+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 times in 612 posts

Default T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

Hi everyone,

Would you be able to do this exercise with me ?

S T O P watching the news for a week !

Only one Week ....

Comment here how you feel now ! those days ...

After a week without it, comment back and see if you have noticed something in your well beingness (inside)...

As for me !
    I'M feeling very good but I have heard about militaries being killed in my country by random people in two different cities miles away from each other .... This sound like a scenario from Hollywood to me .... I wonder if they are doing it to prepare us for something else .... So i'm not feeling very well because instead of creating, I have spent time watching and thinking what, why and how for all day !!! This is intrusive aggression direct in my own house without asking permission .... I feel violated ... Sorry and RIP, if those people have been killed for real but the hole stories are so dark ....

I don't watch the news often and as soon as I decide to watch it there is always something there that hits me in the soul !!!

I will stay focus and connected and I will not watch the new the hole week ...

I'm giving you an exercise to do to help you to connect with all:

Si down
    Close your eyes
    Deep breath until you feel relax
    Imagine a white light starting from the infinite and piercing your body then continue and touch the center of the earth and continue to radiate down until the infinity.
    Grow this light and let it circulate in you and through all that exists, like the blood flowing in your veins. Imagine the light flowing in you and around you. An exchange between you and the infinite, the universe ...
    Imagine that this white light is LOVE and all that is becomes love, including you, including everything, everything, everything!

Do this instead of watching the news for a week .....

Give me the news from YOU !!!

Last edited by Nat_Lee; 23rd October 2014 at 18:49.
    We are one !

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

angelichuman (7th November 2014), animovado (23rd October 2014), avid (23rd October 2014), butcherman (26th October 2014), DeeMetrios (28th May 2021), gardener2 (23rd October 2014), jake gittes (24th October 2014), Joe Sustaire (23rd October 2014), Lancelot (23rd October 2014), Magneticman (24th October 2014), Muzz (23rd October 2014), naste.de.lumina (23rd October 2014), Nasu (23rd October 2014), Pilgrim (26th October 2014), ponda (23rd October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014), RUSirius (23rd October 2014), selinam (23rd October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014), Snoweagle (15th March 2015), soulsinger (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014), tcjim1 (24th October 2014), thepainterdoug (26th October 2014), Valle (23rd October 2014), Violet (26th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

Default Re: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

Just so happens I'm on day three, I'll share. Does it count that I'm listening to nice music though?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

Muzz (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: T.V. is a powerful tool ! S T O P watching the news for a week ... Tell me how you feel now and after ...

the news is only there to make you angry ... I quit TV news six months ago ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

avid (23rd October 2014), CarnageCandy (23rd October 2014), Lancelot (23rd October 2014), Magneticman (24th October 2014), Muzz (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), ponda (23rd October 2014), RUSirius (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014), Violet (26th October 2014), yelik (23rd October 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RUSirius (here)
    Just so happens I'm on day three, I'll share. Does it count that I'm listening to nice music though?
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssss !

Good music is So good !
    Go for it shure !
    We are one !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

RUSirius (23rd October 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    the news is only there to make you angry ... I quit TV news six months ago ...
    Good for you !

I'm not a fan and never buy the news paper ....
    My boyfriend and all family are watching so I get hit sometimes ....

We are on a good path !

Lets continue to watch less and less and bring others to understand how it is powerful and help them to stop to eventually
    We are one !

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

RUSirius (23rd October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member RUSirius's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 times in 507 posts

Quote Posted by Nat_Lee (here)
    Quote Posted by RUSirius (here)
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssss !

Good music is So good !
    Go for it shure !
    Ok, great. What I can say thus far, is things are better, its a good experience, I'll share more as I conclude more.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RUSirius For This Post:

Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), selinam (23rd October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 times in 419 posts

Haven't watched the new in nearly a year, like any receiver we only have a certain bandwidth and its best not to fill it up with garbage. Only 'problem' is your general views become less and less acceptable to 'normal' society, but I guess that has to be a positive.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andrewgreen For This Post:

aranuk (23rd October 2014), Michael Moewes (23rd October 2014), Muzz (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

i rarely do because it makes me so angry...:/

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CarnageCandy For This Post:

aranuk (23rd October 2014), avid (23rd October 2014), Magneticman (24th October 2014), Muzz (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), RUSirius (24th October 2014), selinam (23rd October 2014), Skyhaven (23rd October 2014), Spiral of Light (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

