+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 8 18 22 LastLast

Thread: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Default Re: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    All such cancers, which have as an essential part of their genetic makeup the requirement to keep growing or die, eventually kill their host.
    Actually, I think I am very, very wrong in saying this.

Sometimes, even far advanced stage cancer victims, on their literal death beds, heal.

This is not done by the conventional treatments of "modern" medicine - cut, burn and poison (surgery, chemo or radiation.)

Rather it is done by healing the mind, body, and soul, so that the cancer can no longer co-exist.

Riots in the streets, hanging the Bush's from the lamp posts, holding trials of the most powerful at the International Court of Justice in the Hague ... these won't work.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 18th December 2014 at 07:37.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (18th December 2014), giovonni (18th December 2014), JRS (20th December 2014), NancyV (27th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (18th December 2014), Omni (15th January 2015), PathWalker (10th January 2015), Reinhard (20th December 2014), Rocky_Shorz (18th December 2014), T Smith (21st December 2014), TargeT (19th December 2014), thunder24 (19th December 2014)

3. Link to Post #142
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Default Re: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

Quote The problem with all austerity programs that require that the borrower live on less in order to pay off excess debt is that they blame the borrower.

4. Link to Post #143
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

Paul ~ i will share this here since it's attuned and timely to your last few post here ...

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Jeff Rense & Gary Null - Challenge Your Belief System

Clip from December 15, 2014 / Published on Dec 17, 2014

5. Link to Post #144
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

All such cancers, which have as an essential part of their genetic makeup the requirement to keep growing or die, eventually kill their host.

Sometimes, even far advanced stage cancer victims, on their literal death beds, heal.

This is not done by the conventional treatments of "modern" medicine - cut, burn and poison (surgery, chemo or radiation.)

Rather it is done by healing the mind, body, and soul, so that the cancer can no longer co-exist.

Riots in the streets, hanging the Bush's from the lamp posts, holding trials of the most powerful at the International Court of Justice in the Hague ... these won't work.

In some cases ... and I can speak from personal experience ... a change in diet will do the trick ...

... but dammit ... don't take away the lamp posts please???

Quote George Bush Sr. quoted in "Disclosure Project" video

"If the people knew what we had done they'd chase us down in the streets and lynch us."
    Last edited by Calz; 18th December 2014 at 07:53.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

giovonni (18th December 2014), JRS (20th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (18th December 2014), Reinhard (20th December 2014), Rocky_Shorz (18th December 2014), ThePythonicCow (18th December 2014)

7. Link to Post #145
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

the first rule of healing, is don't let facts stand in your way...

they mean nothing, health can change instantly, with thought and faith all realities are possible...

8. Link to Post #146
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)

the first rule of healing, is don't let facts stand in your way...

they mean nothing, health can change instantly, with thought and faith all realities are possible...
    For this to be effective you must believe 100%. Feel that 'truth'. It's not just a matter of knowing mentally.

And that is what generates the difficulties because the 'believe' 100% depends on the sum of your conscious with your sub-conscious.

If your sub-conscious does not believe there no will be cure.

Quote Brain Scans Can Reveal Your Decisions 7 Seconds Before You “Decide”

In a kind of spooky experiment, scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences reveal that our decisions are made seconds before we become aware of them.

In the study, participants could freely decide if they wanted to press a button with their right or left hand.

The only condition was that they had to remember when they made the decision to either use their right hand or left hand.

Using fMRI, researchers would scan the brains of the participants while all of this was going on in order to find out if they could in fact predict which hand the participants would use BEFORE they were consciously aware of the decision.

The Results

By monitoring the micro patterns of activity in the frontopolar cortex, the researchers could predict which hand the participant would choose 7 SECONDS before the participant was aware of the decision.

“Your decisions are strongly prepared by brain activity. By the time consciousness kicks in, most of the work has already been done,” said study co-author John-Dylan Haynes, a Max Planck Institute neuroscientist.

I don’t even know where to begin here! I know from the hypnosis research that the unconscious pretty much controls everything and that consciousness is extremely limited.

But, I do find it a bit disconcerting that decisions are made by unconscious me 7 seconds before conscious me…

I am not the only one.

Watch Marcus Du Sautoy (Professor of Mathematics at the University of Oxford) go through the study himself. The 7 second delay is in full effect.

Marcus is really disturbed here and brings up the subject of free will. Does this mean we really do NOT have free will? I am really curious what you think about this, please comment below.
    Source: http://exploringthemind.com/the-mind...ore-you-decide
    If 'someone' can provide information in the form of programming for our sub-conscious (symbology, sub-liminal messages, etc.) probably genetically designed to receive them in an unconscious way, it is very likely that the emotional and physical responses will be results these schedules if not criticized by the conscious.

Pressing buttons.

Add the information described above with our knowledge of the collapse of the wave function of quantum mechanics, and a foundation for mind over matter is established as factual to the tunnel of personal and collective reality (s), depending on the degree of perception.

The sum of all the wave function collapses adding all consciousness, creates a reality of the average of desires that all involved wish to experience, turning different frequency waves of information into the 'desired' realities.

Know and be able to modify our 'I / Self' and understand how to control it seems to be essential to create the world we want.

I try to collapse the end of all illusion matrixies but I know a lot of people that do not want them to disappear.

Most people have no idea that they actively collaborate to materialized reality, personally and globally.

Naste.
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 18th December 2014 at 23:31.

9. Link to Post #147
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mgray (here)
    So Putin is forced to sell gold to make up shortfall in revenue in order to bring in food for the winter.
    The November results are in. Russia did not sell gold in November. They bought another 600,000 ounces, as reported at Zerohedge:
    Quote Which of course means that the very "Russia is selling" rumors that were so effectively used to keep the price of gold low into the recent risk-flaring episode, were capitalized on by the very same Russia, which we do however know sold some $8 billion in US Treasurys in October bringings its total holdings of US paper to the second lowest since 2008...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

gripreaper (20th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (20th December 2014), Reinhard (20th December 2014), Sophocles (15th January 2015), TargeT (19th December 2014)

11. Link to Post #148
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by mgray (here)
    So Putin is forced to sell gold to make up shortfall in revenue in order to bring in food for the winter.
    The November results are in. Russia did not sell gold in November. They bought another 600,000 ounces, as reported at Zerohedge:
    Quote Which of course means that the very "Russia is selling" rumors that were so effectively used to keep the price of gold low into the recent risk-flaring episode, were capitalized on by the very same Russia, which we do however know sold some $8 billion in US Treasurys in October bringings its total holdings of US paper to the second lowest since 2008...
    This article caught my attention, as I was trying to figure out who is getting hurt by the slaughtering of the price of oil and gold, and the raging rise in the dollar. Here is an excerpt, the whole article linked below.

In the financial world it is (generally) accepted as a given that gold is anti-dollar…i.e. the gold price runs inverse to value of the dollar.

In 1971, US President Richard Nixon closed the ‘gold window’, ending the free exchange of dollars for gold, guaranteed by the US in 1944 at Bretton Woods.

In 2014, Russian President Vladimir Putin has reopened the ‘gold window’, without asking Washington’s permission.

Right now the West spends much of its efforts and resources to suppress the prices of gold and oil. Thereby, on the one hand to distort the existing economic reality in favor of the US dollar …and on the other hand, to destroy the Russian economy, refusing to play the role of obedient vassal of the West.

Today assets such as gold and oil look proportionally weakened and excessively undervalued against the US dollar. It is a consequence of the enormous economic effort on the part of the West.

And now Putin sells Russian energy resources in exchange for these US dollars, artificially propped by the efforts of the West. With these dollar proceeds Putin immediately buys gold, artificially devalued against the U.S. dollar by the efforts of the West itself!

There is another interesting element in Putin’s game. It’s Russian uranium. Every sixth light bulb in the USA depends on its supply, which Russia sells to the US too…for dollars.

Thus, in exchange for Russian oil, gas and uranium, the West pays Russia with dollars, purchasing power of which is artificially inflated against oil and gold by the efforts (manipulations) of the West. However, Putin uses these dollars only to withdraw physical gold from the West in exchange at a price denominated in US dollars, artificially lowered by the same West.

This truly brilliant economic combination by Putin puts the West led by the United States in a position of a snake, aggressively and diligently devouring its own tail.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/checkma...-oil-for-gold/

This seems like a plausible scenario to me.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 20th December 2014 at 05:45.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Gardener (13th February 2015), KiwiElf (27th December 2014), meeradas (20th December 2014), mountain_jim (20th December 2014), naste.de.lumina (20th December 2014), PathWalker (10th January 2015), Reinhard (20th December 2014), sandy (20th December 2014), Sebastion (20th December 2014), Sophocles (15th January 2015), T Smith (21st December 2014), ThePythonicCow (20th December 2014)

13. Link to Post #149
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Question Re: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

will share this here ...

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Keiser Report: Ruble’s Baptism by Fire

"Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert are joined by Liam Halligan of BNE.eu. They talk rubles, sanctions and diversifying the economy with some technology investments. In the second half, Max interviews Konstantin Gurdgiev about the ruble, the Russian budget and David Cameron’s take on the causes and consequences of the crisis and sanctions. They also discuss the ruble’s ‘baptism by fire’ as it only just joined the five trillion dollar per day forex markets."

Published on Dec 20, 2014

Episode 695

14. Link to Post #150
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Jim Willie's Hat Trick Letter for this month has a couple of twists to the plot that (1) I agree with, but (2) are not inline with and following on from what's in this thread so far.

Jim has been side stepping any significant comment on whether, in his view, aliens are involved in the adventures of humanity. He has been wanting to maintain his credibility in topics that he could focus on, with less unresolvable controversy. But this month, he has come out, in his subscription newsletter, pretty clearly and in some detail, stating that he understands that "other" (non-human, aka alien) beings are quite involved, some darker ones siding with the retread Nazi's running the US, and some others more recently supporting Russia and the BRICS in order to avoid destruction of or great setbacks to the wonderful diversity of advanced life and civilization on this planet. Jim is still being deliberately vague, in an effort to avoid saying something that will sound foolish to most of his readers now, and be soon enough shown ridiculously wrong in the near future. But that said, it was, by my reading of Jim, a disclosure of Jim Willie's conclusion that aliens are significantly involved in events here on earth.

In the other twist to the plot, Jim Willie is clearly coming down in a different view of the future role of the IMF in the world's monetary system than is JC Collins (the one whose posts primed the pump for this present thread.) In Jim's view, the IMF is too compromised by it's entanglement with Western Banksters, and is being driven more to destruction than it is being built up to become the creator of the world's next dominant "reserve currency", with its SDR's to become the world's "senior debt." The US has not paid its dues to the IMF in several years, and has been the primary holdout from ratifying the 2010 IMF reforms. Apparently, in Jim Willie's view (and I suspect he's right), the US would rather destroy the IMF than it would allow the IMF to become a more potent agency that was out from under the US thumb. So instead, the trend will continue with developing alternatives to the US Dollar for international trade and finance that are outside of the Western dominated banking systems, using resources and precious metals to settle imbalances in a variety of bilateral and regional agreements.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

giovonni (27th December 2014), Karma Ninja (15th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (14th January 2015), PathWalker (10th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015)

16. Link to Post #151
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Wink Re: Global Currency Reset (SDR's and the New Bretton Woods; by JC Collins)

Jim Willie's Hat Trick Letter for this month has a couple of twists to the plot that (1) I agree with, but (2) are not inline with and following on from what's in this thread so far.

Jim has been side stepping any significant comment on whether, in his view, aliens are involved in the adventures of humanity. He has been wanting to maintain his credibility in topics that he could focus on, with less unresolvable controversy. But this month, he has come out, in his subscription newsletter, pretty clearly and in some detail, stating that he understands that "other" (non-human, aka alien) beings are quite involved, some darker ones siding with the retread Nazi's running the US, and some others more recently supporting Russia and the BRICS in order to avoid destruction of or great setbacks to the wonderful diversity of advanced life and civilization on this planet. Jim is still being deliberately vague, in an effort to avoid saying something that will sound foolish to most of his readers now, and be soon enough shown ridiculously wrong in the near future. But that said, it was, by my reading of Jim, a disclosure of Jim Willie's conclusion that aliens are significantly involved in events here on earth.

In the other twist to the plot, Jim Willie is clearly coming down in a different view of the future role of the IMF in the world's monetary system than is JC Collins (the one whose posts primed the pump for this present thread.) In Jim's view, the IMF is too compromised by it's entanglement with Western Banksters, and is being driven more to destruction than it is being built up to become the creator of the world's next dominant "reserve currency", with its SDR's to become the world's "senior debt." The US has not paid its dues to the IMF in several years, and has been the primary holdout from ratifying the 2010 IMF reforms. Apparently, in Jim Willie's view (and I suspect he's right), the US would rather destroy the IMF than it would allow the IMF to become a more potent agency that was out from under the US thumb. So instead, the trend will continue with developing alternatives to the US Dollar for international trade and finance that are outside of the Western dominated banking systems, using resources and precious metals to settle imbalances in a variety of bilateral and regional agreements.

A nice last minute Christmas present ...
    wouldn't you say Paul ...

17. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

And the beat goes on...

$USD

OIL

Jim Willie's latest...

http://www.stage2omega.com/jim-willi...llar-is-dying/
    Last edited by gripreaper; 5th January 2015 at 05:25.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Sophocles (15th January 2015), ThePythonicCow (6th January 2015)

19. Link to Post #153
    Language
    English
    Thanks

As Jim Willie is fond of saying, the US Dollar will rise, and rise and rise some more ... then crash.

The trillions and trillions and hundreds of trillions of dollars "worth" of assets added to the balance sheet of the Federal Reserve, and other Central Banks, in the last six years have -not- caused inflation, and will -not- cause inflation in the short term.

Those trillions have been exchanged for debt paper ... calls on future world cash flows.

Now those debts are starting to come due; now the Federal Reserve and other Central banks are starting to pull back from ever more rapid, cheaper, lending.

That is why the price of oil is falling. That is why the price of gold is falling. That is why the price of copper is falling. That is why overly indebted investments in shale oil fracking are failing. The debts are coming due, and there is a world wide shortage of the US Dollars in which most of those debts are denominated.

This is why the US Dollar is rising (see the chart in the previous post) against other currencies. Most major corporate and national debt is denominated in (must be paid back with) US Dollars.

We are in a monstrously large bubble that is far larger than the dot-com boom or the housing market bubble. Central bank lending to the world's markets has pushed up debt and unfunded liability levels of many nations and major corporations to the highest in recorded human history.

The world is like a crack addict, on the biggest high in tens of thousands of years. It's a bubble not in Silicon Valley Start-Up Stock, nor in Securitized Mortgages, but in Sovereign Bonds of the major Central Banks of the world. Record low interest rates mean, exactly, record high prices for sovereign debt paper.

This bubble will burst. Bubbles always burst. That's what they do.

I am beginning to suspect that JC Collins, the analyst I began this thread with, is being unrealistically optimistic when he lays out a relatively smooth transition, over the next year or two, to a new world currency system, based on a new reserve basis defined by the IMF, using some next generation SDR's as the reserve unit.

Bubbles this big don't go quietly into the night in a year or two.

This sort of pump and dump, easy lending followed by monetary and economic collapse, has been the time honored means, for at least centuries now, by which the "money changers in our temple" have been jacking up their control of human civilization.

The game's not over. Unless some amazing shift, unlike any seen in a thousand years at least, comes to humanity, then the next couple of decades could get quite ugly.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Carmody (15th January 2015), Dennis Leahy (15th January 2015), gripreaper (17th January 2015), Karma Ninja (15th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th January 2015), Omni (15th January 2015), PurpleLama (15th January 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (15th January 2015), Sierra (20th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015), T Smith (15th January 2015)

21. Link to Post #154
    Language
    English
    Thanks

From 555 Trillion Reasons Why Central Banks Won't Let Rates Normalize (ZeroHedge):

=========
    The biggest question for most investors today is whether or not rates will rise in 2015.

This question is focusing on the wrong issue: the economy. It should be focusing on the REAL issue: the bond bubble.

The Fed may raise rates a token amount this year, but the move will be largely symbolic. With over $100 trillion in bonds and over $555 TRILLION in interest rate derivatives trading based on interest rates, the Fed will not be normalizing rates at any point in the future.

The reality is as follows:
    1. Bonds are the biggest bubble in history, dwarfing even the real estate bubble of the mid-2000s.
    2. This bubble also encompasses the bubble in Central bank policy. Every single Central Bank policy is focused on maintaining the bond bubble and the TBTF banks with the greatest derivative exposure to it.
    3. When the bond bubble bursts, entire nations will fail, as will the Central Banks themselves. Draghi, Yellen, Kuroda et al will do everything in their power NOT to allow the system that has put them at the top of the economic food-chain to collapse no matter what the costs for ordinary citizens.
    4. Rates will only rise significantly ONCE the bond bubble bursts. There may be symbolic raises here and there, but with over $555 trillion in derivatives based on interest rates floating in the system globally, you can bet there will NEVER be a shock and awe interest rate raise.
    5. This bubble, like all bubbles, will eventually burst no matter what the Central Banks do. When it does, everything about modern finance will prove misguided and based solely on the belief that Central Banks can control the system.
    =========

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th January 2015), Gardener (13th February 2015), gripreaper (17th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th January 2015), Sierra (20th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015), T Smith (15th January 2015)

23. Link to Post #155
    Language
    English
    Thanks

From Major War Exploding Soon-Charles Nenner (Greg Hunter's USAWatchDog.com):

=========
    Renowned analyst Charles Nenner says the biggest cycle he sees coming is the war cycle. Nenner says, “For the last couple of years, I have been saying, in the second decade of the new century, we will have a big war. Why, because there is a 100 year cycle. If you go back 100 years to the first world war in 1914 to 1918, that led to the second world war. That was actually one big war with peace in the middle. It you go back 100 years before that, you get Napoleon. . . . If you put ‘big war’ in Google, you see always in the second decade of the new century, there is a huge war. Nenner goes on to say, “The fear has started already. So, this is going to be exploding soon into a major war. . . . Based on the weaponry that becomes better in every war, I guess that’s why we get more dead bodies in every war.
    =========

Here's the Youtube video of Greg Hunter's interview of Charles Nenner (though the audio on Nenner's end rather sucks)

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

gripreaper (17th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th January 2015), Sierra (20th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015)

25. Link to Post #156
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Classic examples of hyperinflation, such as in the Wiemar Republic in the early 1920's, occur when a nation owes far more debt than it can pay, and prints money to pay that debt.

The United States debt and unfunded liabilities are at historic highs, yes. However, that's not humanity's biggest problem.

The biggest elephant in the room is the amount of money owed to the Central Banks, such as the Federal Reserve. What ever inflation that excess lending was going to cause has already mostly happened, such as in the stock market bubbles of the last few years. Now the bill is coming due, as the Central Banks pull back on the lending. This will suck all the air out of the room ... all the Dollars out of the world economy ... trying to pay back more debt than the profits of real world economy can fund. That's not inflation. That's deflation, on an epic scale.

This usually leads to economic collapse, a pull back from globalization as global financial markets fail, war on a large scale, millions (perhaps billions, this time around) being slaughtered, and then a reformulation of the world's political, economic and monetary structure, on a larger scale.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th January 2015), gripreaper (17th January 2015), Karma Ninja (15th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th January 2015), Sierra (20th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015), T Smith (15th January 2015)

27. Link to Post #157
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Classic examples of hyperinflation, such as in the Wiemar Republic in the early 1920's, occur when a nation owes far more debt than it can pay, and prints money to pay that debt.

The United States debt and unfunded liabilities are at historic highs, yes. However, that's not humanity's biggest problem.

The biggest elephant in the room is the amount of money owed to the Central Banks, such as the Federal Reserve. What ever inflation that excess lending was going to cause has already mostly happened, such as in the stock market bubbles of the last few years. Now the bill is coming due, as the Central Banks pull back on the lending. This will suck all the air out of the room ... all the Dollars out of the world economy ... trying to pay back more debt than the profits of real world economy can fund. That's not inflation. That's deflation, on an epic scale.

This usually leads to economic collapse, a pull back from globalization as global financial markets fail, war on a large scale, millions (perhaps billions, this time around) being slaughtered, and then a reformulation of the world's political, economic and monetary structure, on a larger scale.
    Reformulation of the world's political, economic and monetary structure, on a larger scale, speculating that remains an entire planet after a conflict of this magnitude.

28. Link to Post #158
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Another aspect of this - a major source of funding for US Dollar denominated debt has been the Petro-Dollar. Since Nixon and Kissinger got Saudi Arabia to require payment in US Dollars for their crude oil in the 1970's, agreeing to invest the profits in US Treasuries, in exchange for protection by (or should I say, from) the US Military and Intelligence agencies, the flow of US Dollars into US debt paper, through the oil exporting countries, has been the largest engine keeping the US Dollar denominated world monetary system going.

This recycling has now ended.
    • The world's largest oil exporter, Russia, is now selling US Treasuries, not buying them.
    • The oil exporters who still are taking US Dollars for their oil are selling their oil for one half as many Dollars per barrel as a year ago.
    From Russia Just Pulled Itself Out Of The Petrodollar (Zerohedge):

=========
    Back in November, before most grasped just how serious the collapse in crude was (and would become, as well as its massive implications), we wrote "How The Petrodollar Quietly Died, And Nobody Noticed", because for the first time in almost two decades, energy-exporting countries would pull their "petrodollars" out of world markets in 2015.

This empirical death of Petrodollar followed years of windfalls for oil exporters such as Russia, Angola, Saudi Arabia and Nigeria. Much of that money found its way into financial markets, helping to boost asset prices and keep the cost of borrowing down, through so-called petrodollar recycling.

We added that in 2014 "the oil producers will effectively import capital amounting to $7.6 billion. By comparison, they exported $60 billion in 2013 and $248 billion in 2012, according to the following graphic based on BNP Paribas calculations."
    The problem was compounded by its own positive feedback loop: as the last few weeks vividly demonstrated, plunging oil would lead to a further liquidation in foreign reserves for the oil exporters who rushed to preserve their currencies, leading to even greater drops in oil as the viable producers rushed to pump out as much crude out of the ground as possible in a scramble to put the weakest producers out of business, and to crush marginal production. Call it Game Theory gone mad and on steroids.

Ironically, when the price of crude started its self-reinforcing plunge, such a death would happen whether the petrodollar participants wanted it, or, as the case may be, were dragged into the abattoir kicking and screaming.

It is the latter that seems to have taken place with the one country that many though initially would do everything in its power to have an amicable departure from the Petrodollar and yet whose divorce from the USD has quickly become a very messy affair, with lots of screaming and the occasional artillery shell.

As Bloomberg reports Russia "may unseal its $88 billion Reserve Fund and convert some of its foreign-currency holdings into rubles, the latest government effort to prop up an economy veering into its worst slump since 2009."

These are dollars which Russia would have otherwise recycled into US denominated assets. Instead, Russia will purchase even more Rubles and use the proceeds for FX and economic stabilization purposes.

"Together with the central bank, we are selling a part of our foreign-currency reserves,” Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said in Moscow today. “We’ll get rubles and place them in deposits for banks, giving liquidity to the economy."

Call it less than amicable divorce, call it what you will: what it is, is Russia violently leaving the ranks of countries that exchange crude for US paper.
    =========
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 15th January 2015 at 01:35.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Carmody (15th January 2015), Dennis Leahy (15th January 2015), gripreaper (17th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th January 2015), Sierra (20th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015)

30. Link to Post #159
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The biggest source of the "economic recovery" of the last few years in the US, besides lies, damn lies and doctored statistics from the government and besides the bubbles in the stock and bond markets, has been the growth of the energy sector in the US ... meaning shale oil fracking.

That's is now going bust, with the collapse of oil prices below those needed to extract shale oil at a profit, or to even service the debt on existing operations.

From What Happens To High-Wage Jobs Next? (Zerohedge):

=========
    Yesterday, during his conference call, in the context of the collapse in the US shale industry, DoubleLine's Jeff Gundlach said something that we first noted over a month ago: that "all of the job growth in the (economic) recovery can be attributed to the shale renaissance." He was likely looking at the following chart from a Manhattan-Institute report:
    And while he added that if low oil prices remain, the U.S. could see a wave of bankruptcies from some (or most) leveraged energy companies which we also observed two months, there is a different and perhaps far more important tangent to the above chart.

Wages.

Because recall that now that the unemployment rate is an artificially low 5.6% thanks to a record number of Americans out of the labor force (all that would need to happen for the jobless rate to double is for 8 million of the 93 million American not in the labor force to return to it for whatever reason), the one key indicator that the Fed is focusing on, is average weekly compensation. And as those who followed last Friday's jobs report recall all too well, in December nominal wages saw their biggest monthly plunge in years.

So our question is this: if indeed the shale boom is now turning to bust, and if indeed the vast majority of jobs created were thanks to the shale revolution (which is about to go in reverse), what happens to the primary source of high-paying jobs: the energy sector?
    =========

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th January 2015), gripreaper (17th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th January 2015), Sierra (20th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015)

32. Link to Post #160
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

As Jim Willie is fond of saying, the US Dollar will rise, and rise and rise some more ... then crash.
    A light bulb always burns brightest just before it burns out. I have a very uneasy feeling about recent developments; the present dollar euphoria and bond market rallies (U.S. Treasury markets are in SERIOUS rally mode right now -- the long bond yield hit an all time low just today) could well be nothing but the onset of its fatal heart attack. What is a little more uncertain is how high it can go and how long the consortium of central banks can sustain the final flash, so to speak. No doubt they are orchestrating covert schemes (some of which we may not even fathom before they unfold) to administer a sort of synthetic pressure in the bubble to keep it from bursting. World War comes to mind, but I would think we will see many such desperate plays for control, Hail Mary's, and surprising moves in the coming weeks and months.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (15th January 2015), gripreaper (17th January 2015), Karma Ninja (15th January 2015), naste.de.lumina (15th January 2015), Sierra (20th January 2015), Sophocles (15th January 2015), ThePythonicCow (15th January 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 8 18 22 LastLast