+ Reply to Thread

Thread: James Sloan - Alkaline Myth & Hype- The Acid-Alkaline Truth Exposed

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default James Sloan - Alkaline Myth & Hype- The Acid-Alkaline Truth Exposed

This deserves it's own thread (thanks to Skyhaven)
    This guy answered so many questions I had in the back of my mind regarding this issue... I'd still like to ask him more... but this validates a lot of info, and makes so much sense... Marcus is almost distracting, but James is trying to share some hard won research...

I never completely understood Andrew Norton Webber's explanation of organic vs inorganic, and left it "on a shelf" and figured it would resolve itself with more information... I also read from a Health Website MD, that the body's ability to absorb any nutrient depends on what is in the stomach at the time (lightbulb!) Of course that makes sense, since we have been told from the beginning to take vitamins with (or right after) meals.

I am definitely still pro distilled water, etc, but the mineral water, spring water, mountain water issue never clicked. I think one of the biggest factors with "mineral" water is contamination. i.e. I read an article (Natural News?) stating fluoride either accumulates heavy metals in water, or amplifies your body's ability to absorb heavy metals (?) So distilled is the simple solution. (excuse the pun!)

This would be the area of questions I would like to ask James... I love it where he states he spent 13 years in the health field and then "got out" i.e. chose the pro-life approach instead of main stream Rockefeller controlled big pharma death for dollars program (ok, he didn't say all that... but...)

James Sloan - Alkaline Myth & Hype- The Acid-Alkaline Truth Exposed
    Last edited by sigma6; 1st November 2014 at 01:57.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

betoobig (2nd November 2014), chocolate (1st November 2014), etheric underground (1st November 2014), Flash (11th November 2014), fourty-two (2nd November 2014), genevieve (1st November 2014), Hazel (1st November 2014), heyokah (3rd November 2014), Icare (15th August 2023), kritter (7th November 2014), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2014), TrumanCash (2nd November 2014), unearth9 (1st November 2014), WhiteFeather (1st November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

Default Re: James Sloan - Alkaline Myth & Hype- The Acid-Alkaline Truth Exposed

Having not seen that video, I dare interject an idea - no minerals and metals in water is no electrolytes which equals no charge (slightly negative) in the water which means neutral ph which is the same as no energy.

I recommend Gerald Pollacks lectures on the matter of fourth phase of water - in essence you can drink distilled water but need to supplement electrolytes. Electrolyte rich drinking water is another way to do it. Negative charge ie slightly alkaline intracellular ph is the key whichever way you look at it.

UT

Edit: now I remember I have checked this out earlier. The main argument was that you need acid to fight pathogens and do other functions ergo you cannot alkalize. No-one (I think) has the illusion that all acidicity is bad in the body and is to get rid off. My added point is: no electrolytes, no charge separation, no negative charge and NO positive charge either. You need to get both, and both you get from drinking enough water and taking care of your electrolytes. In general you get slightly negative charge(alkaline) and that is the battery you run with, that is where your -70 to -90 mV of intracellular charge comes from. This process also creates the necessary acid into your body at the same time.
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 1st November 2014 at 04:21.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

chocolate (1st November 2014), etheric underground (1st November 2014), Hazel (1st November 2014), Michael Moewes (2nd November 2014), Orph (1st November 2014), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2014), WhiteFeather (1st November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    Having not seen that video, I dare interject an idea - no minerals and metals in water is no electrolytes which equals no charge (slightly negative) in the water which means neutral ph which is the same as no energy.

I recommend Gerald Pollacks lectures on the matter of fourth phase of water - in essence you can drink distilled water but need to supplement electrolytes. Electrolyte rich drinking water is another way to do it. Negative charge ie slightly alkaline intracellular ph is the key whichever way you look at it.