angelichuman (7th November 2014), avid (23rd October 2014), jake gittes (24th October 2014), Lancelot (23rd October 2014), Michael Moewes (23rd October 2014), Muzz (23rd October 2014), naste.de.lumina (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Olam (23rd October 2014), selinam (23rd October 2014), Spiral of Light (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014), ulli (23rd October 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by andrewgreen (here)
    Haven't watched the new in nearly a year, like any receiver we only have a certain bandwidth and its best not to fill it up with garbage. Only 'problem' is your general views become less and less acceptable to 'normal' society, but I guess that has to be a positive.
    Yes they are talking to you about those news and you say: ''No I have no clue, I rarely watch the news'' and there eyes are shooting you soooooooooo many questions .....
    Usually they are asking me something like this: ''aren't you interested in your society ?''
    I feel the pressure and what I do and say is: ''I watch it once in a while but anyways their is always a place were I will have no choice to ear the news or see the news even if I don't buy news papers... They are everywhere ! So what is the point to sit down every night and going over and over again something I have already seen or ear randomly during the day ?

Me to I feel more positive when I watch less news and if we could all do it the world would be a better place for sure !

I have herd somewhere that the news are ''The new Hollywood'' and I'm totally believing it Stories are being made up to influence the society ... Not EVERYTHING ... But In my own opinion I'll say 80% of the biggest official, news from the government, municipalities, big corporations, Bank, are Fake....

sorry i miss some words i'm not perfect in English ... thank to the automatic corrector
    Last edited by Nat_Lee; 23rd October 2014 at 13:35.
    We are one !

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

jake gittes (24th October 2014), Joe Sustaire (23rd October 2014), RUSirius (24th October 2014), selinam (23rd October 2014), soulsinger (23rd October 2014), Spiral of Light (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014), ulli (23rd October 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Joe Sustaire's Avatar
    Shipwrecked in the Sea of Plenty, surrounded by the unknowing.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 times in 131 posts

Well I stopped a few years back when they changed the method of broadcast. I'm in the boonies but could get 2 of the 3 networks and the pbs channel. When they changed I lost all reception. Even going to the most powerful grade of new antenna left me marginal at best for one channel and pbs, so I said to heck with it.

And yes, life has been so much more pleasant!

I still see the headlines on yahoo when I log on to the internet, but very rarely am I even interested in checkin out the latest headlines. Life indeed becomes more "real", my immediate surroundings, spirit, and the people I personally come into contact with.

So I guess I owe a big thank you to the "system" that decided to divorce me from their system!

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Joe Sustaire For This Post:

aranuk (23rd October 2014), jake gittes (24th October 2014), Magneticman (24th October 2014), meeradas (23rd October 2014), Michael Moewes (23rd October 2014), naste.de.lumina (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014), RUSirius (24th October 2014), Sidney (23rd October 2014), Spiral of Light (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

More than two years without watching TV.

“The dumbing down …occurs in the brain when we watch television. Activity in the higher brain regions (such as the neo-cortex) is diminished, while activity in the lower brain regions (such as the limbic system) increases. The latter, commonly referred to as the reptile brain, is associated with more primitive mental functions, such as the “fight or flight” response. The reptile brain is unable to distinguish between reality and the simulated reality of television. To the reptile brain, if it looks real, it is real. Thus, though we know on a conscious level it is “only a film,” on a conscious level we do not―the heart beats faster, for instance, while we watch a suspenseful scene. Similarly, we know the commercial is trying to manipulate us, but on an unconscious level the commercial nonetheless succeeds in, say, making us feel inadequate until we buy whatever thing is being advertised―and the effect is all the more powerful because it is unconscious, operating on the deepest level of human response. The reptile brain makes it possible for us to survive as biological beings, but it also leaves us vulnerable to the manipulations of television programmers. This is where the manipulators use our own emotions as strings to control us. The distortions and directions we are being moved to are taking place in the subconscious, often undetected.”
    ―Alex Ansary, Mass Mind Control Through Network Television

Television is designed to make us feel negative emotions and feelings, such as:
    FEAR
    ANGER
    HATE
    DISTRUST
    CONTEMPT
    WORRY
    STRESS
    INFERIORITY
    RESENTMENT
    SUFFERING
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 23rd October 2014 at 18:12.

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Spiral of Light's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 times in 163 posts

Good advice Nat_Lee. I haven't watched the news for about 5 years. Tossed the TV out at the same time. The resulting peace of mind and sense of harmony has been well worth it.

There are lots of other ways to find out the 'real' news. I can check the internet, or someone will tell me what they just heard on Mainstream Media, so I'm never totally out of touch.

I have a large screen monitor that I can connect to my laptop for the downloading of good movies. I don't feel deprived at all.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

so.. I'm 7 years into this, maybe I need to go back to watching TV so I can remember what it's like; I have a vague sense that it was very involving. It definitely seemed like it guided your thinking.

good exercise, but I say at the end of the prescribed period... just don't go back, you aren't missing anything (well at least I don't feel like I am) especially if you have access to the interwebs.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

aranuk (23rd October 2014), huyi82 (13th March 2015), jerry (23rd December 2014), Magneticman (24th October 2014), Muzz (23rd October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), RUSirius (24th October 2014), selinam (23rd October 2014), Stephanie (23rd October 2014), thunder24 (24th October 2014)

28. Link to Post #15
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

Five years ago my receiver broke down. and I stopped watching tv completely. I neither consume any kind of newspaper as they all tell lies. I listen to some independend radio what keeps me updated. but as it turned out I'm spending much more time withe the good things in life, from time to time i go and watch a movie in the cinema because I like the big screen without stupid comercial brakes.
    The TV is a brainwashing machine put on us to keep us controled. I see it everyday in my job the difference of watchers and not watchers how they reason, and interact with eachother. sometimes it's very funny to sit back and watch them.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), RUSirius (24th October 2014), TargeT (23rd October 2014)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    so.. I'm 7 years into this, maybe I need to go back to watching TV so I can remember what it's like; I have a vague sense that it was very involving. It definitely seemed like it guided your thinking.

good exercise, but I say at the end of the prescribed period... just don't go back, you aren't missing anything (well at least I don't feel like I am) especially if you have access to the interwebs.
    Yes totally true !
    If you everyone could just don't go back it would really make a difference !
    As for me, I'm doing it for a long time now !!! Maybe 15 years I don't know ....
    I watch the news once in a while specially when I'm at my parents house to visit ....
    we don't have cable since 6 or 7 years .... We have internet and Netflix for tv series if we want

I wanted to give this advice for all of you who might like to try different but simple things to feel better ....
    This is free, simple and it gives a lot in return ...

Have fun !
    Last edited by Nat_Lee; 23rd October 2014 at 18:46.
    We are one !

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

Pris (29th October 2014), TargeT (23rd October 2014)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

don't watched telly for years, feels great.. When I went to relatives and have a bit of telly-time I always realize who this will shut everyone down, if you doing it regularly......
    Last edited by SiriusB; 23rd October 2014 at 20:58.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SiriusB For This Post:

Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), RUSirius (24th October 2014)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I haven't watched the news in years. I also haven't watched commercials in years. This is why it's hard for me to get overly upset or excited about the latest scandal or issue that everyone's talking about. I don't get the toxic input, so I am not having my peace disturbed.

It's important to learn about national and world affairs, but we can certainly do this without ever turning on a tv. Network news and cable news channels are sources of the worst kinds of disinformation and mental/emotional programming that we have today. They are ubiquitous, and most people are fooled into believing they're reporting reality.

This becomes very apparent when we wean ourselves from television media. I look at my family and friends and think: "How can they get so upset about such obvious lies and propaganda? Why can't they see that this is a farce?" But they really can't tell when someone is lying anymore.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to soulsinger For This Post:

Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Been off the brainwashing box for about 4 or 5 years now.

From an old thread discussing this topic - link

When I eventually learned about how our subconscious mind absorbs information, that was it. I realised that I needed as much control as possible over what I consume and more importantly the state of mind I am in when doing so. Still working at it.

For a laugh here's a reminder of how ridiculous it gets (if your on Avalon there's a good chance you've already seen this.) -

Last edited by Muzz; 23rd October 2014 at 20:35.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

avid (23rd October 2014), Magneticman (24th October 2014), Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Pilgrim (26th October 2014)

38. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,796 times in 2,667 posts

UK - Traditionally-based. OH watches MSM/BBC news whilst eating dinner every night - which has always caused terrible havoc as I'm always noticing the biased lies!!! He believes 'the news' as it's the BBC! FFS!!!
    Despite my concrete evidence to the contrary of the MSM news, I am dismissed (as an activist), I often finish up taking dinner into studio to eat and get very angry, and OH finishes up with indigestion and a very angry partner. Switch off the TV - or just switch on to the 'weather forecast'!!! It's the least of one's problems - time to talk one-to-one at last!
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Nat_Lee (23rd October 2014), Pris (29th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast