+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

Default Re: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

I stopped watching TV altogether and since I did I really don't miss it. My thoughts are way better, lighter more free and not agitated from the news I was watching.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014), TargeT (24th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 times in 612 posts

Default Re: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    UK - Traditionally-based. OH watches MSM/BBC news whilst eating dinner every night - which has always caused terrible havoc as I'm always noticing the biased lies!!! He believes 'the news' as it's the BBC! FFS!!!
    Despite my concrete evidence to the contrary of the MSM news, I am dismissed (as an activist), I often finish up taking dinner into studio to eat and get very angry, and OH finishes up with indigestion and a very angry partner. Switch off the TV - or just switch on to the 'weather forecast'!!! It's the least of one's problems - time to talk one-to-one at last!
    Are you willing to play the game and stop watching the news ?
    And report YOUR own personal news about how you feel ?

At least one week

It would be great to make this experience with you since you are an activist
    We are one !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

avid (24th October 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,863 times in 3,179 posts

2014: 2 decades off tv.

---

A week ain't enough; do more.
    After 6 months off it, read a newspaper's headlines - see what has happened (to you).
    Last edited by meeradas; 3rd November 2014 at 09:20.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Muzz (24th October 2014), Nat_Lee (24th October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014), soulsinger (24th October 2014), TargeT (24th October 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

i haven't owned a tv since 2005... and at that point it was only for movies...

only watch when im at the watering hole getting wet....
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

Nat_Lee (24th October 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 times in 444 posts

I quit TV 6 months ago. I got tired of paying exorbitant sums to poison my own psyche with non-stop propaganda and filth. I'm no prude, but there really is virtually nothing redeeming on TV anymore. The only time I "watch" anything now is when I put an old movie on when I go to bed.

I check google news or something similar daily just to keep an eye on what the enemy is doing.

Nice to see so many others doing the same.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

Nat_Lee (24th October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Read what the plejaren had to say about the dangers of TV ... http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Bil...act_Report_512 scroll down to part 2 of contact report 512 ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Nat_Lee (24th October 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

It must be nearly 10 years since I stopped watching or reading news. Like others have said, I got fed up with getting angry every morning. The downside is that you don't know whats going on. But I often get enough of it by reading these forums.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demeisen For This Post:

East Sun (26th October 2014), Nat_Lee (24th October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014), Violet (26th October 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

I remember in the 1990's when satellite dishes were the up and coming thing in my rural area. Many people switched from cable to satellite. I was one of those.

As a new subscriber I received some stations from California. I watched the LA news. It was different from midwestern news and even from national news at the time because it was Hollywood. Everything was a big extravaganza and the new casters were uber polished and stylish. I remember thinking how surreal it was....

Now all of the news emulates that "Hollywoodnis". It's all a show. Much of it is not news, it's speculation. And, the commercials! Designed to keep the consumer buying.

I haven't watched for at least ten years. I watch an occasional series or movie and, then many times online because I miss the program time.

Happy unwatching people! Meditating is way more interesting!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

Nat_Lee (24th October 2014), Violet (26th October 2014)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

First I would like to thank all of you for your generous participation to this thread !
    You are giving god tips and we all are fortunate to be able to have such great knowledge and people like you to share their personal stories with us.

For now on I would like to invite all the AVALONIENS who want to participate in this experience ....

The thread talk's about T.V. but I'm not asking you to tell me all about stopping watching T.V. completely I would like to stay in the idea or topic of my thread and have people who participate in a game:

T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... AND tell us how you feel NOW and AFTER the week ...

Lets just do it and share !! After this if you like it and want to stop for longer it is your choice ... The Idea is to have an experiment here :D
    Thank you guys !

Have fun !
    We are one !

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CarnageCandy (here)
    i rarely do because it makes me so angry...:/
    Hi CarnageCandy !

Yes me to and I feel better and by the way look at this video I found !

Last edited by Nat_Lee; 26th October 2014 at 13:59.
    We are one !

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

Violet (26th October 2014)

20. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,586 times in 1,720 posts

I stopped watching t v years ago. But a family member watches the news--Brian Williams is a joke--I'm in the same room so I ask that ads be muted.
    I have not listened to a commercial on t v or radio for over thirty years.

This forum is the best on the entire internet.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Nat_Lee (27th October 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,278 times in 3,171 posts

couldn't agree with you more, as far as in the usa , the msm news is owned by i think 6 very wealthy owners who play a pre planned , dumbed down and purposefully divided country . I'm sure the 6 corporate owners get together to discuss how to go about keeping the illusion going, no different than pro wrestlers do behind the scene. you do this, ill do that and they'll eat it up.

msn news only serves to fatten an already biased, pre determined world view. so its" feel good" news for people who have no interest in growth or seeking any kind of truth. supermodels sell it, not everyday people. its very alluring .

to walk away from this would be the best thing anyone could do for rediscovering their own thoughts, if they have any left.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Nat_Lee (27th October 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014)

24. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    the news is only there to make you angry ... I quit TV news six months ago ...
    But what about radio news? It has no images (except for the ones it invokes in your mind), so that's a plus. However, it still is a spoken version of TV, and internet. Can we cut all news from all possible sources? This reminds me of someone who went off and travelled somewhere very distant, away from society and came back. I asked this person if he had been careful with the newest contagious disease. He said: what disease?

That must feel so wonderful. For that alone it is well worth considering Nat-Lee's challenge.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Nat_Lee (27th October 2014), ulli (29th October 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014)

26. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    the news is only there to make you angry ... I quit TV news six months ago ...
    But what about radio news? It has no images (except for the ones it invokes in your mind), so that's a plus. However, it still is a spoken version of TV, and internet. Can we cut all news from all possible sources? This reminds me of someone who went off and travelled somewhere very distant, away from society and came back. I asked this person if he had been careful with the newest contagious disease. He said: what disease?

That must feel so wonderful. For that alone it is well worth considering Nat-Lee's challenge.
    anywhere to get news is up to the individual , just knowing that five or six corporations control most of the media , so they all read from a script created by someone to control the narrative of the day , I dig all over the web for news , even it is sanitized or filtered ...All the radio shows I listen to , if you hear the first one , the rest of day the other shows will discuss the same information over and over using the exact words of the previous time slots ... actually it would be the talking heads they bring on who stir the pot and off goes the public's brains , usually strongly disagreeing with the staff's paid talking head ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Nat_Lee (27th October 2014), thepainterdoug (26th October 2014), ulli (29th October 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014), Violet (26th October 2014)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

I quit several years ago. I will sometimes look at headlines and choose to read about a specific event. On occasion at the gym where they have TV's, I have observed the news for a few minutes and it is really easy to see how ridiculous it is. The news is tabloid in nature and the pro government stance is undeniable. Years ago, I watched a documentary about Fox news and the agenda, owner Rupert Murdoch dictated each day for news anchors. They were expected to promote his agenda either by form of a specific story or just emphasizing a spin that he wanted to promote for the day. At the time I found that mind blowing, but it is clear to me now that this is the case with all the news we are spoon fed. The indoctrinations can be subtle or blatant but there is always indoctrination that promotes our unquestioning allegiance to the government. Another thing that is endlessly promoted is political correctness, which is of course there to benefit the government by creating passive, non reasoning citizens.

I must add that I live in the US, so I can't speak for all countries.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Nat_Lee (27th October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014), thepainterdoug (26th October 2014), ulli (29th October 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,278 times in 3,171 posts

good observations ghostrider/ one is equally lucky when you hear a first report live, when things are just coming in and not tweaked. i had this occasion during Sandy hook event. i live in hoboken where supposedly it all started with adam lanza killing his brother . CNN reported a man in hoboken was murdered by his brother and police on the scene. nothing of the sort. they messaged and altered this story minute to minute until we have what we now have.
    who started it? who accepted this story without sources? no retractions etc. this is the effed up world we live in. sadly most of the people i know, my friends and family when pressed, believe the official story. this is what makes me feel, nothing will ever change. because, comfort will always prevail. people are in the illusion of comfort. and they want to stay there like a frog in a pot of slowly heated water.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Nat_Lee (27th October 2014), ulli (29th October 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014)

32. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Reporting: two days with no radio news nor internet news. And it dawned upon me how much intelligence is measured by the fluency with which you can keep up in chitterchats about current affairs. If you know your terminology (and it changes) as well, then you get bonus points.

I accidentally caught yesterday's 7 PM news though

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Nat_Lee (3rd November 2014), ulli (29th October 2014)

34. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,216 times in 2,398 posts

We haven't had TV (with bunny ears for one or two channels) for, I'm guessing, five or six years now. And, no cable for many years prior to that.

When I visit relatives, the TV is usually on... I am so sensitive to the bull sh!te -- whether it's news, commercials, game shows, whatever -- it's like getting splattered with hot oil and having ants crawling all over you.

I cannot tolerate television anymore -- it makes me super angry (I always voice my concern, but the hypnotizing effects on my relatives is so blatant, I'm mostly ignored). I just want to scream and end up leaving the room in short order.

Everything is so wrong with it. It's so manipulative.

There, how's that? STOP WATCHING TV.
    Last edited by Pris; 29th October 2014 at 10:04.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Joe Sustaire (29th October 2014), Nat_Lee (3rd November 2014), ulli (29th October 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014)

36. Link to Post #39
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,216 times in 2,398 posts

Btw, the feeling of 'getting splattered with hot oil and having ants crawling all over you' may have something to do with the broadcasting signal... I think something nasty is getting snuck in there...

I don't get that feeling at all when I watch old, recorded TV shows or movies from DVD.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Nat_Lee (3rd November 2014), Ulyse30 (3rd November 2014)

38. Link to Post #40
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,748 times in 261 posts

Ha! As soon as I saw this thread I had to share my experience . If there was one thing that really used to upset me it was watching my daughter come home from school , completely ignore me, go straight to the TV turn it on and sit HYPNOTISED by the damn thing . So whenever I asked her to turn it off she would just ignore me while the dinner got cold . So one day (knowing I had planned to do this for some time ) I told her politely but firmly that if she did not turn off the TV by the third warning my next action would surprise her . After ignoring my third warning , I walked in to the living room , unplugged the bloody thing carried it outside and threw it sailing in to the air ,off the verandah and crashing in to a million pieces on the driveway. God it felt good . My Daughter was traumatised for about a week because I had removed an addiction. Now she is fine .

That was eight years ago now . We do have another TV for watching DVD's only . I ripped out the aerial so there can be no reception . TV programing is propagandised mind controlling garbage . Best thing I ever did was throw the old one out and make a point .

My daughter will never forget that day but I got reported by the local school for child abuse for doing it ! Shows you how much the system relies on that evil device to maintain conformity . If every household threw out their TV or at least pulled the plug on Programing the whole damn system would come crashing down.
    That's how serious it is. No more fake news keeping people in constant fear . No more junk entertainment and advertising encouraging people in to self destructive addictions . TV is pure poison . Its the thief in your own home 24/7. Kill it .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast