+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What actually happens when you have Deja Vu??

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member PAVONIA's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What actually happens when you have Deja Vu??

I have a few thoughts on what it means and why it happens, but was wondering what the community thought on this topic...

Some of the info of it online to me are kinda B.S. and not true.

It actually just happened to me now and it made me want to post this topic.

Thanks.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PAVONIA For This Post:

21g (31st October 2014), animovado (1st November 2014), Frank V (1st November 2014), Jake (31st October 2014), jjjones (1st November 2014), Kelly Anne (31st October 2014), regnak (1st November 2014), RUSirius (1st November 2014), Skyhaven (1st November 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (31st October 2014), the_real_dave-id (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: What actually happens when you have Deja Vu??

The topic has been on my mind since just yesterday I experienced Déjà-vu on two different occasions and it hasn't happened in a while, I just realized that I had earlier experienced almost exatcly the same kind of things in the same setting. It's always a very curious feeling of similarity... I just get know that I've experienced this moment before, even though it really wasn't the same moment. It's somehow related to memories. Yes, there are several articles about the subject online, but maybe someone here knows better.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

animovado (1st November 2014), Frank V (1st November 2014), Hazel (1st November 2014), Jake (31st October 2014), jjjones (1st November 2014), Kelly Anne (31st October 2014), Skyhaven (1st November 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (31st October 2014), the_real_dave-id (31st October 2014), yelik (31st October 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

I think people sensitive to the fact that reality/time/space is not ultimately linear experience a TON of deja vu.

There has to be more to it than some chemical lag spike

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have always been very interested in this experience and when it comes I do whatever I can to stay with it as long as possible.

I have found no clear indication of what it is about, but chemical lag spike definitely feels "off" to me.
    Last edited by the_real_dave-id; 31st October 2014 at 20:50.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_real_dave-id For This Post:

Frank V (1st November 2014), Jake (31st October 2014), Kelly Anne (31st October 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member Observer1964's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 times in 457 posts

Did Philip K. Dick disclose the Real Matrix in 1977?

This is an abbreviated transcript of the closing words of Philip K. Dick’s speech given at the 1977 Metz Sci-Fi Convention, where he is describing his creative process in his 27 years of writing science fiction novels:

“At no time did I have a theoretical or conscious explanation for my preoccupation with these pluriform pseudo-worlds. But now, I think I understand. What I was sensing was the manifold of partially-actualized realities lying tangent to what evidently is the most actualized reality - the one which the majority of us agree on by ‘consensus gentium’ [Latin for the “agreement of the people”]...

“I wrote out these dreams in novel after novel; to name two in which this prior ugly present obtained most clearly, I cite ‘The Man in the High Castle’ and in my 1974 novel about the United States as a police state called ‘Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said.’ I’m going to be very candid with you. I wrote both novels based on fragmentary residual memories I had of such a horrid slave state world.

“People claim to remember past lives. I claim to remember a different—very different—present life. I know of nobody who has ever made this claim before but I rather suspect that my experience is not unique. What perhaps is unique is my willingness to talk about it. We are living in a computer-programmed reality and the only clue we have to it is when some variable is changed and some alteration in our reality occurs. We would have the overwhelming impression that we were living the present déjà vu—perhaps precisely in the same way, hearing the same words, saying the same words—I submit that these impressions are valid and significant. And I will even say this: such an impression is a clue that, at some past time point, a variable was changed—reprogrammed as it were—and that because of this, an alternative world branched off.”

Examine all things and retain the good.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Observer1964 For This Post:

animovado (1st November 2014), Frank V (1st November 2014), Hazel (1st November 2014), Jake (31st October 2014), Kelly Anne (31st October 2014), Mike Gorman (1st November 2014), Selene (31st October 2014), the_real_dave-id (1st November 2014), toppy (1st November 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Kelly Anne's Avatar
    Thanks

Deja Vu has been happening a lot to me in the past few weeks...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly Anne For This Post:

Frank V (1st November 2014), Jake (31st October 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Deja Vu, for me,, is a memory of a dream,, though not a premanition,,,, a CREATION... These eyes are receivers, but they are also projectors,, interfacing mind with consciousness... Deja vu is a memory of you creating it, though the linear bleed-through is confusing...

I've heard it said that in rare instances,, one dominant eye will receive and process information a split second before the other,, and in that rare moment,,, we experience a 'hallucination' that we call DejaVu...

A nice try,, but not the correct explanation,, IMHO...

I have had profound deja vu, where i was able to go back to my dream journal and read it back to myself the way i saw it when i 'created' it..

Some will say 'premonition'.. I will say 'creation'... Though it may be splitting hairs...

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

13th Warrior (31st October 2014), Frank V (1st November 2014), Hazel (1st November 2014), noprophet (1st November 2014), seko (1st November 2014), Selene (31st October 2014), Skyhaven (1st November 2014), tcjim1 (31st October 2014), Wind (31st October 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 913 posts

I also used to wonder about my deja vu; until i realized I was experiencing an event I had dreamt of previously.

As Jake has stated, these dreams are not premonitions of any seemingly significant event...just ordinary everyday type activities.
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Frank V (1st November 2014), Jake (1st November 2014), Skyhaven (1st November 2014), Wind (1st November 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

I have Dega Vu experiences all the time and its something I see like a picture, image in my mind that I see somewhere from 4-6 months down the road. I'm actually there and see what I saw 4-6 months earlier and then it hits me. The last one that came true was about three -fours weeks ago and saw the aftermath of a bad accident on the highway. Who ever was in this grey suv is no longer alive and it made me very sad to witness this, but I have no control over my Dega Vu experiences. For me Dega Vu is when I see an future event this event happens in dream state and I remember that's just it. A very small picture is what I get and it burns into my mind.

My Deja Vu experiences for the most part are maybe a place I visit or somebody I meet or something I'm near that happens. I was told these Deja Vu experiences are my timelines synching up. Whatever the case they happen to me and I'm use to it. I have told a hand full of people and they are like so your physic? I tell them no I can't predict the future I see very small glimpses of something to happen that includes me, cause I see and I'm in the moment. To some its weird but to me its the norm.

I will say that Deja Vu is happening more and more to me and I think with the planetary energies changing its affecting me alot.
    Last edited by Sith73; 1st November 2014 at 00:39. Reason: spelling

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Frank V (1st November 2014), Jake (1st November 2014), toppy (1st November 2014), Wind (1st November 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Re-incarnation is a fact , the time between lifetimes is normally 152 years and 21 days ... with the overpopulation of Earth , spirit forms are coming back sooner and time between incarnations is shorter now in the new time ... all the cosmic laws are somehow broken ... it could be 10 or 20 or 50 years between incarnations ... the previous lifetime is being carried over in remnants to the next life where they should have been totally absorbed(hence the 152 years) in the akashic records/energy field of Earth ... the old lifetime should remain in the storage banks , the new life should have no memory of the old one ... it all stems from overpopulation , too many spirits incarnating too fast , not maturing in spiritual knowledge on the other side ... it is the reason for the Deja Vu ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

ElfeMya (1st November 2014), Jake (1st November 2014), Skyhaven (1st November 2014), Verdilac (1st November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

It is a compelling concept - I used to experience Deja Vu a heck of a lot in my 20's & 30's - it got to the point where I distrusted reality completely,
    even parts of what a friend might be saying and the way they looked would trigger the sensation that there were like multiple recurrences, like membranes stacked together - extremely unsettling!

Phillip K Dick may be onto something - or he may have just taken too much amphetamines, which he liked , he sounds lucid enough though?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Hazel (1st November 2014), Jake (1st November 2014), Skyhaven (1st November 2014), Wind (1st November 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

If your up for the pondering... here's a scientific hypotheses, which is an excerpt from the video series "The Magic of Consciousness" featuring Dan Dennett. In this video, Dennett proposes one of the explanations for the _Déjà Vu_ experience.

And out on the limb... personally I identify with Bashars' take on the phenomenon:

Last edited by Hazel; 1st November 2014 at 10:47.

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member PAVONIA's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Deja Vu, for me,, is a memory of a dream,, though not a premanition,,,, a CREATION... These eyes are receivers, but they are also projectors,, interfacing mind with consciousness... Deja vu is a memory of you creating it, though the linear bleed-through is confusing...

I've heard it said that in rare instances,, one dominant eye will receive and process information a split second before the other,, and in that rare moment,,, we experience a 'hallucination' that we call DejaVu...

A nice try,, but not the correct explanation,, IMHO...

I have had profound deja vu, where i was able to go back to my dream journal and read it back to myself the way i saw it when i 'created' it..

Some will say 'premonition'.. I will say 'creation'... Though it may be splitting hairs...

Jake.

I 100% agree with you.

There has been times when I would be doing something with my wife and I'll say "wow, I'm having Deja Vu and I know I dreamt this before". I just think you need to be in turn with it and understand it to focus on whats happening. Its easy to write off anything but it takes a true believer to take the information in and find truth in it.
    Like they say "Dreams are the gateway to reality" and I 100% agree with that too. There has been times when Deja Vu happens and I know i dreamt it, and (like someone said before) I try to stay within that moment and look around, see whats happening, look in other directions what I didnt in my dream, see why this is happening.
    Its an experience thats really amazing and yet hard to understand.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PAVONIA For This Post:

Jake (1st November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

25. Link to Post #14
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Hi Hazel
    I love Bashar! His definition of deja vu is brilliant. Will be watching the Dan Dennet vid, sounds great.
    Thanks!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Jake (1st November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Okay, DejaVu story.

I was about 10 years old. I was in the Cub Scouts. I remember that I was not yet old enough to go the the Boy Scout Camp, but our Cub Scout group was able to go up to the camp for an Activities day.. Some troops were busy helping out with different things.. Me and a friend of mine decided we would just go down by the lake and check things out.. (long story short,,) We were standing on a big rock looking out at the lake.. I started having a very vivid/deep DejaVu,, one of those that you can damn near say out loud what is going to happen next.. I turned around to look at my friend. He was sitting on the rock, grinning from ear to ear.. He said to me,, "I'm having DejaVu!!" I knew he was going to say that,, but i didn't say anything,, we both just grinned and looked around,, Both of us having DejaVu..

A double DejaVu?? Well, definately NOT a trick of the eye... lol...

This kid shared my first name, and my middle name.. We were born on the EXACT same day,, AND we were born in the same Hospital.... Getting weird??

When we got back to camp and had to change back into our uniforms,, we told another, older kid,, about it and one of the Scout Masters overheard and said that HE TOO had had a DejaVu just minutes before we had returned from the lake...

What?? 3 simultaneous DejaVu??

If folks would just take the time to try and wrap their heads around stuff like this,, then we may not be in such a strange predicament regarding 'belief' systems...

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (1st November 2014)

29. Link to Post #16
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

How bizarre. My son had deja vu all afternoon once...at a scout camp.
    Wild series of synchronicities and great story!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Jake (1st November 2014)

31. Link to Post #17
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

What is a Deja vu, I can't tell.
    But what I can say about them is, that I'm having them my whole life. all the time.
    They teached me one important thing. Whenever I have such a Deja vu I have to become very much aware and concentrated and I have to act in a different way as I have seen it before. Otherwise I would have problems and obstacles. Since I accepted that, my life has become much easier and I encounter less obstacles on my way.
    Stay healthy

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

Jake (1st November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread