United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: Saving people from suicide is instinctual

My heart goes out to you, Sandy. xo

Quote Posted by sandy (here)
    I just lost my younger brother to suicide 3 weeks ago so this is a very raw topic for me. It seems that the synchronicity of the topic of this thread at this sad time in my life is meant to be and to be spoken out loud.

I believe in free will including the choice to live on this earth or move onto another realm. Can`t say I am happy about his choice as I will and do miss him tremendously already. He was my main side kick for over 10 years, coming to play cards and have a meal at least 3 times a week. He left a big mess for his old sister to clean up so there are swings of resentment too, including when I have to communicate with the insensitivities of the debtors and some do gooders who really are getting their needs met under their `caring rhetoric`.

Anyway to make a long story short, I do honour his right to his own choices and know that he was in deep internal pain that he wasn`t able to face in this life time. In the end, his coping to shut out his demons, through drinking and gambling, deepened his self loathing and increased his pain. I think it is more instinctual to want to help someone who is in pain versus suicidal.

My Brother is no longer caught in a cycle of agony and for that I am happy............I love you now and always my Baby Brother

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Melinda (7th November 2014), sandy (8th November 2014), Sierra (7th November 2014), Sith73 (8th November 2014), skippy (7th November 2014), Stephanie (7th November 2014), Swan (7th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Sandy,

I am so sorry for your loss. My father committed suicide as well.

I know your brother will be fine, I know you will be fine... But I know it hurts right now.

Love and support for you.

Sierra

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Melinda (7th November 2014), RunningDeer (8th November 2014), sandy (8th November 2014), Sith73 (8th November 2014), skippy (8th November 2014), Stephanie (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Thank you for your love, understanding and compassion Sierra.

Thank you also for much care and concern through the PM's and loving vibes here at Avalon, as the healing energy is truly felt and more than appreciated, accepted and welcomed. 's are abundant it seems
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

RunningDeer (8th November 2014), Sierra (10th November 2014), Sith73 (8th November 2014), skippy (8th November 2014), Stephanie (8th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2