+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says alien life is all but impossible and humanity is ‘unique’

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Default We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says alien life is all but impossible and humanity is ‘unique’

Well Mr . Cox has just gone down several rungs in the evolutional ladder imo ..LOL

Hi Brian I'm Kenio.....https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...lian-Air-Force

" I must comply and I have a medal to prove it "........

=====================================================

We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says alien life is all but impossible
    and humanity is ‘unique’

new Monday 27th October 2014 at 10:52 By david-icke

======================================================

We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says alien life is all but impossible
    and humanity is 'unique'

Presenter makes bold claim during BBC documentary
    He says the spark of life on earth billions of years ago was a fluke
    'We still struggle to understand what happened. It's incredibly unusual'

By Sam Webb for MailOnline

Published: 08:23, 27 October 2014 | Updated: 12:41, 27 October 2014

The biological process which lead to intelligent life on earth was a fluke that is unlikely
    to have been repeated anywhere else in the universe, claims Professor Brian Cox

‘The biological process which lead to intelligent life on earth was a fluke that is unlikely
    to have been repeated anywhere else in the universe, claims Professor Brian Cox.

The presenter and scientist blames a series of ‘evolutionary bottlenecks’ for the lack of
    extraterrestrial life on other planets, despite there being a mind-bogglingly vast number
    of them in the galaxy.

Humanity miraculously overcame them in a chance binding of two single cells merging
    somewhere in the mists of time, he said.

‘There is only one advanced technological civilisation in this galaxy and there has only
    ever been one – and that’s us. We are unique.’

'It's a dizzying thought. There are billions of planets out there, surely there must have
    been a second genesis?

'But we must be careful because the story of life on this planet shows that the transition
    from single-celled life to complex life may not have been inevitable.'

He made the claims in an episode of BBC's Human Universe, adding that yet another
    freak occurrence - the meteor which wiped out the dinosaurs - allowed mammals and
    ultimately humanity to dominate the planet.

On the subject of the genesis of complex life, he added: 'We still struggle to understand
    how this happened. It's incredibly unusual.

'We're confident this only happened once in the oceans of the primordial earth.Life here
    did squeeze through.'

Last month scientists claimed that our best chance of finding alien life is not looking for
    living animal organisms but rather plant life.

Two astrophysicists have said we should be looking at exoplanets for signatures of
    chlorophyll, which plants use to convert sunlight into energy.

And they say this could be done by a future telescope planned by Nasa to study
    habitable exoplanets.

Princeton University astrophysicists Dr Timothy Brandt and Dr David Spiegel made the
    suggestions in a paper called 'Prospects for detecting oxygen, water and chlorophyll on
    an exo-Earth.'

They say that it might be possible to detect signatures of water, oxygen and chlorophyll
    on an alien planet.

One hundred million worlds in our galaxy are able to host alien life, according to
    a 'conservative' prediction by Nasa.

And the space agency claims that we will be able to find that life within the next 20
    years, with a high chance it will be outside our solar system.

During a public talk in July in Washington, the space agency outlined a roadmap to
    search for life in the universe using a number of current and future telescopes.

'Do we believe there is life beyond Earth?' said former astronaut and Nasa Administrator
    Charles Bolden during a talk in Washington.

'I would venture to say that most of my colleagues here today say it is improbable that
    in the limitless vastness of the universe we humans stand alone.'

The latter would be the most difficult of the three but, if found, would be a pretty clear
    indicator that a distant world has plant life.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz3HM7ncVqC
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

=======================================================

"Sod Cox'y , I bet there are Cat people on other worlds.....Puuuurrrrr !!"

===================================================

added later .....Deathbed confession of senior Lockheed Martin Scientist and the
    ET's he interacted with were real and hominoid........October 2014

Of course it could be a hoax or disinfo, but it does not look like it is......

Published on 21 Oct 2014

Shortly before Boyd Bushman passed away on August 7, 2014, he was video
    recorded candidly speaking about his personal experiences with Area 51, UFOs,
    aliens and anti-gravity ideas.

Boyd was a retired Senior Scientist for Lockheed Martin. His career spanned over
    forty years, was awarded many patents, and included work with defense
    contractors Hughes Aircraft, General Dynamics, Texas Instruments, and Lockheed Martin.

http://humansarefree.com/2014/10/the...f-area-51.html

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...783#post894783
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 29th October 2014 at 20:51.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Agape (27th October 2014), Baby Steps (27th October 2014), Becky (28th October 2014), Ecnal61 (27th October 2014), Ellisa (28th October 2014), Jake (27th October 2014), Joanne Shepard (27th October 2014), Lifebringer (28th October 2014), Melinda (27th October 2014), Mike Gorman (28th October 2014), naste.de.lumina (27th October 2014), Nasu (27th October 2014), Peace&Love (28th October 2014), seko (27th October 2014), Star Tsar (27th October 2014), ulli (27th October 2014), william r sanford72 (27th October 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Default Re: We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says alien life is all but impossible and humanity is ‘unique’

Hardly surprising at all. He's the new BBC poster boy for science.

Everything that comes out of this propaganda machine robot's mouth should be taken with a huge pinch of salt in my opinion.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Default Re: We are alone in the universe: Professor Brian Cox says alien life is all but impossible and humanity is ‘unique’

It totally amazes me that people can still believe this hog wash.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

avid (27th October 2014), Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), Jake (27th October 2014), Lancelot (27th October 2014), Lifebringer (28th October 2014), Omni (27th October 2014), Peace&Love (28th October 2014), seko (27th October 2014), william r sanford72 (27th October 2014), Yetti (31st October 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Hardly surprising at all. He's the new BBC poster boy for science.

