+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saving people from suicide is instinctual

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

Default Saving people from suicide is instinctual

I saw one of these videos on the youtube list after seeing a video about something else. It reminded me how in the human race, when people see someone is about to kill themselves their instinct is to save them.

There is the discussion on is it right to save (or try to) or not, and that it is the person's own choice to dye when they want to, but I see both sides.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Saving people from suicide is instinctual

strange but would you be better off let the jump why well there was a case in china were a old woman was jumping to her death in china a women ran to her assistance and saved her life many people came afterwards to also help . The saved women then sued the women for saving her life because she hurt her shoulder strange world it came to court and the saved women could not prove who hurt her shoulder there is a video of the incident.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to regnak For This Post:

grannyfranny100 (2nd November 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member Observer1964's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 times in 457 posts

Personally I think that such public suicide attempts are mainly (not all) a desperate cry for help by someone who just does not feel heard.

If you really want to die you find a quiet place or a place where no one can stop you.
    Examine all things and retain the good.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Observer1964 For This Post:

chocolate (2nd November 2014), grannyfranny100 (2nd November 2014), joeecho (2nd November 2014), Kindling (7th November 2014), Kryztian (2nd November 2014), Natalia (2nd November 2014), Pam (2nd November 2014), sandy (3rd November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,845 times in 876 posts

Observer1964, I agree; however, I do question the medical community overdoing it. Thank God for the evolution of hospice.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

Kindling (7th November 2014), Kryztian (2nd November 2014), Natalia (2nd November 2014), Pam (2nd November 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by Observer1964 (here)
    Personally I think that such public suicide attempts are mainly (not all) a desperate cry for help by someone who just does not feel heard.

If you really want to die you find a quiet place or a place where no one can stop you.
    I agree with your assessment. Another thing about those attempting to commit suicide in a public setting,this may be a spontaneous reaction and the suicide is a sort of knee jerk response. Like many things that are done spontaneously, it may be something that they would not have done in a less emotional state.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

grannyfranny100 (2nd November 2014), joeecho (2nd November 2014), Kindling (7th November 2014), Natalia (2nd November 2014), Observer1964 (7th November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    UK Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,694 times in 1,016 posts

In reply to other comments, to add to your points, I think that sometimes there also is a battle inside, a part of them wants to die and a part wants to live, and that is (big partly?) why most of the time they do not jump straight away...

I know very well that if this was my child I would try to save her

Last edited by Natalia; 2nd November 2014 at 15:02. Reason: spelling

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)

I agree with your assessment. Another thing about those attempting to commit suicide in a public setting,this may be a spontaneous reaction and the suicide is a sort of knee jerk response. Like many things that are done spontaneously, it may be something that they would not have done in a less emotional state.
    The culmination of what led up to a 'spontaneous' moment is not so spontaneous so it would be fair to question whether it really is spontaneous or just seems so from an observer's point a view.

13. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Sith73's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 times in 243 posts

I have jumped in twice now to stop two people I knew who wanted to kill themselves over the years. Once I talked to them they backed down and listened to me to what I had to say about life.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Jake (2nd November 2014), Kindling (7th November 2014), Kryztian (2nd November 2014), Natalia (2nd November 2014), Wind (2nd November 2014)

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,845 times in 876 posts

Sith73, what happened after each event? Did they turn their life around with or without additional assistance or repeat the suicide?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

Kindling (7th November 2014), Natalia (2nd November 2014), Sith73 (4th November 2014)

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I was there for them when they needed a friend. Just being there was what turned things around for them. Support and guidance. I listened to what was bothering them and they walked away from suicide. Again I supported them and gave my perception on life.
    Last edited by Sith73; 2nd November 2014 at 23:08. Reason: editing

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Kindling (7th November 2014), Natalia (3rd November 2014), Observer1964 (3rd November 2014), Wind (4th November 2014)

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I also made sure there surrounds was free of any darkness or in other words parasitic beings. Some call them archons, demons, shadow beings, I call them terds. I can sense them in person and see them astrally when I leave my body.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Kindling (7th November 2014), Natalia (3rd November 2014), Observer1964 (3rd November 2014), Wind (4th November 2014)

21. Link to Post #13
    Netherlands Avalon Member Observer1964's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,064 times in 457 posts

Quote Posted by Sith73 (here)
    I have jumped in twice now to stop two people I knew who wanted to kill themselves over the years. Once I talked to them they backed down and listened to me to what I had to say about life.
    I was there for them when they needed a friend. Just being there was what turned things around for them. Support and guidance. I listened to what was bothering them and they walked away from suicide. Again I supported them and gave my perception on life.
    I had similar experiences, stepping in, and just be there, help, listen and talk.

I also made sure there surrounds was free of any darkness or in other words parasitic beings. Some call them archons, demons, shadow beings, I call them terds. I can sense them in person and see them astrally when I leave my body.
    I can sense them too, ( I once even could partially see one) but have no clue how to get rid of them.
    Examine all things and retain the good.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Observer1964 For This Post:

Sith73 (4th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I know how to remove them astrally. I always give them the option to leave first. If they don't want to leave and they get violent then I destroy them. It takes energy from me, but I won't travel or fight astrally until I'm 100%. If and when I do this I need time to rest after the fact. I truly prefer not to fight unless the being is just that a ****ing terd and I help them on their way back to source.

24. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 times in 241 posts

One of the most painful parts of life is not being able to stop someone taking there own life, even if its what they want after careful consideration,when I was 17 a good friend had been fighting lymphoma for quite a few years,it didn't stop him doing what he wanted to,i seem to remember he was in his last year of training for a high flying accountancy position,anyway he was a little bit older than me and I can say he had a positive influence on me and always had time for people,so one evening he showed up at my place and said he had the news that he had weeks left and not months or even years like we all hoped,i certainly hoped he would beat it as he was such a good person with such a warmth about him,a gem,so he shows up at my place and says that he's had enough and he's going out in his own way when he wanted,that he was going to have a drink and a smoke and relax,i was actually amazed he was walking about as he looked thinner than normal but still looked healthy,kind of pale but fresh,the last words he said to me that its been nice knowing me and I said the same and that was the last time I saw him,the next day I heard he passed that night,some could say I could have done more including myself but he had enough and had made his mind up,its been just over 20 years but that last few moments seems like it was yesterday...

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

Kindling (7th November 2014), Natalia (4th November 2014), Sith73 (4th November 2014), Stephanie (7th November 2014), Wind (4th November 2014)

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Thank you for sharing that. That really touched me

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sith73 For This Post:

Kindling (7th November 2014), Verdilac (7th November 2014)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

I just lost my younger brother to suicide 3 weeks ago so this is a very raw topic for me. It seems that the synchronicity of the topic of this thread at this sad time in my life is meant to be and to be spoken out loud.

I believe in free will including the choice to live on this earth or move onto another realm. Can`t say I am happy about his choice as I will and do miss him tremendously already. He was my main side kick for over 10 years, coming to play cards and have a meal at least 3 times a week. He left a big mess for his old sister to clean up so there are swings of resentment too, including when I have to communicate with the insensitivities of the debtors and some do gooders who really are getting their needs met under their `caring rhetoric`.

Anyway to make a long story short, I do honour his right to his own choices and know that he was in deep internal pain that he wasn`t able to face in this life time. In the end, his coping to shut out his demons, through drinking and gambling, deepened his self loathing and increased his pain. I think it is more instinctual to want to help someone who is in pain versus suicidal.

My Brother is no longer caught in a cycle of agony and for that I am happy............I love you now and always my Baby Brother
    Last edited by sandy; 4th November 2014 at 05:08.
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

eaglespirit (7th November 2014), Kindling (7th November 2014), markoid (7th November 2014), meeradas (7th November 2014), Melinda (7th November 2014), Natalia (4th November 2014), RunningDeer (7th November 2014), Sierra (7th November 2014), Sith73 (4th November 2014), skippy (7th November 2014), Stephanie (7th November 2014), thunder24 (7th November 2014), ulli (7th November 2014), Verdilac (7th November 2014), Wind (4th November 2014)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 times in 241 posts

Im no guru and I don't mean to be condescending but gets easyer to live with Sandy,you will miss him the same but it does get better,there will be times in the future which will take you rite back when you got the news but you move past it being painful to remember the good times and its kind of like the best of someone can live on inside you, for sure remembering the good times will be hard and will upset you but you just have to laugh about the good times till you cry sometimes,
    when I think back to some of the crazy situations ive been in with close people ive lost I find I hard to be down beat and almost always end up crack a smile whilst sometimes shaking my head..

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

sandy (7th November 2014), Sith73 (8th November 2014)

32. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Kindling's Avatar
    Thanks

Much, much love to you Sandy. My heart just breaks for you and your family. Sounds like you two have been very close. I know how thankful you must be for that time now. I can also sympathize with the other more complicated feelings too. Sounds like he might have some explaining to do when the two of you are reunited . Hugs Sandy

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kindling For This Post:

sandy (7th November 2014), Sith73 (8th November 2014), thunder24 (7th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

34. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Thank you for your words and kind thoughts Verdilac and Kindling............they touch my heart and bring tears and help wash away some of the anguish and make room for feelings of Love and Gratitude for all the other many blessings in my life.
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

eaglespirit (7th November 2014), Melinda (7th November 2014), Natalia (7th November 2014), RunningDeer (7th November 2014), Sith73 (8th November 2014), Stephanie (7th November 2014), thunder24 (7th November 2014), Verdilac (7th November 2014), Wind (8th November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast