+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eternal existence: having access to all your soul has ever experienced, how do you feel about it?

1. Link to Post #21
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

Default Re: Eternal existence: having access to all your soul has ever experienced, how do you feel about it?

Hi, from my opinion it is a blessing that we don't know our past lives as it is truely a nightmare to be able watching you dying in the most horrible ways. and to remember these people who have killed you in a past life. no way for me. and as the usual human being is very much attached to material things, how do you consider heritage.
    as you can see, I can't get anything positive from this idea. I've been told from a tibetan master, that, in my last life, I have been a rich comerciant in Shanghai. so what would I've been done in the case that I'd remember all this life. would I had gone there to claim my belongings from the past life and so on. hurting those members of my family in the former and in the actual life?
    absolute no go for me.
    Stay healthy

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    I can imagine that a long life of eighty to over a hundredth years can seem as a very long stretch. I think I understand a little why old people tend to grow tired after so many experiences within reach of their awareness. But what if (future) life was such that all the memories of the past remained in between lives?

Wouldn't it be a burden to carry everything a long for so long? I personally feel some kind of relief in the prospect of having all of it erased once in a while. How do you feel about this?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

chocolate (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014), Wind (23rd October 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Default Re: Eternal existence: having access to all your soul has ever experienced, how do you feel about it?

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    I can imagine that a long life of eighty to over a hundredth years can seem as a very long stretch. I think I understand a little why old people tend to grow tired after so many experiences within reach of their awareness. But what if (future) life was such that all the memories of the past remained in between lives?

Wouldn't it be a burden to carry everything a long for so long? I personally feel some kind of relief in the prospect of having all of it erased once in a while. How do you feel about this?
    If reincarnation is true and each of us has lived multiple lives than the question really begs to be ask...........when does it end. What is the ultimate destination of living all these lives. I can see the value of each life, no matter how great, sad, depressing, violent etc that each life can have.... but there must be a final destination. There must be a point when every lesson is learned, every consequence has been dealt with. Where does it all end up?
    It's beyond our conception, I suppose.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

chocolate (24th October 2014), Inaiá (25th October 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

For me ,as a Buddhist, reincarnation is a truth. you just won't be so happy that your next life will be as a human being.
    This is all up to your accumulated Karma. One teatching of the Buddha says.
    To regain a precious human rebirth is as you imagine a huge ocean million times bigger than the oceans known on this planet.
    I tis ocean lives a blind and very old turtle, wich resufaces every fivehundret years. on the surface of this ocean floats a life ring." as you know from ships" so the possibility that this turtle actually catches the lifering with her head, is the same for you to be reborn as a human.
    This life is so precious, and so many people are wasting it with negativity. and don't forget we all have to go. and most of us doesn't know when this moment is happening. so don't waste this precious life with negativity but spend it with loving kindness and compassion. as you will have to justify what you have done in this life. this life is the result of the karma in your past lifes over countless eons. if you like to know where you're heading in the next one, look at your actions, phisically, verbal and mental.

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)

*The question asked requires that the premise of reincarnation be true. As of yet, I do not believe there is any empirical evidence to conclusively support this hypothesis. As such, the speculations that follow are just that...speculative.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

animovado (24th October 2014), chocolate (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014), Wind (23rd October 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Do we want to remember our pasts as saints? Do we want to remember our past as murderers? Do we want to remember how we have killed others, how we lived with the burden and do we want to remember how in many different ways we have been killed? All of us have played so many different roles and now we just have another role to play. We all come from God, become our unique personalities and over eons of time we develop as soul and eventually start to attain higher states of being. We carry the residue such as traumas, skills, our unique traits from the past, but eventually all of that wil start to drop away once we start to become closer with the creator and realize that we are it. In the spirit world we will always remember and know our past and future lives and understand what we have done and what has been done to us and there is no guilt, no judgement there. Only everlasting unconditional love. That's how I see it.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

animovado (24th October 2014), chocolate (24th October 2014), Grizz Griswold (23rd October 2014), Inaiá (25th October 2014), Jake (24th October 2014), Michael Moewes (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (24th October 2014), TraineeHuman (23rd October 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I have found that if I don't get over stuff I couldn't change or wrongs that were done to me, I feel like crap every time they pop up so, like a samarai, I see them feel them and send them around back to be chopped off of my existence.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

chocolate (24th October 2014), Jake (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (24th October 2014), Wind (25th October 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

I was reading a book yesterday, I just picked up from where I had left few months ago. The book is called "The Science of Spirituality" by Lee Bladon ( quite interesting, and without the pretense of many new-age, self-proclaimed speakers as of now )
    http://books.google.bg/books?id=I1Sy...page&q&f=false

I can't quote exactly, for the book is at home right now, but at one point Lee Bladon writes:
    The soul sends a part of its energy field, its essence, to assist the human body in its Earthy life, and after death the essence returns to the soul and reunites with it. I think this is based on Michael Newton's life between lives research technique. So, in a way that is saying that everything the soul part has experienced and that has been embedded in its field remains as a memory, and is added to the memory of all other lives that soul has had. That also describes probably part of the notion of what the higher self is, discussed in threads here.
    ( see pages 37-38-39 for the exact text )

The author also writes about the many documented experiments and research on past lives, NDE, children's memories at an early age, etc. So as far as empiric data goes, for those who still need it, it is there, but I assume the interest for this data to be publicly available and scientifically supported is still lacking.
    Last edited by chocolate; 24th October 2014 at 07:59.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

animovado (24th October 2014), Inaiá (25th October 2014), Jake (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (24th October 2014), Wind (24th October 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Remembering "eternal existence" from a standpoint of this human condition is indeed tricky. I eluded to it in my post.

Eternal has no "beginning" and no "end". Remembering past and present and future would be the "re-membering".

From a human perspective there would be a cosmic end point. Being "eternal" has none.

When one remembers eternal they remember the whole and human perspective has a difficult time doing this. Hence they use the arrow of time and work from the past(life) forward to the present.

Eternal has a future in this formula if you'd like to call it.
    Quote e·ter·nal
    əˈtərn(ə)l/
    adjective
    adjective: eternal

lasting or existing forever; without end or beginning.
    While we in the human condition remember the past(life), the sage sees the future.

Where a timeline exists enter the Relevant physical theory:

Causality
    Chain reaction
    Butterfly effect
    Domino effect

Cause and Effect

In relative physical theory of the human condition exists the Infinite Field of Potential. Use time wisely says the sage. The futures potential awaits.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 24th October 2014 at 14:38.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Inaiá (25th October 2014), Jake (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (24th October 2014), Wind (25th October 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

To continue from my previous post.
    In a way a soul holds memories of many soul-parts. I am intentionally not using some accepted philosophical/spiritual terms here, because at this point they just dilute the true meaning for me.
    Those composite souls are like hubs for 'partial' individuated souls of people living Earthy lives. And in that way whatever memory one single individual, or the group of individuals keeping an essential part of the composite soul are given, and when, depends on the specifics of their composite soul.
    In that line of thought, in a way having a memory of a specific life doesn't necessarily mean that you, the person with an identity on Earth, can identify with the life of the other person who's life you remember. This is the point where everything becomes a matter of perception and a matter of choice, to hold on to that 'idea' or not.
    Oftentimes we tend to go in the direction of what brings happiness. If we were to assume that we remember a life with someone specific (soul essence) who has made us happy, it is quite possible that we will try to re-experience that happiness again, because in a way we know that we are a good match to that person. The opposite is also true. Having a memory of an unhappy life often leads to the avoidance of the person who has brought us that unhappiness.
    Having no memory of a specific life gives a person much more freedom to live in accordance to their preferences and overall trajectory (choices) in the current life.

But that is not to say that if I know chocolate is bad for me I will try to avoid it.

---

I would say that may be we (those of us who remember, or who have started to remember) will learn with time to detach partially from some expectations, and use the memory(ies) and the information in a way beneficial to us and to everyone who's life is affected by ours.
    At the beginning it is a bit disorienting, and confusion, but only until the moment when one realizes the grander scheme of things.

I personally don't think any of the mentioned concepts in this thread are beyond our current comprehension. Everything complex can be broken down to smaller parts of conceptual information that we can piece together, if we wish for that to happen.

If one can see the stillness of existence right now, there is nothing all that 'out of this world' that cannot be put in some sort of understandable frame.
    I am a female, and I can sort of hold all of that in my emotional existence, so I would assume a man shouldn't have much problem then, right?
    But I wouldn't be offended, if I don't see my words quoted somewhere on internet.

Cheers.
    Last edited by chocolate; 24th October 2014 at 17:46.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

animovado (24th October 2014), Jake (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (24th October 2014), Wind (25th October 2014)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Excuse me please, skyhaven, because I don't know if that's the right place, but
    I have to confess that I like chocolate bittersweet, or like we say in germany "zart-bitter" (tender-bitter).
    Especially when it's combined with a spanish barrique red wine.
    Because my parents-in-law had their golden wedding anniversary this evening, I like to leave
    it that way for now. 😉

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to animovado For This Post:

chocolate (25th October 2014), Jake (24th October 2014), Skyhaven (25th October 2014), Wind (25th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2