Everything that comes out of this propaganda machine robot's mouth should be taken with a huge pinch of salt in my opinion.
    I don't watch much of his work on TV , but did put up a thread by him about the
    Quantum universe and from that I was under the impression he was more open..
    I know he is the mainstream poster boy and works at CERN and is a fully paid
    up member of ' closed mind society ' but I was willing to give him a chance ,
    especially when he was talking about the infinite universe , trillions of planets,
    the Drake equation etc.............. obviously I was wrong !!! ...LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The presenter and Physicist Brian Cox: 'Multiverse' makes sense

23 September 2014 Last updated at 08:42

Brian Cox: 'Multiverse' makes senseBrian Cox

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...se-makes-sense

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But as Jackovesk said on one of the posts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry" Cider, please don't take this personally...

It is merely from my own observations that I say this...

But anything from this ((NWO Shill)), I take with a grain of salt...

Why???

Because he was instrumental in ((Throwing the Wool over Everyone EyE's )) & Helped-Push the ((Global Warming - SCAM))...

PS - Because ((They Say)) - ((Exact Science)) is...

Quote An exact science is any field of science capable of accurate quantitative expression
    or precise predictions and rigorous methods of testing hypotheses, especially reproducible
    experiments involving quantifiable predictions and measurements. Physics and chemistry
    can be considered as exact sciences in this sense. Systems Biology, especially theoretical
    and mathematical systems biology can also be considered an exact science, as it makes
    heavy use of mathematical graph theory, logic, statistics and ordinary differential equations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exact_science
    PS - As George W. Bush said (("Fool Me Once"))..!!!

PSS - I personally will ((NEVER-EVER)) give ((PAID - FOR)) Scientist's a 2nd Chance once they have been ((Caught)) sprouting ((Dis-Info))...No Way in Hell...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post880487

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Akasha (27th October 2014), avid (27th October 2014), Becky (28th October 2014), gardener2 (27th October 2014), Jake (27th October 2014), jerry (28th October 2014), Lifebringer (28th October 2014), MorningFox (27th October 2014), Peace&Love (28th October 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

To say extraterrestrial life in the universe doesn't exist, is one of the dumbest thoughts in existence. Seriously... I'm not sure there are many thoughts that could be more dense.

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Art (28th October 2014), avid (27th October 2014), boja (27th October 2014), Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), gardener2 (27th October 2014), Jake (27th October 2014), karamba (28th October 2014), Matt P (27th October 2014), Muzz (28th October 2014), Peace&Love (28th October 2014), seko (27th October 2014), william r sanford72 (27th October 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

It just maybe he hasn't worked it out yet- My son says it is a rare thing to find intellect and common sense in one human being.

This man has the ultimate hypothesis. "We must be alone in the universe because no one has come to say hello yet" . I have paraphrased the conclusion he came to- though he does admit to the possibility of over 10 million earth like planets in the milky way alone.

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

I don't agree with this, but as sometimes-advocate-for-the-devil I present this (mostly in jest):

I'm sure I misunderstand the "infinite universe" scenario of the multiverse idea, but suppose it was correct...there is infinite universes and anything that can be imaginable DOES exist or should in some universe.

Is it that far fetched that this particular one-in-infinite chance existence that we find ourselves in happens to be the one where there are no other beings in all of existence except for us--or maybe just that we are in one part of an infinite universe that currently has no other occupants? Instead of actual ETs like there are in the other infinite-minus-one existences, we are stuck in the one where it's only mind control from other humans, who "evolved" from some fluke? Doesn't probablility allow for that?

.......don't get upset, I'm just being silly

12. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

‘The biological process which lead to intelligent life on earth was a fluke that is unlikely
    to have been repeated anywhere else in the universe, claims Professor Brian Cox.

The presenter and scientist blames a series of ‘evolutionary bottlenecks’ for the lack of
    extraterrestrial life on other planets, despite there being a mind-bogglingly vast number
    of them in the galaxy.

In order to make a bold statement like that, one would have to have traveled the universe, and i doubt he had done that in this physical realm, or own the manual of planets and have read it all, in this physical realm, once again I doubt it.

Does this guy really believe this?
    Has he even looked through a telescope? Or just plane looked up?

Are they trying to take us back to the stone ages, to which in most cases they where smarter then we are now.

Trillions and trillions of light years of space, and we are the only ones? PLEASE...SERIOUSLY NOW?
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), donk (27th October 2014), Jake (27th October 2014), karamba (28th October 2014), Lifebringer (28th October 2014), Omni (27th October 2014), seko (27th October 2014), william r sanford72 (27th October 2014)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Does this guy really believe this?
    I seriously doubt it. But give enough reward or threat, most people will "believe" whatever you tell them to.

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Interesting, the mind can produce anything...but do you really want to produce something you know very little about...or was never your thoughts to begin with? This is how suffering comes in to play. What becomes when you take something as gospel yet have no prior experiences with it?

Believing and putting faith in anything you can’t actually prove to be real… is probably the dumbest thing to do. If you have no evidence…at least for yourself to share with a confidant…then you most likely have nothing but a budding festering/contagious lie. All you’re really doing is spreading a potential virus, and in most cases unknowingly.
    We only believe there is life in the universe because we have been trained to believe the “Universe” is a giant void filled with trillions of galaxies. None of us (other than a special select few) have ever traveled/ventured the cosmos. All we can…and has ever done was take the information giving to us (by organizations we hardly trust) and place faith in it, why?

After years and years of programming this data into the collective mind, by way of film, books, and false testimonies….the information eventually becomes common belief. Why? Simply due to consistent force feeding, nothing else. People then started fashioning other belief systems/ideologies from the unconfirmed information that was previously embedded within their minds. Not because they took a ride on a space ship, not because they have definitive proof. It’s because of their conditioned mind set.

For all they/we know… the perceived experiences with aliens could very well be elaborate fake sightings and abductions by secret governments, masking their deceitful and heinous actions with this legendary lie. When you can get a person to believe in myths, they will become docile, confused, irrelevant, slaves. They will seek what’s not there, burning up all their precious energy and time, becoming useless, yet controllable because their power and energy is cleverly controlled. Spending so much on something that has never produced anything of value/substance for you is a great dis-service to self and others.

Countless people went to their graves believing the world was flat. Countless people died believing the Sun revolved around the Earth. Now, countless people believe the Earth revolves around the Sun and that there are trillions of other Galaxies out there with potential life on it. How do we know this for sure when no one has yet “proven” to have step foot on another world? All we have is data from probes and robots (supposedly). And none of it has ever actually suggested life was present. Yet, we pick and choose what to believe from these secretive organizations that “tell” us what it is… instead of actually proving it in a way that can be confirmed by all. If these very same people studying space has yet to find life…how are people in places like the “alternative media sites” getting this information? How can you trust any of it at all and waste time talking about it as if the proof is actually there to be examined? All this has ever done was divided the masses even more…while cleverly spreading fear and disempowerment. How we can fear and/or praise the unverified or the unseen is more mysterious than the whole alien subject itself. I think it’s all suspicious. Every single time I’ve inquired in the subject…the answers are either defensive, purposely vague, or left un-answered.

Have you ever considered this realm/reality/world was a school for soul/spiritual advancement? Do you look around and realize your environment is compatible to your thoughts? Do you offer/promote/advertise solutions more than you promote/advertise problems?

Do you really think you control the way you think? What will you be thinking / doing with your presence today?

Hmmm, being mindful is how to be careful.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), Ellisa (28th October 2014), ulli (27th October 2014), william r sanford72 (27th October 2014)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

People who are MSM spokespersons are always operating with a specific agenda.
    They speak with the aim of pressing the public's buttons.
    They might even be orchestrating public responses.

Data mining is the least of their objectives...the more outrageous their claims and statements
    the more they want to get the flavour of the soup they are stirring.

I thought Avalonians were a bit beyond taking this stuff at face value.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

avid (27th October 2014), Becky (28th October 2014), Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), donk (27th October 2014), Ellisa (28th October 2014), Jake (27th October 2014), Omni (27th October 2014), seko (27th October 2014), Sir Eltor (28th October 2014), Yetti (31st October 2014)

19. Link to Post #12
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

This is the British Bull**** Corporation (BBC) don't waste any thoughts or breath criticising this joke of an organisation. A condition of working for the BBC is that you must remove whatever brain you have first

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), Lifebringer (28th October 2014)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote I thought Avalonians were a bit beyond taking this stuff at face value.
    I wish. To think this guy "believes" or "decides" anything is like saying Bush or America or the government does.

We still give power to the belief in these reality show stars and abstract energetic concepts...

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    Is it that far fetched that this particular one-in-infinite chance existence that we find ourselves in happens to be the one where there are no other beings in all of existence except for us--or maybe just that we are in one part of an infinite universe that currently has no other occupants? Instead of actual ETs like there are in the other infinite-minus-one existences, we are stuck in the one where it's only mind control from other humans, who "evolved" from some fluke? Doesn't probablility allow for that?
    Yes, it is that far fetched IMO. The chances of us being alone in the universe is about the same chance as me being the sole creator of this entire universe yet the US government deleted that memory and somehow trapped me in an amnesic body... lol. How probable is that? I'd say zero. We can figure things out with logic when there is no proof. No guarantees on logic being right, as logic can be flawed. But if done right, you can piece together quite a lot with logic. At least something as easy as life in the universe...

If you said something like we could be an early bloomer in the universe, and ETs are not around us because nobody has come up with advanced enough tech to get here, it would be more reasonable IMO. However, back when the dinosaurs were roaming the earth, some humanoids in our galaxy were around where we are now. We are not an early bloomer. In fact we are a late bloomer it seems.

I respect the ability to debate or speak of things that one does not believe, but I think it's not very useful in this case. It's too obvious of an answer. Even in infinite amounts of universes some things do not take place IMO. Like only one planet with evolved lifeforms when there are more than 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ planets that can harbor life in the universe (just a guesstimate).
    Last edited by Omni; 27th October 2014 at 18:10.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

donk (27th October 2014)

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

What's useful about "debating" something that is pretty much a prerequesite to being on the forum in the first place? To me, not much, except as a novelty.

Although i do like other's perception on reality. I find yours interesting, in the way you "limit" it...

...HEH!! this was a slip, but will leave it. I meant (at least consciously, I thought) infinite

25. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

We were talking about this on Bills thread and I have been speculating the
    amount of disclosure going on in the last decade from the web and even
    mainstream outlets with the discovery of more and more 'goldilocks' planets..

We could be living in a holographic maitrix , but within that ET's would
    be as 'real' as us in this reality .Who knows on the Astral plane ?

Yes its speculation , intuition and many witness statements and
    experiances . In a universe of all possibilities anything is possible.
    So if Brians reality excludes ET's until the day one taps him on the
    shoulder that's up to him and millions of others who share his views.
    I don't and think the universe is teaming with life , probably here
    all ready.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote •The human race as we know it is the outcome of an ET experiment.
    •The ET experimenters are 100% benign and non-violent. They will not interfere, whatever happens in their experiment (which has been in progress for just under a million years, with another two million to run).
    •What was UNPLANNED is that the human race would get hold of advanced technology (from UFO crashes, which were never intended or anticipated by the experimenters) — and use this to escape the planet and go off into the galaxy.
    This is quite logical to me , it could have been the Annunaki in a lab in Africa , per
    Sitchin, Tellinger and very topical with the various virus outbreaks coming from
    that region man made or natural , aids , Ebola. Though if you go back in history
    there have been many plagues not necessarily coming out of Africa. It could be the
    Greys or some other race , but they seem to be interfering to much if abductions
    and interactions are anything to go by.

The Booteans the local galactic ambassadors who have monitored us for millions of
    years and aprox 27,000 yrs ago changed a existing hominoid on earth by altering
    the jaw and wrist/thumb, and may be the ET's who have been helping China since
    the mid 1990's. Although the date of 27 ,000 does not seem long enough ago ? Or
    there could be other race or races involved......

The Pleiadians interacted with the North American Indians and some other
    interesting info in the discussion on the link below , Bob reads from a leaflet
    channelled by the Evergreens, Bob worked in intelligence for MI5 and others
    before retiring and going into the media in the 1980's. He is still going strong
    in his 90's, his last show last sat/sun was 18hrs long live, and they are a
    phenomenon in there own right, though an acquired taste. I find amongst the
    deliberate ' babble' there is really good info....

Some of this is channelled info, but the Elites have always channelled and still do.....

Booteans....Explained by Bob...from the 'Evergreens'...
    Memes, Ira Einhorn, Walter Breen
    8 March 2005

Michael Blake Read
    (Born May 22, 1938 - January 27, 2013)

http://www.theevergreensproject.com/

Default What the Illuminati Know about ET's & Human evolution.....

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...erset+Booteans

400,000 years, Oldest Human DNA Leads To More Questions Than Answers ( major changes last 5 yrs)

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ans#post877903

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was I saying about the mainstreams drip drip disclosure, I had to laugh
    when I saw this even the BBC news page is joining in today....LOL .....
    Which is a bit coincindental , Although dismissed by some sceptics
    its an pretty compelling incident imo , with far to many witness's for
    it to be imagination or mass hysteria . It was either ET's or advanced
    life already here living alongside us , parrellel universe visitors, Future
    time travelling tourists or advanced terrestrial military hardware , but
    seems a little early for that but who knows ? But any way not just
    migrating spiders...LOL.....Unless you know different ??

24 October 2014 Last updated at 01:31

The day UFOs stopped playBy Richard Padula
    BBC World Service Sport

The Stadio Artemi Franchi in 1954, the year the UFOs were sighted

Sixty years ago a football match ground to a halt when unidentified flying objects were
    spotted above a stadium in Florence. Did aliens come to earth? If not, what were they?

It was 27 October 1954, a typically crisp autumn day in Tuscany. The mighty Fiorentina
    club was playing against its local rival Pistoiese.

Ten-thousand fans were watching in the concrete bowl of the Stadio Artemi Franchi. But
    just after half-time the stadium fell eerily silent - then a roar went up from the crowd. The
    spectators were no longer watching the match, but were looking up at the sky, fingers
    pointing. The players stopped playing, the ball rolled to a stand-still.

One of the footballers on the pitch was Ardico Magnini - he was something of a legend
    at the club and had played for Italy at the 1954 World Cup.

"I remember everything from A to Z," he says. "It was something that looked like an egg
    that was moving slowly, slowly, slowly. Everyone was looking up and also there was some
    glitter coming down from the sky, silver glitter.

"We were astonished we had never seen anything like it before. We were absolutely shocked."

Players pointing up at the sky

Play was suspended because spectators saw something in the sky, according to the
    referee's match report.

Among the crowd was Gigi Boni, a lifelong Fiorentina fan. "I remember clearly seeing this
    incredible sight," he says. His description of multiple objects differs slightly from Magnini's.

"They were moving very fast and then they just stopped. It all lasted a couple of minutes.
    I would like to describe them as being like Cuban cigars. They just reminded me of Cuban
    cigars, in the way they looked."

La Nazione had a photo of the UFO over Florence La Nazione's headline reads: Glass fibres
    fall on Tuscan cities after globes and flying saucers pass by. Lower headline: The sighting
    over Florence (with a photograph, now lost, of the UFO).

Boni has spent many years reliving that day in his mind. "I think they were extra-terrestrial.
    That's what I believe, and there's no other explanation I can give myself."

Another of the players, Romolo Tuci, still sprightly in his 70s, agrees. "In those years everybody
    was talking about aliens, everybody was talking UFOs and we had the experience, we saw them,
    we saw them directly, for real."

The incident at the stadium cannot simply be interpreted as mass hysteria - there were numerous
    UFO sightings in many towns across Tuscany that day and over the days that followed. According
    to some eyewitness accounts a ray of white light was seen in the sky coming from Prato,
    north of Florence.

Another man who relishes the chance to speak about that day is Roberto Pinotti, the president of
    Italy's National UFO Centre. He has written many books about UFOs and his home in the centre of
    Florence is stuffed full of alien memorabilia, posters of old Italian B-movies, framed newspaper
    articles and black-and-white photographs of blurry flying saucers.

"The players and the public were stunned seeing these objects above the stadium," Pinotti says.

"At the time the newspapers spoke of aliens from Mars. Of course now we know that is not so - but
    we may conclude that it was an intelligent phenomenon, a technological phenomenon and a
    phenomenon that cannot be linked with anything we know on Earth."

He's also intrigued by the material that fell from the sky - what Magnini describes as silver glitter.

Illustration showing flying saucers over Florence "A wave of flying saucers over
    Italy," reported the Domenica del Corriere three years later. With thanks to the
    Fondazione Corriere della Sera for the use of material from their historic archives.

Artist's impression of UFOs over stadium A sketch of UFOs over the stadium by Silvio Neri

"It is a fact that at the same time the UFOs were seen over Florence there was a strange, sticky
    substance falling from above. In English we call this 'angel hair'," says Pinotti.

"The only problem is after a short period of time it disintegrates." As a 10-year-old-boy he witnessed
    this phenomenon himself. "I remember, in broad daylight, seeing the roofs of the houses in Florence
    covered in this white substance for one hour and, like snow, it just evaporated.

"No-one knows what this strange substance has to do with UFOs."

"Angel hair" - the fluff that fell from the sky

Variously described by witnesses as similar to cotton wool or cobwebs, the substance was hard to collect
    because it disintegrated on contact - but some people were determined to find out what it was.

One of them was a journalist at the Florentine newspaper La Nazione, the late Giorgio Batini. In 2003 he
    told an Italian television programme, Voyager, how on that day he received hundreds of phone calls about
    the sightings. From the offices of La Nazione in the centre of town his own view of the sky was blocked by
    the Cathedral, so he went up to the top of the newspaper's building to see what everyone was talking about.
    The 81-year-old recalled seeing "shiny balls" moving fast towards the dome of the Cathedral.

Continue reading the main story
    Find out more
    The players and fans from that legendary game spoke to World Football on BBC World Service.

Listen via the iPlayer

Batini ventured out to investigate. He came across a wood outside the city that was covered in the white fluff.
    He gathered several samples by rolling them up on a matchstick, and took them to the Institute of Chemical
    Analysis at the University of Florence. When he got there he found that others had done the same.

The lab, led by respected scientist Prof Giovanni Canneri, subjected the material to spectrographic analysis and
    concluded that it contained the elements boron, silicon, calcium and magnesium, and that it was not radioactive.
    Unfortunately this did not provide any conclusive answers - and the material was destroyed in the process.

A sample of the mysterious "angel hair" A sample of the mysterious "angel hair" was photographed for the
    newspapers Could it have come from a UFO? "It's an absolutely silly idea. Science totally rejects this idea,
    " says US Air Force pilot-turned-astronomer James McGaha. From the Grasslands Observatory in South
    Eastern Arizona he has spent more than 40,000 hours staring at the night sky. Not to mention the additional
    hours he's spent in the cockpit of US fighter jets.

"You know the whole UFO phenomenon is nothing but myth, magic and superstition, wrapped up in this idea
    that somehow aliens are coming here either to save us or destroy us," he says.

In McGaha's view, the whole spectacle, "angel hair" and all, was nothing more than migrating spiders.

"When I looked at this case originally I thought perhaps it was a fireball, a very bright meteor breaking up in
    the atmosphere. They can be cigar-shaped with pieces breaking off. But it became fairly apparent that this
    was actually caused by young spiders spinning webs, very, very thin webs.

"The spiders use these webs as sails and they link together and you get a big glob of this stuff in the sky and
    the spiders ride on this to move between locations. They just fly on the wind and these things have been
    recorded at 14,000 feet above the ground. So, when the sunlight glistens off this, you get all kinds of visual effects.

Short vid on migrating spider webs on link...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29342407

"As some of this stuff breaks off and falls to the ground, this all seems magical of course," says McGaha.
    "But I'm fairly confident that's what happened that day."

This theory is backed up by the fact that September and October are the months when spiders in the northern
    hemisphere migrate - and spectacular spider migrations still make headlines today. But it hasn't convinced everyone.

"Of course I know about the migrating spiders hypothesis - it's pure nonsense. It's an old story and also a stupid
    story," says Pinotti.

He disputes the spider theory because of the chemical analysis of the "angel hair" samples. Spider silk is a
    protein - an organic compound containing nitrogen, calcium, hydrogen and oxygen - not the elements
    reportedly found in the samples Batini and others brought to the university.

The witnesses reunite at Stadio Artemi Franchi: Ardico Magnini, Gigi Boni, Ronaldo Lomi and Romolo Tuci Players
    Ardico Magnini, Ronaldo Lomi and Romolo Tuci with their fan Gigi Boni (second left), at the ground

Sixty years on, the chances of determining the cause of the incident are slim. "I wouldn't trust any reports of an
    old and strange event like this unless I'd seen the data," says science writer Philip Ball. He agrees that the
    elements said to have been observed in the "angel hair" don't seem to tally with the spider theory.

"Magnesium and calcium are fairly common elements in living bodies, boron and silicon much less so - but if these
    were the main elements that the white fluff contained, it doesn't sound to me as though they'd come from spiders," he says.

So it all remains a mystery. No matter what the scientists say, those who were there are convinced that what
    they saw was unlike anything on earth.

Romolo Tuci just feels lucky to have been there. His eyes dance excitedly as he remembers that curious day.
    "I was spell-bound and I was also so, so happy."

Video of spiders ballooning courtesy of Rob Ferber, Little Grove Farm

Additional research by Vibeke Venema

Listen again to the Mystery of the Fiorentina UFOs as featured on World Football on BBC World Service.

Subscribe to the BBC News Magazine's email newsletter to get articles sent to your inbox.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29342407

Defense Minister tell RT "Aliens Visiting Earth for Thousands of Years" Jaw Dropping Interview

Published on 22 Jun 2014

Sophie Shevardnadze: Our guest today is the Honorable Paul Hellyer, former
    minister of Defense of Canada, and he believes that life forms from space are
    present on Earth. It's great to have you on our show. Why do you say that UFOs
    are as real as airplanes flying over our heads?

Paul Hellyer: Because I know that they are. As a matter of fact, they've been
    visiting our planet for thousands of years and one of the cases that would interest
    you most if you give me two or three minutes to answer is that during the Cold
    War, 1961, there were about 50 UFOs in formation flying south from Russia across
    Europe, and Supreme Allied Command was very concerned and about ready to
    press the "Panic" button when they turned around and went back over the North
    Pole. They decided to do an investigation and they investigated for 3 years and
    they decided that, with absolute certainty, four species - at least -- had been
    visiting this planet for thousands of years. We have a long history of UFOs and of
    course there has been a lot more activity in the last few decades, since we invented
    the atomic bomb and they are very concerned about that and the fact that we
    might use it again, and because the Cosmos is a unity and it affects not just us but
    other people in the Cosmos, they are very much afraid that we might be stupid
    enough to start using atomic weapons again, and this would be very bad for us and
    for them as well.

He was Canadian minister of Defense in 1960s, ruling over the country's armed
    forces during the time of the Cold War -- and when he retired he publicly stated
    that we are not alone in the universe, and some guests from outer space actually
    live here, on planet Earth. Is this fantasy? Is someone actually watching us? Today
    we ask the man who says UFOs are a serious business -- Paul Hellyer.

If we down at least one UFO we'll be facing an interstellar war - Former Defense
    Minister of Canada
    FULL SCRIPT: http://on.rt.com/32htd6

The day UFOs stopped play......Florance Italy 1954 // UFO Files of the Italian Air Force

more on .....https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...612#post892612

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...591#post892591
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 28th October 2014 at 16:26.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Ellisa (28th October 2014), karamba (28th October 2014), selinam (27th October 2014)

27. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    What's useful about "debating" something that is pretty much a prerequesite to being on the forum in the first place? To me, not much, except as a novelty.

Although i do like other's perception on reality. I find yours interesting, in the way you "limit" it...

...HEH!! this was a slip, but will leave it. I meant (at least consciously, I thought) infinite
    Reality does have some limits IMO. Like natural law for example. It does not change, it has limits. To think reality is unlimited is a step towards solopsism. There are not infinite amounts of possibilities, possibilities are a finite thing. Just like thoughts. Thoughts are finite in the number of available ones. A universe with billions/trillions of galaxies each containing billions/trillions of stars, and most stars have planets... Sorry but I can identify that there is no such universe with only one planet with life as an extremely high probability.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), donk (27th October 2014)

29. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I apologise for those who have seen these posts on Bills thread but they
    fit this thread as well.....Yes they are all theories , then again that's
    what mainstream science is a theory until the next discovery in many cases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Interesting question.

How could we possibly be the one and only planet teaming with life in a universe composed of a minimum of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars (100 octillion). Can you imagine that?

Statistically speaking, we simply cannot be the only ones. Somewhere, somehow, there must be other forms of life in this huge universe. So yes, I really believe in the notion of ETs.

I don't think we are alone and never have been , and disclosure has been
    happening over the last 70 years at least if not more thru fiction and movies as well
    as TV and now the web. Although not official its all but as far as I can see....

I just had a quick look in my archive and theres many more threads by other
    Avalonians, and researchers .Here a few that tell me we are not alone from recent
    reports...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Astronomers discover most Earth-like planet 26/6/14.....only a few weeks after the last one !!

Many on here already think the universe is teaming with habitable planets, but
    its still interesting how they are disclosing slowly these discoveries so as when
    the big one comes it will not be a surprise.......

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...he-last-one---
    ==========================================================

Are we alone in the universe? // NASA getting closer to finding alien life
    Are we alone in the universe?

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ing-alien-life

=========================================================

Complex organic molecule found in interstellar space // Water on distant Neptune-sized planet
    26 September 2014 Last updated at 10:56

Complex organic molecule found in interstellar space
    By Michael Eyre Science reporter
    Alma telescope

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...e-sized-planet

========================================================

‘Alien life found above Derbyshire proves we’re descended from extraterrestrials’, say scientists

OK its not the ET's we think are out there and visiting/living here for eons but its a start....

It was only a decade or so scientists thought we maybe the only solar system
    with potential 'Goldilocks' planets now there are many of them and growing...

The ground work for disclosure has been laid by mainstream science over the
    last decade , whether they go the final step is the big question ??.....

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...say-scientists

=========================================================

Graham Hancock - Ancient Man and Our Mysterious Origins // Gobekli Tepe Roundtable march 2014

Graham has been researching for a follow up to his book 'Fingerprints of the Gods'
    In the light of new discoveries , in this presentation he discusses that and more.......

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ble-march-2014

========================================================

Richplanet TV - 21/06/14.. Edgar Fouche & US Secret Space Fleet with resarcher Andrew Johnson Avalon member

Richplanet TV - 21/06/14 Show - US Secret Space Fleet Program

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Avalon-member

===================
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 27th October 2014 at 18:30.

30. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I don't know if this is a genuine quote , but quite good.......

===============================================

The other option apart from religion is Darwinism , which is possible
    with ET intervention at a later stage as per the Annunaki , Booteans
    or other races......

We have probably all heard variations of the current evolution of
    humans, heres some of the most recent articles, for those who
    like to compare mainstream with alternate like I do.......and
    a lot of the mainstream is speculation and more fancy full than
    ET intervention imo .

I just finished the vid below and it gives a docu/drama how the picture
    of the brief history of paleontology , and the relatively thin evidence of
    their theory. It was made in 2005 and not as recent as the posting suggest,
    so does not contain a lot of recent discoveries posted in the other articles
    below, but still interesting as a basis of mainstream science 'evolution
    of man'.......

=====================================================

Ape to Human Evolution - Where We Came From? If Apes Evolved into Humans, Why Do We Still Have Apes?

Published on 10 Jul 2014

Since Charles Darwin published the theory of evolution by means of natural
    selection in 1859, myths and misinterpretations have eroded public understanding
    of his ideas. For example, some people continue to argue that evolution isn't a valid
    scientific theory because it can't be tested. This, of course, isn't true. Scientists
    have successfully run numerous laboratory tests that support the major tenets of
    evolution. And field scientists have been able to use the fossil record to answer
    important questions about natural selection and how organisms change over time.

Still, the evolution-is-not-falsifiable myth remains popular. So does this one: The
    second law of thermodynamics, which says an orderly system will always become
    disorderly, makes evolution impossible. This myth reflects a general
    misunderstanding of entropy, the term used by physicists to describe randomness
    or disorder. The second law does state that the total entropy of a closed system
    can't decrease, but it does allow parts of a system to become more orderly as long
    as other parts becomes less so. In other words, evolution and the second law
    of thermodynamics can live together in harmony.

One of the most persistent myths, however, concerns the relationship of humans to
    great apes, a group of primates that includes the gorilla, orangutan and
    chimpanzee. Someone who believes the myth will say, "If evolution exists, then
    humans must be descended directly from apes. Apes must have changed, step by
    step, into humans." This same person will often follow up with this observation: "If
    apes 'turned into' humans, then apes should no longer exist." Although there are
    several ways to attack this assertion, the bottom-line rebuttal is simple -- humans
    didn't descend from apes. That's not to say humans and apes aren't related, but
    the relationship can't be traced backward along a direct line of descent, one form
    morphing into another. It must be traced along two independent lines, far back into
    time until the two lines merge.

The intersection of the two lines represents something special, what biologists refer
    to as a common ancestor. This apelike ancestor, which probably lived 5 to 11
    million years ago in Africa, gave rise to two distinct lineages, one resulting in
    hominids -- humanlike species -- and the other resulting in the great ape species
    living today. Or, to use a family tree analogy, the common ancestor occupied a
    trunk, which then divided into two branches. Hominids developed along one branch,
    while the great ape species developed along another branch.

What did this common ancestor look like? Although the fossil record has been
    stingy with answers, it seems logical that the animal would have possessed
    features of both humans and apes. In 2007, Japanese scientists believe they found
    the jawbone and teeth of just such an animal. By studying the size and shape of
    the teeth, they determined that the ape was gorilla-sized and had an appetite for
    hard nuts and seeds. They named it Nakalipithecus nakayamai and calculated its
    age to be 10 million years old. That puts the ape in the right place on the time line.
    More important, the scientists found the ancient bones in the Samburu Hills of
    northern Kenya. That puts N. nakayamai in the right geographic place, along a
    trajectory of hominid evolution that stretches for several hundred miles in eastern
    Africa. The Middle Awash region of Ethiopia lies to the north, where the African
    continent dead-ends into the Red Sea.Today, the Middle Awash region burns hot
    and inhospitable beneath a desert sun. But 10 million years ago, according to
    paleontologists and geologists, it held a cool, wet forest teeming with life. Is it
    possible that an apelike creature such as N. nakayamai lived in these fertile
    woodlands? Is it furthermore possible that the creature was just beginning to
    experiment with a new lifestyle, one that brought it down to the ground from the
    trees? Scientists think so, and they've been coming for years to the Middle Awash
    region, as well as points south, to learn when and how humanlike species diverged
    from the great apes.

One of the most important Middle Awash discoveries came in 1994, when a team of
    scientists led by Tim White of the University of California, Berkeley, found
    skeletal remains that included skull, pelvis and hand and foot bones. When the t
    eam pieced the skeleton together, it revealed a very early hominid that walked
    upright, yet still retained an opposable toe, a trait commonly found in tree-climbing primates.

Category
    Science & Technology

============================================================================

22 October 2014 Last updated at 18:06

DNA yields secrets of human pioneerPallab Ghosh
    By Pallab Ghosh

Science correspondent, BBC News DNA analysis of a 45,000-year-old human has helped scientists
    pinpoint when our ancestors interbred with Neanderthals.

Early European Universal human: This reconstruction is of a different modern
    human from Romania 43,000 years ago. But it gives some clues to what the
    Siberian man may have looked like. This population was not long out of Africa and
    genetically midway between Europeans and Asians The genome sequence from a
    thigh bone found in Siberia shows the first episode of mixing occurred between
    50,000 and 60,000 years ago.

The male hunter is one of the earliest modern humans discovered in Eurasia.

The study in Nature journal also supports the finding that our species emerged
    from Africa some 60,000 years ago, before spreading around the world.

The analysis raises the possibility that the human line first emerged millions of
    years earlier than current estimates.

Max-Plack Institute

The work of Prof Svante Paabo, from the Max Planck Institute in Leipzig, Germany,
    is rewriting the story of humanity. Prof Paabo and his colleagues have pioneered
    methods to extract DNA from ancient human remains and read its genetic code.

From this sequence, Prof Paabo has been able to decipher an increasingly detailed
    story of modern humans as they spread across the globe.

"The amazing thing is that we have a good genome of a 45,000 year old person
    who was close to the ancestor of all present-day humans outside Africa," Prof
    Paabo told BBC News.

Prof Paabo has analysed DNA from part of a leg bone of a man that lived in
    Western Siberia around 45,000 years ago. This is a key moment at the cross roads
    of the world, when modern humans were on the cusp of an expansion into Europe
    and Asia.

And the thigh bone is connected to your... evolutionary past. Prof Paabo Svante has
    unlocked the secrets contained in this femur from one of the earliest humans
    discovered out of Africa.

The key finding was that the man had large, unshuffled chunks of DNA from a now
    extinct species of human, Neanderthals who evolved outside of Africa.

"Our analysis shows that modern humans had already interbred with Neanderthals
    then and we can determine when that first happened much more precisely than we
    could before."

Natural History Museum

Prof Paabo and his team published research in 2010 which showed that all non-
    African humans today have Neanderthal DNA. But that genetic material has been
    broken into much smaller chunks over the generations.

By extrapolating the size of DNA chunks backwards, Prof Paabo and his colleagues
    were able to calculate when the first interbreeding with Neanderthals occurred. His
    study shows that it was between 50,000 and 60,000 years ago.

According to Prof Chris Stringer of the Natural History Museum in London, this early
    interbreeding might indicate when the ancestors of people living outside of Africa
    today made their first steps out of the continent inwhich our species evolved more
    than 150,000 years ago.

Prof Stringer was among those who believed that the first exit by modern humans
    from Africa that give rise to people outside of Africa today might have happened
    earlier, possibly 100,000 years ago. The evidence from Prof Paabo's research is
    persuading him that it was now much later.

"There is a dispute as to when that "Out of Africa" event happened and this fossil
    helps to look at that. It is close to the time I think that modern humans exited from
    Africa and gave rise to the populations in the rest of the world. I think that exit
    happened 60,000 years ago," he told BBC News.

River Irtysh Crossroads for humanity: the river Irtysh in Western Siberia where the
    bone was found. It comes from a time when the human race was about to embark
    on its journey to the rest of the world The new narrative seems to fit in with a
    recent new, more accurate dating of the arrival of modern humans into Europe by
    Prof Thomas Higham of Oxford University. Research published in August showed
    that this happened 45,000 years ago.

Watershed

Prof Paabo's 45,000 year-old man seems to have lived at a point that was both
    geographically, and in time, a crossroads for humanity.

"This does seem to mark a watershed where modern humans were pushing the
    boundaries further and further in their dispersal out of Africa," according to Prof
    Stringer.

Prof Paabo also compared the DNA of the man living 45,000 years ago with those
    living today. He found that the man was genetically midway between Europeans
    and Asians - indicating he lived close to the time before our species separated into
    different racial groups.

Prof Paabo was also able to estimate the rate at which human DNA has changed or
    mutated over the millennia. He found that it was slower than the rate suggested by
    fossil evidence and similar to what has been observed in families.

"We have caught evolution red handed!" Prof Paabo said gleefully.

This raises the possibility that the very first species of the human line separated
    from apes 10 or 11 million years ago - rather than the five or six million years ago
    that genetic evidence had previously suggested.

But he stressed in his research paper that much more analysis was needed before
    re-dating the emergence of the human line.

"We caution that (mutation) rates may have changed over time and may differ
    between human populations," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29649499

============================================================================

400,000 years, Oldest Human DNA Leads To More Questions Than Answers ( major changes last 5 yrs)

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...es-last-5-yrs-

===========================================================================

Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'

Theories and data are changing more rapidly in recent years and I think there is
    much more to it than this article shows , but interesting anyway....

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ancient-tribes

=========================================================================

New DNA study shows Humans Bred With Unknown Species

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...nknown-Species

=========================================================================

Has an Australian archaeologist found a new species of human?.// 'Enigma man' or 'Red Deer cave people'..

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...r-cave-people-..

========================================================================

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Ellisa (28th October 2014), Lifebringer (28th October 2014)

32. Link to Post #20
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

A very bold statement. He must have searched long and hard for alien life across the universe to come to this conclusion, that is what his good boy medal is for.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BF88 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th October 2014), karamba (28th October 2014), Lifebringer (28th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast