reading, listening to cds/videos on virtually a daily basis. Certain statements came up repeatedly from different writers/sources.
    So I have belief rather than out right knowing.
    Some things I say will be instantly recognised by people who read the same or similar books to those I have read.
    Its like a different language.

(I) There are obviously different states of mind--happy, sad etc. However they come and go enlightenment is beyond mind and does not fluctuate, you could say it is aware but unaffected---it observes. (Action may follow)

(2) try this link for a clearer understanding
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...of-what-occurs...

For the rest. "The mind moves" what is observed and also th observer may be still but the mind is active/moving ---labelling comparing referencing.
    Soul is a word with different definitions---my belief is that there is only one soul, reason being countless times I have come across the statement "One without a second" For me that definition of "God/Source /Creator" sums it up.
    In my language--Only God is---therefore I and everything else without exception is God.

Cant prove one single thing except the fact that I am--I exist is without dispute.
    That which I am beyond personality and changing states of mind---I as a witness-observer---seems to me, to be consistent and unchanging.

Its worth looking at books by Ramana Maharshi, Nasargadatta, (Indian authors deceased) Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti. (Western)_

Best wishes
    Chris

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Pris (18th October 2014), Wind (18th October 2014)

33. Link to Post #58
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Quote Posted by Shezbeth (here)
    Having read through this thread, I have only one comment.

One cannot stay awake indefinitely, eventually one falls back (returns?) to sleep. ^_~
    But are we really asleep?

When I sleep and awaken in the morning I'm refreshed to greet another day. My body is ready for another day after a good nights sleep.

But when I sleep I do more in the dream state with my mind than when I'm bodily awake. It would seem that the function of the bodily/mind state requires action and at the end of the day it requires sleep. But the mind still functions during the sleep state.

What action does the body require during sleep? The mind is free to do more during sleep not requiring as much bodily function action/signal.

So what has passed while you sleep? Time.

Anagram: Asleep / Elapse

Latin term Elapsus: elapsus m (feminine elapsa, neuter elapsum); first/second declension

slipped away; escaped; elapsed

So the only thing you've missed while you're asleep is time. It's elapsed. Your mind/thought process is still functioning.

Are you ever really asleep? What dreams may come?

I'll "play it again Sam"

Thought provoking no?
    Last edited by Shadowself; 18th October 2014 at 15:48.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Anka (26th December 2019), greybeard (18th October 2014), Wind (18th October 2014)

35. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks again for all the interesting posts.

Chris

36. Link to Post #60
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 times in 216 posts

As a group of Masters once said...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

greybeard (20th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3