UT

Edit: now I remember I have checked this out earlier. The main argument was that you need acid to fight pathogens and do other functions ergo you cannot alkalize. No-one (I think) has the illusion that all acidity is bad in the body and is to get rid off. My added point is: no electrolytes, no charge separation, no negative charge and NO positive charge either. You need to get both, and both you get from drinking enough water and taking care of your electrolytes. In general you get slightly negative charge(alkaline) and that is the battery you run with, that is where your -70 to -90 mV of intracellular charge comes from. This process also creates the necessary acid into your body at the same time.
    apparently not, and we have to stop using misleading metaphorical terms, as if they are literal hard science. Water is not living or dead, that's a biological term, which is probably why it was snuck into the new age health movement in the first place. If you want to talk about specific properties of water that's fine, we know it has the capacity to store information, i.e. responsive to conscious thought, in relation to it's crystalline structure, it has the capacity to attract minerals to it, has a Ph, negative/positive charge (especially when it is devoid of minerals itself...) Water is a compound comprised of two elements, with a list of properties, that make it inimical to biochemistry and thus life. There is no point in speculating on higher levels of complexity if people don't even understand the basic fundamental principles... we need to get back to basics, and subtract what appears to end up being "precursors" to marketing hype...

For example, James Sloan adroitly points out... the makers of yangen alkalinized water machines don't have any authorization from any health authority in Japan, it turns out its an authorization/certification regarding the manufacture of the machines themselves. The "deception" here is monumental, and blows the whole premise of appeal to scientific authority, regarding any health benefits, out of the water... (so to speak...) at least from that avenue... the implications are not good at all. It's that kind of detailed matter of fact research that needs to put on the table.

To clarify, this thread isn't about distilled water, except I consider it to be the most valuable to work with, since it's in it's most pure, unadulterated state, by definition, and therefore has the greatest utility... it came up because Ph is one of it's attributes... But the focus is on Ph itself, Acidity vs Alkalinity. How that works, what it is about, how that applies to human health, nutrition, best practices, etc...

and I might suggest watching the vid, it was a huge leap of clarification and insight, why I am posting here... this answers questions

Last edited by sigma6; 1st November 2014 at 19:55.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

astridmari (1st November 2014), chocolate (1st November 2014), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Thanks for the separate thread (to Skyhaven, too).
    Sometimes it is difficult to speak of some really fundamental truths, but that cannot be a hindrance.

Thanks to Ultima Thule, too.
    I think her post is important too.
    We are, after all, predominantly water beings ( apart from being also spiritual beings... ).

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Michael Moewes (2nd November 2014), sigma6 (1st November 2014), Sunny-side-up (1st November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Jim Humble stated the same in an email blast about six months ago. Your blood with always balance itself. If I can find it I will post it. Jim Humble is the man would discovered MMS.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to penn For This Post:

sigma6 (2nd November 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

Ok. Sigma.
    Destilled water is dead. There is so much about water that will amaze you. At home in Spain I have My own well this water is going through a water energizer from Grander( I'll put the link later). Here in Germany I purify my tap water( no chlorine or flouride in it),
    with a Christal. on this christal is a very powerfull mantra wich purifies the water too. Water is the most important nutrition in our life, and if you boil it until it's destilled, you will have the results.
    Water has a memory and when you pass the flow through this Grander energizer, the water will be as new. but read it for yourself.
    Live healthy

http://www.grander.com/index.php

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

transiten (11th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,058 times in 909 posts

I am alkalizing my water in a groovy little cheap russian ionizer. it brings the ph of half a litre of water in 4mins to ph10 starting at ph7.5...
    alkaline water has a surplus of electrons in it that are then donated to needy acidic situations in your body (acidic being lower than ph7)
    our bodies are designed to run at a surplus of electrons ie. ph 7.35-7.45. so on the alkaline side....
    the process works only well with water that contains electrolytes , so distilled water would be out for this..

I have gained a huge amount of energy since i am doing this....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

Baby Steps (2nd November 2014), sigma6 (3rd November 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michael Moewes (here)
    Ok. Sigma.
    Destilled water is dead. There is so much about water that will amaze you...
    http://www.grander.com/index.php
    Again missing the point, your info is well taken, but water is neither dead or alive, it is not biological... and inherent "life giveing" properties is a function of the properties of the compound of hydogen and oxygen... the energy is coming from the atomic structure...

re: nutrition, I don't see water as a nutrient either, it is a catalyst, or creating the necessary environment, in which biochemistry can operate within, I used to let inaccurate definitions slide, but I see a huge problem down the road when people add metaphor on metaphor on metaphor until it becomes impossible to understand what is really going on... and provides the means for people to sell hype like the alkalized water... which the only thing it can do is kill your stomach acid...

Anyhow this isn't about people's misperceptions about water... it's about Ph, alkalinity vs acidity and what James Sloan is talking about... if perchance someone watches the video, and would like to comment, or has similar videos, articles information, that would be idea...

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)
    I am alkalizing my water in a groovy little cheap russian ionizer. it brings the ph of half a litre of water in 4mins to ph10 starting at ph7.5...
    alkaline water has a surplus of electrons in it that are then donated to needy acidic situations in your body (acidic being lower than ph7)
    our bodies are designed to run at a surplus of electrons ie. ph 7.35-7.45. so on the alkaline side....
    the process works only well with water that contains electrolytes , so distilled water would be out for this..
    I have gained a huge amount of energy since i am doing this....
    Interesting case study, but not scientific, because you haven't factored out a dozen other variables that may be contributing to your "energy" ... I'd suggest watching the video, you may be surprised there is no scientific validation for overly alkalized water whereas distilled water is the result of natural processes, left to it's own, nature is constantly distilling water in a never ending cycle. And drinking alkalized water just neutralizes your stomach acid... and according to Sloan that creates a breeding ground for candida... few people (if any at all) have too much stomach acid (it's a misdiagnosis of too little stomach acid) since pretty much everything we are doing (including alkalinized water) is destroying our stomach acid... look at all the natural cleansing agents, vinegar, lemon juice, raw tomatoes, etc... all acidic...

I'd rather look to nature, not kangen water machine manufacturers with misleading certifications, distributed through MLMs...

17. Link to Post #10
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,058 times in 909 posts

yeah, had a good look at the video and also read thru the youtube comments.
    the guy makes a lot of sense and seems to know his stuff... but is there anybody else out there of that opinion? I mean everybody else says 'alkalize'...
    thing is, a cup of coffee has a ph of 3, but made with ph10 water it goes neutral to ph7. thats how i see it really ,A. its balancing the acidic diet that we have these days. B. alkaline donates electrons...
    interesting that you alkalize when hyperventilating... breathing.. I heard that before...
    I may well be messing up my stomach acid levels.... is there a way of testing stomach acid?

great thread...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

sigma6 (3rd November 2014)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

The last thing I consider is what the majority is talking about... lol...

Acid vs. Alkaline
    http://www.hydro-glo.com/Acid%20Alkaline.htm

Turns out as, and as is often the case, there are benefits to BOTH acidic and alkaline water... I think I can enjoy my java again (just replenish with some distilled water... actually I heard that if you leave distilled water out for a while it becomes acidic... (Dr. Mercola)

There is a popular current trend to consider “acid” in relation to the body as bad. Commercial ads have for many years focused on stopping “Acid Indigestion”, and have predisposed us to consider an abundance of ”acid” - especially in our stomachs as bad. However acid, especially in our stomach performs the life saving function of purifying the meat we eat, without which we would be subject to many foreign microorganisms.

In the past fifteen years, a variety of Japanese researchers have published information concerning the benefits of the H– electron as an antioxidant. Most of the US patents for water electrolysis production devices are also from Japan, and the companies which market the devices rely heavily on this research as a marketing tool. The most expensive devices seem to be used for producing highly oxidized acid water for use in hospitals and restaurants to sterilize equipment and surfaces.

When electrolyzed water is first produced, the H minus (alkaline) water carries a large amount of free hydrogen which demonstrated antioxidant qualities (ability to bond with free oxygen) in the Japanese experiments. However the stronger antioxidant activity the hydrogen proton (H+ acid) was overlooked because freshly made electrolyzed water on the anode side of the membrane contains large amounts of oxygen. This oxygen dissipates after about three weeks leaving a high concentration of the hydrogen proton. All longevity researchers agree that free oxygen radicals cause aging, so why should the powerful and beneficial antioxidant properties of the hydrogen proton be overlooked.

Patrik Flanagan (developer of Microhydrin), since the early 1990’s has also been touting the importance of the hydrogen electron which is weakly bonded (alkaline) and could easily be surrendered to neutralize a free oxygen radical. However the most aggressive free radicals - hydroxyl (OH) and oxygen (O) have their radical properties attributable to a negative charge and not a positive one. The strong positive charge of the hydrogen proton attracts the radicals in a much stronger way than the H—ions.

In addition the Hydrogen protons are much stronger because the positive charge of a proton is more attractive to a free radical electron than any other electrons.

In the course of evolution, our bodies have come to produce readily available hydrogen protons (acid) to neutralize the free oxygen radicals. The positively charged protons neutralize free radicals, initiate ATP production, assist in cellular respiration, and protect our body’s own mineral and electrolyte reserves. Water is only formed in the body to handle waste when the hydrogen proton bonds with active oxygen and not the electron. Our blood is an alkaline medium and it was a mistake by many to assume the relationship of hydrogen to longevity had to do with the negative hydrogen electron (alkaline), instead of the positive proton (acid). At the cellular membrane level, the pH is 5 (acid).

Another reason for the effectiveness of the proton is its mass. The proton at the center of the hydrogen atom and has 1800 x more mass than the electron at the outer orbit.

When free hydrogen electrons come in contact with organic molecules which have a high mass, the electrons have little effect and are absorbed quickly. Oxygen atoms have eight electrons and tend to monopolize H– electrons.

The image at the right is a Hydrogen atom.
    The proton at the center is positively charged, while the electron at outer orbit is negatively charged.

Acid / Alkaline biochemistry is foundational to how our bodies work. Because the oxygen atoms in water tend to monopolize the electrons in the water molecules, the hydrogen protons are only loosely held to the water molecules. This frees up the hydrogen protons to interact with other water molecules, and other non water molecules containing H+ protons (minerals etc.) to interact with water molecules. The hydrogen protons are thus responsible for the incredible interactivity that takes place within our bodies via the vehicle of water throughout our tissue, blood and lymph.

Uses in Eastern Europe

Acid and alkaline electrolyzed waters have been used in Russia, the Ukraine, Lithuania and throughout Eastern Europe for over fifteen years. Dr. Petras Shibilskis states in his book Activated and Silvered Water (Panevezys, 2003) that electrolyzed water was invented at the Tashkent Gas Scientific Research Institute in Russia. They found that the waters maintained their properties for quite a long period of time when they were put in separate bottles after electrolysis. They began experimenting with the liquids and soon found curative and disinfectant properties associated with the use of the waters.

These new discoveries were very profound and unexpected. They also afford us many low-cost therapeutic solutions.
    Dr. Shibilskis tells us that electrolyzed water in Eastern Europe has been found to be safe and is used internally as well as externally.

“Acid water has bactericidal qualities, slows bioprocesses, reduces blood pressure, has a tranquilizing effect, improves ones sleep and gives relief in case of pain in joints as it has capability of dissolving salts.….

This water is very efficient in treatment of cold and diarrhea in humans, animals and foul. Women can wash their skin leaving aside the expensive imported cosmetic preparations. …. moisturizes various surfaces and well penetrates into the skin improving acidity level of the organism. “ (p7)

“Alkaline water is very soft, tasteless and resembles rainwater. It stimulates bio processes of the organism, gently increases blood pressure, promotes accessibility of nutrients, improves appetite, and gives energy and briskness. This water is good and efficient for treatment of various skin cuts, incisions, gastric ulcer, bedsores, etc. The alkaline water revitalizes faded flowers...seeds sprout faster and would give faster and bigger yield. This water is good for washing and laundering” (p8)

Hydro-Glo was developed as a two-part system designed to utilize the beneficial aspects of both the acid and alkaline electrolyzed waters.

Acid Water Benefits:

H+ Proton is supplied to the body to help with cellular energy, respiration and is an effective free radical neutralizer

Astringent (Tightens Skin)

Wound and Scar Healing
    (enhances the granulation of tissue)

Calms Nerves

Anti-inflammatory

Relieves Pain

Relieves Itch

Alleviates Dandruff and Dry Skin

Super Oxide Acid Water:

Antimicrobial, (helps with acne)

Helps with Pimples, and Boils

Helps Prevent disease

Alkaline Water Benefits:

H minus Electron is supplied to the skin to help with hydration and moisturizing

Helps decrease allergic reactions.

Increases Healing

Alleviates Dry Skin

Restores Elasticity

Softens Wrinkles

Revitalizes Cellular Energy

Penetrates Deep

Fluid Replacement Promotes Heath

Neutralizes Toxins

Hydro-Glo Electrolyzed Water Acts Like Your Body Fluids

Because of their ionic and electrolytic nature, Hydro-Glo’s waters closely resemble our body’s own fluids. Internal activities are based upon chemical osmosis. That is chemical bonds breaking and joining together with hydrogen and carbon, etc. as a result of the positive and negative ionic charges of weakly bonded molecules such as water. Hydro-Glo waters are a natural healing component of the organism.

In addition, Hydro-Glo’s waters have very small molecular cluster sizes (as demonstrated by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance testing). This means that they can enter the body through the skin more easily and thereby interact with the cells and tissues much faster. Tap water has about 12—15 molecules per cluster. Hydro-Glo’s water molecule clusters are less than half that of tap water—5—6 molecules per cluster. This allows Hydro-Glo products to penetrate the skin fast and deep. Oils and creams may help seal off the surface of your skin to prevent atmospheric drying, but Hydro-Glo can be absorbed into the tissue where it will interact with natural biological processes; rejuvenating and restoring the internal fluids your body craves.

As we get older we start to notice the signs of our skin aging. Spots and wrinkles get our attention in the mirror. Only then do we take aging and skin care seriously. Now, by using Hydro-Glo regularly, the clock can be slowed down—even reversed.
    Last edited by sigma6; 3rd November 2014 at 10:52.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Michael Moewes (3rd November 2014), Octavusprime (3rd November 2014)

21. Link to Post #12
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

Two videos to boost the discussion:

Gerald Pollack about the fourth phase of water.

What he essentially says - and has in essence proven -that water is not a neutral bystander in the body. Incoming water transforms into H3O2 near hydrophilic surfaces, cartilage, lumen of blood vessels, proteins in cell and electrolytes among others. This H3O2 carries a negative charge, a H+ is separated that creates H3O, carrying positive charge. This creates at the same time the necessary alkaline environment intracellularly and also the necessary positive charge. Ionizers usually separate water into H+ and OH- which is not the same thing and is not what is needed. H3O2 is the thing that creates energy that is harvested into driving blood in capillaries and for example keeping joint cartilage apart. This all - read battery - is driven as a source of energy by light, UV, IR, kinetic energy, sound, pressure.

I also used to think that neutral water neutralizes stomach acid, but I am corrected:
    Dr. Batmanghelidj explains in his video how actually water is separated into a. negative charge to enhance the protective mucus of stomach lining against the stomach acid which is b. also the product of water and c. is the constituent of pancreatic bicarbonate-solution which neutralizes stomach acid as it enters the duodenum. This in the light of Pollacks observations is very understandable, both charges are created from the very water you drink.

To cut the long story short, Pollack and Batmanghelidj explain how it is very important to either supply your body with slightly alkaline water, which means a. water that contains electrolytes ie. lots of hydrophilic surface area, b. water that interacts with oxygen ie. for example in the process of distillation where water evaporates H3O2-formation is the very thing that excludes solutes from the droplet and creates a negative charge in the droplet shell. This negative charge is how a droplet is repelled by the negative surface of the earth upwards. Distilled water therefore is not in essence un-alkaline but is one fine example of negative charge water, ie. alkaline, what Prof. Pollack refers to as EZ(exclusion zone)-water. It however will need to some extent in the body hydrophilic substances to be able to carry on with the charge, which means electrolytes.

Both can be done, however they both need know-how to understand what one is doing. I see it as more economical to use (if possible) electrolyte rich natural water which has plenty of H3O2 so that it can be utilized without investing energy into creating it. At the same time I also acknowledge that electrolyte-rich water vs. distilled water is not really a "vs"-issue. They are two sides of the same coin, to be understood and then utilized. Debate is not about normal vs distilled because it really is nothing more than right hand drive vs left hand drive. Alkalinity however should be supported by supplying the body with necessary ingredients to maintain it - which in the first video is claimed for the body that have ability to do. Help the body to help itself. This is as simple as water, calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium to begin with and then get some sunlight to power it up. Drop the coffee, alcohol, sugar and all other beverages other than water and you should be doing quite well.

Also Sigma was referring to energy coming from atomic structures and water not being a nutrient. I beg to differ: the molecular structural changes that water undergoes from H2O to H3O2 and H3O, driven essentially by light is storing ambient energy in this structure and this can be later utilized. The repulsive force of the positive charge build up among itself drives the capillary movement for example. Water in proper form imo is a nutrient of the very best sort. I know this can be debated, chicken-egg-chicken-type of thing. What I however do say, quoting Prof. Pollack:"Positive life is about keeping up the negative charge". It is not a matter of systemical negative charge i.e. alkalinity, it is about negative charge intracellularly, slightly more positive extracellular charge - and in scales all the way in the body, Yin and Yang all the way. Both are needed, but the balance needs to be in general slightly on the alkaline side. This can - and imo should - be helped as quite a number of our nutrition and lifestyles are acidifying. All-out alkalizing is not to do either, as you don´t wan´t to tip the scale in that direction too much either.

UT
    ps. I am a he actually
    pps. I have to make a point of my first post: only when typing this one, I realized the relationship of distilled water to the fourth phase of water and how I cut a corner in the first post. I can definitely see value also in distilled water, but remain adamant in my stance that hydrophilic substances should be amply around in the body to sustain the structure of the water.
    ppps. what I refer to us all-out-alkalizing is some of the alkalizing green powders that both carry a negative charge and also have a tremendous "cooling" energetic effect (according to chinese system), doing too much.
    pppps. "At the cellular membrane level, the pH is 5 (acid)." - actually, it seem´s that near the cellular membrane ph is very alkaline and in the immediate vicinity very acid, this is the charge separation of water to H3O2 and H+(-> H3O), so there is both alkalinity and acidity which means basically a battery.
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 3rd November 2014 at 06:53.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

sigma6 (3rd November 2014), ThePythonicCow (3rd November 2014)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Fair enough, great info coming in... but the description you gave are quite literally chemical definitions...
    This is the magic of atomic structures, the miracle of matter, how the chemical structures are defined and create different properties...
    This is all precursor to biology, the foundation of what biology operates on... a hierarchy of functions if you will
    ie. physics, chemistry and then biology...

... here is another interesting tidbit... since I guess it's hard NOT to talk about water when we talk about Ph, and acid vs alkalinity it is very much turning out to be two sides of one coin... how interesting! I've taken hydrogen peroxide before, it's such a gross (hard to describe) taste to me but I might try to do it again... forgot how good it is for us... and it has an inherent simplicity to it... adding drops to your water...

Food-Grade Hydrogen Peroxide Health Benefits

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Ultima Thule (7th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

-
    Here's a very informative article.
    It all has to do with not overloading your BUFFERING SYSTEMS......

Quote ..... your buffering systems can be overtaxed to a point where you experience negative health consequences. Since your buffering systems have to work all the time anyway to neutralize the acids that are formed from everyday metabolic activities, it's in your best interest to follow a diet that doesn't create unnecessary work for your buffering systems.
    The Truth About Alkalizing Your Blood

By Dr. Ben Kim

Is it true that the foods and beverages you consume cause your blood to become more alkaline or acidic?

Contrary to popular hype, the answer is: not to any significant degree.

The pH of your blood is tightly regulated by a complex system of buffers that are continuously at work to maintain a range of 7.35 to 7.45, which is slightly more alkaline than pure water.

If the pH of your blood falls below 7.35, the result is a condition called acidosis, a state that leads to central nervous system depression. Severe acidosis - where blood pH falls below 7.00 - can lead to a coma and even death.

If the pH of your blood rises above 7.45, the result is alkalosis. Severe alkalosis can also lead to death, but through a different mechanism; alkalosis causes all of the nerves in your body to become hypersensitive and over-excitable, often resulting in muscle spasms, nervousness, and convulsions; it's usually the convulsions that cause death in severe cases.

The bottom line is that if you're breathing and going about your daily activities, your body is doing an adequate job of keeping your blood pH somewhere between 7.35 to 7.45, and the foods that you are eating are not causing any wild deviations of your blood pH.

So what's up with all the hype about the need to alkalize your body? And what's to be made of the claim that being too acidic can cause osteoporosis, kidney stones, and a number of other undesirable health challenges?

As usual, the answers to such questions about human health can be found in understanding basic principles of human physiology. So let's take a look at the fundamentals of pH and how your body regulates the acid-alkaline balance of its fluids on a moment-to-moment basis.

pH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline a liquid is. With respect to your health, the liquids involved are your body fluids, which can be categorized into two main groups:

1.Intracellular fluid, which is the fluid found in all of your cells. Intracellular fluid is often called cytosol, and makes up about two-thirds of the total amount of fluid in your body.

2.Extracellular fluid, which is the fluid found outside of your cells. Extracellular fluids are further classified as one of two types:

Plasma, which is fluid that makes up your blood.

Interstitial fluid, which occupies all of the spaces that surround your tissues. Interstitial fluid includes the fluids found in your eyes, lymphatic system, joints, nervous system, and between the protective membranes that surround your cardiovascular, respiratory, and abdominal cavities.

Your blood (plasma) needs to maintain a pH of 7.35 to 7.45 for your cells to function properly. Why your cells require your blood to maintain a pH in this range to stay healthy is beyond the scope of this article, but the most important reason is that all of the proteins that work in your body have to maintain a specific geometric shape to function, and the three-dimensional shapes of the proteins in your body are affected by the tiniest changes in the pH of your body fluids.

The pH scale ranges from 0 to 14. A liquid that has a pH of 7 is considered to be neutral (pure water is generally considered to have a neutral pH). Fluids that have a pH below 7 - like lemon juice and coffee - are considered to be acidic. And fluids that have a pH above 7 - like human blood and milk of magnesia - are considered to be alkaline.

It's important to note that on the pH scale, each number represents a tenfold difference from adjacent numbers; in other words, a liquid that has a pH of 6 is ten times more acidic than a liquid that has a pH of 7, and a liquid with a pH of 5 is one hundred times more acidic than pure water. Most carbonated soft drinks (pop) have a pH of about 3, making them about ten thousand times more acidic than pure water. Please remember this the next time you think about drinking a can of pop.

When you ingest foods and liquids, the end products of digestion and assimilation of nutrients often results in an acid or alkaline-forming effect - the end products are sometimes called acid ash or alkaline ash.

Also, as your cells produce energy on a continual basis, a number of different acids are formed and released into your body fluids. These acids - generated by your everyday metabolic activities - are unavoidable; as long as your body has to generate energy to survive, it will produce a continuous supply of acids.

So there are two main forces at work on a daily basis that can disrupt the pH of your body fluids - these forces are the acid or alkaline-forming effects of foods and liquids that you ingest, and the acids that you generate through regular metabolic activities. Fortunately, your body has three major mechanisms at work at all times to prevent these forces from shifting the pH of your blood outside of the 7.35 to 7.45 range.

These mechanisms are:

1.Buffer Systems

◦ Carbonic Acid-Bicarbonate Buffer System
    ◦ Protein Buffer System
    ◦ Phosphate Buffer System

2. Exhalation of Carbon Dioxide

3. Elimination of Hydrogen Ions via Kidneys

It's not in the scope of this post to discuss the mechanisms listed above in detail. For this article, I only want to point out that these systems are in place to prevent dietary, metabolic, and other factors from pushing the pH of your blood outside of the 7.35 to 7.45 range.

When people encourage you to "alkalize your blood," most of them mean that you should eat plenty of foods that have an alkaline-forming effect on your system. The reason for making this suggestion is that the vast majority of highly processed foods - like white flour products and white sugar - have an acid-forming effect on your system, and if you spend years eating a poor diet that is mainly acid-forming, you will overwork some of the buffering systems mentioned above to a point where you could create undesirable changes in your health.

For example, your phosphate buffer system uses different phosphate ions in your body to neutralize strong acids and bases. About 85% of the phosphate ions that are used in your phosphate buffer system comes from calcium phosphate salts, which are structural components of your bones and teeth. If your body fluids are regularly exposed to large quantities of acid-forming foods and liquids, your body will draw upon its calcium phosphate reserves to supply your phosphate buffer system to neutralize the acid-forming effects of your diet. Over time, this may lead to structural weakness in your bones and teeth.

Drawing on your calcium phosphate reserves at a high rate can also increase the amount of calcium that is eliminated via your genito-urinary system, which is why a predominantly acid-forming diet can increase your risk of developing calcium-rich kidney stones.

This is just one example of how your buffering systems can be overtaxed to a point where you experience negative health consequences. Since your buffering systems have to work all the time anyway to neutralize the acids that are formed from everyday metabolic activities, it's in your best interest to follow a diet that doesn't create unnecessary work for your buffering systems.

Acid and Alkaline-Forming Effects of Common Foods

Generally speaking, most vegetables and fruits have an alkaline-forming effect on your body fluids.

Most grains, animal foods, and highly processed foods have an acid-forming effect on your body fluids.

Your health is best served by a good mix of nutrient-dense, alkaline and acid-forming foods; ideally, you want to eat more alkaline-forming foods than acid-forming foods to have the net acid and alkaline-forming effects of your diet match the slightly alkaline pH of your blood.

The following lists indicate which common foods have an alkaline-forming effect on your body fluids, and which ones result in acid ash formation when they are digested and assimilated into your system.

- Foods that have a Moderate to Strong Alkaline-Forming Effect
    - Foods that have a Moderate to Strong Acid-Forming Effect

Please note that these lists of acid and alkaline-forming foods are not comprehensive, nor are they meant to be.

If you're eating mainly grains, flour products, animal foods, and washing these foods down with coffee, soda, and milk, you will almost certainly improve your health by replacing some of your food and beverage choices with fresh vegetables and fruits.

The primary purpose of this article is to offer information that explains why I believe that you don't need to take one or more nutritional supplements or "alkalized water" for the sole purpose of alkalizing your body. Your body is already designed to keep the pH of your body fluids in a tight, slightly alkaline range.

The ideal scenario is to make fresh vegetables and fruits the centerpieces of your diet, and to eat small amounts of any other nutrient-dense foods that your appetite calls for and that experience shows your body can tolerate.

I hope these thoughts bring some clarity to this often misunderstood health topic.

http://drbenkim.com/ph-body-blood-fo...d-alkaline.htm
    -
    Last edited by heyokah; 3rd November 2014 at 13:29. Reason: add text

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,678 times in 3,332 posts

sigma6, I watched the entire video. I have worked in the medical field and have education in human physiology. What he says makes perfect sense to me. I feel rather stupid buying into the whole alkaline thing when if I would have taken the time to reason it out I would have come to the same conclusions that he has.

What I have come to realize slowly over the years is that we can not isolate one action or take a singular substance to "fix" the body. The body takes whatever it is given ,breaks it down and utilizes it the way it sees fit. Ingesting something orally and expecting it to maintain that desired characteristic throughout the body is unrealistic.If you and I ingest the exact same thing, my body may respond differently to it than yours based on my personal needs and deficiencies. I have looked at the issue of water over the years and it is very confusing. I used to drink distilled water but now agree that spring water is the best if it can be found relatively pure. Buying it in plastic jugs seems to negate the positives. I am currently drinking highly mineral well water, but I suspect I am also drinking toxins as everyone in this area seems to pour Roundup on the ground.

At the end of the day, we need to learn to respect the wisdom of the body. We become very arrogant when we make decisions that the body needs huge amounts of a single ingredient such as baking soda. I used to take large amounts of vitamins until I finally realized that I was doing more harm than good. An example is taking calcium supplements. Yes, the body needs calcium but ingesting large amounts with not enough vitamin d and k can cause more harm than good leaving calcium deposits in blood vessels. Now I only take vitamins if they are from a food source, which means they will be in much lower doses. This comes back to the water thing. I think ingesting water that is as close to what we would have done in the past is the best and I think spring water is the closest.

sigma6, thank you for providing a most enlightening thread, I have bookmarked his web sight and will be reading more of his writings.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

meat suit (3rd November 2014), sigma6 (7th November 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I still think distilled is the best, even if now only because it provides the body with a clean base, which the body can probably easily convert it to whatever it needs, and to me it only makes sense 99% of us will all need cleansing more then anything... and distilled will do that best, but even if that is not the case then the body can make it more acid or alkaline, it will still be more efficient... I think that might be why it works

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Ultima Thule (7th November 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

I have no problem with the alkaline/acid conclusion. However, when James Sloan says sodium bicarbonate has no effect on cancer is when I say - "What?" In the video he claims Dr. Tullio Simoncini's success with BS is only because he injects it directly into the cancer and says to simply ingest it does nothing to combat cancer. This is not exactly true. http://drleonardcoldwell.com/2013/11...omment-page-1/ snip: "Although Dr. Simoncini believes oral sodium bicarbonate is most appropriate for cancers affecting the digestive tract, other oncologists and cancer patients such as Vernon have proven that oral sodium bicarbonate can indeed effectively treat cancer affecting deep-seated organs." Dr. Simoncini is not the only doctor to promote the use of BS. So does Dr. Sircus http://drsircus.com/medicine/sodium-...a-cures-cancer I'll be keeping an open mind about Sodium Bicarbonate and cancer. As Einstein said: When the solution is simple, God is answering."

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeeBee For This Post:

greybeard (11th November 2014), heyokah (11th November 2014), MorningFox (12th November 2014), penn (12th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread