+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Go Watch the Movie "Kill the Messenger"

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Cool Go Watch the Movie "Kill the Messenger"

Saw the movie "Kill the Messenger" this weekend. It was excellent!!! "Kill the Messenger" is the story of Gary Webb. He was the reporter for the SanJose Mercury News who covered the story that the CIA allowed shipments of cocaine to be shipped to destinations in the US. The huge profits from the sale of cocaine supplied the CIA with huge funds to do covert operations. Gary Webb was at first praised and then ridiculed. He was later suicided with two gun shot wounds to his head. Later a huge investigation into the scheme revealed Gary was right but the Clinton/Monica Lewinski scandal overshadowed the news of the investigation's report.
    The movie "Kill the Messenger" probably doesn't have the funding for advertising that Brad Pitt's movie "Fury" or Ben Affleck's film "Gone Girl" has. So promotion needs to be word of mouth or blog. Please go see the movie!!!

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Betty For This Post:

animovado (20th October 2014), brenie (20th October 2014), Camilo (20th October 2014), Dennis Leahy (21st October 2014), Fellow Aspirant (20th October 2014), Frank V (20th October 2014), giovonni (20th October 2014), Hervé (20th October 2014), Jean-Marie (20th October 2014), Lifebringer (20th October 2014), Limor Wolf (20th October 2014), Matt P (20th October 2014), Mercedes (20th October 2014), Muzz (20th October 2014), poetbil (20th October 2014), RunningDeer (20th October 2014), selinam (20th October 2014), Sidney (20th October 2014), TargeT (20th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

Default Re: Go Watch the Movie "Kill the Messenger"

Thanks for that reminder Betty! I had forgotten and looked it up and, sure enough, it's playing at our local Ky Theater. Going to get a sitter and see it this week.
    Can't wait.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Limor Wolf (20th October 2014), Mercedes (20th October 2014), RunningDeer (20th October 2014)

5. Link to Post #3

Quote Posted by Betty (here)
    Saw the movie "Kill the Messenger" this weekend. It was excellent!!! "Kill the Messenger" is the story of Gary Webb. He was the reporter for the SanJose Mercury News who covered the story that the CIA allowed shipments of cocaine to be shipped to destinations in the US. The huge profits from the sale of cocaine supplied the CIA with huge funds to do covert operations. Gary Webb was at first praised and then ridiculed. He was later suicided with two gun shot wounds to his head. Later a huge investigation into the scheme revealed Gary was right but the Clinton/Monica Lewinski scandal overshadowed the news of the investigation's report.
    The movie "Kill the Messenger" probably doesn't have the funding for advertising that Brad Pitt's movie "Fury" or Ben Affleck's film "Gone Girl" has. So promotion needs to be word of mouth or blog. Please go see the movie!!!

Thank you Betty,

Here's the trailer

Love

Nora

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Post:

Camilo (20th October 2014), Frank V (20th October 2014), Limor Wolf (20th October 2014), Mercedes (20th October 2014), RunningDeer (20th October 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 times in 191 posts

Yes I saw it too. Good movie but only available at select theatres here in Ontario.

And yes - 'suicided' by 2 shots to the head!

Selina

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to selinam For This Post:

Camilo (20th October 2014), Limor Wolf (20th October 2014), Mercedes (20th October 2014), RunningDeer (20th October 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

It was known in the 1980s that George Bush Senior was using his off-shore oil platforms to receive cocaine and bring it safely into the USA - arranged by the CIA. The sale of this brought in money to finance black ops of various sorts, with the further aim to weaken the USA youth, the brighter lights, the seekers. And Clinton, before being president, had in Mena, Arkansas, a man flying in cocaine freely for the hidden government. It was already known Clinton would be president. This is part of what that group do to further the long-range plans of the hidden controllers to weaken the USA and the world.

As you watch this movie, you might appreciate the expansion of understanding given through this Wikipedia entry:

"...the use of Mena Intermountain Municipal Airport as a CIA drop point in large scale cocaine trafficking, beginning in the latter part of the 1980s. Several local, state, and federal investigations have taken place in relation to these allegations. The topic has received some press coverage that has included allegations of awareness, participation and/or coverup involving prominent figures such as Bill Clinton, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, Governor Jeb Bush and Saline County prosecutor Dan Harmon (who was convicted of numerous felonies including drug and racketeering charges in 1997). The Mena airport was also associated with Adler Berriman (Barry) Seal, an American drug smuggler and aircraft pilot who flew covert flights for the CIA and the Medellín Cartel.

A criminal investigator from the Arkansas State Police, Russell Welch, who was assigned to investigate Mena airport claimed that he opened a letter which released electrostatically charged Anthrax spores in his face, and that he had his life saved after a prompt diagnosis by a doctor.He also claimed that later, his doctor's office was vandalized, robbed, and test results and correspondence with the CDC in Atlanta were stolen.
    An investigation by the CIA's inspector general concluded that the CIA had no involvement in or knowledge of any illegal activities that may have occurred in Mena.

And this entry from http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...background.htm:

"It was in Oxford as a student Clinton came to hear about the One World Government for the first time, and what was required to be a member of this New World Order. In an interview in 1994 Clinton said that he'd known about the "Shadow-government" already in his youth, and had been very enthusiastic to get an entrance into the "Inner Circle" and from there have the opportunity to participate in decisions regarding the future of the world.

"He succeeded! The "President-maker" David Rockefeller met Clinton in the mid 80's in Arkansas to prepare him for what was to come. The State of Arkansas, by the way, is a major seat for the Brotherhood elite. The south branch of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry has its center here, and from this area Albert Pike (33 degree Freemason) created the Ku Klux Klan.

THE CORRUPTED GOVERNOR OF ARKANSAS

"Clinton worked himself up rapidly and became a governor of Arkansas. As a governor Bill Clinton committed a series of high crimes, related to his Illuminati connection. He became the leader of a gigantic network which dealt with drug-smuggling, laundering of drug-money and corruption in general.

"A good friend of Clinton from Arkansas, Larry Nichols, was interviewed in a film. Clinton thought that Nichols would keep his mouth shut, but he didn't. He was hired by Clinton and had found out that Clinton's firm, "Arkansas Development Finance Authority" (ADFA), laundered drug-money. Cocaine to a value of $10.000.000 (ten million dollars!) a week was flown in from Mena Airport in Arkansas. The money was laundered via ADFA to a bank in Florida, to a bank in Georgia, to Citycorp in New York, and from there it was transferred out of the country. All this regarding to Larry Nichols.

"Clinton's best friend, Dan Lasater, led the operations. Lasater and Bill Clinton's brother, Roger Clinton, later spent time in jail due to drug related crimes."
    Last edited by Meggings; 20th October 2014 at 19:16.

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

It's why I don't support either of the Clintons. I went for Perot and Gore, because both Clintons have shady body counts, as well as baggage the TP will bring to fold to cut the CIA's activity. Revelation and 3rd party candidates that bring it forward like Jesse Ventura, will get elected. WE've got to get that corporate supreme court voted out for collusion w/ the KOCH brothers. Alito, Thomas and Scalia attended Koch brother meetings with senior Republicans, McCain, Mitt, McConnell, Huckabee, King and others. In bed with the wrong side of this country's history.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Blacklight43 (20th October 2014), Camilo (20th October 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I'm glad this movie got made but it is painful to me to even contemplate watching it.
    This is a real person who this was done to.

I suggest finding the recent clip Alex Jones made about the movie. He was in contact with
    Gary Webb. He said Webb told him people were harassing him and so on. He had asked
    Jones to publish some materials. Jones was reluctant, thought it was an old story.

Webb hung up on him screaming that no one ever helps me. Murdered a few weeks later.
    The horror of that. The fact is, this man was a superior individual and was in essence killed
    because of it. A sickness we have as a species, killing / disarming those who would elevate
    us - reference famous Bill Hicks monologue on that.... Anyway ... I'm sure it's a good movie
    and I'll probably see it eventually.

What happened to Gary Webb is a horror, and the murders of real journalists continue (Michael
    Hastings as one recent example).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to David Ansible For This Post:

selinam (21st October 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Might I suggest an amendment to this statement? - "The fact is, this man was a superior individual and was in essence killed
    because of it. A sickness we have as a species, killing / disarming those who would elevate us..."

It is hidden controllers who orchestrate such evil deeds, NOT the human species that is manipulated, mind controlled, pressured, blackmailed, et cetera to commit atrocities. Evil was allowed full play here, and now we are in the changeover time.

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Meggings (here)
    Might I suggest an amendment to this statement? - "The fact is, this man was a superior individual and was in essence killed
    because of it. A sickness we have as a species, killing / disarming those who would elevate us..."

It is hidden controllers who orchestrate such evil deeds, NOT the human species that is manipulated, mind controlled, pressured, blackmailed, et cetera to commit atrocities. Evil was allowed full play here, and now we are in the changeover time.
    Have you ever seen those pictures of people at southern lynchings? It was entertainment, picnic time. The Roman Coliseum? I do think there is something nasty in humanity.
    Lord of the Flies brings this out well.

And even if most people in their natural condition wouldn't commit atrocities, they are still (in my view) weak and pathetic herd animals. This is typified by Webb's "lament"
    that nobody ever helps him. I think his wife divorced him too. It is a more "passive" type of evil, but still nauseating (I am not saying I am totally immune from this by the way).

It is difficult sometimes to see the good in humanity as a whole. There are many individual humans who seem wonderful though.

16. Link to Post #10
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Yes, David, I have seen evil. But I have seen great good break through it. In duality, the dark side can be fostered, and has been, in so many subtle and not-so-subtle ways. Yet still the human's good heart breaks through. I hold that we are more good than bad, and that good shall prevail in all things.

+ Reply to Thread